Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:50:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?  (Read 4784 times)
wind_northER

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:00:17 AM

The assumption is bot valid only when the cost of mining is bigger than the benefit of mining. However, I do not think that will happened.
Mrconnect

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:09:28 AM

I don't think there will ever be a time when miners will stop mining cryptocurrencies. Miners get incentivized for mining cryptocurrencies and validating transactions so they won't stop. Plus, there is a whole lot of Bitcoins to be mined yet which will take a lot of time to do. As for your proposed investment, you can go ahead and invest in the Bitcoin. It will be the wisest and safest decision you ever made if you can hold your investment for the long term.
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:15 AM

Well if they will stop mining bitcoin then we will start to mine on it. This is a very good business then why one should stop mining bitcoin? As we all know that bitcoin mining is one of the most formidable form of business here in cryptocurrency that after acquiring expensive mining equipment one could earn BTC relatively with good proportion on bitcoin being mine. I wish i could get a good mining equipment in the near future.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:48:40 AM

if miners stop mining in bitcoin, bitcoin will experience a change in the crypto market the average transaction in the market will experience a shortage. and this will show the impact on prices, automatically prices start to crawl up. but miners cannot do this because miners also want to make money on bitcoin.
Without mining, there can be a good chance to increase the price of bitcoin and become more expensive because of limited supply for bitcoin. Many can find ways to invest more and start working with all effort to earn without any amount to put on it. Miners cannot stop to mine but the equipment to used for it can make more expensive to lessen the number of miners.

Paigewatkins

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:05:04 AM

Low bitcoin prices make small miners lose money and face the risk of owning or selling themselves. The use of computer staging for continuous cashing can reduce the life expectancy as well as the sudden death of the components. Now Bitcoin plows are no longer profitable. Sure one thing, who plow, that person loses electricity.
MiukoOk

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:40:58 AM

A good topic to discuss. In my opinion, if this happens, the value of the BTC increases dramatically. Demand is increasing, but the supply will not be stable at the Crypto market. Not only the BTC but the remaining Altcoin also enjoy the benefits. The money market will become a fertile ground for investors around the world
daffa68

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:07:10 AM

I think if miners stop mining it is not problem because we can do projects in bounty may be it can increase our profit
daoquanghuan

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:30:45 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years
You do not need to worry about this, it's almost impossible to happen today, as prices continue to go down but the rate of digging is constantly increasing showing great interest in the market and they still have. Be profitable, the potential of bitcoin is huge and you should buy and store in the long run
sc076

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:35:13 AM

i think it is good to be forward thinking! however, there are already alot of companies that do mining specifically and i doubt that all of them will quit the game.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:54:07 AM

I don't think that miners will stop mining if the miners stops mining Bitcoin that will be the failure of  Bitcoin  it will be insecure also . If bitcoin mining is stopped and the whole world is using the digital currency as primary exchange then it is possible for an increase in transaction fees since there will be more demand for transaction . Bitcoin survives in demand and supply since there is only 21 millions of Bitcoin created and cannot increase the supply naturally the transaction fees increases .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:59:38 AM

If miners will stop mining then it I think the bitcoin will eventually failed. But we don't need to worry about that because I believe they won't stop. 
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:10:32 AM

If miners will stop mining then it I think the bitcoin will eventually failed. But we don't need to worry about that because I believe they won't stop. 
It's impossible that the miners will stop mining bitcoin. If ever they will stop mining I don't think that bitcoin will fail, there will be a way for a resolution to the miners problem. But look on how this thread has been alive up to now and some really don't know what they are saying even though its their opinion.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Happy Fun

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:11:17 AM

If miners stop mining bitcoin, that will make imbalance to digital currencies. And we don't know what will happen to bitcoin if that happen. If you want to invest long term think well so that you will not regret. Smiley
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:17:25 AM

There is no how miners will stop mining, that can only happen when bitcoin is finally dead. Miners are part and parcel of blockchain technology they are the oil that grease the system. What may happen is the sourcing of alternative energy supply to enable them do their work if the complain of the quantity of energy used from the public continues. may be there will be increase in mining fee.
Matic

Activity: 310

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:51:37 AM

In theory bitcoin will no more be a case because miners are mandatory not only for production new bitcoins but also to provide the transactions so bitcoin will die in that case.

rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:55:23 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years

The question should be, do miners wanted to stop? We all know that people loves to do something where they can get benifit. Just like in mining, you can earn with just waiting and not by exerting too much effort. Bitcoin is really powerful that if you started using it, you will love using it.
TiffanyYoung94

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

If stop digging Bitcoin, I think it will take a long time and find the coin scarce. So how can that not happen?
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:38:03 AM

Bitcoin is a digital decentralized electronic currency distributed  world wide without a third party that is the government takes no role in it . How can miners stop mining Bitcoin if it happens then there will not be any investors or buyers in Bitcoin community and that will be failure of Bitcoin .  There will be no transactions through Bitcoin blockchain  Bitcoin will become insecure when miners stop mining .  There are total 21 million of Bitcoin and already 16 million of Bitcoin have been mined .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:42:44 AM

So, scarcity of bitcoin will happen. And this scarcity will lead to lesser investors until no more will sell and of course will buy. Crypto currency will stop and disappear.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:54:05 AM

actually, I don't know about this but I think we only have bitcoin that already mined and the rest of bitcoin will stay in the block and never found. and besides that, I think this will make bitcoin to stop producing and maybe in that time, there will a way to continue the process so mining bitcoin will still exist. but I don't think that the miners will stop to mining bitcoin because at least, they can have bitcoin and they can sell the bitcoin to make money which can cover their electricity fee.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████