Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is LISK inspired by Starcraft and World of Warcraft?  (Read 1239 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:42:32 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 11:33:27 AM by From Above

The way LISK is designed both in visuals and in code reminds me of Starcraft and World of Warcraft.

Was LISK heavily inspired by World of Warcraft and Starcraft?

~CfA~

From Above (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:31:05 AM

I would like to know @MaxKordek @CharlesHoskinson @LISKHQ

Is this the final logo and what message do you intend to convey?

Thank u.

~CfA~

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:57:45 AM

The answer to your question is YES.  Everybody knows that the "Lisk developers" couldn't develop a picture out of a Poloroid instant camera.  Lisk is a total scam job just like Crypti, and none of them have an original bone in their body.  Lisk is BAD NEWS!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
SmirkinPepe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:05:01 AM

More like Starcraft m8y
Construct additional pylons
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:29:31 AM

Is this the final logo and what message do you intend to convey?

i was wondering aswell about the logo, do they really want to keep that? seriously?!  Huh
From Above (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:34:56 AM

The answer to your question is YES.  Everybody knows that the "Lisk developers" couldn't develop a picture out of a Poloroid instant camera.  Lisk is a total scam job just like Crypti, and none of them have an original bone in their body.  Lisk is BAD NEWS!

2Kool, how do u know for sure that it really was inspired of World of Warcraft and Starcraft?

If LISK is derived from Crypti, is its ideology derived from Crypti too or is this a new layer that requires careful thought about its essence?

~CfA~

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:52:52 PM

Could you link some screenshots to similar structures on starcraft/warcraft? I'm curious…
sakinaka

Activity: 325

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:37:06 PM

Could you link some screenshots to similar structures on starcraft/warcraft? I'm curious…

Since I do not know that two shitty games, I can't tell, and would be interested too. But that's just a crystal. I don't see any similarity Huh.

S h o p e o   

Decentralized Amazon & ICO hub
       ◢ Thread      Whitepaper      Bounties

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
     ██             ████████████▀
     ████▄         █████████████▀
     ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████
        █████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████▀
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
       JOIN
  ONE WEEK ICO
[
AUGUST
10 - 17th
]
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 10:00:06 PM

Look at bottom right:

Also in the game if you click on the crytal it fractures, I think it is a nice logo/art design.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:28:37 PM

I don't see the resemblance, if anything it looks more like an arrowhead:

raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:55:22 PM

i've always had that feeling too. they probably had the idea playing wow/startcraft
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:23:27 PM

Look at bottom right:

Also in the game if you click on the crytal it fractures, I think it is a nice logo/art design.
hahaha i have never noticed (and i would never expect to) LISk might be linked with WoW/SC !
The symbol actually looks familiar with the obelisk(?) in the right bottom of screen,nice discovery man Cheesy
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:30:41 PM

hahaha i have never noticed (and i would never expect to) LISk might be linked with WoW/SC !

Max and Charles are both young and vibrant.

They know that such theme and gaming in general is the future of the youth in one of various aspects. They wanna contribute to society so they theme it this way to make a bright impression.

~CfA~

yesiam6

Activity: 1036

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:19:09 PM

yes , i'm pretty sure that the logo was inspired by starcraft minerals
and a lot of the zerg race's units names end with -lisk like hydralisk
so the name seems to be inspired by that too

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:24:03 PM

Let's be honest. Most of us in these forums are nerds. It shouldn't be a surprise that we get influenced by PC games
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:12:07 PM

A total rebranding is on the way anyway
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:37:09 PM

The logo for this coin always looked a little cheesy to me, as well as the name. I never get what goes through the heads of the devs when they  pick these coin names.  Mainly, I could never figure out what they hell a Lisk was looking at the logo. Apparently a badly Photoshopped blue space crystal.

The other side of the coin is how do you want people to invest largensums of money into something with such poor advertising (the logo/name?). Seems the opposite way to get VC.
From Above (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:28:27 AM

The logo for this coin always looked a little cheesy to me, as well as the name. I never get what goes through the heads of the devs when they  pick these coin names.  Mainly, I could never figure out what they hell a Lisk was looking at the logo. Apparently a badly Photoshopped blue space crystal.

Could u go into more detail on this plz?

I think the LISK branding is very nifty. It targets the gamers and obviously they have a lot of money especially in China.

~CfA~

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 02:10:24 PM

more like grand THEFT auto  Cool

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:28:50 PM

The logo for this coin always looked a little cheesy to me, as well as the name. I never get what goes through the heads of the devs when they  pick these coin names.  Mainly, I could never figure out what they hell a Lisk was looking at the logo. Apparently a badly Photoshopped blue space crystal.

Could u go into more detail on this plz?

I think the LISK branding is very nifty. It targets the gamers and obviously they have a lot of money especially in China.

~CfA~

I think a discreet icon, and not a texture, would be more appropriate for this brand. This is a financial instrument. Lisk is a 'cool' name, but for the level of investment expected, especially given the popularity of assets like this ATM, I think it is a bit juvenile. What does an art asset from what is arguably the best real time strategy game ever made, have to do with a crypto asset? I only say this because the traditional finance world is watching us from the sidelines, and laughing at us a bit. They are not gamers, they are older men in nice suits. The appeal would be lost on them. VC comes from those that generate value, I think pitching an investment product aimed towards a demographic that doesn't make income is questionable. This isn't an attack, it is a criticism. I have none of these and most likely won't buy any, but I think a better attempt at branding, that is more appealing to a larger demographic, would be a better choice.

And I feel this way about Ethereum's brand (ether is fleeting and unsubstantial, these are not qualities I want associated with my money.) And waves (waves of what? Is the project going to make waves? what is wavy dammit!?)

This would be akin to me making a new, useful coin and calling it dontforgetthemilk coin. Do you see how I just shot myself in the foot regarding people taking my product seriously?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: