Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex bot program for lending section [#### new Release 1.6 version ####]  (Read 7322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dbnpoizned

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:37:52 PM

Cool Cool thx so much cesmak,

i started playing with your bot, and has been great fun for a pleb like me (non-techie) to get it up and runnung, and appreciate the hard work...  Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anders lokka

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:52:01 PM

Congratulations for helping community

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Thank you for your appreciation dbnpoizned and anders.

For every issue write here and i will answer asap.

Cheers

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 08:24:42 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 02:08:34 PM by cesmak

A quick question to all users of my program. (Feedbacks appreciated...)

I've noticed that with the new logic of the weighted average to calculate the best rate to offer a new loan order, if the coin is in a situation of stagnation, low rates on orders, become harder that an order put on book will pick up in a small timeframe, (i saw it for example with doge, that at the moment (last week or more) has small movements), so i'm thinking of a small mod in the program to act in another way, this is the proposal :

Add a new input field to ask the minimum low rate where to change the bot behavior, and let the program act in the old way (use the lowest rate as base to set the new loan offer).

So, for example if i put 0.0050% as the input threshold, if the existent order book has rates under that value, the program stop using weighted average, and put a new order to the lowest rate minus 0.0001 as in the old version of the program.

Rate threshold modifiable by user, to set what you think is the best rate to use....

What do you think ?

Cheers

dbnpoizned

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:24:50 AM

Thx cesmak, well I am still a n00b on poloniex and not an IT guy but with a bit of playing I got the system up and running, now the bot is lending xmr and eth for me great. I've even moved some btc to let's the bot work with  Cool Cool

Regarding the changes I haven't had that problem yet, but sounds like a useful update. Smiley
Yohoy

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:28:46 AM

Hey cesmak,

Your program seems to work wonderfully, thanks a lot for your effort ! I sent a small tip your way, your're awesome for sharing this bot Smiley
I'm a bit of a graphic designer and I'd kinda like to design an UI for your program, as a small project. I have basically no knowledge in python nor in designing a GUI for a python program, so that would be a (fun) learning project for me !
Would that be okay for you ? Would I need something else than what's in the .zip you provided, or can I just start fiddling with it and see what happens ?

Thanks again for your work !
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:41:08 AM

Hey cesmak,

Your program seems to work wonderfully, thanks a lot for your effort ! I sent a small tip your way, your're awesome for sharing this bot Smiley
I'm a bit of graphic designer and I'd kinda like to design an UI for your program, as a small project. I have basically no knowledge in python nor in designing a GUI for a python program, so that would be a (fun) learning project for me !
Would that be okay for you ? Would I need something else than what's in the .zip you provided, or can I just start fiddling with it and see what happens ?

Thank you For your appreciation and tip Yohoy, designing a new UI using another tool for python, probably means that the code to manage it, need to be rewritten, as i said before, i'm working on this program on my free time outside my job, cutting time from family, and home, at the moment i have a couple of others idea to improve the program, the release of the 1.4 version is near, probably some days, and this will lead new important features, but the new improvements, takes time, so at the moment, sorry, but i don't want to change the UI, as his simplicity, also if is not fresh, is a good point for users, but thank you for your interest, if, and when i will improve that side of the program, i will contact you for a collaboration.

Thanks.
Cheers

Yohoy

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 10:09:18 AM

Hey cesmak,

I'm a bit of graphic designer and I'd kinda like to design an UI for your program, as a small project. I have basically no knowledge in python nor in designing a GUI for a python program, so that would be a (fun) learning project for me !

Thank you For your appreciation and tip Yohoy, designing a new UI using another tool for python, probably means that the code to manage it, need to be rewritten, as i said before, i'm working on this program on my free time outside my job, cutting time from family, and home, at the moment i have a couple of others idea to improve the program, the release of the 1.4 version is near, probably some days, and this will lead new important features, but the new improvements, takes time, so at the moment, sorry, but i don't want to change the UI, as his simplicity, also if is not fresh, is a good point for users, but thank you for your interest, if, and when i will improve that side of the program, i will contact you for a collaboration.

Thanks.
Cheers

No problem, I totally understand your point !
Looking forward to the next releases Smiley
mantas779

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:46:46 PM

THX , another user added  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I love Python , look how much CPU the program uses :  not even 1%   on my Intel I5 Grin
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:34:13 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 07:54:34 PM by cesmak

Recently I've been having the script stop working with the following error displayed in the console, as well as in the log:
PoloniexApiError: Rate must be at least 0.0001%.
It doesn't say for which coin the error is happening, and whenever this error happens, it seems to bring the bot down, as it stops lending. And this seems new, as I haven't changed any settings - any idea wassup?

For what i can see, the bot tried to put a new order with a rate below 0.0001%, do you changed the field "Min rate" to put a value below that 0.0001%, if yes put it again above or equal to that value to avoid this problem. I don't put any checking validation on input fields, so users need to care to not go under the various limits poloniex set up.

Cheers

Edit : don't go under 0.0002% in field "Min rate" because, also if i apply for the min rate after applying that value, the program always subtract 0.0001, so min rate must be minimum 0.0002 to work.
Re-edit... 0.0001 is possible to be used.... i recheck after the subtraction if the rate goes under the min. rate and reapply the min. rate. so 0.0001 is fine.

I will put a check in a new release, not the next, as 1.4 is finished and under testing...

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:16:45 AM

Recently I've been having the script stop working with the following error displayed in the console, as well as in the log:
PoloniexApiError: Rate must be at least 0.0001%.
It doesn't say for which coin the error is happening, and whenever this error happens, it seems to bring the bot down, as it stops lending. And this seems new, as I haven't changed any settings - any idea wassup?

For what i can see, the bot tried to put a new order with a rate below 0.0001%, do you changed the field "Min rate" to put a value below that 0.0001%, if yes put it again above or equal to that value to avoid this problem. I don't put any checking validation on input fields, so users need to care to not go under the various limits poloniex set up.

Cheers

Edit : don't go under 0.0002% in field "Min rate" because, also if i apply for the min rate after applying that value, the program always subtract 0.0001, so min rate must be minimum 0.0002 to work.
Re-edit... 0.0001 is possible to be used.... i recheck after the subtraction if the rate goes under the min. rate and reapply the min. rate. so 0.0001 is fine.

I will put a check in a new release, not the next, as 1.4 is finished and under testing...

Great, thank you!  I did have it set lower than 0.0001, but then I changed it to exactly that: 0.0001, but still come across the error from time to time.  A restart usually clears it up.

Ok, i will investigate more, can you tell me what are the coins you are managing with the program ?

TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:28:59 AM

It is nice updating, it will make comfort for traders who used fiture while trading on poloniex. Unfortunately i don't use fiture of margin trading because it is clash with my way of trading.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:35:23 AM

It is nice updating, it will make comfort for traders who used fiture while trading on poloniex. Unfortunately i don't use fiture of margin trading because it is clash with my way of trading.

TraderETH, sorry but i don't understand exactly what you mean with your statement, my program is only made to create loan orders automatically for the "LENDING" section of poloniex, nothing more....
don't apply to the margin trading part or exchange trading part of the site.

TraderETH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:30:23 PM

TraderETH, sorry but i don't understand exactly what you mean with your statement, my program is only made to create loan orders automatically for the "LENDING" section of poloniex, nothing more....
I mean i don't make lending section of poloniex, but it is nice informations and i am sorry about our miscommunication. I hope it is clear to explaining about my statement.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:34:55 PM

I mean i don't make lending section of poloniex, but it is nice informations and i am sorry about our miscommunication. I hope it is clear to explaining about my statement.

Ok. thank you for your further explanation. Smiley

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:57:16 AM

New important release..... 1.4 is on line, new features and a brand new pdf user guide.

Enjoy !  Cheesy

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 03:59:46 PM

I made a mistake in the setting up of the zip file, if someone downloaded the new 1.4 version before now (18:00 european time, 16:00 UTC) download it again, link updated with the correct zip version, now the program works, with the previous version before now, at launch the program give an error for a missing file, and closes.

mantas779

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:02:25 PM

If have one suggestion if possible, to max the income from lending.

A extra setting for higher lending rates for longer time. (days)
When the rates are higher you want to lend it longer, and when it is lower a shorter time.

Aldo most times , you get the money back earlier.  but if the possibility would be there , for example

BTC 0.0555   max days 2        setting loan duration 2 days with min rate 0.0555
BTC 0.0666   max days 4         when rates come above 0.0666   i want to lend it out above 0.0666
BTC 0.0750   max days 10        enz
BTC 0.1000   max days 25
BTC 0.1500   max days 60       

I saw some crazy rates pass by, then i want to lend it out as long as possible.

Are there more users would like ti see this in upcoming releases?

Is it possible to program Cesmak?

superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 07:09:50 PM

I really like the idea of being able to establish rates that you will lend out for longer days.

My other suggestion is just a minor display, it would be nice if beside the rate there was a column that displayed what the annual percentage was after fees.  Also if it could show what all my micro loans outstanding have my portfolio returning as a whole.  Again display this as a daily and annually (after fees)

It would be nice to see that I have 10 BTC currently lent out, earning 13.5% per year.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
mantas779

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 08:16:58 PM

I really like the idea of being able to establish rates that you will lend out for longer days.

My other suggestion is just a minor display, it would be nice if beside the rate there was a column that displayed what the annual percentage was after fees.  Also if it could show what all my micro loans outstanding have my portfolio returning as a whole.  Again display this as a daily and annually (after fees)

It would be nice to see that I have 10 BTC currently lent out, earning 13.5% per year.

Currently ( snapshot)  the rate is 0.0744 %   daily * 365 days  = 27.1 % yearly  ?      13.5%  is very low i am not offer that, min, set on 0.0600 %
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: