Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:19:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spain calls for co-sovereignty on Gibraltar  (Read 1748 times)
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:34:35 AM

How can they claim co-sovereignty when they are a lapdog state of the EU?

Why wouldn't they do that? Gibraltar is nothing but a mere English colony. And now that England is no longer in EU Spain is stronger.

Pax Americana.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:47:01 AM

Why wouldn't they do that? Gibraltar is nothing but a mere English colony. And now that England is no longer in EU Spain is stronger.

Pax Americana.

America can't say anything at what's happening in EU. France has 7 nuclear submarines with 150 nukes on them. It makes it impossible for USA to interfere in European business in a military way.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:50:00 AM

Can't anyone understand that any agression towards Spain wouldn't result in a Spain - UK conflict but in a EU - UK conflict. And EU has nuclear power and doesn't need USA agreements to use it.

You are always implying that the UK would be the aggressor here when Spain is trying to steal land. Gibraltor has been under British rule for a long time and have actively warned off Spanish attempts to interfere. The Spanish are in no position to talk - they refuse to cede territory back to Morocco which defies their "territorial integrity" angle that they are so fond of using. Spain vs UK, EU vs UK.. makes no difference to the British but it's never going to happen. If you really think France is going to start dropping nuclear bombs on the UK, you are delusional.

No difference to the British? Damn I thought British had better military advisor than that xD

I never said France is going to drop nukes on UK. I just said UK couldn't drop nukes on Spain BECAUSE France would answer by using nuclear forces too. That's all I said, I'm not dumb enough to suggest nuclear war first.

Masha Sha

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:07:35 AM

Pax Americana.

America can't say anything at what's happening in EU. France has 7 nuclear submarines with 150 nukes on them. It makes it impossible for USA to interfere in European business in a military way.

It's very saddening to read you. Are you a member of the French sovereignist? What I was trying to say to you is that all those Europeans are living in peace because of Pax Americana and that is what is keeping in check this latent dangerous force still present in Europe.

Let people be. Let people live. Let people love.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1181

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:13:28 AM

No difference to the British? Damn I thought British had better military advisor than that xD

The point being made, which is obviously too much for your brain to handle, is that it doesn't matter whether you fight one person or a hundred, if what you are fighting for is what is right. There is never going to be a fight so all this talk is meaningless.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:35:01 AM

Are british people democrats?
A 96% majority in Gibraltar to remain in the EU isn't something which can be ignored. I can't think of a similar majority in any other election or referendum. Spain wants to make it like Andorra, but I guess Gibraltar should become independent.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Masha Sha

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:40:55 AM

Most of the European states and people are on monetary life support and still are fomenting and dream of making their failed states bigger failure... It's beyond me.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:03:52 PM

The point being made, which is obviously too much for your brain to handle, is that it doesn't matter whether you fight one person or a hundred, if what you are fighting for is what is right. There is never going to be a fight so all this talk is meaningless.

The point being made which you all seem to ignore is that I'm not the one suggesting the use of nukes and the start of a war but merely explaining such conflict wouldn't be an easy fight for UK and that UK would certainly lose ><

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:05:16 PM

A 96% majority in Gibraltar to remain in the EU isn't something which can be ignored. I can't think of a similar majority in any other election or referendum. Spain wants to make it like Andorra, but I guess Gibraltar should become independent.

Thank you for being the first intelligent comment here. Of course a middle arrangement like Gibraltar becoming independant seems like a much better solution than the nuclear war the old-thattcher-lover is asking for.

zenitzz

Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:10:50 PM

How about this? Britain will cede Gibraltar when Spain ceded control of the Catalans. looks that sounds fair, so this will be the beginning of world war III.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 04:56:48 PM

An independent Gibraltar? It is not going to happen. Gibraltar is a small rock, and the population and surface area is not large anough to exist as a sovereign nation. And now they have two choices. Either to remain as a part of the United Kingdom, or to merge with Spain. Now, why the hell on earth they would merge with Spain? Especially when Spain is inching closer to an economic meltdown?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:10:27 PM

An independent Gibraltar? It is not going to happen. Gibraltar is a small rock, and the population and surface area is not large anough to exist as a sovereign nation. And now they have two choices. Either to remain as a part of the United Kingdom, or to merge with Spain. Now, why the hell on earth they would merge with Spain? Especially when Spain is inching closer to an economic meltdown?

To stay in the EU and keep the flow of exchanges that is their only source of revenue maybe?

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 05:37:26 PM

Breaking news - Spain demands suffrage for the Gibraltar apes.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 06:38:21 PM

To stay in the EU and keep the flow of exchanges that is their only source of revenue maybe?

You make it sound like the hapless residents are utterly dependent on free EU money subsidies, with no other way to avoid starvation.   Roll Eyes

Sources of revenue = retired/vacationing Brits that like being somewhere warm and sunny, banking, shipping, gambling, etc.

Do you actually know anything about Gibraltar?  I ask because there is a whiff of Space Ghost "I just heard about this, and I'm here to fix it!" in all this.

The Peace of Utrecht will not be broken over some Brexit butthurt.

This is you, basically:

"ZOMG U GUIZ I JUST HERD CATALONIA IS RIGHTFULLY THE PROPERTAY OF FRANCE QUICK WE MUST CORRECT THE UNDEMOCRATIC INJUSTICE OF THE TREATY OF CORBIAL UPVOTE IF YOU AGREEE!!11!"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:57:40 PM

You make it sound like the hapless residents are utterly dependent on free EU money subsidies, with no other way to avoid starvation.   Roll Eyes

Sources of revenue = retired/vacationing Brits that like being somewhere warm and sunny, banking, shipping, gambling, etc.

Do you actually know anything about Gibraltar?  I ask because there is a whiff of Space Ghost "I just heard about this, and I'm here to fix it!" in all this.

This is you, basically:

"ZOMG U GUIZ I JUST HERD CATALONIA IS RIGHTFULLY THE PROPERTAY OF FRANCE QUICK WE MUST CORRECT THE UNDEMOCRATIC INJUSTICE OF THE TREATY OF CORBIAL UPVOTE IF YOU AGREEE!!11!"

Gibraltar is in a better financial shape than the FUK. They could live free and prosper like Monaco, but it badly needs Spain. I don't think there are many poor people in Gibraltar, but many are crossing the border everyday for their shopping.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 11:02:25 PM

I assume that FUK means "free united kingdom" after Brexit.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:06:43 PM

No, it means Formerly United Kingdom. When Scotland ad Ireland will be gone, it will be down as the K. Or maybe the kingdom of england. No cap needed.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2016, 11:33:03 PM

You make it sound like the hapless residents are utterly dependent on free EU money subsidies, with no other way to avoid starvation.   Roll Eyes

Do you actually know anything about Gibraltar?  I ask because there is a whiff of Space Ghost "I just heard about this, and I'm here to fix it!" in all this.

This is you, basically:

Gibraltar is in a better financial shape than the FUK. They could live free and prosper like Monaco, but it badly needs Spain. I don't think there are many poor people in Gibraltar, but many are crossing the border everyday for their shopping.

Your logical error is comparing the giant UK apple to the tiny Gibraltar orange.  There are legitimately comparable little places in the UK that make Gibraltar look like Somalia, but More Is Different.

It's like when people whine about the USA not adopting policies that work in tiny Scandinavian locales.

"But muh Policy X worked in ICELAND, when not here too?"   Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I actually like what Iceland did to the banksters and their .gov enablers!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:46:43 AM

No, it means Formerly United Kingdom. When Scotland ad Ireland will be gone, it will be down as the K. Or maybe the kingdom of england. No cap needed.

Scotland will be gone... but Northern Ireland and Wales will remain as a part of the United Kingdom. The Catholics still don't have the majority in Ulster, and until they are able to achieve that, NI will remain in the UK, along with Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Isle of Man, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, and countless other dependencies.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: