Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who really uses bitcoin?  (Read 14209 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:13:42 AM

I recall some researches have already been done and I participated in some of them but don't think they publically published the results. I think this would make a great research topic for those thinking about one and are fans of bitcoin.

Do you remember the title of the research or some hint that we could search for googling it? It might help the community, some could post it here just quoting it or giving them the credits to make them more popular so they will have more will to do it again.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:22:14 PM

People believes in making quick money from it will definitely prefer to use bitcoin as an investment for future.
thats true and it is really great as a lot of new people get involved in bitcoins because of that, bitcoins is the best investment option to be honest

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:51:26 PM

Everyone can be a bitcoin user, you will never know, but in general it's sould be internet generation, i am not sure you can meet old bitcoin user.

Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 03:58:19 PM

Everyone can be a bitcoin user, you will never know, but in general it's sould be internet generation, i am not sure you can meet old bitcoin user.

Yeah, it does bitcoin now have tremendous growth. Many people are getting to know bitcoin and there are some someone who had been very intrigued with bitcoin and also how it works. So you're just looking for or read an article about bitcoin. After that I developed myself, use imagination wik
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:04:02 PM

There are definitely older Bitcoin users, mostly the people who joined a few years ago, and then you have some of the ancient users as I like to call them from before 2011/12. I think a ton of people joined in 2013 when the price went up considerably, and it's been on a slow increase since then.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:04:43 PM

A lot of people in my own opinion uses bitcoin. Quite a number of people are on this forum in addition to people on other forums all over the world. And even the acceptance is moving in a rapid way with various services coming to accept bitcoin as a form of payment. So, a lot of people are using bitcoin...
d@nte

Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:17:21 PM

Most users probably use for speculative purposes, but there are people who shop online and use services that accept cryptocurrency,
this will become more common over time.
ronagelm

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:20:48 PM

Hi I wonder about the demographics of bitcoin. Who uses it, race, location, gender?

I read the coindesk paper on it, but wonder if there is some other more updated documentation on it.

Regards
I think everyday people use bitcoin. A lot of people tend to think bitcoin is used only for illegal things on the dark web but that is not true at all! My father uses bitcoin and I know plenty of people that have just invested in it like gold or silver! To answer your questions everyone uses bitcoin.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 02:58:07 PM

Hi I wonder about the demographics of bitcoin. Who uses it, race, location, gender?

I read the coindesk paper on it, but wonder if there is some other more updated documentation on it.

Regards

It is a modern era and in this age we do not do any calculation based on race , and gender etc, so we can say that different people from different parts of the world are involved in bitcoin .
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:02:27 PM

People believes in making quick money from it will definitely prefer to use bitcoin as an investment for future.
Yes people believes always in a simple eays to make money and some people are always want them to spoon feed they dont want to search for there on strategy some investors are prefering to use bitcoin to use as curency to invest because they are thinking that they can earn fast on bitcoin
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:07:53 PM

I agree because many of users are introduced to bitcoin in this way.

But,

Actually everyone can use bitcoin for safe investment considering future. As well anyone can use for business purpose as its a decentralized, safe, secure currency and give instant transactions.

I think People have to understand basics behind bitcoin.

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:11:11 PM

I agree because many of users are introduced to bitcoin in this way.

But,

Actually everyone can use bitcoin for safe investment considering future. As well anyone can use for business purpose as its a decentralized, safe, secure currency and give instant transactions.

I think People have to understand basics behind bitcoin.

A person who understand what is bitcoin. Can become more comfortable and convenient with its use.

Bitcoin is nothing but an altcoin. Which is first invention made by combination of cryptography and blockchain.

In todays work many of other altcoins are in market. But Bitcoin is Prime currency among cryptoworld. No cryptocurrency can touch its price. Infact all cryptocurrencies can be evaluated in Bitcoins.
theshiki

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:17:30 PM

with all surveys going round I think the real users of bitcoins are the people who know how to use the Internet,  do some online shopping,  those who want to gamble anonymously and the alike
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:38:42 PM

with all surveys going round I think the real users of bitcoins are the people who know how to use the Internet,  do some online shopping,  those who want to gamble anonymously and the alike
Not all people who using internet are knows bitcoin.. because many people are using internet in daily basis..
So it is impossible that you can count people in that way..
Most them they are using paypal to go and buy in shops like amazon.. bitcoin right now still not accepted in amazon..
i hope someday that amazon will accept bitcoin too as payment..
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:38:53 PM

with all surveys going round I think the real users of bitcoins are the people who know how to use the Internet,  do some online shopping,  those who want to gamble anonymously and the alike

Surveys? Those don't really help. The only people who do surveys are those who have free time in their hands. A majority of bitcoin users actually don't. Either they are busy setting up their business or they are automating their earnings (mining, etc).
funbarrel

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:08:35 PM

though it is really hard to make quick profit, in order to benefit you need to hold your bitcoins for a really long time and only then get income

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:10:30 PM

Surveys? Those don't really help. The only people who do surveys are those who have free time in their hands. A majority of bitcoin users actually don't. Either they are busy setting up their business or they are automating their earnings (mining, etc).

many people are like this, they think what they use bitcoin for is the only thing that is possible to do with it! i still see many people saying the only way of earning bitcoin or even having bitcoin is through using faucets! these type of people will always continue wasting their time and earn dust until the day they want to spend their earning and face the consequences of gathering that much dust.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
MingLee

Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:13:10 PM

though it is really hard to make quick profit, in order to benefit you need to hold your bitcoins for a really long time and only then get income
It isn't hard to make profit if you're a day trader who has a lot of programs and things running on an exchange, it just takes a little time to check and re-check everything and make sure that the deals you're making are good deals. Holding does make it take longer to get a decent return on whatever you invested with.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:16:23 PM

Many people who want to send money without middlemen, banks or central authorities between them are using it. There are also sellers, gamblers and, as people know, scammers using the cryptocurrency.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 04:24:59 PM

the most people which uses bitcoin is us in this forum and many of them in out there and we maybe don't know who are they. and even in out there, government employee uses bitcoin too but they don't know what is bitcoin, and they only know that bitcoin is really good for investment. we use bitcoin for many purpose like for trading, gambling, buy stuff on darknet or store online, and many other things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: