Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban newbies and jr members from loan section  (Read 498 times)
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 07:43:10 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 08:01:55 AM by helloeverybody

i remember a similar thread to the one ive made here a few months ago but i see this as a pressing matter that needs to be highlighted again.

I decided to give lending another shot but after going into the loans section it took me most of my time sifting through post after post of newbie and jr members asking for ridiculous loan amounts. i think last trime this came up i may have been against banning them from that section because they could come up with valid collateral but out of all the ones ive just had to go through looking to give a loan not one of them had valid collateral . They are all just out trying to scam. Why not just put an account limit on this section? It would clean it up so much and make providing loans so much easier.

Ive managed to dig up these previous threads. Surely this is evidence that its something the community wants?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1270583.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1147008.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1297180.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234051.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 07:45:41 AM

Been suggested before, more than once, but nothing has been done.

I don't think anything will be this time
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:01:51 AM

You could have newbies trying to lend.
You could have newbies trying to borrow with valid collateral.

That said, nobody will be any poorer if newbies are banned from the loan section.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 08:05:45 AM

You could have newbies trying to lend.
You could have newbies trying to borrow with valid collateral.

That said, nobody will be any poorer if newbies are banned from the loan section.

You could have newbies lending but we have more than enough member lending that if a newb wants to then they can just rank up their account over a few months. I mean if someone gives their account to a nebie for a loan with no escrow then chances are they were sellig atht account and not wanting a loan.

I have only very rarely ever seen a newbie account offer valid collateral, in fact i dont think i actually have.  I beleive it would be in the communitys interest not allowing them to spam the lending section with their obscene loan amounts .

lenoli

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:09:59 AM

most of them are so irresponsible and  dishonest, that they will post in other sections. it will be good if just ban newbies for asking loans without collateral.

also there are some newbies, witch are asking with valid collateral and for them, it will be very bad to forbid asking
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:14:14 AM

Negative trust for newbies asking loans without collateral should have been a deterrent, but it isn't.
This measure could clean up the section a bit, but I think the mods view is different.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 04:04:31 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2016, 04:55:47 PM by actmyname

It also feels like 98% of all of the long-term offers topics are absolutely terrible attempts at scams, and more than half of them are made by fresh accounts.

Perhaps instead of banning newbies from the main loan section, you ban them from the long-term offers subsection? The thing is, this also applies to the Securities section (which is, when offered by newbies, the same as an investor-based games topic). I don't know.

It just seems like because of the constant amount of scam attempts, the REAL newbies don't get a chance.

Oh, and another thing: these newbie threads can be home to lots of sig spamming for: "you need collateral" 5 times by different people or "nobody will give you this loan"

helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 04:46:15 PM

It also feels like 98% of all of the long-term offers topics are absolutely terrible attempts at scams, and more than half of them are made by fresh accounts.

Perhaps instead of banning newbies from the main loan section, you ban them from the long-term offers subsection? The thing is, this also applies to the Securities section (which is, when offered by newbies, the same as an investor-based games topic). I don't know.

It just seems like because of the constant amount of scam attempts, the REAL newbies don't get a chance.

Honestly its at the point where i cant be bothered offering any loans because ive got to wade through thread after thread of newbies wanting loans that arent going to happen. Everyone of the newbies i see are just trying to scam bitcoin, Id like someone to be able to post a legitimate transactions thats happened between a newbie and a lender, I doubt there are any and if not then why even bother letting them clog up the whole lending section?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 07:03:43 PM

The only reason the loan section exists is for newbies to attempt to scam and the old guard to sneer at them in a prolonged and intense manner. Remove the newcomers and the sport grinds to a halt and people will be bereft.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

People may be new to this forum but still have a legitimate need and legitimate collateral.  For this reason, we should not ban new people from using the service.

As a community, we just need to provide a united front that collateral is required.  If everyone stands together on this, scammers will always be rejected.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: