Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we collect alt coins?  (Read 1208 times)
@prashant (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:24:21 PM

I strongly recomend to do so,who knows when the table flip upside down.i still regret that i didnt except 20 btc when it was in its progressive state.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:30:14 PM

Yes of course, i collect ethereum because it is has high volume, high fluctuating and many people trade on this coin and my opinion some time ethereum will going up more than today.
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2016, 04:47:38 PM

Diversification is important in any type of investment rather than have all your eggs in one basket.  Just don't diversify too much.  Spread your investments over two or 3 or so of the top coins as well as Bitcoin.  Not necessarily all of the top ones - pick just a few of your favourites, for example for me I like Litecoin and Dash a lot.  Then have a little invested in one or two of the smaller or higher risk coins for high risk/reward ratio. 

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
Mokuton

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:05:12 PM

Pick up the high volume ones that you are interested in. Monitor them and wait for a good time to buy like when there is FUD and dumping and patiently wait for the pump  Smiley
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 06:11:38 PM

Yes it is always wise decision to deviate your crypto holding between bitcoin and other alts but we have to carefull on not buying any alts in peak price which used to not have high volume normally.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:05:15 PM

yeah, it's definitely a good idea.
it's pretty cheap to buy new coins and if the project is good you have a good chance to make a lot profit.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:10:35 PM

Don't forget to save the blockchain as you'll need to restart it for 99.9% of all of them in a year.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
SANALIU

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:45:16 AM

iam collect alt coin, is much altcoin iam collect, etherum litecoin, dogecoin and etc,
you can recommended for me , where is much coin collect free altcoin
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 05:17:12 AM

There are a lot of money to be made trading and mining altcoins you just need to know what altcoins are worth investing and when you are going to sell it and when is the right time to mine it,thousands of people are doing these and they can attest that they are indeed making money..

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 06:17:38 AM

Its handy to collect some altcoins but if you decide to go down that road then i would highly recommend you keep a track of which altcoins you hold. You could end up bag holding many dead coins which most people on here already do, one coin that seems very successful for example the dao or ethereum can be up at stellar prices and the next thing you know is worth nothing. keep an eye on them close enough and you can get out before losing too much.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:27:53 AM

I think any of the first 50 alts will eventually become collectible perhaps even the first 100. I would like to get some of the early ones i missed but no longer function.

janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:59:32 AM

I strongly recomend to do so,who knows when the table flip upside down.i still regret that i didnt except 20 btc when it was in its progressive state.

Very agreed with that bold opinion. Until now i'm still holding and collect by re-buy alt coins which i think those will has big value in the future.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:14:58 AM

It depends which alt coins. There is a huge difference in  between the very well known coins generating large volumes on the main exchanges and crap/shitcoins who are hopeless.
Investing in alt coins at the moment? no doubt! But only where there is potential.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 07:37:29 AM

Monero all the way. But there's one gem too, read about it in my signature.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
@prashant (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:47:43 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. and plz link me some good alt coins giving website or post on new alt coin.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:55:08 PM

Invest in projects with goals you believe in. I'm not going to suggest anything specific here, lest I be accused of shilling, but try to avoid the coins that need huge capitalizations for development. Bitcoin was developed on a shoestring, and look where we turned out  Grin recognize the projects with vision from the ones that are blatant cash grabs. Usually, marketing is the clue.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:29:43 PM

Lisk is a good opportunity.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:07:52 PM

Yes of course, i collect ethereum because it is has high volume, high fluctuating and many people trade on this coin and my opinion some time ethereum will going up more than today.

Yeah, ETH is a great investment. In my point of view. It is the best altcoin and potentially it can even match bitcoin in terms of usage and popularity. Just give it some time to fix all the bugs and etc.. and lets see what it'll be in the future. It is like a "Bud blooming into a Flower".

Invest in projects with goals you believe in. I'm not going to suggest anything specific here, lest I be accused of shilling, but try to avoid the coins that need huge capitalizations for development. Bitcoin was developed on a shoestring, and look where we turned out  Grin recognize the projects with vision from the ones that are blatant cash grabs. Usually, marketing is the clue.

Yeah, many are not considering if the coin has its foundation or if it can last. They are just buying what's hot or popular without considering these things. And I think this is why new traders are loosing their BTC because they do not reseach or even message the developer for his plans to his projects and etc... Right now Im holding altcoins and waiting for its price to pump and then im going to sell it to have a decent profit.
apep123

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:38:54 PM

What were you offered 20 BTC for, I saw people were offered thngs like 5 BTC for a sword in an MMO and stuff a few years back.

I like the miricle Altcoins,  where 0-$100 will bring you a small fortune in a year or two.  Need to get in on the ground floor- or basement- with those though.  Any Alt that seems to have gone through the zero to hero stage will not get you more than a measly 10x to 100x at best.
staff_1307

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:48:54 PM

yeah, it's a good idea. thx
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: