Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:41:12 PM

... if you really wanna go toe-to-toe with the big guy (ETH), the ease of use should be comparable. People these days hate desktop wallets for some reason and the NXT one isn't really the most casual friendly or good looking one. On the other hand, nobody in their right mind runs an Ethereum full node at home either. This is why MEW is the de facto official ETH wallet. If Ardor/Jelurida offered a web wallet like MEW or a highly polished desktop wallet I believe this would help immensely.

Some of your points are already addressed, others are in the roadmap as far as I know.

Anyone can use now https://nxt.jelurida.com as public Nxt wallet without downloading anything. They also have testnet public wallets for Nxt and Ardor, and will make available an Ardor mainnet public wallet after launch.

Also, the Nxt Client can be installed in light mode and no blockchain download will happen. The client will use API and blockchain data from remote public nodes.

But it is true that Nxt/Ardor could use a simplified version of the desktop wallet. I think Nxt has a great wallet, but I'm used to it and I understand newcomers can be overwhelmed by a lot of tools that could be under the "advanced" hood of a simplified wallet.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:54:06 AM

I'm new in the cryptoworld and just heard about Ardor. It seems to be a solid project. If I invest in Ador, should I invest on Nxt also??

no need to get nxt but you can if you want.  it'd gone up nicely since over a year ago, i don't bother with nxt though.

ARDR shall moon nicely one day for sure. Smiley

Thanks for your answer. But the market cap is already too high to expect a huge return.

market cap of Ardor is too low for real
Yes it is. Ardor will be a rival to Ethereum one day. It is better in almost every way and is already gaining child chains. It should blow up next year just as Ethereum did.

mate when you say it is almost better in every way, how do you know that? Ardor has not yet been where Ethereum already is. Problems only occur along the way up to the top.

His hearts in the right place but, only time will tell if he is right.

ETH's success is 90% due to smart contracts and unless Ardor doesn't implement them one way or the other I don't even see it as a competitor.
Ardor is doing the childchains which is basically the same idea. The more chains it adds and grow the more Ardor grows. And now with decent funding they can finally get the word out and advertise better unlike what they did with NXT. 2018 will be a huge year so get ready.

Ardor is another great experiment and I will follow it closely and see how they are managing the network should it really start growing at enormous rates. Will be interesting for sure.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:42:04 AM

But it is true that Nxt/Ardor could use a simplified version of the desktop wallet. I think Nxt has a great wallet, but I'm used to it and I understand newcomers can be overwhelmed by a lot of tools that could be under the "advanced" hood of a simplified wallet.

A more simple interface with an "advanced" button would be a great addition. Maybe this concept can be realized with the "NXT (ARDOR) Desktop" (run-desktop.sh) wallet version, because this one is easier to use for people that don't know what this strange "localhost" thingy is Wink

There were some alternative NXT clients in the past, some I remember had minimalist interfaces (I had tried the ClienNXT wallet and liked it a bit, it was not very "beautiful" but very simple to use). Does anybody know if some of these alternative still exist?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hopperclaim

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:05:52 AM

developers, good luck to your project!
currentlocus

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:20:17 AM

why do you need blockchain for this project?
trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:57:12 PM

Hi there, newb question incoming ;-)

I have a few things about NXT and ARDOR, but would not say that I understand everything. The way I got it is basically that ARDOR tokens "power" the main chains, whereas IGNIS powers the child chains...in the sense that other child chains inherit features from IGNIS. Hope that´s not complete BS, but thats what I understood.

Now, what I don´t really get is: Which token is the better investment? Why should I own ARDOR instead of IGNIS, or the other way around?

Comments appreciated  Smiley
RubenBC

Activity: 394
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:34:05 PM

Last weekly of the month!!

Click and enjoy fellows

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:07:43 AM

Core dev Lior Yaffe Q@A about Ardor: https://medium.com/@lyaffe/ardor-q-a-5390fc2294fa
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:33:39 PM

Hi there, newb question incoming ;-)

I have a few things about NXT and ARDOR, but would not say that I understand everything. The way I got it is basically that ARDOR tokens "power" the main chains, whereas IGNIS powers the child chains...in the sense that other child chains inherit features from IGNIS. Hope that´s not complete BS, but thats what I understood.

Now, what I don´t really get is: Which token is the better investment? Why should I own ARDOR instead of IGNIS, or the other way around?

Comments appreciated  Smiley

Hello, you're not quite right in your interpretation.

The Ardor tokens, ARDR asset id 12422608354438203866 in the Nxt blockchain until the snapshot, "power" the main chain (there's only one main chain) in the new platform. This means they are used to generate blocks and secure the whole Ardor ecosystem. But they are exclusively used for this purpose.

IGNIS is the token for the first child chain under Ardor. Child chains in Ardor, unlike the main chain, can have for starters all the existing features in the Nxt blockchain. Issuing assets, sending messages, voting, trading digital goods, etcetera. So IGNIS has all the features, except for generating blocks, which only ARDR can do. But other than this, IGNIS does not "power" anything. Any other child chain that will be added to Ardor, including other few initial child chains like Janus or Bitswift, can have access to the same Nxt features and other features that will be added to Ardor.

What is particular for IGNIS is that it is the first child chain, hard-coded by developers, so it becomes the initial transactional token for many things inside of the ecosystem, which should give it good usage and volume.

And about investment advice, it is difficult to give. ARDR has in principle more long term potential because it will gather fees from all child chains, but IGNIS will have more usability out of the box. You should make your own investment decisions after reading and understanding the platform.
DogeMajestic

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:09:52 PM

Am very excited about ARDOR,
child chains/blockchain as a service is an excellent good idea that can definitely become popular

Loaded up on ARDR!

Don't accept the scams
elementaryOS

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:49:21 AM

Core dev Lior Yaffe Q@A about Ardor: https://medium.com/@lyaffe/ardor-q-a-5390fc2294fa
Ok thanks, that was helpful.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:18:51 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 12:46:24 PM by dotnetmin

done
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:56:18 PM

It's now!

Last chance to be part of the IGNIS ICO.

https://www.nxter.org/ignis-ico-report-8/

agreetag

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:11:44 PM

how much is soft and hard cap?
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:16:04 PM

It's now!

Calculating the current price, it seems still to be a good decision to invest in JLRIDA/IGNIS tokens.

At the current price of 0.058 USD per NXT, one IGNIS token costs about 0.084 USD (1.45 * 0.058).

Let's compare that now with the situation at the beginning of the ICO. IGNIS tokens were sold for 0.4 NXT. But one NXT was at 0.17 to 0.25 USD! So one IGNIS, if you were _very_ lucky, did cost 0.07 USD, not that much less than now. But if you bought on the top, you paid 0.1 USD per IGNIS - >15% more than now!

At the end, the mega-whale that bought the whole first ICO batch wasn't so smart - at that moment the NXT market cap was at over 200 million USD, so very likely he bought for a higher price than now Wink

@agreetag: 1 billion, hard cap.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

where can I read about bounty?
Nowhere. No bounty here.

OnTheMoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:27:39 PM

It's now!

Calculating the current price, it seems still to be a good decision to invest in JLRIDA/IGNIS tokens.

At the current price of 0.058 USD per NXT, one IGNIS token costs about 0.084 USD (1.45 * 0.058).

Let's compare that now with the situation at the beginning of the ICO. IGNIS tokens were sold for 0.4 NXT. But one NXT was at 0.17 to 0.25 USD! So one IGNIS, if you were _very_ lucky, did cost 0.07 USD, not that much less than now. But if you bought on the top, you paid 0.1 USD per IGNIS - >15% more than now!

At the end, the mega-whale that bought the whole first ICO batch wasn't so smart - at that moment the NXT market cap was at over 200 million USD, so very likely he bought for a higher price than now Wink

Looks good and chance to participate in Ignis ico can give a good profit in the future. But we will see a snapshoot soon, and now there is a choice, buy for NXT or hold NXT for the snapshoot.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
RubenBC

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:33:55 PM

Read the Article - ARDOR Implements Game-Changing Features In New TESTNET RELEASE

Release - Ardor 2.0.4e

Quote from:
This Ardor platform release introduces several important new features. It is for testnet only, and involves a reset of the existing testnet and starting from a new Genesis block.
Major new features:
- - Asset Control
- - Composite Phasing
- - By-Property phasing
- - Asset share increase

+
Modified APIs
New APIs ...

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:10:27 AM

It's now!

Looks good and chance to participate in Ignis ico can give a good profit in the future. But we will see a snapshoot soon, and now there is a choice, buy for NXT or hold NXT for the snapshoot.

A comfortable position for those already holding a lot either way Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
RubenBC

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

Nxt News – November 2017 (I): Never, Never, Never, Never, Never Give Up

Enjoy and share  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: