Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:15:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC FPGA discussion!  (Read 23594 times)
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

I am very interested in this project, and would love to have a change to buy one, if sold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:31:32 PM

I will give plenty of updates when there is something to report that will not lead to speculation about prices, hashrates, power consumption, how much street cred I have, why smoothie isnt dead after drinking so much sugar, why simran is forever alone etc. I will release info when we have real numbers that can be demonstrated as fact rather than guesstimates. I do appreciate the interest everyone has expressed in the PMs, but I cannot give out info via PM either.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
jasinlee

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:32:19 PM

I C U jasinlee, trollin the ltc network

Lol if only. This project would have been done already if that was the case.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:44:25 PM

Sweet keep this updated. I want to know when so I can  move onto the next thing and dump all this sheot to the greater fools.

4-6 weeks.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
meebs

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:04:53 AM

Still trying to squeeze a demo unit out of me huh? Just to be clear we are not done yet, but we are nearing completion. I am not giving out a bunch of details for now, partly due to competition and partly due to my knowledge of how the technical aspects being limited.

I think you meant to say... "we are working on this.. but we are the opposite of BFL.. so all we can say is we are working on it. We dont want your coins yet and we wont guestimate a ship date".

Good work though! I honestly feel good cheap mining solutions will be a key to keeping a currency viable long term.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jasinlee

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:27:45 AM

Agreed, and I may poke fun, but I don't feel like a flame war with any PR reps from other companies so I will try to keep my sarcasm under control.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:31:01 AM

I like the way this is happening, cant wait to see a finished product.

samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:34:30 AM

...speculation about prices, hashrates, power consumption, how much street cred I have, why smoothie isnt dead after drinking so much sugar, why simran is forever alone etc...

oh dang, DEEP into the btce trollbox!

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:49:25 AM

So, I was like aww missed bitcoin jump.  Remember wanting to buy at $8 and when it went to $15 I was like so expensive.  And then last time I checked it was $25 and now its $50.  Have like 0.2 bitcoin.

But, I do have 25 litecoin that I mined and that has increased in value Cheesy.

Anyways I'm really interested in FPGA but was wondering what's the price range going to be.
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:57:01 AM

"why smoothie isnt dead after drinking so much sugar, why simran is forever alone etc."

Cheesy

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:45:59 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 03:05:33 PM by wizzardTim

I will give plenty of updates when there is something to report that will not lead to speculation about prices, hashrates, power consumption, how much street cred I have, why smoothie isnt dead after drinking so much sugar, why simran is forever alone etc. I will release info when we have real numbers that can be demonstrated as fact rather than guesstimates. I do appreciate the interest everyone has expressed in the PMs, but I cannot give out info via PM either.

Thank you jasinlee for the great news and for the effort it took creating the world's first FPGA LTC board!! Please count me in for any update, not only regarding the real numbers that can be estimated, but for purchasing some also.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
SyRenity

Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:00:52 PM

Would love joining this project to even out the mining field (vs. Avalon latest pricing scheme...).
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:24:25 PM

I could see this selling very well if it's more power efficient than GPUs and also reasonably priced in comparison to GPU with a similar hashrate. Looking up for this!
jasinlee

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

We have a lot of interest in the project so far, just taking it one day at a time. When we have more info we will announce it, the first batch will likely be small, but that is still a while away.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 04:32:14 PM

I am curious what are you up to? Make a memory controller into the FPGA and pack a bunch of DRAM chips onto the board?
jasinlee

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:16:12 PM

I am curious what are you up to? Make a memory controller into the FPGA and pack a bunch of DRAM chips onto the board?

Wouldn't you like to know!

SyRenity

Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:36:20 PM

We have a lot of interest in the project so far, just taking it one day at a time. When we have more info we will announce it, the first batch will likely be small, but that is still a while away.

Do consider giving early adopters a fair chance to get the unit, rather than turning it into Black Friday sale ala Avalon.

By the way, asking today on BTC-E regarding LTC FPGA miner, I got an answer that such miner could not be powerful enough for the mining algorithm, what do you say?
jasinlee

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 05:44:49 PM

I say, there are lots of "internet engineers" and they do not always know what they are talking about. They are assuming we are doing things the way they would do it....assuming they have any idea what they are talking about in the first place.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Do consider giving early adopters a fair chance to get the unit, rather than turning it into Black Friday sale ala Avalon.

By the way, asking today on BTC-E regarding LTC FPGA miner, I got an answer that such miner could not be powerful enough for the mining algorithm, what do you say?

That is absolutely BS. May be they meant no FPGA currently on the market will be efficient - this is completely different from the blanket statement. FPGA is a generic model (slower simulation) for any ASIC, and anything that an ASIC can do, can be done through FPGA.

I am not pulling this out of thin air. I am in EDA industry for past 15 years, and have been dealing with all big shots in ASIC/FPGA customers.

I am very very excited about this project as well, and of course, concur you statement about early adopter - and request the same to jasinlee.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:10:53 PM

The title of this post is going to be very ironic in coming months.

I predict most the benefits of fgpas will simply be lower power consumption per coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: