Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:22:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?  (Read 4784 times)
thangthoa

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:37:17 AM

Many worries happen to bitcoin investors. Because the market is too chaotic
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:47:21 AM

Nothing will happen and the transaction fee will be the reward for miners which I think is a very good one but am only worry of what the trx fee will be compare to the Bitcoin value they use to get and this might bring a high rate in fee but can't really say but that is my thoughts.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:49:12 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?
I think that miners will never stop mining bitcoin. At least the big miners because they have invested too much money in it.
It looks extremely impossible that miners will stop mining Bitcoin because this is one of the most profitable passive income ever called Bitcoin mining especially when the electricity rates in your country is low you'll surely profit a lot with this method of earning Bitcoin. I can really feel that Bitcoin has even brighter future especially these days when more and more people are getting techie and technologically literate. Grin
I'm hoping that the electricity rates in our country go low, so I can start my mining dream too. Cool
Nemhongonie

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:42:11 AM

Miners confirm transactions by adding them to the block chain. Miners are one of the reason why the bitcoin is still alive. And if they stop, normal people will continue it like they will become the another miners to mine in bitcoin.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 10:08:07 PM

If miners should say they aren't mining again then I see a decrease in the value or price of bitcoin though not all miners will say they wanted to stop mining at a single time, so if some should say they wanted to stop, definitely some will be and running mining.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 09:16:54 AM

The whole system will collapse.

But that will not happen unless bitcoin's price drops down to 100$ or smth like that. As long as mining is profitable, people will be mining bitcoins.
But the profitability is what is the problem. From what I have heard, the miners are shutting down because mining BTC is becoming unprofitable for them and if this continue to happen then the system might collapse.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years

I guess if miners stop mining bitcoin, the 51% attack will be easy to do by some peoples or companies who have much ASIC.
The miners need to keep mining so the hashrate is keep decentralized, not centralized to some parties only.
buying bitcoin to hold for years is not a bad idea, it is a good investment planning.

Showkat Hossain

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

If miners stop mining the bitcoin, than the security is going to be down and the network would be susceptible to attacks.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 10:33:30 PM

it should be made nown publicly that the existence of bitcoin is also a great responsibility on the shoulders of the miners as they need to process transactions to validate and form blocks in which ledgers are saved into. so if miners stop minning then the blockchain will have loads of shutdown farms and that will result in delay in transaction confirmations.

Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:40:22 PM

If today miners stop mining bitcoin, it will leave it susceptible to attacks especially the infamous 51% attack but it's very likely to happen as long as mining remains profitable.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:42:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen so you don't have to worry about it. Miners do this for a reason and that's because they get profit every month/year from mining bitcoin and this will not stop very soon since its a long way until 21 million bitcoins and the process of mining becomes harder every time a new block is created. Miners always are in profit because they adjust the fees depending on how hard the mining process gets so they don't have to worry about stop doing it since people also understand that and they are ready to pay for the necessary fees
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:55:17 PM

First let understand what miner do. Miners create the blocks(batching the valid transactions) they add to the blockchain network. If everyone stops mining Bitcoin than there will be no one to verify the transaction and add blocks to the blockchain. So the block are still valid and the transactions function but since there is no verification we may not be sure valid transaction takes place.

There is no harm in doing long-term investments in bitcoin but there are still things to be remembered such as reviewing the market regularly to follow up the growth progression when there is a unexpected dip analyse the reason and determine the upward trend. Do trade on daily basis with minimum investment to make yourself updated.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:53:09 PM

Of course transactions on the Bitcoin network will be stagnant and the fees for the transactions issued will be even higher.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 03:15:07 AM

Cost of bitcoin mining is very expensive according to the current situation power consumption. If  Price of the bitcoin will increase over the $3500 in coming days then mining will not stop other wise miners will not mine to bitcoin because mining bitcoin will not recover the profit of the miners. Which will also effect the hash power to the bitcoin transaction across the world for the bitcoin.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:00:39 AM

Even though there is no lot of uncertainty for mining activities we are seeing in social media but at all miners stop their operations there will be new miners who enter the industry and mining is ongoing process
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:31:14 AM

Many people fear mining will stop, bitcoin mining has many functions and will continue to generate costs. Bitcoin technology has been designed to be very fair for networks and mining, so it will not result in significant losses for mining. Mining costs will adjust power consumption and maintenance so that when bitcoin is mined there will be simpler technology to execute transaction confirmation, believe that the future will be more sophisticated and easy.
cybernetik7

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:42:33 AM

Because of high amount of income that they have gained, everybody start to mining and number of miner is so high than it has to be. Harsh conditions that we are all struggling may cause to a decrease on number of miners and it is not bad thing if does not exceed a considerable level.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:22:42 PM

On average now Miner dismissed because of income and also electricity usage which is not in accordance with the calculation. electricity expenditure every month is sometimes greater than the income caused by bitcoin which decreases in price
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:18:28 PM

For me, I don't think that a lots of miner's will all leave or stop mining the Bitcoin crypto currency. Because honestly, people are gaining a lots of profit from mining especially those who are large miners.

prices of all the cryptos have fallen too hard and i believe mining is not profitable anymore which results for most miners to quit on thier jobs  but i think there will always be an artificial miner or bots if ever human miners will all quit permanently  because we cant send or recieve our coins if there will be no miners available  .

the above situation can also become opposite . maybe no miners will quit all because they know that if they quit , the mining difficulty could loosen up for others  . i guess they dont want to sacrifies thier own position   because they also want to earn a profit  .
lobster88

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:37:36 PM

For me, I don't think that a lots of miner's will all leave or stop mining the Bitcoin crypto currency. Because honestly, people are gaining a lots of profit from mining especially those who are large miners.

prices of all the cryptos have fallen too hard and i believe mining is not profitable anymore which results for most miners to quit on thier jobs  but i think there will always be an artificial miner or bots if ever human miners will all quit permanently  because we cant send or recieve our coins if there will be no miners available  .

the above situation can also become opposite . maybe no miners will quit all because they know that if they quit , the mining difficulty could loosen up for others  . i guess they dont want to sacrifies thier own position   because they also want to earn a profit  .
If the miners start with no quality foundation, there will be possibility for less profits. The quality rigs and all should be considered additionally we do need to focus on market trend before we enter in mining. They need to skip accordingly on basing the market trend that will eventually lead them to a stability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: