Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:32:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Brexit shows why democracy is a bad system  (Read 889 times)
Losvienleg (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:13:11 AM

Well, the Brits voted for the "leave".

False : 51,9% voted for that option. This means that 48,1% shows their wills denied. Is that the dream, the perfection ? A system where there's most of the time half of the population unhappy ?

Democracy is simply two wolves constantly fighting each other, with one taking temporally the lead from a short advance...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 12:47:55 PM

Democracy means that the treasonous 48.1% can clear off and go and live with Richard Branson. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:53:04 PM

Let me guess, we should appoint you our tyrant and keep you supplied with fresh women and GPUs?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:03:40 PM

Let me guess, we should appoint you our tyrant and keep you supplied with fresh women and GPUs?

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:59:35 PM

False : 51,9% voted for that option. This means that 48,1% shows their wills denied. Is that the dream, the perfection ? A system where there's most of the time half of the population unhappy ?

Democracy is simply two wolves constantly fighting each other, with one taking temporally the lead from a short advance...

And what do you propose better?

Democracy means that the treasonous 48.1% can clear off and go and live with Richard Branson. Smiley

The "treasonous" are the youger generations. It means the "treasonous" are the ones who will live with this decision while the good nationalist old fags are going to all die in 20 years simply because they're too old. It's simply the victory of dumb old fags regretting the "good old tim" and that makes me sick...

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:02:34 PM

The "treasonous" are the youger generations. It means the "treasonous" are the ones who will live with this decision while the good nationalist old fags are going to all die in 20 years simply because they're too old. It's simply the victory of dumb old fags regretting the "good old tim" and that makes me sick...

I've been reading a vast amount of forums today.

One anecdote that keeps popping up time and time again is -

Youngperson - I can't fucking believe it's leave. My future's wrecked.

Olderperson - Why didn't you vote then?

Youngperson - Huh? I just assumed it was gonna be remain. Anyway I didn't wanna get wet and was on a COD killstreak.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:04:46 PM

Come on - the old fags are having to go back to work to keep the idle young on benefits.
Are you living in England?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:07:17 PM

Democracy is a parlamentarian system with recognition of minority opinions by the elected representatives of the people.

Direct voting of yes and no - is on the other hand bullshit.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:08:56 PM

This referendum was delivered by an elected parliament. Ergo it is democratic. And the result shows it's even more democratic than anybody actually wanted.
dste123

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:26:49 PM

Is the referendum binding? I read somewhere that it was non-binding so the government can technically ignore the results if they want to...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 02:29:48 PM

That is how the elections work. Brexit beat Bremain by a solid 4% margin. A win is a win, even if the winning margin is 0.1% or 10%. You need to ask why the Brits, who were overwhelmingly in favor of Bremain a few months ago, changed their decision almost overnight. Two main reasons - uncontrolled Arab immigration (encouraged by Merkel) and the prospect of Turkey becoming an EU member.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:27:15 PM

That is how the elections work. Brexit beat Bremain by a solid 4% margin. A win is a win, even if the winning margin is 0.1% or 10%. You need to ask why the Brits, who were overwhelmingly in favor of Bremain a few months ago, changed their decision almost overnight. Two main reasons - uncontrolled Arab immigration (encouraged by Merkel) and the prospect of Turkey becoming an EU member.

I have a feeling they will wake up with this big huge deal of remorse in their faces. So not a very wise choice with this Brexit. They won't get themselves back even if they want to.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:38:52 PM

I have a feeling they will wake up with this big huge deal of remorse in their faces. So not a very wise choice with this Brexit. They won't get themselves back even if they want to.

I think it's likely to be a disaster but pretty fascinating all the same. If you check the faces of those who led the leave campaign this morning they all look slightly shell shocked that it actually happened. I think quite a few who voted for it feel the same way.
Losvienleg (OP)

Activity: 588

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:59:45 PM

Cheesy !

And what do you propose better?

A 75% majority, or at least 60%. Or simply no referendum. My ideal political system is a bit complex to be explained here. That's a kind of order democracy.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:11:25 PM

I've been reading a vast amount of forums today.

One anecdote that keeps popping up time and time again is -

Youngperson - I can't fucking believe it's leave. My future's wrecked.

Olderperson - Why didn't you vote then?

Youngperson - Huh? I just assumed it was gonna be remain. Anyway I didn't wanna get wet and was on a COD killstreak.

So funny. I can't really answer that without absention figures but for current estimation young absention seems really low compared to usual.

And could you even think about why? I'm not English but as far as I know the first reason for young people absention is not that they're on COD... It's mainly because contrary to old fags that never move, they don't live in one city. I couldn't vote for my first election simply because I was not living in the city where my election card was valid. But of course that's not possible to understand for an old fag that never lived anywhere but in his shity old village ><

But glad you feel it's normal to see people aged 65+ to decide for people aged 20+... Long live the  gerontocracy!

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

So funny. I can't really answer that without absention figures but for current estimation young absention seems really low compared to usual.

And could you even think about why?

My little dialogue was silly but seems to be popping up like clockwork.

There've only been three referendums in modern times in the UK (RIP) so comparing turnout figures to elections can't be a direct comparison.

For starters the Glastonbury Festival's been going since Wednesday which removes over 100,000 mainly young folk from the electorate. I seriously doubt most of them were organised enough to sort a postal vote beforehand.

Old folks are always more committed voters. Young folks should've been communicated with more effectively. I think this whole result is purely down to pisspoor communication. The leaves didn't feel they were being listened to. The remains didn't want to listen to them.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:36:19 PM

Brexit is democracy at its best, It was a close call so basically half the people who voted will be disappointed but its still better than having the government you voted in choose for you. As you are probably aware there is never a good party to vote in, Only the least bad.

Its not often the general public get to vote on such important measures so its important not to waste your vote, If the younger generation decided they couldn't be bothered voting for their future then tough shit.

Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:55:59 PM

How The British Media Lied And Tricked Us Into Joining The EU

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/howthebritishmedia.htm

They lied of course, and millions fell for it, if the youngsters wanted to learn something, this is the kind of thing they needed to read.
I fell for this also, this time around we got our sweet revenge.

And its gone.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:53:41 PM

This referendum was delivered by an elected parliament. Ergo it is democratic. And the result shows it's even more democratic than anybody actually wanted.

lol at a Bitcoiner having such faith in """democracy"""

If an issue is split almost 50-50, the only fair option would be a compromise on the issue itself. (Not making any claims that that would have been possible in this case - but 48% of people having zero representation demonstrates how flawed this "democracy" is). And I would say that if Remain had won, too.

Agreed with OP.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:55:09 AM

I think it's likely to be a disaster but pretty fascinating all the same. If you check the faces of those who led the leave campaign this morning they all look slightly shell shocked that it actually happened. I think quite a few who voted for it feel the same way.

They had a choice. The first choice was to become a vassal state of the German fourth Reich, and see their country overrun by immigrants hordes from Turkey and Syria. The second choice was to keep the sovereignty, and to accept only the highly skilled immigrants. The brits chose the latter option, and I congratulate them for making the right choice.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: