Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:15:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Dead?  (Read 12189 times)
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:56:12 PM

It's pretty easy to figure out who it is if you pay attention to the people who are actively promoting it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:58:14 PM

It's pretty easy to figure out who it is if you pay attention to the people who are actively promoting it.
No it is not! Tell it if You are sure about it and we will laugh!

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
luckyindia

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

What does it mean to say that SATOSHI is dead....Huh?  Death is for physical animate tangible things.....but SATOSHI NAKAMOTO  refers to a system of perfection,  for the  common good of mankind....He is very much alive......All members of this forum  must learn to respect the founders and senior members of this Forum
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:37:53 AM

Im not going to link to the article because this post may be removed if I link to it...

Removed by whom?  The Illuminati?

Why hasn't Phinnaeus Gage had his post removed then:  a post that's been floating around for a year?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67840.0;all

Conspiracy much?

Yeah, Xavier... put up or shut up!

LOL. If I remember correctly, the last thing satoshi wanted was people promoting Bitcoin the way they are doing.
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:43:59 AM

The identity of Satoshi is no secret (a simply Google search and some reading will reveal the persons who are Satoshi - it has already been uncovered by a journalist) - and it is not just a single person.
It is pure speculation. There are many white spots in that story and few things does not glue together.

Pls can u expand on the "white spots"

I was bored earlier and spend more time researching the article. AFAIK everything seems to fit.

RE: BTC Books, Psy

Im only speculating . Obviously Satoshi chose to remain anonymous so for this reason he is unlikely to come forward and admit who 'he' is. I dont know who Satoshi is , the information I have seen is just whats publicly on the web. However having analysed the information , my conclusion is that the highest probability is that Satoshi is more than 1 person, he is the 3 people/

My contribution to this post was just the analysis that i have personally done. As I said if u wanted to get a real confirmation, probably u should ask someone from the early community - Theymos, Gavin or even knightmb. HOwever i think its important to consider who Satoshi actually is hence support for the OPs concern.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:50:59 AM

Pls can u expand on the "white spots"

I was bored earlier and spend more time researching the article. AFAIK everything seems to fit.
The initial coins. If Satoshi is multiple people, how all these people agree to dont move initial coins, all agree not to reveal the truth about Satoshi, how they manage the Satoshi GPG key. Such consistency for multiple people in not in human nature.

For this theory speaks the initial dialect used by Satoshi to be changed soon afterwards. This might be proof for one human creating initial Satoshi posts and be later replaced with another.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:05:35 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2013, 02:18:56 AM by MoonShadow

Im only speculating . Obviously Satoshi chose to remain anonymous so for this reason he is unlikely to come forward and admit who 'he' is. I dont know who Satoshi is , the information I have seen is just whats publicly on the web. However having analysed the information , my conclusion is that the highest probability is that Satoshi is more than 1 person, he is the 3 people/

This is the same kind of speculation that the Good Wife episode engaged in.  It's not without merit, for a small & socially tight group can keep such a character secret.  And as for the argument that Satoshi's posting style doesn't really change (the earlier use of British terminology could have been intentional misdirection, but his/her writing style doesn't really change, imho) the trio could simply have appointed one of their own to be the point man for online communication via the character.  Truth be told, a small workgroup has been suspected from very early on, even before he vanished from the forum and the Internet, because of the breadth of professional grade knowledge necessary to make Bitcoin what it was from the early stages.  One player as the semi-trained programmer (perhaps a computer science college major or graduate with very little production experience?), another player with the economics background and a third with the mathmatics background.  It's both possible and probable that, under such a condition, all three (more?) characters remain on this forum in their less anonymous personnas.  There could be more than three major players, but only three distinct disciplines are required.  That's not to say that one person couldn't self-educate in one or all of these disciplines, but any such person would be a polymath.  Occum's Razor implies that there are three people involved, and only three people, in order to accomplish this feat and keep it quiet.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
maaku
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:14:13 AM

More likely - and this is coming from someone involved in the creation of an honest alt-chain - he didn't trust himself with the coins. In my case we locked the Freicoin Foundation keys in a safe deposit box, and legally transferred ownership to the non-profit. When those freicoins become worth $50MM, I wouldn't trust myself with the keys! And now I don't have to - if I did embezzle them I'd be held responsible (perhaps criminally) for doing so.

Satoshi didn't want to de-anonymize himself, and if he's human and honest (and not crazy wealthy to begin with) he wouldn't have trusted himself to not spend those coins. So in all likelihood he either (A) set the wallets to destroy automatically, or (B) put them in some sort of tamper-proof time capsule, gave them to his lawyer with strict instructions, or something similar.

At least that's my guess.

I'm an independent developer working on bitcoin-core, making my living off community donations.
If you like my work, please consider donating yourself: 13snZ4ZyCzaL7358SmgvHGC9AxskqumNxP
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:25:58 AM

The math and programmer can be single person who are good at computer cryptography. Also I suspect that the programmer at some point have taken look at bots. The way early Bitcoin versions bootstraps and finds peers using IRC is very similar to how older bots connect to each other and C&C channel. Bitcoin at some point accidentally triggered botnet detection on some monitored connections. Search forum for this.

So it is down to two people. Computer cryptographer with some hacking background and economist. But even these two can be united into single person. Economics are not so difficult to understand, many can master them if they abandon all ideological indoctrinations about economics. They all come down to simple mathematics mixed with universal greed and stupidity. So majority with good mathematical and logical thinking can also predict the economical principles of Bitcoin.

The values of coin distribution and block times really are right on spot, the values chosen might be pure luck or really good planning.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:31:59 AM

More likely - and this is coming from someone involved in the creation of an honest alt-chain - he didn't trust himself with the coins. In my case we locked the Freicoin Foundation keys in a safe deposit box, and legally transferred ownership to the non-profit. When those freicoins become worth $50MM, I wouldn't trust myself with the keys! And now I don't have to - if I did embezzle them I'd be held responsible (perhaps criminally) for doing so.

Satoshi didn't want to de-anonymize himself, and if he's human and honest (and not crazy wealthy to begin with) he wouldn't have trusted himself to not spend those coins. So in all likelihood he either (A) set the wallets to destroy automatically, or (B) put them in some sort of tamper-proof time capsule, gave them to his lawyer with strict instructions, or something similar.

At least that's my guess.
This is nonsense. If Satoshi could not trust himself these keys, he should send the associated coins to me. Why he should not have them? He might go around snorting coke and killing everyone just because he become richest person on earth by creating the next best thing after internet?

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:47:59 AM

Satoshi is immortal.  Grin
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:19:52 AM

Satoshi is immortal.  Grin

It's no coincidence that Dread Pirate Roberts runs The Silk Road.
DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:46:24 AM

What if the Pentagon took Satoshi.
or he's dead.
or not.
maybe he's me..... or anyone of
you for that matter xD

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:53:58 AM

Fuck it. I give up. You guys got me. I'm Satoshi Nakamoto Embarrassed
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 03:55:54 AM

Great, now I'm pretty safe knowing they will be all watching you  Cool

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:01:12 AM

Great, now I'm pretty safe knowing they will be all watching you  Cool

PT to SP is a flea jump... You're not as safe as you might think... Wink
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 04:05:16 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2013, 04:23:44 AM by paraipan

Great, now I'm pretty safe knowing they will be all watching you  Cool

PT to SP is a flea jump... You're not as safe as you might think... Wink

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:10:24 AM

If I recall correctly, I joined the forums when about 2 million BTC had been mined and Satoshi had already vanished from public life before then.  Yes, it's possible that he's continued to acquire BTC at every opportunity but it's also possible that he gave away a substantial amount when they were worth nothing, as did other early adopters, and/or sold some of his BTC.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 04:38:51 AM

The math and programmer can be single person who are good at computer cryptography. Also I suspect that the programmer at some point have taken look at bots. The way early Bitcoin versions bootstraps and finds peers using IRC is very similar to how older bots connect to each other and C&C channel. Bitcoin at some point accidentally triggered botnet detection on some monitored connections. Search forum for this.

I don't disagree with this position at all, but...

So it is down to two people. Computer cryptographer with some hacking background and economist. But even these two can be united into single person. Economics are not so difficult to understand, many can master them if they abandon all ideological indoctrinations about economics. They all come down to simple mathematics mixed with universal greed and stupidity. So majority with good mathematical and logical thinking can also predict the economical principles of Bitcoin.
While economics isn't a particularly difficult subject when taken from the right tack, there is much more going on here.  Unless it's just a huge matter of luck, Satoshi wasn't just some armchair economist who has read Hayak.  He was a true Praxeologist, and that also implies some degree of understanding regarding common psychology.  Which is something that neither the common economist, nor the common cryptologist (with or without a talent for self-taught computer programming) is likely to be able to grasp.  The social & psychological aspects of Praxeology tend to require a completely different learning style/personality type/Myers-Briggs type than those of the analytical reasoning that computer programming & mathmatics demand.  There is exactly one Myers-Briggs type that can manage both perspectives in the same mind without significant cognative dissonance; and that type is both the least common (by far) of any type and the least likely to be a self-motivated individual.  Said another way, a polymath (as rare as they are) is unlikely to also be an innovator.  I concede in advance that it's possible that Satoshi was, in fact, a self-motivated polymath.  I'm just stating that Occum's Razor implies that such a possibility is not the most likely reality.  The need to have 1) the feeler (a psycologist), 2) the analyst (cryptographicly trained coder) and the 3) visionary (the innovator) still implies at least two people and still probably three; thus a triumvirate.

The values of coin distribution and block times really are right on spot, the values chosen might be pure luck or really good planning.

Agreed.  Again, much of it could have been pure luck, and thus only one kind of mind would have been necessary (the visionary).  Still, I don't really believe in luck for the vast majority of human progress.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:16:21 AM

Sign this statement with any of Satoshi's private keys and we can lock this topic.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: