Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890789 times)
kadscuk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Investor

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:32:38 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 09:47:34 AM by kadscuk

Smart contracts have not been confirmed for Stratis.  Secondly Ethereum can be used with any language, so C# is not necessarily an advantage.  Again, how is this any different from Lisk - there are more JavaScript developers than even C#, why shouldn't Lisk beat Ethereum?

The reason lisk isn't higher is because their implementation and code output is weak. In other words, they have a weak team which takes too long to bring things out, and the market has reacted accordingly.

Stratis delivers what it says it will do quickly and efficiently, with a clear roadmap that they're actually sticking to. They are also based in central London which is arguably the most productive place in the world (and I know because Ive lived there)

This is one of the things that sets Stratis apart from so many other techs. They are a solid team that delivers quick results, on time, with none of the faffing about that a lot of other cryptos have (like lisk). They are super productive and are in the right environment to deliver quick results.

They are also in the banking capital of the world with rapid access to so many financial institutions, literally next door to them. Something that a lot of cryptos dont have.

Stratis can also be used with any language. The C# is used as the link for the existing enterprise code which already exists.

I'm not saying it shouldn't go up, I'm saying it's overvalued right now because they don't have anything in production.  The wallet is just a fork and reskin.  I looked on github, the Stratis project is a fork of Novacoin.  How much is Novacoin worth?  Novacoin only has a supply of 1.7M and it's worth $4.28:

Sorry but this is complete and total bullshit. Novacoin has absolutely NOTHING to do with this

Why should Stratis be valued so much higher when it leverages significantly from Novacoin?  What makes it so different?  Please show me where the Stratis whitepaper talks about smart contracts.  What page was that?

This Novacoin BS means you've lost your credibility. Smart contracts is also written very clearly in their roadmap

C# is not a big deal - Lisk is JavaScript dapps and essentially the same argument.  There is a reason Ethereum is #2, smart contracts run on the main chain, not side chains only, which is what Stratis plans to do.  They don't even have smart contracts built-in yet.  And I'm asking you to find where it say s that they already have it - they don't.  So for these reasons, there are plenty of alternatives to Ethereum that should be much higher valued.

Again, your forgetting that its not ideas and concepts that matter. Lisk might be a good idea in practice, but their implementation sucks, their team sucks, their location sucks.

- Its implementation and ability to deliver results that matter (Stratis is delivering what it says it will do, and super quickly).
- Its location, access to corporations that matter (Stratis is based in central London, the banking capital of the world)
- Its team that matters (Stratis is a team with its experience in Enterprise IT)

The CEO of Stratis Chris Trew has been in Enterprise IT based in central London, the banking capital of the world. He sees how corporations have structured their IT infrastructure and he has seen that its C# and .NET which is common throughout their infrastructure. This programming language and infrastructure is used as THE LINK to allow their blockchain technology to develop.

The reason side chains exist is so Stratis can run multiple blockchain languages in one core technology. Stratis is like a blockchain hub where multiple technologies can run together at the same time.

Again, it honestly seems you dont know what your talking about

Dash and Monero both have anonymous transactions already existing today.  Ethereum, and plenty of others already have smart contracts.

I think the coin market is getting filled with trash.  They're filling hype, not real need.

Do Dash and Monero make Bitcoin transactions and coins anonymous?

Smart contracts are not a big deal like your making them out to be. What is a big deal is getting an easy to use solution that corporations can use to implement different blockchain technologies, by respecting their existing IT infrastructure.

What your failing to understand is that corporations cant just jump ship with all their code and start using ethereum or any other crypto. They have an existing legacy code that needs to be maintained and respected, especially when it comes to banks which basically are continually building on top of their existing code and software without actually deleting or changing anything.

By Stratis using C# and having an indepth understanding of how corporate IT works, they are respecting the REALITY of corporations. The C# is used to link into the existing legacy code on the .NET framework

As for Ethereum, corporations are ripping off ethereum left and right. Look at Corda for instance...banks implementing their own smart contracts by looking at how ethereum works and then making their own system.

You are seeming to think that smart contracts is some magical thing, when it isn't.
cryptonia

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:35:27 AM

going to be swings for sure,  lot of folks have $1 million USD + in STRAT and can't sell that size without affecting market

the counterbalance is that anyone who wants a Breeze master node need 250k STRAT and that is a lot of cash
I just don't understand, with all the good news on the way, why suddenly they all wanna dump at once?

Prices don't, in the short term, have much at all to do with the news or "fundamentals."
JUSTDLISK

Activity: 457

Bancor

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:37:35 AM

Smart contracts have not been confirmed for Stratis.  Secondly Ethereum can be used with any language, so C# is not necessarily an advantage.  Again, how is this any different from Lisk - there are more JavaScript developers than even C#, why shouldn't Lisk beat Ethereum? 

The reason lisk isn't higher is because their implementation and code output is weak. In other words, they have a weak team which takes too long to bring things out, and the market has reacted accordingly.

Stratis delivers what it says it will do quickly and efficiently, with a clear roadmap that they're actually sticking to. They are also based in central London which is arguably the most productive place in the world (and I know because Ive lived there)

This is one of the things that sets Stratis apart from so many other techs. They are a solid team that delivers quick results, on time, with none of the faffing about that a lot of other cryptos have (like lisk). They are super productive and are in the right environment to deliver quick results.

They are also in the banking capital of the world with rapid access to so many financial institutions, literally next door to them. Something that a lot of cryptos dont have.

Stratis can also be used with any language. The C# is used as the link for the existing enterprise code which already exists.

I'm not saying it shouldn't go up, I'm saying it's overvalued right now because they don't have anything in production.  The wallet is just a fork and reskin.  I looked on github, the Stratis project is a fork of Novacoin.  How much is Novacoin worth?  Novacoin only has a supply of 1.7M and it's worth $4.28:

Sorry but this is complete and total bullshit. Novacoin has absolutely NOTHING to do with this

Why should Stratis be valued so much higher when it leverages significantly from Novacoin?  What makes it so different?  Please show me where the Stratis whitepaper talks about smart contracts.  What page was that?

This Novacoin BS means you've lost your credibility. Smart contracts is also written very clearly in their roadmap

C# is not a big deal - Lisk is JavaScript dapps and essentially the same argument.  There is a reason Ethereum is #2, smart contracts run on the main chain, not side chains only, which is what Stratis plans to do.  They don't even have smart contracts built-in yet.  And I'm asking you to find where it say s that they already have it - they don't.  So for these reasons, there are plenty of alternatives to Ethereum that should be much higher valued.

Again, your forgetting that its not ideas and concepts that matter. Lisk might be a good idea in practice, but their implementation sucks, their team sucks, their location sucks.

- Its implementation and ability to deliver results that matter (Stratis is delivering what it says it will do, and super quickly).
- Its location, access to corporations that matter (Stratis is based in central London, the banking capital of the world)
- Its team that matters (Stratis is a team with its experience in Enterprise IT)

The CEO of Stratis Chris Trew has been in Enterprise IT based in central London, the banking capital of the world. He sees how corporations have structured their IT infrastructure and he has seen that its C# and .NET which is common throughout their infrastructure. This programming language and infrastructure is used as THE LINK to allow their blockchain technology to develop.

The reason side chains exist is so Stratis can run multiple blockchain languages in one core technology. Stratis is like a blockchain hub where multiple technologies can run together at the same time.

Again, it honestly seems you dont know what your talking about

I couldn't have said it better myself.

My hat tips off to you, sir  Grin

Ultra777

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:37:45 AM

How many people here truly understand the technical difference of Stratis vs. Ethereum?  How many of you speculating actually have a technical software development background?  

Personally, I made a good profit short-term on this, but I'm not sure if I want to re-enter, maybe only for the hype around the breeze wallet.  Looking at the wallet code, it is just a UI re-design.  I don't see a technical underlying improvement over what this has been forked from.  I see a lot of hype by people who have no clue what they're talking about.  It's like Lisk, where Lisk was JS for Ethereum, and this is just C#/.Net.  

The price is declining in correlation with people cashing out and many also realizing what this really is.  Is it really as good as the others in the top 10?  Is it really comparable to Dash at this point?  The value is way overhyped, and the market is starting to realize this.

Also, with Poloniex disabling their chat, it seems the overhype on some of these is dying down.  

Still, I don't know if it will go up/down, just saying it's not that great.  Yes, it's great if you bought during the ICO or shortly after, but I don't know about buying at these prices, given the current tech they have put out.  The valuation at the current rate is overblown.

Very good opinion. I the breeze wallet is just an UI redesign, it's really overhyped news for sure. Well, the design is important, but it's not todamoon reason!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
cryptonia

Activity: 340

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

Scaremongers weren't there at the top, but now that it may (or may not) dump again, they appear trying to incite fear.
How many times have we seen this before?
markuson

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:58:50 AM

It is always the same story:

Why did people sell ETH when it was 8$ 20$ 50$

Now they are sitting and asking themselves why. Its always the same story. At the end as in all other areas in life - patience will be rewarded
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

Now they are sitting and asking themselves why. Its always the same story. At the end as in all other areas in life - patience will be rewarded

Stratis has made a bunch of people quite wealthy. And they still hold. Good sign IMHO.

kadscuk

Investor

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:01:38 AM

Very good opinion. I the breeze wallet is just an UI redesign, it's really overhyped news for sure. Well, the design is important, but it's not todamoon reason!

Are you absolutely kidding me?

Breeze wallet is not just an UI design!!!!!!

The UI is something that they are of course working on, but its based on an underlying technology which they have been working on

Breeze wallet implements Tumblebit..see here:

https://stratisplatform.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=141438

"TumbleBit is an anonymous payment protocol that aims to solve two of the major challenges faced by Bitcoin, scaling to keep up with the increasing demand, and protecting the privacy of payments made via Bitcoin. TumbleBit is implemented as a layer built on top of Bitcoin and is compatible without requiring changes to the existing Bitcoin protocol."

Stratis will be interchangeable with the breeze wallet...given Stratis a direct link to bitcoin, the most widely used crypto currency in the world with millions of users and thousands of different technologies built on top of it.

Tell me, where are all the ethereum and lisk ATMS??? Where are all the ethereum and lisk credit and debit cards?

I see bitcoin with the ATMs, I see bitcoin with the credit and debit cards, I see bitcoin blockchain is what other technologies are writing on.

And Stratis will have THE DIRECT LINK to this global bitcoin technology which is changing the world. Bitcoin is now worth close to $45 billion..and it will get to $100billion soon. Stratis will have the direct link to this with the breeze wallet...its a huge huge huge update

And on top of that, stratis can run ethereum, it can run lisk, it can run any blockchain technology!
rejoin

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 10:02:58 AM

Stratis has made a bunch of people quite wealthy. And they still hold. Good sign IMHO.

I think it would be stupid to sell if you know that there are some releases in the next few month.

currentvalue

Activity: 137
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:08:06 AM

Buying Stratis coins is like buying Microsoft stocks in the early days. Why would anyone sell their holdings if they know they can be very wealthy in the future? Those who sell now WILL regret it in the future.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
Papski

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:34:48 AM

-snip-

oh no, no one believes your petty excuse. Its likely your objective is to lower the price to buy cheap as possible. we dont need trash like you in here.
SonicBoomerang

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:35:54 AM

I sold about 25% of my eth last week and doubled down on this coin.  

Looking at their rock solid roadmap, clear use cases and previous performance I am yet to regret it, even if I am a little down in the short term.
amrutrk

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:48:03 AM

Are you absolutely kidding me?

Breeze wallet is not just an UI design!!!!!!

The UI is something that they are of course working on, but its based on an underlying technology which they have been working on

Breeze wallet implements Tumblebit..see here:

https://stratisplatform.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=141438

"TumbleBit is an anonymous payment protocol that aims to solve two of the major challenges faced by Bitcoin, scaling to keep up with the increasing demand, and protecting the privacy of payments made via Bitcoin. TumbleBit is implemented as a layer built on top of Bitcoin and is compatible without requiring changes to the existing Bitcoin protocol."

Stratis will be interchangeable with the breeze wallet...given Stratis a direct link to bitcoin, the most widely used crypto currency in the world with millions of users and thousands of different technologies built on top of it.

Tell me, where are all the ethereum and lisk ATMS??? Where are all the ethereum and lisk credit and debit cards?

I see bitcoin with the ATMs, I see bitcoin with the credit and debit cards, I see bitcoin blockchain is what other technologies are writing on.

And Stratis will have THE DIRECT LINK to this global bitcoin technology which is changing the world. Bitcoin is now worth close to $45 billion..and it will get to $100billion soon. Stratis will have the direct link to this with the breeze wallet...its a huge huge huge update

And on top of that, stratis can run ethereum, it can run lisk, it can run any blockchain technology!

Coinbiz, I'm not sure how to tag you here.. But, can you answer the above quoted post please..
Let's talk then, I invite all the guys who know more about the business model of stratis and we can have a good healthy debate?

Plus, u know when ETH was hacked and then got revived, what they said.. 99.99% of guys said, ETH is dead and burried.. now see where ETH is.. ;-)
Mettius81

Activity: 491

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

What's your prediction for this coin? Coin reach a very good price in the last 10 days, but now is in decline phase. What do you think about?

Thanks to all
kadscuk

Investor

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:57:14 AM

The other thing with Stratis is Stratis allows a corporation to implement blockchain super quickly.

It speeds up the development process and massively reduces overhead costs.

Imagine the costs of implementing something like ethereum for a massive corporation, testing it, making it bug free and all the other overheads which come with it. Ethereum is a foreign coding language, its code needs to be heavily tested inside out (taking huge amounts of time and resources). It would be a nightmare and monstrosity to implement because corporations have so many different coding languages, different softwares and different levels of IT infrastructure. To replace all that in favor of ethereum would be a HUGE project, and corporations wont take that risk.

Corporations build on top of their coding instead of replacing it, because its so vast and huge, it would be a nightmare to replace things. This is something people outside of corporate IT don't understand

In the Stratis whitepaper, it shows how enterprises can be provisioned with blockchain in just 10 minutes, using a 1-click provisioning service, and the organisations can keep their existing IT infrastructure, coding and everything else as it is.

This IMHO is a game changer

Like the way we can provision a server by clicking a few buttons, the same will be with Stratis. The organisation just clicks a few buttons, the private blockchain gets provisioned, with all the parameters they need, and everything else IT wise can stay as it is.  And they can run lisk, ethereum or any other crypto tech they want without having any of the headaches.

And if the organisation later wanted to replace its IT infrastructure, it can do that in steps, whilst knowing their info etc is being written to the blockchain securely, and the organisation is getting all the benefits of blockchain.

Compare that to a monstrosity like ethereum. Its a completely new coding language that has to build stuff from the ground up, the code would need to be absolutely solid and thoroughly tested to be bug free to even be worth considering, and you have limited developers on a new language. You would also need to factor in huge costs to replace your existing IT infrastructure to build a whole new network on top. IT infrastructure that tracks millions of transactions, billions in assets and extremely complex code that isn't so simple to replicate or replace. It simply isnt happening.

This is why you have the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - because enterprises like the idea, but they're struggling to implement it because its such a monstrosity. So what theyre doing is ripping ethereum off and building their own little things (like Corda) because ethereum cant be implemented so easily

With Stratis you dont have any of those problems. Press a few buttons on their blockchain provisioning service and hey presto your away, able to use any blockchain tech, with the parameters you want, whilst protecting your legacy code and allowing real IT infrastructure updates to happen step by step.

Stratis is practical, it makes sense, it takes a huge headache out of enterprises and it understands the reality of the situation.

Jantapw
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:03:51 AM

Buying Stratis coins is like buying Microsoft stocks in the early days. Why would anyone sell their holdings if they know they can be very wealthy in the future? Those who sell now WILL regret it in the future.

Agreee with you, and it has been stable growth from past few weeks.. not those unusual  pump dump..

expecting this coin to reach 0.001 very soon
paveldurov

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:07:25 AM

Agreee with you, and it has been stable growth from past few weeks.. not those unusual  pump dump..

expecting this coin to reach 0.001 very soon

This is again the best time to buy more STRATIS, then sell at 440k satoshi or hold.
Mexal

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:13:34 PM

It's worth noting that Chris Trew doesn't see Stratis as a competitor of Ethereum. They will never displace Ethereum when it comes to smart contracts. What they want to be is a one stop shop for all things blockchain for the enterprise world. I think we do them a disservice by saying Stratis is Ethereum in C# and therefore will be huge. It's not and it doesn't aim to be.
Papski

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:31:16 PM

It's worth noting that Chris Trew doesn't see Stratis as a competitor of Ethereum. They will never displace Ethereum when it comes to smart contracts. What they want to be is a one stop shop for all things blockchain for the enterprise world. I think we do them a disservice by saying Stratis is Ethereum in C# and therefore will be huge. It's not and it doesn't aim to be.

Its like saying that Microsoft and Apple are not competing for the same market.

Reality, this is competition.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:17:13 PM

Its like saying that Microsoft and Apple are not competing for the same market.

Reality, this is competition.

Exactly, Trew is just being diplomatic. I bet he wants to leapfrog ETH like the rest of us STRAT holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: