Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2017, 03:44:32 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic:                                                                           Gulden  (Read 72705 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nickelback65

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:57:08 AM

NB!  Just for those who it is not 100% clear too.

When you upgrade an old wallet (from 1.5.5 or prior) - there is a "Legacy" account with a special icon next to it, this is a special non-HD account that is -not- part of your recovery phrase.
All other accounts are HD and are part of your recovery phrase.

It is highly recommended that you write down your recovery phrase (under the backup dialog) and then move all of your funds -out- of the legacy account and into a HD account where they are safer and can always be recovered using the phrase.

New wallets (new installs) are fully HD from the get go and do not have a legacy account.

Hello MaNI.  Congratulations on the 1.6 update.  I appreciate the time and effort you put into it.  Well done.

I am one of those people who need more detailed instructions to implement the change.  Sorry I am not very tech savvy.  I have Gulden v1.5.5 with a Gulden balance and will be installing v1.6.  To be honest I still can't find the "legacy" account icon or recovery phrase.  I would be appreciative if you would give me more detailed simple instructions from installation of v1.6 to moving funds out of the legacy account into the HD account.

Many thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Myraidcoins

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 05:11:07 AM

NB!  Just for those who it is not 100% clear too.

When you upgrade an old wallet (from 1.5.5 or prior) - there is a "Legacy" account with a special icon next to it, this is a special non-HD account that is -not- part of your recovery phrase.

It is highly recommended that you write down your recovery phrase (under the backup dialog) and then move all of your funds -out- of the legacy account and into a HD account where they are safer and can always be recovered using the phrase.

New wallets (new installs) are fully HD from the get go and do not have a legacy account.

Hello MaNI.  Congratulations on the 1.6 update.  I appreciate the time and effort you put into it.  Well done.

I am one of those people who need more detailed instructions to implement the change.  Sorry I am not very tech savvy.  I have Gulden v1.5.5 with a Gulden balance and will be installing v1.6.  To be honest I still can't find the "legacy" account icon or recovery phrase.  I would be appreciative if you would give me more detailed simple instructions from installation of v1.6 to moving funds out of the legacy account into the HD account.

Many thanks.

After I installed 1.6.0 it shows a legacy account. I installed and it updated 1.5.5 automatically to 1.6.0 .

Myriadcoin - The true inventor of Multi-Algo.
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 08:37:13 AM

NB!  Just for those who it is not 100% clear too.

Many thanks.

Hey nickelback65,

The legacy account only exists on 1.6.0 when you are upgrading a wallet that already has a balance on 1.5.5 , this will combine the balances you had a various addresses into the Legacy Account. The wallet also automatically creates your first HD account for you which you
can rename how you want, if you insist on keeping your funds on your legacy account then you must ensure you have a physical backup of wallet.dat.

However we do recommend you transfer your funds off into an HD account and all you will require from that point onwards is your recovery phrase which you can find when you go to file --> backup wallet --> click show backup phrase and make sure you take it down and store in secure place. On that same backup screen you still have the option to backup file for wallet.dat backup if you prefer this over the phrase or have both for additional recovery. All up to you.

The recovery phrase will also work for all linked mobile accounts you add to your wallet. "One recovery phrase to rule them all..."

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
gamersea

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

If I am French, can I use bancontact with my credit card?
No, Bancontact is a special payment system for Belgium like ideal is for the Netherlands. For other countries it's only possible to buy NLG with BTC for now.

Not true!
You can buy through https://anycoindirect.eu/fr/kopen/gulden and should be able to use sofort or sepa!  Works just fine!
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 04:26:51 PM

If I am French, can I use bancontact with my credit card?
No, Bancontact is a special payment system for Belgium like ideal is for the Netherlands. For other countries it's only possible to buy NLG with BTC for now.

Not true!
You can buy through https://anycoindirect.eu/fr/kopen/gulden and should be able to use sofort or sepa!  Works just fine!

Litebit.eu also offers sepa to nlg and many others like nav sepa. Also other payment options from eu countries

NAV Systems Engineer
Visit the Thread!
MaNI

Activity: 286

Gulden wallet dev

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:03:04 PM

Source code is now available on our github for those who want to build from source, though I still recommend just using the binaries as that is much faster and easier.
A 1.6.1 release has also come out that fixes a few glitches, it is recommended for all  users to upgrade to 1.6.1 ASAP.

For those who need assistance there are many people happy to assist in our slack, just drop by for support.

Gulden wallet dev: GPsG4cqjPnnSX6fT2sucpLNWHiHujbtFAr
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 11:32:25 AM

Development Update:

You will need to upgrade to 1.6.1 version of the desktop wallets before Thurday. After Thursday 1.5.5 will longer function, however your wallet.dat files/backups will still be upgradeable at any time of your choosing in the future.
I will also be doing a post tomorrow to confirm which pools and exchanges have updated.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

Exchanges / Pools that have confirmed updating to 1.6

Exchanges:

Bittrex
Nocks
Guldentrader

Pools:

guldenpool.nl / 0x0a.nl
strataspool.com
prohashing.com
ispace.co.uk
nlg.hardcoreminers.com
gulden.01rig.com

We still waiting confirmation from litebit, if by thursday litebit is not added to the list I would recommend only using Nocks and Guldentrader for Euro purchases.

We will continue to add to the list as new services confirm they have updated, please PM me if you have updated and not on the list/s above.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:08:18 PM

Development update:

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/

New versions of iOS and Android out, DELTA changeover soon.

Gulden

Activity: 203

shares.gulden.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 08:59:29 AM

A statement we would like to make about third party services

We are getting a few private messages from people about yobit, so instead of replying in private we going to take this opportunity to just set the record straight in public.
We going to use specifically Yobit as an example here, but this applies equally to other services as well (e.g. pools or whatever else)
As you all know Gulden is not your average 'altcoin', we are doing constant development and putting out new releases and features, these separate us from the herd but they also mean that in order to run a Gulden service it is not always possible to simply apply the same 'formula' that is used to support other 'altcoins'.
We have noticed a trend that in crypto there are various 'services' (Yobit being a prime example) that simply add as many coins as they can without paying any attention to these coins, or knowing anything about these coins, and usually without adequate technical skills to actually do what they are doing.
We have noticed a trend that at every release these services only update weeks after release if at all, that they have immense problems upgrading (either because they are lazy or because they lack the adequate skills) and usually expect us to hand hold them.
We have also noticed a trend that these services are usually the ones that only a very tiny percent of our users use, that they provide a poor experience and that ultimately they damage our brand.
Yobit is a great example of this, before the 1.6 release their 1.5.5 wallet was 'broken' for months at a time, they palm their users off onto us claiming we must fix this, but they will not make contact with us to seek support.
Now again with the 1.6 release we have the same issue, people are being told they are having a problem compiling our wallet, these people are then coming to us expecting us to do something.

Here is the reality:
1) They don't -have- to compile the wallet as there are binaries they can use.
2) There is quite a clear README.md that explains exactly how to deal with the problems they are facing.
3) Everyone else who has had this problem has either filed a bug report on our github where there were assisted or come on slack where we have been very helpful
4) So either they are completely incompetent or too lazy to care.

Now to explain my stance, in the past we would have wasted numerous hours hunting these people down and begging them to upgrade, this is the natural reaction because we are worried about our users and we want everything to work for our users, as this makes the coin look good.
However after thinking about this deeply this reaction is wrong, by doing this we enable -bad- services, they will continue to attract more users and in time they will actually do more damage to our brand/users as the number of people harmed will be greater.
These bad services act like time vampires, sucking up our limited and valuable time that we could be spending making Gulden better or helping the services who actually have the decency to deal with us.

Therefore we have a new stance on this, we will no longer beg services to upgrade, we do not expect every service to be run by a programming genius, but services that neither have the basic skills necessary to do things properly nor the common decency too…
1) Monitor our coin for updates.
2) Contact us directly via proper channels for support are a liability and we would rather see these services break now and hopefully go away than continue to have them.

We are very sorry for those who have already used these service, but would point out that we have explicitly warned about Yobit (for instance) in the past, that we don't list them anywhere as being supported, that we don't encourage anyone to use them and that we actively try to discourage people. So while it is unfortunate that people continue to use them there is not much we can do about it.
My suggestion is that instead of contacting us about the response of these services you respond to them, your business in this case is with them and not us.

We recommend to offer them two options:
1) They start to support our service adequately.
2) They remove us - in the case of a service like Yobit we actually prefer this option.

Further they -do not- need to compile the wallet in order to refund you, so you should -insist- on a refund, if they do not give you this refund they are stealing from you, any attempt to blame us for this is a lie.
We’d also like to ask that community members try to avoid getting us added to services like this in the future, We know some people think that having more services will somehow help grow the coin, but it won't, services like this only damage the coin. We the dev team strongly believe in quality over quantity, we would rather have 1 or 2 -good- exchanges than 20 -terrible- exchanges.
If you run into problems with third party services like Yobit, please put pressure on -them- to correct their service, and tell them to contact -us- if they require support, please stop asking us to jump through multiple hoops to try and contact these services.

shares.gulden.com
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:30:49 AM

THE EVOLUTION OF DELTA DIFFERENTIAL ALGORITHM:

kwaasteniet

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 12:36:14 PM

The dev team is developing Gulden, but not only the dev team is busy. There are lots of community members that also do their best to make Gulden great.
These people has created the following websites and apps and even companies:

Nocks              Buy and sell Gulden, paymentprovider etc.   
NLGstats          Statistics and charts around Gulden      
Blockchain       Guldenblockchain explorer         
Guldenweb      Newssite around Gulden         
Guldenbet       Betting at soccer games         
Guldenweb      Newssite for android         
Gulden help      Helpsite and FAQ             
Guldenrate      Website with price information      
Gulden dashboard      Price information app for iOS          
Gulden dashboard      Price information app for android      
Guldenkoers           Price information app for android      
Gulden coupons         Purchase Gift vouchers         
Guldenstats            Website with price information      
Guldenalert            Price alerts via telegram         
Gulden Trade Ticker   Ticker with price infromation         
Guldentrader      Buy and sell Gulden         
Guldentrader.nl      Block explorer            
Projectify.me      Future Price prediction         
Guldengids      Compare buy and sell prices exchanges   
Guldennodes      Map overview Gulden nodes         
Guldenmap      Map overview Gulden merchants      
Coinpool         Miningpool            
Guldenwheel      Wheel of fortune (temp. unavaillable)
Neogulden      Blockexplorer
Guldenchain      Blockexplorer   
Gulden StatusBar      macOS/OSX Gulden StatusBar      
Gulden

Activity: 203

shares.gulden.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 08:40:08 AM

By: Nocks

Why we removed Bitcoin
You can’t buy or sell Bitcoin through Nocks any longer

Selling Bitcoin in exchange for euros or dollars, or any other fiat currency can generate a lot of business. Though, it’s not the kind of business we want to generate.
Initially we kept the EUR-BTC pair alongside the EUR-NLG pair, as our users needed Bitcoin from time to time for various reasons. Though the time has come where we’re comfortable with our position outside the standard cryptocurrency realm. So we removed Bitcoin and you can’t purchase it from us any longer. We are cheaper, faster and offer better support than our competitors, but we want more than just a store that sells cryptocurrency. We want greatness. That greatness can not be achieved with Bitcoin’s unreliability and negative connotation dragging us down.

Read more

shares.gulden.com
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:40:23 AM

New appointments to the core development team.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 10:55:19 AM

1.6.4 officially released

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print