Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik and Tual going to end up in jail?  (Read 10947 times)
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 12:09:06 PM

Anything he says, he's usually proven wrong.
iamnotback (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 12:44:12 PM

Still think they're going to jail?

I think they are very likely culpable under securities law.

However, given Vitalik's rich father's political connections, I would doubt he will go to jail. We live a corrupt world.

Ostensibly, TPTB will allow these scams and ICOs to continue for as long as they can make more money allowing it than by attacking it.

I can't predict the chaotic future (as in the pendulum in chaos theory), but I can imagine scenarios wherein the party in ICOs come to its natural end. I offered already the idea that the ICOs might become too numerous and fracturing the economies-of-scale for stealing, thus sending the gains to too many individuals and away from the TPTB. At that point, TPTB might kill its own scam (Ethereum) while shorting it to the ground as they announce regulatory actions.

Who knows. My popcorn is ready.
phytosaw22

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

Still think they're going to jail?

I think they are very likely culpable under securities law.

However, given Vitalik's rich father's political connections, I would doubt he will go to jail. We live a corrupt world.

Ostensibly, TPTB will allow these scams and ICOs to continue for as long as they can make more money allowing it than by attacking it.

I can't predict the chaotic future (as in the pendulum in chaos theory), but I can imagine scenarios wherein the party in ICOs come to its natural end. I offered already the idea that the ICOs might become too numerous and fracturing the economies-of-scale for stealing, thus sending the gains to too many individuals and away from the TPTB. At that point, TPTB might kill its own scam (Ethereum) while shorting it to the ground as they announce regulatory actions.

Who knows. My popcorn is ready.

Haha you are a funny man. You think all the lawyers they have fired are just sitting on their hands doing nothing? You think Fortune 500 companies would feel safe working with Ethereum if Vitalik is going to go to jail? Accenture, BP, BNY Mellon, CME Group, Credit Suisse among others. You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

You are DELUSIONAL

SHIFT - Decentralize the web
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:08:53 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 09:51:06 PM by iamnotback

Haha you are a funny man. You think all the lawyers they have fired are just sitting on their hands doing nothing? You think Fortune 500 companies would feel safe working with Ethereum if Vitalik is going to go to jail? Accenture, BP, BNY Mellon, CME Group, Credit Suisse among others. You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

As if everyone one who was ever involved with Fortune 500 companies never went to jail. But didn't I just write that he may have the connections to probably avoid going to jail.

As for the coming failures I wrote about, being affiliated with Fortune 500 companies has never prevented such failure. Ever heard of Michael Milken and the high-yield junk bond collapse of many of the Savings & Loans banks in the USA. Or how about Enron executives who were charged. Etc...

You are DELUSIONAL

Less rational than you who doesn't know the definition of 'black swan'?
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 07:07:38 PM

you can share source is accurate and reputable about youre title thread
is source only comment from member bitcointalk without source reputable site, is only speculation and not accurate
until now ethreum is good price and good volume transaction

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
MentalMigraine111

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:14:09 PM

I know Barry Silbert been in trouble with the SEC. Vitalik going to prison is a good april fools joke.
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:42:01 PM

I know Barry Silbert been in trouble with the SEC. Vitalik going to prison is a good april fools joke.

The ones who can buy off the SEC may only get a handslap (e.g. Erik Voorhees who afair refunded all the money to participants and paid a fine), but the other smucks will wear the blame nametags on orange prison uniforms:

However, there’s already indications that at least the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which is responsible for overseeing the nation's securities laws, is paying attention.

Consensus amidst crisis

Last month, the deputy director of the SEC’s trading and markets division, Gary Goldsholle, pointed to the hack as illustrative of his concerns over consumer protection in similar instances in the future, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

To minimize the negative impact the hack might have on those consumers, Jentzsch said a series of measures have been organized within the community.

Until the legal framework is in place, giving in to the seduction of ICOs puts you and your company at risk of a regulatory crackdown. Founders and non-ICO investors could lose everything to a big penalty.
And that risk doesn’t stop at the company level. Founders and directors could be personally responsible to investors, or even face criminal charges.

So far regulators have taken a light touch, but since The DAO debacle we know the SEC is paying attention to the crypto-equity world, and it’s safe to assume that someone, somewhere is going to get hit with the regulatory hammer. Don’t let it be you.
DU30

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I trade and Gemini and you should too.

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:00:08 AM

When did silbert have troubles with the sec?
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:10:23 AM

The ones who can buy off the SEC may only get a handslap (e.g. Erik Voorhees who afair refunded all the money to participants and paid a fine), but the other smucks will wear the blame nametags on orange prison uniforms:

However, there’s already indications that at least the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which is responsible for overseeing the nation's securities laws, is paying attention.

Consensus amidst crisis

Last month, the deputy director of the SEC’s trading and markets division, Gary Goldsholle, pointed to the hack as illustrative of his concerns over consumer protection in similar instances in the future, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

To minimize the negative impact the hack might have on those consumers, Jentzsch said a series of measures have been organized within the community.

Until the legal framework is in place, giving in to the seduction of ICOs puts you and your company at risk of a regulatory crackdown. Founders and non-ICO investors could lose everything to a big penalty.
And that risk doesn’t stop at the company level. Founders and directors could be personally responsible to investors, or even face criminal charges.

So far regulators have taken a light touch, but since The DAO debacle we know the SEC is paying attention to the crypto-equity world, and it’s safe to assume that someone, somewhere is going to get hit with the regulatory hammer. Don’t let it be you.

Yeah, I tend to think it's coming.  Like black friday for online poker players, I expect to wake up one morning and find various crypto sites with sec/fbi seizure notices on them.  It might not go down exactly like that, but someday, push will come to shove, and forces will collide.  If/when it happens it will be interesting to see how it affects the different projects.  It could be that those projects designed with more plausible decentralizability have an upper hand in survival under those environmental conditions.  That kind of legal action by the government might push crypto back more towards its roots.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: