Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:33:52 PM

HEAT is leaning towards decentralized exchange. So our stance is that getting on Poloniex or any centralized exchange is far from being a single main focus of Heat Ledger Ltd. But like I said, there are many shades of gray between being the main focus, and complete lack of interest, and we acknowledge the market's needs.
Sounds not good. Your leaning towards decentralized exchanges can be much more effective when your coin has a significant market cap and trading volume. By getting on polo ASAP the chances for this are much higher.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:45:02 PM

I agree with durerus... At the moment no decentralized exchange has enough volume to propel this coin to the heights where it should be. So at first focus on big exchanges and then make your own decentralized exchange a success Wink

HEAT is leaning towards decentralized exchange. So our stance is that getting on Poloniex or any centralized exchange is far from being a single main focus of Heat Ledger Ltd. But like I said, there are many shades of gray between being the main focus, and complete lack of interest, and we acknowledge the market's needs.
Sounds not good. Your leaning towards decentralized exchanges can be much more effective when your coin has a significant market cap and trading volume. By getting on polo ASAP the chances for this are much higher.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Activity: 773

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 03:49:58 PM

leaning towards decentralized exchanges can be much more effective when your coin has a significant market cap and trading volume.
That's correct, so I'm not quite sure what's there that doesn't sound good, as I wrote:

we acknowledge the market's needs.
Poloniex listing will be worked towards.

The essence comes down to that Heat Ledger Ltd is blockchain software business, not Poloniex speculative play. Yet we're well experienced about the various focus points important for the crypto audience. If Poloniex wants to list us for feasible conditions after negotiations continue in the weeks ahead, great! If they don't want to do that, fine, HEAT is primed for success anyway as our value is elsewhere than one single exchange. Way or another, we respect their right to choose who they do business with, a right they have to continuously exercise as everyone wants to hang out with the most popular.

...which brings up back to the exciting finale of the HEAT ICO speculation Smiley

Total value of reserved ICO:
1,589.30 BTC
BTC: 577.69 (stage 2 until 658 BTC)
ETH: 15,880.60 (stage 2 until 16,125 ETH)
FIMK: 252,891,021 (stage 4 until 319,000,000 FIMK)
NXT: 6,219,225 (stage 2 until 7,750,000 NXT)

Price stage 3 imminently coming in for Eth. BTC not far behind, like NXT.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ████      ████      ████████████          █████        ████████████████  
   ████      ████      ████                ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████        ████ ████            ████        
   ██████████████      ████████████      ████     ████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████              █████████████          ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    █████████████████        ████        
   ████      ████      ████████████    ████         ████        ████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

██      ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██    ██  ██      ██   ██
              ██      ██████  ██   ██  ██  ▄▄▄   ██████  ██████
              ██      ██      ██   ██  ██  ▀▀██  ██      ██   ██
              ██████  ██████  ██████    ██████   ██████  ██   ██

durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:59:10 PM

If Poloniex wants to list us for feasible conditions...
Is there/will there be a non disclosure agreement on how much money they want to list HEAT?
If not, would you ask the community whether they want to pay with donations to get this done instead of just making the centralized and clandestine decision of saying No to polo?
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 04:09:12 PM

Is there/will there be a non disclosure agreement on how much money they want to list HEAT?
Usually it's a code of business conduct such details, especially if custom made, remain between the participants.
would you ask the community whether they want to pay with donations to get this done
Let's see. There are sides to that, business asking for donations isn't necessarily the best way to conduct business. I also suspect if the price is too high for us it's too high for the community. Chances are however it'll be resolved before such a point.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:18:11 PM

leaning towards decentralized exchanges can be much more effective when your coin has a significant market cap and trading volume.
That's correct, so I'm not quite sure what's there that doesn't sound good, as I wrote:

we acknowledge the market's needs.
Poloniex listing will be worked towards.

The essence comes down to that Heat Ledger Ltd is blockchain software business, not Poloniex speculative play. Yet we're well experienced about the various focus points important for the crypto audience. If Poloniex wants to list us for feasible conditions after negotiations continue in the weeks ahead, great! If they don't want to do that, fine, HEAT is primed for success anyway as our value is elsewhere than one single exchange. Way or another, we respect their right to choose who they do business with, a right they have to continuously exercise as everyone wants to hang out with the most popular.

...which brings up back to the exciting finale of the HEAT ICO speculation Smiley

Total value of reserved ICO:
1,589.30 BTC
BTC: 577.69 (stage 2 until 658 BTC)
ETH: 15,880.60 (stage 2 until 16,125 ETH)
FIMK: 252,891,021 (stage 4 until 319,000,000 FIMK)
NXT: 6,219,225 (stage 2 until 7,750,000 NXT)

Price stage 3 imminently coming in for Eth. BTC not far behind, like NXT.

Not sure if you mean money when you say "If Poloniex wants to list us for feasible conditions (...)", but they don't want that.

These are their conditions:

How can I get a coin listed on Poloniex?

You can submit your request using our Coin Request Form.

Poloniex reviews coin submissions and makes decisions based on several criteria. Where applicable, a coin must have:
A block explorer
A website
A unique genesis block
A compiled wallet

We also conduct a thorough code review before a coin is added on our exchange. In addition, we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and above all else, innovation. If you feel your coin is truly innovative, we want to hear about it. Poloniex never requests payments to list coins.

If you are contacted by any party soliciting payments while claiming to represent Poloniex, please notify us at immediately.

https://poloniex.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000229325-how-can-i-get-a-coin-listed-on-poloniex-
Kazadar

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:18:44 PM

I dont understand why people are so obsessed with Polo. Personally I like Kraken better.

Polo does have a high trade volume but most is from a handful of coins, so getting on Polo is no guarantee that there would be significant HEAT trade.

I am not saying that getting on Polo would be a bad thing, but I dont think it should be the main goal for any and all coins.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:25:34 PM

I dont understand why people are so obsessed with Polo. Personally I like Kraken better.

Polo does have a high trade volume but most is from a handful of coins, so getting on Polo is no guarantee that there would be significant HEAT trade.

I am not saying that getting on Polo would be a bad thing, but I dont think it should be the main goal for any and all coins.

The ICO's I watched the last months were:

- Lisk
- Rise
- Waves
- DAO

DAO failed and is done, so we can exclude it.

Lisk was added to Polo and never went below ICO-price and it was the only ICO I ever bought into.

Rise and Waves were not added on Polo and if I'm right they are below ICO-price. Not sure what is cause and what is effect but not to get on Polo is never a good sign.

Kazadar

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:42:49 PM

- Lisk
- Rise
- Waves
- DAO

Lisk was added to Polo and never went below ICO-price and it was the only ICO I ever bought into.

Rise and Waves were not added on Polo and if I'm right they are below ICO-price. Not sure what is cause and what is effect but not to get on Polo is never a good sign.
But the DAO was on Polo and always traded under ICO price compared to ETH.

I never really followed Waves and Rise as I decided I didnt want to invest in those, but I have seen claims that the devs of Waves did dump a large amount of coins which is never a good sign.
I have also made huge gains on coins not on Polo.

All I am saying is that there are a lot more to it than just getting on Polo.
If HEAT gets succesful on other exchanges there is no reason why I couldnt be added to Polo later. I only see it as a problem if you want to dump the coins right after the ICO then Polo might be good.

Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 04:49:42 PM

These are their conditions
That's the official side, the reassuring standard customers like to see.

I wasn't talking about money outright. The real conditions come case by case, based on the free choice of every exchange operator deciding what coins they list and what not.

It's just natural. Business takes place behind the scenes and involves not only money but human relations and longer term business plans. Not every cryptocurrency fits the plans and maybe confidential partnership ventures that businesses have in place.

Implicating Waves and Rise are crap because they're not on Polo isn't very sustainable in my opinion. Maybe it's true and there's something to them that Poloniex knows and we don't. Or maybe there's nothing wrong with Waves and Rise but listing them doesn't fit Poloniex's image, business, or something else.

Polo won't be the favorite choice forever. Empires come and go. Not sure if it's the favorite right now for real business. Crypto only exchanges have quite a bit more risk than those working with fiat, or certainly the decentralized ones that are coming.

In any case, HEAT is better positioned than our competitors because we'll have the Poloniex-like exchange, if it makes you feel better Cheesy right on your face when you start the HEAT client.

And for the HEAT exchange, any developers / business will be able to list their cryptocurrency without trying to please the operator of the exchange. Nice no?

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:56:50 PM

- Lisk
- Rise
- Waves
- DAO

But the DAO was on Polo and always traded under ICO price compared to ETH.

I never really followed Waves and Rise as I decided I didnt want to invest in those, but I have seen claims that the devs of Waves did dump a large amount of coins which is never a good sign.
I have also made huge gains on coins not on Polo.

All I am saying is that there are a lot more to it than just getting on Polo.
If HEAT gets succesful on other exchanges there is no reason why I couldnt be added to Polo later. I only see it as a problem if you want to dump the coins right after the ICO then Polo might be good.

DAO was a total fail, even before the hack. People were naive to believe it could trade above ICO-price and there was a lot of self-buying and so on.

Basically I agree with what you say, but Polo is not just important if it's about dumping ICO-coins. It's true that in the end it's always about the quality of a project, but some projects are more dependent on the market than others. I consider Heat as more dependent because they plan to do other Investment-rounds if I understand it correctly. Positive reactions on the market would bring more attention and more incentive to give them more money and Polo gives volume, attention and also some credibility because they have standards - even if they failed with TheDAO and also have a bag of shitcoins from the past.

Or the other way around if it should fall below ICO-price and get not that much attention. Potential Investors would most likely step back then. So it shouldn't be underestimated.  
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:58:50 PM

Implicating Waves and Rise are crap because they're not on Polo isn't very sustainable in my opinion. 

Implicating that I implicated that is not very sustainable in my opinion.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 05:11:50 PM

We pulled the rest of price level 2 Eth stakes from C-CEX orderbook in preparation of transition to Level 3 and giving go-ahead for the final ~7 hrs of promotion.

If you want in at level 2 with Eth, there's not long left.

Kazadar

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:28:10 PM

DAO was a total fail, even before the hack. People were naive to believe it could trade above ICO-price and there was a lot of self-buying and so on.

Basically I agree with what you say, but Polo is not just important if it's about dumping ICO-coins. It's true that in the end it's always about the quality of a project, but some projects are more dependent on the market than others. I consider Heat as more dependent because they plan to do other Investment-rounds if I understand it correctly. Positive reactions on the market would bring more attention and more incentive to give them more money and Polo gives volume, attention and also some credibility because they have standards - even if they failed with TheDAO and also have a bag of shitcoins from the past.

Or the other way around if it should fall below ICO-price and get not that much attention. Potential Investors would most likely step back then. So it shouldn't be underestimated.  
The second round will be in stock so wont be on Polo in any case. Also I dont know how many crypto investors also deal in stock trade. I know some crypto investors would be very much against investing in stocks.
I dont think doing an ICO then an IPO has been attempted before so there is no real way of knowing which type of investors will be the main participants in the IPO.

Crypto_FreeMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:33:03 PM

polo don't have high trade volume lol said this for 50k-100k btc every day trades................. compare to finex or bistamp 6-10k
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:37:27 PM

The second round will be in stock so wont be on Polo in any case. Also I dont know how many crypto investors also deal in stock trade. I know some crypto investors would be very much against investing in stocks.
I dont think doing an ICO then an IPO has been attempted before so there is no real way of knowing which type of investors will be the main participants in the IPO.

Of course it's about Crypto-Investors. Heat won't be a big topic on the NYSE. And any serious Investor also looks at market reactions. And if a lot of those who participated in the ICO would pay with Heat-tokens for shares it's not that hard to figure out what will happen to the price if the team needs money - they would have to sell of course. That's also something the market would anticipate. Everything else would be naive.

But we will see.
Eliphaz Fimk (OP)

Heatledger.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 06:14:12 PM

And if a lot of those who participated in the ICO would pay with Heat-tokens for shares it's not that hard to figure out what will happen to the price if the team needs money - they would have to sell of course.
Company stock can't be purchased with HEAT tokens, just EUR. HEAT tokens earn options for shares - which means increased demand prior to the share release. Subsequent sales pressure after the options are used can't be estimated properly, but based on experience from traditional markets isn't expected to be significant. A lot of course depends on the rates HEAT is traded at, and the success of the IPO. The interdependence of these two is also hard to estimate, some fintech investors may discount crypto speculation games largely as they consider the value of the company is elsewhere.

Unfortunately no NYSE yet in 2016 Wink

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 07:07:04 PM

And if a lot of those who participated in the ICO would pay with Heat-tokens for shares it's not that hard to figure out what will happen to the price if the team needs money - they would have to sell of course.
Company stock can't be purchased with HEAT tokens, just EUR. HEAT tokens earn options for shares - which means increased demand prior to the share release. Subsequent sales pressure after the options are used can't be estimated properly, but based on experience from traditional markets isn't expected to be significant. A lot of course depends on the rates HEAT is traded at, and the success of the IPO. The interdependence of these two is also hard to estimate, some fintech investors may discount crypto speculation games largely as they consider the value of the company is elsewhere.

Unfortunately no NYSE yet in 2016 Wink

Ah, okay. I believed Heat-token also could be a payment for Shares.
ccedk_pr

Activity: 1064
Merit: 509

https://dex.openledger.io/ Truly Decentralized

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2016, 08:47:31 PM

Just a few more hours you can buy HEAT from ICO!

HEAT’s ‘Crowdfunding 3.0’ Is Coming to A Close

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2016/08/heats-crowdfunding-3-0-is-coming-to-a-close/

Choose the option and go!

You can buy it directly from official website http://heatledger.com/ico.htm

Or subscribe for HEAT ICO on CCEDK site following link https://www.ccedk.com/ico/heat for the necessary instructions if new to OpenLedger.

You can trade HEAT immediately on OpenLedger. If already a user you may send your funds directly to: ico.openledger account mentioning in memo: HEAT

Read HEAT White Paper here.
IlluminatiGoldMember

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:59:22 PM

You can trade HEAT immediately on OpenLedger. If already a user you may send your funds directly to: ico.openledger account mentioning in memo: HEAT

Trade immediately?

How does that work?

Can investors that bought their HEAT elsewhere also trade HEAT on CCEDK (immediately ?)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: