Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Zeusminer ThunderX3 Scrypt ASIC mining ?  (Read 2878 times)
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:03:35 PM

Hey all I recently purchased a 2nd hand Zeusminer ThunderX3 Scrypt ASIC.

I have read all the setup guides and forum information regarding it and am stuck...

It starts but does the whole nounce2 thing and shows stats every 5 seconds with hashrate that slowly goes down and no accepted, rejected, WU or even HW errors... Huh

I have been trying with cgminer too btw.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction to get this thing working properly ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:12:09 PM

Hey all I recently purchased a 2nd hand Zeusminer ThunderX3 Scrypt ASIC.

I have read all the setup guides and forum information regarding it and am stuck...

It starts but does the whole nounce2 thing and shows stats every 5 seconds with hashrate that slowly goes down and no accepted, rejected, WU or even HW errors... Huh

I have been trying with cgminer too btw.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction to get this thing working properly ?

Running it on a RPI, windows or linux? Do you have the chip count and freq correct in the .bat file?
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:20:28 PM

I am using windows 7, used a generic config and changed pool and user + played around with clock speed and freq but it still just done the same thing.

I tried starting the miner manually and through a .bat file with the config but both give the same results.

When I first pluged it in it would make a weird sound upon connection to usb port compared to the normal noise, anyway to see it I had to install the zadig usb drivers.

I'm at work atm but will try again in a few hours time when I'm home, I will also take screenshots to help explain the problem a bit better.
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:49:24 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 10:26:55 AM by Nthused

This is my config file I have been trying that I paste into cgminer (Designed for Thunder X3 Miner by Zeus)

-o stratum+tcp://drs.suprnova.cc:4865 -u Nthused.1 -p x -S //./COM1 --chips-count 128 --ltc-clk 328 --ltc-debug --nocheck-golden

It starts up like any other algorithm mining but does weird stuff with no shares or anything not even registering hash on pools.

|
|
|
|
V

cgminer
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 10:28:48 AM

Here is the config file used to run on bfgminer v5.3

--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://drs.suprnova.cc:4865 -u Nthused.1 -p x --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1 --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:freq=328 -d zus -S zus:\\.\COM1

Same thing but stable hashes and no accepts, rejects, wu or HW at all.

|
|
|
|
V

bfgminer
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:15:55 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 02:47:47 PM by toptek

Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -S all -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u user -p pass -S zeusminer:\\.\COMx --set zeusminer:clock=328 --set zeusminer:chips=128 --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1
bfgminer  --scrypt -S all -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u user -p pass --set zeusminer:clock=328 --set zeusminer:chips=128
bfgminer  --scrypt -S all -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u user -p pass --set zeusminer:clock=328 --set zeusminer:chips=128 --set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1

Make Sure  this is -S all is after --scrypt,

if that doesn't work you may need to open it up and check the dip switches .

https://zeusminer.com/forums/topic/thunder-x3-running-at-15mhs/

The Board with the USB cable going into it, Yes all switches off to give it device 0
Now the next board it plugs in too I set DIP #1 on and the rest off give it device 1
Now the next board it plugs in too I set DIP #2 on and the rest off give it device 2
Now the last board has to be set with DIP #3 and DIP #4 on and the rest off. this gives it the device 3 commmand with a terminate command at the end.

if that doesn't work , check the PSU .

make sure that pool supports that type of script miner. why not use BFG 5.4.1 it handles my cyclone nicely on my pi .

or even try a different pool.

did you try https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596620.0

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:30:49 AM

I tried turning on the miner at the switch then plugged the usb into a port, it installed the drivers this time except for the last one about the UART driver.

I'm also using bfgminer v5.4.1 this time.

I fired it up and left it, it seems to be hashing at the correct rate of 27-30Mhs and is getting shares this time on the pool interface & bgfminer but I want to know if my miner is working correctly with accepted shares/rejects/hw ?

It originally started off with 7m share difficulty then 51m, 91m, 241m then back down to 91m share difficulty for its average, is this & the share difficulty normal ?

Nthused (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:53:39 AM

Well from personal experience with Sha-256 ASIC hardware I would safely say I'm all good now Grin

I have read reviews about the ThunderX3 and they are right that it sounds like an airplane taking off or even a leave blower due to the poor design of the fans Undecided But.... I read that you can replace them Smiley

Time to have a browse at my local PC parts store Tongue
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:22:58 PM

Well from personal experience with Sha-256 ASIC hardware I would safely say I'm all good now Grin

I have read reviews about the ThunderX3 and they are right that it sounds like an airplane taking off or even a leave blower due to the poor design of the fans Undecided But.... I read that you can replace them Smiley

Glad you figured it out

I used a Thunder x6 with a RPI for a while and it was noisy as hell

I would advise checking the power wires to the hashing boards to see how hot they get

I was always worried it would burn up some day

The x3 uses even more power
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:12:05 AM

I rewired all mine right to the PSU no in between plugs which was very stupid, i read a lot stories from others how wires melted at the HB or in between at the y spits or other in between connection, some miners even had 18 g wire which made no sense at all.

when I had them, all i have now is a cyclone, i may sell .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:15:50 AM

mine were replaced you could actually sleep in the same room then . they stayed just as cool etc.

bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:47:31 PM

very interesting good post here thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: