Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Tradehill is back  (Read 11136 times)
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:02:01 PM

Anyone know if they are really trading at $130 right now? If so then some of us need to gather up our funds and register as a small investment company to register and rape them with the exchange because there is some arbitrage to be had.

Right, right. Just like all the people waiting for their money back in this thread "raped" them.

I do hope they do the right thing and pay back those that they owe.

But on another note, why is your ignore button gold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:31:35 AM

I do hope they do the right thing and pay back those that they owe.

But on another note, why is your ignore button gold?

It sounds like Erik fucked up. I think he should just take responsibility for the mistake, apologize, and move on. This will damage his reputation for further issues.

It's funny when people with no shred of a reputation are discussing the reputations of others.

It sounds like Erik fucked up. I think he should just take responsibility for the mistake, apologize, and move on. This will damage his reputation for further issues.

No one messed up anything, and afaik most investors are happy as clams with SDICE. Maybe some are just pissed they don't have the capital and awareness to be agile in this market?

Either way, this turned into a boring troll slap fight.

Basically the whole story here is this: back in the days of the Global Scam Exchange, an assortment of scammers and idiots which I won't bother to name were very happy because a) they got to act as if they actually were investors, bankers and so forth and b) they made BTC. Bona fide investors were not at all happy, because they lost oodles of BTC. The conversion process used is particularly ineffective, for every Bitcoin scammed from investors people like Meni Rosenfeld, Kludge, or Patrick Harnett made maybe a cent or less. Some people did make a decent fraction, some still mine to this day on the farms their dupes bought them.

Then MPEx came to the scene, and the gravy train abruptly halted on all scores. Not only did the various scammers get to be called out and quite publicly at that, not only did dysfunctional "business models" get laughed out of town, not only are the idiots under the daily pressure of being called idiots, with ample and incontrovertible documentation of every move they make, but - worst pain of all - the investors are nowhere in sight. Because given a chance, an investor would rather be an investor than a dupe. Some "bond offering" that could collect 40k BTC no questions asked last spring and promptly evaporate half of the shareholder equity within six months can barely take in enough to cover outgoings this spring. Of course this burns the underclass of scammers & idiots: they don't get free BTC and attention anymore? Bawwwww.

They have correctly pinned the cause of their current plight on MPEx generally, on MP personally and as far as the messaging goes, on me. It's a fact: the reason they're fucked atm is exactly MPEx, MP and, at least on this forum, me. They are incorrectly trying to remedy this by attacking a combination of the three. Unfortunately for all of them it doesn't really matter how much time and effort they expend in the ultimately doomed attempt to convince "the public" that their executioner "is evil". In fact the only probable result of all that expenditure is their more thorough discreditation.

To quote MP himself,

And more generally, a notice to all the scumbags circling BTC : I don't care that you're poor, I don't care if you're desperate, I don't care if you're 'Ndrangheta or the Gambinos or the Bonanos or the Russians or whoever the fuck else. Pack it and move. This is your only warning, and quite frankly I have no ideea why warnings are even necessary. Bitcoin is not for idiots. That means you.

That's the whole story. Idiots and scammers can no longer make it in BTC. The days when they had the run of the town are over, and are never coming back. Professionalism, competence, obedience and discipline are the values of Bitcoin in 2013. We're done dicking around with this toy based "on maffs" where "like, man, everything's possible right?"

Time to get to work.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
wax

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:07:34 AM

... And more generally, a notice to all the scumbags circling BTC : I don't care that you're poor, I don't care if you're desperate, I don't care if you're 'Ndrangheta or the Gambinos or the Bonanos or the Russians or whoever the fuck else. Pack it and move. This is your only warning, and quite frankly I have no ideea why warnings are even necessary. Bitcoin is not for idiots. That means you.

That's the whole story. Idiots and scammers can no longer make it in BTC. The days when they had the run of the town are over, and are never coming back. Professionalism, competence, obedience and discipline are the values of Bitcoin in 2013. We're done dicking around with this toy based "on maffs" where "like, man, everything's possible right?"

Time to get to work.

Would you mind expanding on "obedience"? In the context of a decentralized currency, it seems a tad dramatic.

While I'm here, allow me to save you some time by preemptively accepting your elitism:

Insult, insult, low post count, don't "get it", OTC, not invited to the club, etc.
Accepted.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:41:09 AM

Would you mind expanding on "obedience"? In the context of a decentralized currency, it seems a tad dramatic.

It is a tad dramatic. People develop blind spots, if you call it discipline nobody even notices it's there. Irrespective of that, as a general rule the more degrees of freedom in a system the more self limiting is required to get anywhere.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:32:02 PM

Oh look, someone involved with another competing exchange bad-mouthing another.

How unexpected.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:33:45 PM

They still are refusing to return the $ and btc from my acct. but they invited me to join their new service. 
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:48:33 PM

They still are refusing to return the $ and btc from my acct. but they invited me to join their new service. 

Funny.  They returned all my funds upon Tradehill-I shutdown, but won't let me join their new service.  Shrug.

---

I theorize that there will be a certain number of people who would see an opportunity to potentially squeeze some entity in Tradehill's position by inventing a deficit and crowing about it in hopes that it would be worth Tradehill's money to pay them off just to shut them up. 
I'm certainly not accusing you of being one of these, but I would expect there to be some crawling out of the woodwork.

I also suspect that there will be some instance where either Tradehill, or the customer, or both got confused or had legitimate differences of opinion on accounts.

It is also not a dis-proven hypothesis that Tradehill could have simply reached into the cookie jar and are indeed crooks.  My personal experience did not indicate this, but YMMV.

Tradehill-I always made it possible to receive a nice report of my trading activity, and I took advantage of it and retain it on file.  I also, of course, have records of all my wire transfers and the check they cut me to square up when they shut down.  If they had screwed me, I'd have turned to the legal system with this data.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:51:07 PM

How unexpected.

Are you thick? I mean seriously, if you take one of those intelligence tests, do you come out slightly under normal?

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

How unexpected.

Are you thick? I mean seriously, if you take one of those intelligence tests, do you come out slightly under normal?

Nice, got anything that doesn't resemble a poorly-coded markov chain?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:09:50 AM

Funny.  They returned all my funds upon Tradehill-I shutdown, but won't let me join their new service.  Shrug.

---

I theorize that there will be a certain number of people who would see an opportunity to potentially squeeze some entity in Tradehill's position by inventing a deficit and crowing about it in hopes that it would be worth Tradehill's money to pay them off just to shut them up. 
I'm certainly not accusing you of being one of these, but I would expect there to be some crawling out of the woodwork.

I also suspect that there will be some instance where either Tradehill, or the customer, or both got confused or had legitimate differences of opinion on accounts.

It is also not a dis-proven hypothesis that Tradehill could have simply reached into the cookie jar and are indeed crooks.  My personal experience did not indicate this, but YMMV.

Tradehill-I always made it possible to receive a nice report of my trading activity, and I took advantage of it and retain it on file.  I also, of course, have records of all my wire transfers and the check they cut me to square up when they shut down.  If they had screwed me, I'd have turned to the legal system with this data.

It's relatively easy to compile and publish a coded database identifying the accounts that were active at the time of shutdown along with an indicator on each one of whether or not its contents have been returned to its owner.  for example, a hash of the email address and password could be used as the key.  They could provide instructions on how to generate the key so that anyone can examine it and make sure their account is in the list.  This is the only viable way I see for the TH folks to prove that they are acting in good faith regarding TH1.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:55:06 AM

Tradehill is still keeping mum about my money and btc.  I gave them all my account info including my email receipt of the dwolla deposits, but after that, they have yet to reply in 2 months.  It is not like I have been abusing them or anything like that, I have only send them / jered kenna short messages once a week to remind them that they promised to return my account funds once I provide them with the info. 
isnowblind

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:46:19 PM

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I am still waiting for my funds to be returned by Tradehill #1 / Jered Kenna. About 6 months ago I sent an email to tradehill, Jered responded, confirmed my account balance and requested a BTC address so he could send the funds. I was hopeful, however he never sent the BTC funds to the address I provided him. I have sent multiple gentle 'reminder' emails to both his address and the info address.

Has anyone heard from him or received funds recently?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: