Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:01:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴[ANN][BURST][PoC] Burstcoin | Hard Fork Coming Approximately June 20th  (Read 374915 times)
Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:26:24 PM

i really like this coin.. its the only coin that can be mined by your average joe with a computer. Definately holding some longterm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:57:22 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 01:43:00 PM by CryptoDude2727

i really like this coin.. its the only coin that can be mined by your average joe with a computer. Definately holding some longterm

No question it has longterm potential.
DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:28:19 PM

How much is volume of the BURST wallet on HDD now? What is the profit  from1 Tb? I'm just wondering if there is any profit from such volume as I didn't found this information in the main thread.

notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:57:00 PM

How much is volume of the BURST wallet on HDD now? What is the profit  from1 Tb? I'm just wondering if there is any profit from such volume as I didn't found this information in the main thread.
Try here for a basic idea and the actual results will be plus/minus. I have 2tb and will get 117 coins in less than 24 hours. So varies with a smaller pool

http://burstcoin.biz/calculator.
morantis

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:16:10 PM

apparently there is some forking going on again, last night i noticed the local wallet was wrong, and then i noticed that the main online wallet is also wrong, great
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:47:20 PM

apparently there is some forking going on again, last night i noticed the local wallet was wrong, and then i noticed that the main online wallet is also wrong, great

Happening to me too...

i'm downloading the entire chain for local wallet (nevere used before, hoping that will solve), and the online one is stuck to one of the initial blocks (2xxx block) and don't goes on, also waiting for an hour and nothing....

morantis

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

Happening to me too...

i'm downloading the entire chain for local wallet (nevere used before, hoping that will solve), and the online one is stuck to one of the initial blocks (2xxx block) and don't goes on, also waiting for an hour and nothing....

well, i am in the process of d/l the blockchain and plotting more too, so we shall see
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:30:58 PM

I'm not a technical expert ...but coins are not "held" in your wallet.  It is a gateway to access them on the blockchain.  Your coins are safe.  If an atm is down/being serviced it wouldn't signify your money is gone... merely that gateway was unavailable at that moment to access your money.  All things need servicing/updating from time to time.

Fyi...I have been using the local wallet and have had no problems.
morantis

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:33:13 PM

I'm not a technical expert ...but coins are not "held" in your wallet.  It is a gateway to access them on the blockchain.  Your coins are safe.  If an atm is down/being serviced it wouldn't signify your money is gone... merely that gateway was unavailable at that moment to access your money.  All things need servicing/updating from time to time.

Fyi...I have been using the local wallet and have had no problems.

no one is afraid they lost anything, just making sure we are not on a fork
cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

Also for me is not a problem to risk a coin loose, i know that your passphrase (Aka private key) is the only thing that matter, the problem is that with the wallet unusable, i can't follow my investments on Assets, or make buy or sell and account gaining from mining and dividends....

At the moment i'm totally blind for the markets...

Cheers

morantis

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:20:20 PM

Also for me is not a problem to risk a coin loose, i know that your passphrase (Aka private key) is the only thing that matter, the problem is that with the wallet unusable, i can't follow my investments on Assets, or make buy or sell and account gaining from mining and dividends....

Cheers

not a single person ever mentioned losing anything, we are talking about forking.  where are you guys coming from?
cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:48:56 PM

Cheers

not a single person ever mentioned losing anything, we are talking about forking.  where are you guys coming from?

I was only enforcing your statement in reply to CryptoDude2727.....

To know if we forked or not i have to wait till the end of the download of the blockchain.. i'm at 1/3rd of the whole chain...

morantis

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:06:04 AM

Cheers

To know if we forked or not i have to wait till the end of the download of the blockchain.. i'm at 1/3rd of the whole chain...

i know, but people keep bringing up things that are useless, no one lost money
morantis

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:51:55 AM

i just started doing burst again recently.
"mining" software does not matter with burst, right?

i have an nvidia GPU, but that does not matter with POW, am I right?  i go back and forth between using the miner that comes with the wallet and i think uray's, seems the only difference is how the info is output and i like uray's, seems the packaged miner spits the overlapping error on every new block and the one i use never mentions it.

but, the question is.....there is no specific GPU plotting or mining software, just whatever one you pick, as per personal choice, yes?
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:34:16 AM

Cheers

A few people on the BURST board were freaking out thinking they lost coin...I initially thought that was the concern here as well. 
morantis

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:49:28 AM

Cheers

A few people on the BURST board were freaking out thinking they lost coin...I initially thought that was the concern here as well. 

i very recently hit my wallet online and saw that the balance was unchanged.  I expected a slight payout from a pool, but i could be wrong and i imagine the pool's wallets have the same issues as everyone else. 

keep in mind that plotting is completely separated from your local wallet, as long as the proper burst id is associated with the plots, all is fine.  i believe that the same is true of mining, as long as it is pool mining and not solo.  i tested and it seems that the miner still reads the plots and processes that just fine, even while the block chain is downloading.

i just posted asking if there is a specific benefit to using the GPU miner and i am playing with the config file now. I can say that the configuration for the jminer is more in depth as far as the file goes, but the same values are used and there is not much to change in the file.  i will post if i see a big difference once it is up and running.  I am re-plotting for this pc, right now only using a little over 200 GB of plots and seeing dl's in the 2 week to several year range.  I have another 200 GB being plotted and will test both mining techniques once that is done.  i intend to be back in the 3-4 TB range soon, but this new pc only has three sata ports inside and that will be a problem.  may have to invest in some type of hard drive enclosure that has a single sata output. 

i honestly do not see that the GPU software will be much better.  it should process the plots quicker and send a dl quicker, so that it is accepted faster, resulting in a dl accepted on a very fast block when it would have been lost.  if it is truly based on nothing more than the size of the plot, GPU versus CPU should make no difference, but we shall see.
morantis

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:05:35 AM

one little wallet change might get a handle on the constant forking.

if i download a btc wallet that requires the block chain versus a lightweight wallet, i cannot do much with it until it syncs.  this is true for most coins wallets.  the thing with the burstcoin wallet is that i can jump in and start doing things right away, as long as the server is running locally.  i can literally create a new wallet and send burst to and from addresses that i know of without a complaint from the local wallet.  if it takes my pc 28 hours to download the burst coin chain and fully sync, that is 48 worth of fully forked wallet work that i can do.  for a young coin, like burst coin, that is a sizeable little chain of its own.

i noticed the newest version made some changes, good changes.  my biggest complaint about the old wallet was that if the java did not shut down properly, there was a 50/50 shot that my local block chain and wallet data would become unusable, that seems to be gone.  but a simple code change that keeps people from interacting with the wallet before a full sync might kill some of these side forks

edit: in fact, if you think about it.  i can download the wallet, the pool software and maybe a few other little things and start running a fully functioning pool based upon my local wallet or the wallet on a server and have it up and running before the wallet backing that pool has synced.  chances are that no one will jump on and join my brand new pool, but it could happen.  an established burst coin pool can replace their current burst coin wallet files with a new chain, maybe because they don't know any better, or maybe to be a scammer and that pool's power is then working for them to create another fork. 
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 11:31:11 AM

What happened yesterday:

The Win Client uses following Online Wallets:

https://wallet.burst-team.us:8125/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8126/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8127/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8128/index.html

If one wallet goes down, is unreachable, it switches to the next. During the update of 8125 from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 the DB made problems and we started a resync and took the wallet out of the proxy for https://wallet.burst-team.us . Problem is that we didn't made it unreachable by direct link and people stranded at the 8125 online wallet with their win client in the year 2014.

The online wallets are very user and newbie friendly but are actually against the whole idea of a decentralized trust-less transaction system. The online wallets are a centralized service which is a single point of failure. When it fails, you have to wait till someone else fixes it for you.

So there was no forking of the network at all.

My personal recommendation: Have a local instance ready or running. Also add the list of online wallets to your bookmarks...

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:46:55 PM

What happened yesterday:

The Win Client uses following Online Wallets:

https://wallet.burst-team.us:8125/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8126/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8127/index.html
https://wallet.burst-team.us:8128/index.html

If one wallet goes down, is unreachable, it switches to the next. During the update of 8125 from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 the DB made problems and we started a resync and took the wallet out of the proxy for https://wallet.burst-team.us . Problem is that we didn't made it unreachable by direct link and people stranded at the 8125 online wallet with their win client in the year 2014.

The online wallets are very user and newbie friendly but are actually against the whole idea of a decentralized trust-less transaction system. The online wallets are a centralized service which is a single point of failure. When it fails, you have to wait till someone else fixes it for you.

So there was no forking of the network at all.

My personal recommendation: Have a local instance ready or running. Also add the list of online wallets to your bookmarks...

Lesson learned, and taking notes about this. Thanks.

My wallet now is at 96% of chain download... soon back on track.

Cheers

Blades11

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:56:47 AM

So, I started a crowdfunding project, and then I pledged 1000 Burst to it, expecting to get the 1000 Burst back into my account, to test that the service works, and my 1000 Burst has vanished into thin air. Can someone help me?

It looks like my Burst is sitting in the account BURST-GUR6-VHE5-463Y-DJ57H, but I have no understanding why.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: