Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE NEWBIES CONSIDERED AS FOOLS?  (Read 15242 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:54:57 AM

Just wait until you see a newbie ask to join a signature campaign. You get so much hate. Just for shits and giggles, I made a newbie account and did this. I laughed my ass off.

Well why are sig-campaigns accept newbies like 777 and bitinvest. It means they are giving a chance for newbies to participate in this forum because people here think they are just here for the money. What do you think about the newbies?

Before I think signature campaign is not that familiar and not designed for us to earn money, I think it is more like a reward for participating on threads, but now, it is being abused and been taken advantage by many.. But I don't think that newbies are fools, and high ranking accounts too, they don't just bash those newbies..

If you see a newbie talking with no sense in a thread and seems like they are talking to a wall, I don't think that they are newbie..  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:58:08 AM

Newbies usually get play with by those people who love making fun of people that looks foolish. Some people even scam newbies just to have fun. Tbh, when I was a newbie, I easily believe what everybody above me is saying. I don't think if those things are realistic enough to be true, I just believe them.

There are some newbies though that are experienced in real life. Even if they are newbies in the real world, you can't actually make a fool out of them because they are wise and matured enough to tell if the other person is making them look dumb.

There is also many Newbies as alt-accounts of very experienced users and they open new accounts just to troll other users, or - what is worst - to scam other users. That's why i don't believe "Newbies"

I never heard that point you mentioned, no one believes newbies so how someone will open a newbie account to scam people?
Scammers always buy high rank accounts for scamming people because people after looking the owner with a high rank account think that maybe the service is trustworthy but actually the account is bought.
I think a little social engineering and a little details on your deal to make it realistic could make someone scam anyone. Ever heard of Nigeria scam (can't actually recall the name). A lot of things can be done to scam you. You might not believe it but people usually trust other people whenever they feel safe around them. Scammers take advantage of that nature of humans.

TL;DR: Our mind has weakness and scammers use those to scam people.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 05:04:33 AM

For a long time on this forum, I see people demonizing newbies for anything. From What I see, a new is considered as someone who doesn't 'know anything and is not supposed to say anything. Whatever you do, you will be told that "you are newbie". I ask myself, does it mean that newbies don't have a voice?

I realized some people build up their accounts and sell them when they are on a higher rank. They then start another account of which they will definitely start as a newbie. Can this person also be considered "worthless"?

The belief that a newbie mainly stems from us being criticized/ridiculed/Judged/Mocked/Embarrassed for not knowing something, these unfelt emotions generally stay with us into our adult lives. As such we live in a society where getting something wrong or not knowing is frowned upon and often time attacked, which logically makes little sense. For us to learn a topic the very definition of the word learn implies that we are ignorant on this subject until we have learned enough to fundamentally understand it.

Mistakes are a part of learning, this should be embraced not ridiculed.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:46:28 AM

Newbies usually get play with by those people who love making fun of people that looks foolish. Some people even scam newbies just to have fun. Tbh, when I was a newbie, I easily believe what everybody above me is saying. I don't think if those things are realistic enough to be true, I just believe them.

There are some newbies though that are experienced in real life. Even if they are newbies in the real world, you can't actually make a fool out of them because they are wise and matured enough to tell if the other person is making them look dumb.

We got all that feeling that believing anyone whos higher than us even some things arent realistic enough as you say. I agree to that i experience such thing when im also a newbie too but in the end i just laugh at myself and thinking to those things before whom i believe soo much from higher ranks and realize that theyre just making fun of me.  Grin

The ones who make fun of a newbie are actually the real fools, because if someone new comes to a place where we are already old we are not supposed to make fun of him but we are supposed to help him understand what we already know.
Where did you even get the idea that the non-newbie ones are supposed to help newbies? AFAIK there's no rule or something like that in this world.

People like to make fun sometimes and if newbies were never made fun of, or if they never got embarrassed, they wouldn't pursue into becoming someone whom you can't make fun of. Newbies should at least make some mistakes so they could learn lessons. Also, there are things that can only be learned by doing mistakes.

Even there's no rule on teaching them but it all depends on ourselves. All of us is different and also have different thoughts and perspectives in life. Some would be helpful and some are not instead they fool them a the way. We experienced that situation since we already putted into that state of being a newbie. I do agree we learn all from our mistakes that makes us an experienced person as the day goes by.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 04:18:57 PM

Even there's no rule on teaching them but it all depends on ourselves. All of us is different and also have different thoughts and perspectives in life. Some would be helpful and some are not instead they fool them a the way. We experienced that situation since we already putted into that state of being a newbie. I do agree we learn all from our mistakes that makes us an experienced person as the day goes by.

Someone would never fool newbies if he has been fooled when he was a newbie because if he experienced that thing he would never like anyone else to feel what he felt in that situation, that is humanity and everyone should have this feeling i guess.
ionomy

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:07:52 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 09:46:17 AM by ionomy

We were all noobs once, some of us here have been noobs many times over, as the saying goes, 'Don't judge a book by its cover'

The English idiom "don't judge a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase which means "you shouldn't prejudge the worth or value of something, by its outward appearance alone".

^ Latter source from Wikipedia

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:10:39 PM

Someone would never fool newbies if he has been fooled when he was a newbie because if he experienced that thing he would never like anyone else to feel what he felt in that situation, that is humanity and everyone should have this feeling i guess.

Exactly we should guide newbies in best possible way and ensure that they don't commit the same mistake as we have done in the past, we should assist them in proper way so that they don't get scammed at initial stage.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:18:58 AM

actually newbies are not fool, because people always start from newbie, its not always newbie is beginner, some of them already knew bitcoin for a long time but just discovered this forum, but sometimes newbie likes to spam, that is why the user like to label newbie as a fool
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:48:30 AM

actually newbies are not fool, because people always start from newbie, its not always newbie is beginner, some of them already knew bitcoin for a long time but just discovered this forum, but sometimes newbie likes to spam, that is why the user like to label newbie as a fool
Apparently that's how this forum works. If you're a newbie, then you're account is worthless. People won't trust you unless you show them a valid point/thing or a solid proof. Most newbies here aren't actually a beginner but most are spammers. If a newbie has been in the bitcoin industry for a long time and he joined this forum, if he reveals himself and show people what are the things that he have established over his past experiences, then the newbie rank will almost be just neglected. It's a rare case though.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:24:25 AM

I agree they are just considered as fools because of mostly newbies do foolishness in forum like  the are just spamming all over but there are some newbies are already knowledgeable about bitcoin and all of us  are once newbies before and all i can say that i am not a fool when i was a newbie before  Grin

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:52:07 AM

However newbies are not getting any reputation in this forum and they can't do a pm also without clearing captcha and there is not a numbers of signature campaign.
If rank get increase with potential till Jr member also that would be nice them...
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:10:58 AM

However newbies are not getting any reputation in this forum and they can't do a pm also without clearing captcha and there is not a numbers of signature campaign.
If rank get increase with potential till Jr member also that would be nice them...

Yeah the fact is there are not many signature campaigns for newbie so the only option left for them is to upgrade their account first and then join any campaign.

Mastsetad

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:44:55 PM

The fact that newbies are not getting a good reputation in this campaign because a few of them are spammers and just because of them every newbie has got the same reputation, whether a newbies has knowledge or not but he is considered a noob knowing nothing, it is just like if a town has some bad people so that town is considered bad.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:46:47 AM

Yeah, one proof is they dont know how to use search engine instead they are making thread similar to each other with the same question. And thats one thing that newbie arent making a good reputation imo.
Soulver

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:58:03 PM

Yeah, one proof is they dont know how to use search engine instead they are making thread similar to each other with the same question. And thats one thing that newbie arent making a good reputation imo.

That's really offending and not true, i personally use search engine but when i find results with not enough information i would start a thread so it becomes clear for me, that's my rights. Finding similar threads doesn't always means clarifying the search queries , maybe i found a thread with the same question as i have but it didn't explain what i needed or clarified my questions, so i will have to make a thread.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:32:08 PM

No one consider newbies as fools, just newbies behaviors are considered a little strange and not really following the forum rules sometimes, so we are here to guide and advice them.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:36:42 PM

No one consider newbies as fools, just newbies behaviors are considered a little strange and not really following the forum rules sometimes, so we are here to guide and advice them.

How about someone that has great trust but act like a fool for example : scammer name Maidak
It's really difficult to notice that someday these newbie will able to be like him  Sad

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
nejibens

Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

How about someone that has great trust but act like a fool for example : scammer name Maidak
It's really difficult to notice that someday these newbie will able to be like him  Sad

That's right, there is scammers even from the members with high ranks and sometimes with green trust as you noticed. And sometimes we find newbies making honest deals without any issue.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:07:44 PM

That's right, there is scammers even from the members with high ranks and sometimes with green trust as you noticed. And sometimes we find newbies making honest deals without any issue.

Exactly, but the problem is that we don't deal anyone face to face here so it becomes really difficult to trust anyone as I heard even some escrows ran away with coins of the people dealing with them.
sadiq basha

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:52:13 PM

not all newbies are scammers. since bitcoin is a new technology, lots of new people who want to know what bitcoin is, post questions. They should be welcomed and answered in a simplified manner.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: