Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Tradehill is back  (Read 11124 times)
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:51:50 PM

I think probably I have some bitcoins and some NMC coins on tradehill platform, so I am wondering whether I can get them back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 04:53:57 PM

I think probably I have some bitcoins and some NMC coins on tradehill platform, so I am wondering whether I can get them back.

Shoot me an email at claim@tradehill.com and I'll take a look. I don't believe we ever traded NMC though.

Paying back:  Most of the clients have been paid back. If you haven't gotten paid back send an email to claim@tradehill.com
I still get people that simply hadn't checked it in a year etc  I've got funds and I'm using them to make people whole.

I'm one of your former clients who had a small amount of USD left in my account when you closed.
I can't remember the exact amount but it was less than $100. Still, I would like to have it back.

Do you still have details of my former account?
All the info I have is my account login and password.

I'll check it and send a check to a US address.
email claim@tradehill.com

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:24:52 PM

Could you bring back MyBitCoin too?  They owe me 4 bitcoins.
MarlboroMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 08:33:30 PM

My advice is, do not use tradehill they are scammer imo.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 08:45:08 PM

It's actually kinda dumb to scam relatively rich people, and as the thread indicates, these folks are the highest priority for the re-boot of Tradehill.  Many people with real money tend to have the potential to achieve what they want to achieve (else they would not have gotten rich) and also have the resources to deploy in various efforts.  Besides, if one manages to obtain a portion of the high-end market share in the Bitcoin exchange space at this time, one could possibly do pretty well being on the up-and-up.

But I'd be interested to hear the basis of 'yo'.  If you have an interesting one at least.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 09:01:59 PM

It's actually kinda dumb to scam relatively rich people, and as the thread indicates, these folks are the highest priority for the re-boot of Tradehill.  Many people with real money tend to have the potential to achieve what they want to achieve (else they would not have gotten rich) and also have the resources to deploy in various efforts.  Besides, if one manages to obtain a portion of the high-end market share in the Bitcoin exchange space at this time, one could possibly do pretty well being on the up-and-up.

But I'd be interested to hear the basis of 'yo'.  If you have an interesting one at least.

What about liquidity. Cutting off the small players from the set go seems a little bit of a risky way to get started again. Or perhaps not - at least heavy marketing is needed to achive liquidity on such an exchange.

Would it not be better to run two exchanges then, with one for the 'normal folks', then another one that feeds off the liquidity of the first exchange, but has extra premium customer service/brokers that I guess rich people like to have ?
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:24:31 PM

What about liquidity. Cutting off the small players from the set go seems a little bit of a risky way to get started again. Or perhaps not - at least heavy marketing is needed to achive liquidity on such an exchange.

Would it not be better to run two exchanges then, with one for the 'normal folks', then another one that feeds off the liquidity of the first exchange, but has extra premium customer service/brokers that I guess rich people like to have ?

Good question.  Of course I cannot speak for Tradehill-II (and probably should not be spamming their thread) but my personal opinion is that there is no reason why large-cap speculators won't be selling as much as they are buying when things reach a steady state.  And it's also more than likely that arbitrage will crop up any time there is an opportunity there which would siphon liquidity to wherever it is needed.

Anyway, as more vendors accept BTC the BTC flow would probably be outward from exchanges to small fry, then be combined by payment processors and put back on the market in larger chunks.  Again, just my guesses about how things will evolve over the near-to-mid term.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
eof

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:29:35 AM

I'm on the fence, but leaning toward you all. What's paramount is that all those who are owed money from the past get paid.

Good luck, guys.

~Bruno K~

I can confirm that Jered paid back a 25btc account after a year or more of just sitting idle.  This was only a couple weeks ago, and I asked him during that process if Tradehill was coming back and he said he could not confirm nor deny; glad it is confirmed.

I really respect that everyone has been paid; and I suspect the few who haven't will be.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:04:53 PM

Very nice, looking forward to seeing LTC Smiley

We'll take a good look at it and make a decision before too long.
We spent a lot of time preparing for this from a legal / tech perspective so we'll be able to add features quickly.

Jered

Welcome back! Seems that starting with hedge fund type clients is a good way to go, if they & the US regulators are happy with your set up this time then I expect it will be extremely secure for smaller traders/investors when you open up for them as well.

LTC  too please ~  "They're Gr-r-reat!" Tongue

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
bzzard

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 04:37:18 AM

Can't find any info on the public API. Do you guys have one already?
I was just planning to add Tradehill to BTCCharts but I don't see any trades API. Let me know when there's one avaliable.

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 10:41:16 PM

Trid to sign up but I received the message: "We were not able to create your account."

What are your requirements for a business? Is being registered as an LLC enough?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:55:06 PM

Trid to sign up but I received the message: "We were not able to create your account."

What are your requirements for a business? Is being registered as an LLC enough?

My best guess is that you have to demonstrate significant financial means.  Maybe over $1,000,000 net worth to fiddle around with.  Either I didn't make the cut or they are not doing business yet.  Dunno.  I've not heard anything back.  I'll likely be inserting 1000 BTC of liquidity into the markets in the next few years, and it will probably be either through Tradehill or Coinlab, but I'm probably still a bad customer since I don't like to trade (even getting nicked for 0.2% makes me feel like a fool.)

Maybe you'll find a pallet of $20's over there and will be able to play ball in the new Bitcoin league Smiley

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 12:42:42 AM

No. All the equity owners must be accredited investors, the business must be an investment company, or assets have to exceed $5 million. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:03:48 AM

No. All the equity owners must be accredited investors, the business must be an investment company, or assets have to exceed $5 million. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm

Thx Joel.  To bad Tradehill didn't see fit to provide that link.  At least that I noticed.  I suppose this is why Coinlab is also fairly mute to most mortals as well and why I continue to be directed to Mt. Gox in spite of my distinctly North American IP.

I didn't factor in the appreciation of my BTC hoard when I did the accredited investor calcs, and earning as little money in 2013 as possible is very much by design.  I probably am a little butt-hurt about not making the cut I suppose, but I was always luke-warm about cashing out through highly monitored channels anyway.  If my financial trail becomes harder for 'them' to track they'll have their own actions to blame I guess.  And whatever pangs of nefariousness I might feel in various financial activities will be greatly diminished in my mind.

BTW, anyone who wants to do an in-person deal for 5-fig (equiv in cash, gold, silver, ammo, interesting machinery, etc) at around $150/BTC lemme know.  I'll be selling a pinch of BTC around there by my current plan.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 01:19:58 AM

Glad to see you back. I might take a look at your services.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 06:14:55 AM

Huh?

TradeHill paid back every single one of their account holders when they shut down.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 01:22:05 PM

Huh?

TradeHill paid back every single one of their account holders when they shut down.

No they didn't.  Read the OP.

For balance claims on the original Tradehill please email: claim@tradehill.com

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 02:43:20 PM

Huh?

No they didn't.  Read the OP.

For balance claims on the original Tradehill please email: claim@tradehill.com
We're seriously faulting Tradehill for not paying back people who didn't contact them to make payment arrangements? What were they supposed to do, enclose dollars in an email?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 07:43:16 PM

I'm not faulting anyone.  Just pointing how the statement "TradeHill paid back every single one of their account holders when they shut down." was incorrect.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 07:55:05 PM

Huh?

No they did not. For that matter they are to this day one of the largest scams in BTC.

That people from the mostly irrelevant foundation thingie are promoting them is concerning, but only if you subscribe to the minority view that the thing carries any weight or importance. Much like the foundation's involvement in the Bitcoin Magazine theft/conversion thing, much like their appaling accounting practices on the donations collected (which apparently are chiefly used for the purpose of floating old boy's Vessenes' otherwise hopeless "business" with some emergency BTC capital), this recent propping of one of Bitcoin's largest scams/more notorious scammer's return simply serves to ruin their already tenuous reputations.

To be perfectly clear: Jared Kenna lied about Dwolla, ran off with a lot of money, used that money to build some real estate development (in partnership with a different set of scammers, the Jonathan Ryan Owens, Alberto Armandi, Meni Rosenfeld troop), is now back like any scammer ever trying to dig himself out of the hole with incredible cheek and pennies on the Bitcoin.

This won't wash, incidentally. Not only is using Tradehill plain immoral at this point, but you can be sure that as far as it can be helped any mark they ever come across with this more recent scam of theirs will be properly warned.

On a more general note: stop trying to scam the angel/va circuit with magical Bitcoin, all of you. It gives us a bad name in general, it won't work for you in particular. It's just NOT how success is done.

What's next for Chrissakes, "our good friend with blood sweat and tears Tom" returning from the dead? What's that scheduled for, January 2014?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: