Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:36:04 PM

How does the bonus for signing up to the newsletter and later IPO work when buying from C-Cex?
You'll receive a code to your email, which you can use to claim cashback once you have your HEAT tokens in your wallet.

Okay great thanks.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:39:27 PM

And... I really don't get how that should be possible even without Fiat. And you don't give informations yet. The thing is: Even if all what you say is true it seems not professional. And I can't know if it's true, not saying you guys are dishonest.
Your questions are legitimate but a staff member without proper knowledge made a mistake and came in answering them in a bad way, giving an impression most of the important parts are being avoided. That's not the case. Like mentioned I'm going to address that in good detail and it takes up to an hour of writing which I'm sure you understand is scarce on the first whole day of ICO. We have a lot of stuff to do. Up to half a day of time for answering extensive questions of forums would be modest. Thanks for you patience!

See, the problem here is that if you ask yourself if you would see this as a professional project, what would you think? And you say your partner "made a mistake and came in answering them in a bad way, giving an impression most of the important parts are being avoided". You do the same exactly now if you compare my post and what I questioned and what you quoted and reacted on.

For me it's not just about the fact that you didn't provide basic informations (like a Whitepaper) before you do an ICO. It's revealing if I want to know more about your priorities. And those priorities are obviously the ICO-money because it doesn't need money to give informations and to write a Whitepaper.

And like I've said, there are:

1. professional projects
2. non-professional projects
3. scams

Not saying it's 3. But I'm sure it's also not 1. My guess for now is: It's a mix of 2 and 3. Maybe honest intentions but money before.

And I only would invest in 1.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:49:47 PM

Your credibility (coming from the proper sequence of actions) would be answering for you...
While acknowledging the sub-optimal process sequence, we're counting on this to assist with the credibility

https://github.com/fimkrypto/

It's good to notice we're not looking to max out disproportionally with the ICO. It's specifically designed for reasonable sum range to fund for the company and to assist in the 2nd round IPO. Based on that, the flow currently looks fine!

Ok, so you're going to collect 300+ millions (some 60%) of FIMK , right? what for...?
Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:49:51 PM

It's kind of hard to get an overview here, at least for me. I have a few questions, including a little "sorry" if they are already answered but I didn't recognize.

1. The token

What exactly is the purpose of the Heat token? For example: In Factom the token (Factoids) is the incentive (payment) to run the federated servers. On the other side: To use Factom as a system (let's say to record and timestamp transaction-data), Factoids are converted into Entry Credits and "burned" through that process.  

That design gives the token a real value, and the market cap will reflect the value of the system, because the more the system is used the more Factoids are burned.

Is there something similar in Heat? At the moment it seems to me as if it will be possible to use Heat as Crypto-exchange for let's say a "BTC - ETH - pair" without a need for the token?

2. Fiat, Crypto and EU laws

In the Ann it's said "HEAT Ledger Ltd has joint venture agreements in place with EU wide money transmitter license pending, making the prospect of transferring real fiat money in a cryptographic ledger a reality. One of the first, if not THE first - but certainly the first multi-sig fiat!"

To include Fiat is indeed a very interesting point. But how safe is it that it will happen? Some days ago I've read a german article about new regulatory pressure in the EU, mainly to prevent money laundering (also terror-financing). It's said that those new Cryptocurrency rules are harder than in New York, and the author of that article even expresses his concern that the EU will nearly become  a No-go-area for Crypto-startups.

For those who understand german:
"Virtuelle Währungen sollen EU-weit reguliert werden. Weil es alle Arten von Wallets treffen kann, droht die EU zur No-Go-Area für Bitcoin-Startups zu werden"
https://bitcoinblog.de/2016/07/06/virtuelle-waehrungen-sollen-eu-weit-reguliert-werden-weil-es-alle-arten-von-wallets-treffen-kann-droht-die-eu-zur-no-go-area-fuer-bitcoin-startups-zu-werden/

English article about the issue:

"The Plan contains many initiatives to tighten anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) laws, by the end of this year, and includes two separate sections that would affect cryptocurrencies, which they refer to as “virtual currencies.” The larger section targets terrorism funding directly, while the smaller is specifically about pre-paid debit cards, which several bitcoin companies now offer.

“The Commission proposes to bring virtual currency exchange platforms and custodian wallet providers under the scope of the Anti-Money Laundering Directive,” the Plan states. “These entities will have to apply customer due diligence controls when exchanging virtual for real currencies, ending the anonymity associated with such exchanges.”

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/the-european-commissions-divide-over-cryptocurrency-regulation-grows-wider/

My question is: How sure the Heat team can be to find a way through this obviously hard regulations, not just as a decentralized Crypto exchange but even for Fiat? For me it looks as if this project needs to implement a "know-your-customer-system" to have chances in the EU?

3. The blockchain:

It's said: "2-tier reward structure: Proof-Of-Stake and Proof-Of-Presence (Online storage of blockchain slice files)"

a) What exactly is "Proof-of-Presence" and what's it's practical purpose?
b) What will the inflation rate be?

very good questions... sorry if i missed the answers somewhere, but im curious about this too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
robbyx

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

I sent bitcoin from my Coinbase account , I can get my token ?
It could be problematic, depending on whether coinbase keeps that bitcoin address active. Please ensure that address is available for your access later. Send me a private message to discuss any details.
[/quote] ok,done
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:20:04 PM

Will this coin die or dev team stop to post updates or work for this coin if the ICO didn't go well? Or if it is not traded well after the ICO.
idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:05:02 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 03:15:08 PM by idolacchacked

why can't  the dev make ICO with one currency?

other coin holders too stupid to sell and buy with btc?

i may be too cautious but this is giving me the red flag

why make a simple process so complicated i don't see any reason for it  

have you ever heard of the term "Keep It Simple"

and what do you do with coins not sold?

any plan for exchanges after the ICO?

nob0dy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:13:28 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 07:01:30 PM by nob0dy

hmmm ...second ico from these guys in 2 years. i dont think the investors of FIMK like that kind of roadmap...

informations or updates in FIMK habe been very rare about that time. look at the forum. not more than promises about news over months. lately a short info to the fimk investors about HEAT Sad forum.fimk.fi

nice quick ICO .... haha
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 03:15:32 PM

why can't  the dev make ipo with one currency?
Heat Ledger Ltd is a registered limited company, rather than "dev"

why make a simple process so complicated i don't see any reason for it
It's meant to be simpler for FIMK, NXT and ETH holders who want to use their holdings directly.

Also selling the required amounts of FIMK & NXT would affect their exchange rate significantly, not even possible with the low volume of FIMK.

and what do you do with coins not sold?
The HEAT not reserved? All 25 Million HEAT will be distributed to the pledgers. So in the case of not sold out ICO, each investor will receive a higher stake.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

idolacchacked

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:25:25 PM

ty for the answer

will it start trading on ccex soons  ICO is done?

will there be buy wall in place ?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:42:11 PM

ty for the answer

will it start trading on ccex soons  ICO is done?

Buy walls are for losers.
idolacchacked

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:46:22 PM

ty for the answer

will it start trading on ccex soons  ICO is done?

Buy walls are for losers.

agree we can dump it to 10 sats and pump it the sky later Cheesy

just trying to see what the dev team has in mind
CoinManiac1

Activity: 612

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:59:59 PM

Thought to invest. But no whitepaper, or a github...I will wait...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████  ████████████  ████████
██████████  ██████████  ██████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▄█████████████  ██████  █████████████▄
███████████  ██  ████  ██  ███████████
████████████  ██  ██  ██  ████████████
█████████████  ██    ██  █████████████
██████████████  ██  ██  ██████████████
▀██████████████  ████  ██████████████▀
███████████████  ██  ███████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
███████████████  ███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
                                     █▓▓                ▓▓█
                                      ███              ███
                                       ███            ███
                                        ███          ███
                                         ███        ███
                                          ███      ███
                                           ███    ███
                                            ███  ███                          ▄
███          ███             █        ███    ██████    ███   ████████████     ██▄             ███
███          ███            ███        ███    ████    ███    ███              ████▄           ███
███          ███           █████        ███    ██    ███     ███              ██████▄         ███
███          ███          ███ ███        ███   ▀▀   ███      ███              ███▀████▄       ███
████████████████         ███   ███        ███      ███       ████████████     ███  ▀████▄     ███
████████████████        ███     ███        ███    ███        ████████████     ███    ▀████▄   ███
███          ███       ███       ███        ███  ███         ███              ███      ▀████▄ ███
███          ███      ███████████████        ██████          ███              ███        ▀███████
███          ███     ███           ███        ████           ███              ███          ▀█████
███          ███    ███             ██▓        ██            ███              ███            ▀███
███          ███   ███               ██▓       ▀▀            ████████████     ███              ▀█
MEDIUM
TWITTER
LINKEDIN
TELEGRAM
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 04:05:19 PM

To include Fiat is indeed a very interesting point. But how safe is it that it will happen?
Nothing is of course "safe". However our arrangements are further than anything I know of in the crypto sphere, except for maybe some of the XEM Japan hype that we haven't examined in detail. Haven't heard of any fiat licensing initiatives with WAVES or others. Your questions would fit perfectly on-target at their promo, and the answers would be interesting.

the author of that article even expresses his concern that the EU will nearly become  a No-go-area for Crypto-startups.
It's just an article. I'd say such fears are not substantiated. Regulation will rather enhance the operations in part because it removes the business from the gray area and places it under the umbrella of legally accepted financial services.

The Commission proposes to bring virtual currency exchange platforms and custodian wallet providers under the scope of the Anti-Money Laundering Directive
These developments last week have scared many people I know. I'm not worried, as it's something to be expected sooner or later. The fast track that AML implementations within EU now seem to take doesn't affect HEAT, for two reasons:

a) Fiat operations are only one part of HEAT's many focus points. Not marginal as they have great potential, but not overly significant either.
b) More importantly, we're prepared for compliance. We have national money transmitter license application pending, coordinated through a JV partner Fintech company that can't be disclosed yet. This license, when obtained, will enable fiat payments on tech that uses HEAT or a white-label implementation of it. We expect it to be feasible, if not plain right simple, to extend the license to EU wide operations.

For me it looks as if this project needs to implement a "know-your-customer-system" to have chances in the EU?
KYC is not a problem. Our JV partner uses it all the time, and also FIMK is using government approved KYC in its basic income structure. We can deploy sufficient KYC procedures both technically and otherwise at any time to either our own operations, or the operations of a customer / partner.

That said, the HEAT token itself won't be needing KYC / identification any time soon. HEAT is a virtual currency, decentralized p2p ledger like any cryptocoin. The legislation concerning virtual currencies apply here. While I'm not a legal counsel I know that everyone is responsible for her own usage of a cryptocurrency - not the developer of the token.

I believe they will close all possible ways to go into or out of Crypto without them knowing pretty much about it - because but not just because they want their taxes.
I don't think that's the case. If it is however, then nothing will help. HEAT is as prepared as can be.

I need to think about the possibility that it will run into a lot of problems because of hard EU laws and will be illegal very soon - or already is illegal
I know the laws rather well. We've successfully pushed FIMK through two accounting periods, full reporting with the accountants whom I consulted to take the necessary measures to make it smooth. All without issues with the authorities for a nonprofit official organization that received 250 000 EUR in cruptocurrency funding. Not for the faint of heart.

HEAT Ledger is fully transparent, official limited company with reporting requirements fulfilled, constantly being advised by qualified accountants & legal team that helps us steer through the ICO & IPO phase. ICO and subsequent options release and IPO in a high bureaucracy EU country, the whole process sanctified by the government authorities. That's what we're doing.

If I believe that you guys maybe not really know how and if you can make this legal but already saying you will even implement Fiat and that there are pending agreements about that - how can that be possible?
The HEAT token itself is not fiat related. Fiat is done through a separate fintech company that will receive the license(s). I can only say we've gone to great lengths with our accountants and lawyers clarifying the required processes since starting this plan about 6 months ago. Legislation is a moving variable, however our team is staying on top of it. If you want to be invest in a crypto startup, the odds are you won't find a better setup anywhere in the Western world.

I hope this has eased your concerns. I'll attend to the token technicalities in the next message.

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:16:42 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 04:28:09 PM by Relaxedsense

Hi Dev,

I have to say, its good to see that you are responding to questions constructively I do not see that happening often.

Could it be possible to prioritze the White Paper, as I understood from a previous post it is almost finished. I am asking because it could solve a lot of problems/questions quite quickly.

Cheers
sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:27:51 PM

Hello i am now in vacaction and spend my btc.buy lisk ,untim willl be to late.
Jack Needles

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:35:47 PM

hmmm ...second ico from these guys in 2 years. i dont think the investors of FIMK like that kind of roadmap...
As an early investor of FIMK, I disagree.  The reservation rate of FIMK to HEAT was designed to be favorable to FIMK investors.  IMHO this shows great character, as the investors in their “first ICO” of FIMK were offered a chance to reinvest for a “no-loss proposition”

Quote from: Eliphaz Fimk
The FIMK option and its better rates compared to other HEAT credit purchase options are mainly a favor to reward the loyal FIMK stakeholders, and redeem the FIMK donations received in 2014 for a no-loss proposition for the patrons.
https://forum.fimk.fi/index.php?topic=705.msg5285#msg5285

The feature set of FIMK is very robust and (IMHO) rightfully earns the self-ascribed 2.5G label.  Unfortunately, it never received the attention it deserved from the wider crypto community.  FIMK will continue, and will serve a different audience than HEAT.

FIMK will continue its own function as a non-profit based cryptocurrency platform, with all the services it provides such as the basic income and others. The association will continue to exist and operate. FIMK will enjoy the benefits of being included in the HEAT client. The FIMK technology has reached pretty mature status what comes to features offered.

Through this arrangement we aim to free up FIMK resources towards better end user adoption and external development. Like I've said this to many people: There's nothing I can do to force you believe all this massive work is done to benefit everyone: us the developers, the FIMK holders, and the potential audience. Time will provide the proof.

informations or updates in FIMK habe been very are about that time. look at the forum. not more than promises about news over months. lately a short info to the fimk investors about HEAT Sad forum.fimk.fi
There is some truth here.  I sometimes wonder whether these promises actually harmed the adoption of FIMK.  For large portions of time, it seemed the FIMK community was just sitting and waiting for magic to happen and did not get involved.  From what I can tell, the biggest reasons promises went unfulfilled had to do with the non-profit nature of FIMK.

HEAT is designed in large part to help FIMK and make the exceptional technology available through commercial channels - as  2 years have shown it can't be properly utilized through the non-profit FIMK project.

Basically most business contacts we've made for FIMK during 2 years, because they want to work with business and not non-profit, so we couldn't utilize them previously.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 04:58:41 PM

And those priorities are obviously the ICO-money because it doesn't need money to give informations and to write a Whitepaper.
(All that is correct. Obviously, our priority is to get funding for the startup company. If writing whitepaper and giving out information could be done with money, it'd be less of a problem. What they require instead, is time, scarce commodity we don't have to do things in the order we'd prefer to.)

Now to the token, which was another excellent subject not described sufficiently earlier.

design gives the token a real value, and the market cap will reflect the value of the system, because the more the system is used the more Factoids are burned.
That's one mechanism of attempting to provide value. And a clever one. Unfortunately, usually the best mechanisms won't win the world based on capitalism.

Is there something similar in Heat? At the moment it seems to me as if it will be possible to use Heat as Crypto-exchange for let's say a "BTC - ETH - pair" without a need for the token?
Yes there will be. To exchange crypto pairs directly, you need to fund the trading fees in HEAT tokens. That will happen invisibly through at either of the 2 ways:

- system charges eg. BTC from your account and auto-converts it to HEAT (by purchasing HEAT from the built-in market, which further increases demand in real time)
- gateway operator - which can be numerous as they integrate their replicated nodes communication to the HEAT middleware through approval of the central HEAT client admins - pays the fees (in HEAT) and charges your wallet account whatever they've agreed with you.

Other avenues for HEAT demand are:

- asset listing and other asset operation fees (private assets, colored accounts)
- asset trading & order setting fees
- Replication binary messages that corporate node operators use, require HEAT fees with every replication message (create update, insert etc.). Thus running the replication for eg. fast trading applications in the HEAT blockchain requires constant - although low - supply of HEAT from the operator. Combined these will form a significant flow in the form of tx fees paid out in block rewards
- Distributed Services Architecture. The distributed services economy that will come alive once this mechanism is enabled will take in some of its payments in HEAT. The usage level of these services is much broader and higher than for instance smart contracts, they're meant to be used by anyone and served to users from any custom website (Thanks to Dennis for that DSA elevator pitch!)

While users pay minimum tx fees to activate services, the services work in such a way that most have to answer back to the user. This will effectually work like a non-registered subscription fee based on service usage volume, again requiring service operators to purchase HEAT from the market. For small service providers the cost is negligible (for instance 0.01 HEAT fee for 1st time activation). For large providers keeping the service running requires consistent replenishing of HEAT tokens on their service accounts.

Burning of HEAT is something we haven't decided yet. Probably no, but maybe something when finalizing system design comes up in the last minute that warrants burning.

We're fully aware that providing token for just "crypto payments", shopping and even asset exchange won't cut it these days. So the mechanism for HEAT token demand distribution has been, and while work in progress, will be designed accordingly.

Could it be possible to prioritze the White Paper, as I understood from a previous post it is almost finished. I am asking because it could solve a lot of problems/questions quite quickly.
That's a good suggestion. Let's see what we can do. Release of the paper is anyway scheduled by the last week of ICO, to remove exactly this kind of issues early enough to be of benefit.

idolacchacked

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:46:16 PM

ty for the answer

will it start trading on ccex soons  as ICO is done?

any other exchange to be listed?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:48:48 PM

Thanks for the reply, but of course I have some more questions.

To include Fiat is indeed a very interesting point. But how safe is it that it will happen?
Nothing is of course "safe". However our arrangements are further than anything I know of in the crypto sphere, except for maybe some of the XEM Japan hype that we haven't examined in detail. Haven't heard of any fiat licensing initiatives with WAVES or others. Your questions would fit perfectly on-target at their promo, and the answers would be interesting.  

I looked into Waves and also found too much that wasn't convincing in my opinion so I did not invest. You say: "our arrangements are further than anything I know of in the crypto sphere"

What do you mean with "arrangements"? Which steps did you make to get Fiat approval? How will it be implemented technically? Do you plan a "Fiat-wallet"? Do you plan Heat as a mix of Paypal plus Multicoin-Wallet and decentralized exchange?  

the author of that article even expresses his concern that the EU will nearly become  a No-go-area for Crypto-startups.
It's just an article. I'd say such fears are not substantiated. Regulation will rather enhance the operations in part because it removes the business from the gray area and places it under the umbrella of legally accepted financial services.

Sorry, but to say "it's just an article" is naive or you are intentionally misleading here. It's not just an article. Besides the fact that there are multiple articles, you can read the press-release of the EU-commission right here:

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-2381_en.htm

One example, and it's not even about Fiat - just about Crypto:

How can virtual currencies be used to finance terrorism and what can we do to prevent this?

Banks and payment institutions fall under the scope of the Fourth AMLD, which requires them to comply with specific rules, such as verifying customers’ identity and monitoring financial transactions. Virtual currency operators were initially not included in the scope of the Directive.
Virtual currencies are developing quickly and are an example of digital innovation. However, at the same time, there is a risk that virtual currencies could be used by terrorist organisations to circumvent the traditional financial system and conceal financial transactions as these can be carried out in an anonymous manner.

That is why the Commission proposes to bring virtual currency exchange platforms and custodian wallet providers under the scope of the Fourth AMLD, in order to help identify users who trade in virtual currencies. Bringing these two actors under the Fourth AMLD and making them "obliged entities" will ensure better controls, ensuring that they apply customer due diligence and contribute to preventing money laundering and terrorist financing.

What is the difference between a virtual currency exchange platform and a virtual wallet provider?

Virtual currency exchange platforms can be considered as 'electronic' currency exchange offices that trade virtual currencies for real currencies (or so-called 'fiat' currencies, such as the euro). On the other hand, virtual currency custodian wallet providers hold virtual currency accounts on behalf of their customers (by providing virtual wallets from which payments in virtual currencies can be done or received). In the 'virtual currency' world, they are the equivalent of a bank or payment institution offering a payment account.

If you think about what that means, you should understand that there might be some problems for Heat even if it's just about crypto-currencies. But you even say there are "pending agreements" for implementing Fiat.

The Commission proposes to bring virtual currency exchange platforms and custodian wallet providers under the scope of the Anti-Money Laundering Directive
These developments last week have scared many people I know. I'm not worried, as it's something to be expected sooner or later. The fast track that AML implementations within EU now seem to take doesn't affect HEAT, for two reasons:

a) Fiat operations are only one part of HEAT's many focus points. Not marginal as they have great potential, but not overly significant either.
b) More importantly, we're prepared for compliance. We have national money transmitter license application pending, coordinated through a JV partner Fintech company that can't be disclosed yet. This license, when obtained, will enable fiat payments on tech that uses HEAT or a white-label implementation of it. We expect it to be feasible, if not plain right simple, to extend the license to EU wide operations.

1. And again: It's not just about Fiat but of course, Fiat is even harder.

2. And again: Lack of information. When there would be something you could say to raise trust there is something like "can't be disclosed yet". I don't criticize if you can't give all details. But I believe to see some red flags if there is too much talking while giving basically not really informations.

3. And what is a "national money transmitter license"? Or was it just a typo and you wanted to say "international"?

For me it looks as if this project needs to implement a "know-your-customer-system" to have chances in the EU?
KYC is not a problem. Our JV partner uses it all the time, and also FIMK is using government approved KYC in its basic income structure. We can deploy sufficient KYC procedures both technically and otherwise at any time to either our own operations, or the operations of a customer / partner.

That said, the HEAT token itself won't be needing KYC / identification any time soon. HEAT is a virtual currency, decentralized p2p ledger like any cryptocoin. The legislation concerning virtual currencies apply here. While I'm not a legal counsel I know that everyone is responsible for her own usage of a cryptocurrency - not the developer of the token.

Yes. It's not illegal to develop a cryptocurrency and there is no problem so far to use it as a user etc. But you want to build a decentralized exchange, including a multi-coin-wallet. And if you say: "KYC is not a problem. Our JV partner uses it all the time" - why do you want to develop a decentralized exchange? If it will be all connected to a central "JV - partner" to get things legal, one important point of decentralization is missing in my opinion. And maybe it's possible, I don't know. But if you plan something like a know-your-customer-impementation it's something you should speak about before in my eyes, instead just saying "we have a pending fiat agreement" without giving any infos about that. And really, I'm not sure what to believe because I'm not sure if you really know what this is about.

I mean: You even say you can really deploy sufficient "KYC" - infos about FIMK-Users. You are aware that the "C" stands for Customers? It's not about your informations as a company. And it's not just about IP's that download software like a wallet. It's about the real identities of Users. If you really can deploy that for FIMK-Users - that's kind of concerning for a cryptocurrency to say the least and I don't believe you can.  

I believe they will close all possible ways to go into or out of Crypto without them knowing pretty much about it - because but not just because they want their taxes.
I don't think that's the case. If it is however, then nothing will help. HEAT is as prepared as can be.

It already is the case that they regulate a lot of possible doors from Fiat into Crypto and back --> exchanges. And that seems to be true for all Fiat-exchanges nearly all over the world. And to say "Heat is as prepared as it can be" - that's just another claim. I don't see much where I believe you are prepared.

I need to think about the possibility that it will run into a lot of problems because of hard EU laws and will be illegal very soon - or already is illegal
I know the laws rather well. We've successfully pushed FIMK through two accounting periods, full reporting with the accountants whom I consulted to take the necessary measures to make it smooth. All without issues with the authorities for a nonprofit official organization that received 250 000 EUR in cruptocurrency funding. Not for the faint of heart.

HEAT Ledger is fully transparent, official limited company with reporting requirements fulfilled, constantly being advised by qualified accountants & legal team that helps us steer through the ICO & IPO phase. ICO and subsequent options release and IPO in a high bureaucracy EU country, the whole process sanctified by the government authorities. That's what we're doing.

I believe that you are mostly on the safe side regarding the ICO. As I said: That seems to be the priority, while there is no transparency for your potential ICO-Investors. There is no Whitepaper, there are no Informations about how to make Fiat possible, technically and legally. Even the Crypto-part is pretty much of a black whole - at least for me. For example: Why 25% the first 4 years while only 5% after that? And why PoS? PoS is a very weak design. Ethereum tries a lot to find a solution for the weaknesses of PoS with their Casper-plan, but I don't believe that will work out. But at least Ethereum is really transparent. They discuss those things openly and there were a lot of informations long before their ICO. Same with Factom. There was a whitepaper and reviews and Feedback and there was a Thread months before the ICO.

Heat: Nearly all important informations are missing. But an ICO.

If I believe that you guys maybe not really know how and if you can make this legal but already saying you will even implement Fiat and that there are pending agreements about that - how can that be possible?
The HEAT token itself is not fiat related. Fiat is done through a separate fintech company that will receive the license(s). I can only say we've gone to great lengths with our accountants and lawyers clarifying the required processes since starting this plan about 6 months ago. Legislation is a moving variable, however our team is staying on top of it. If you want to be invest in a crypto startup, the odds are you won't find a better setup anywhere in the Western world.

I hope this has eased your concerns. I'll attend to the token technicalities in the next message.

That are strong words for a project that asks for money without giving basic informations. You're not just saying that this will be a great project. It's already the best setup in the western world.

Let me tell you this: My criticism is not personal. But what I always focus on, besides the base idea (which I like) and the economical design (which I don't like) and the whitepaper (which is missing) -  is the team behind. I try to find out if they are honest. I try to find out if they are professionals. I try to find out if they are precise and skilled and where they see the priorities.

And what I believe is that you both are most likely good coders. I'm not, so I can't say much about that. But at least you show your faces and you have coding experience. But besides the lack of information and the impression that this ICO is pretty much rushed out, you told me about your partner that he has not the proper knowledge to reply on my questions - not even regarding the token. And man, there is one team with only two guys. And you both want money for a very ambitious project without revealing much infos -  and you want me (and readers) to believe that one of both has no proper knowledge about the basics of your own project? The thing is: I don't believe that you believe that. That's the reason for my impression that there could be some things you try not to reveal. But if you really should believe that your partner is not able to reply on such questions (what is the token for? - basics!), it's even worse.

Again, not meant personal. But I believe it becomes clear that I won't invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: