Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:24:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Software for MtGox - With Neural Networks.  (Read 23161 times)
yucca (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 12:14:24 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 06:10:18 PM by yucca

New version of Cortex7 is now in another thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664153

Old thread is below:

I am working on an all in one Bitcoin charting/trading app for Windows, coded in MFC/C++.

Technical analysis charting.

Backprop neural nets, configurable and trainable using easy GUI.

Interfaces with Public/Private API of MtGox.

Trades can be performed by the user or the neural net can be left unnatended to trade.

Integrated RSS bitcoin news ticker.

Realtime prices updated per minute.

More info can be found here:
http://www.cortex7.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=87

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:07:39 AM

I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but I'm glad you put it here anyway -- looks awesome

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
whitenight639

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

how are you implementing the neural network stuff are there FOSS packages availible for that kinda thing?

Looks very epic, if only it was for Linux :-(

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 05:57:32 AM

where to download
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:09:33 PM

I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but I'm glad you put it here anyway -- looks awesome
OK, just moved the thread from "Speculation" to "Trading Discussion".

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:16:06 PM

how are you implementing the neural network stuff are there FOSS packages availible for that kinda thing?

Neural net lib written from scratch in C++.

It may run OK in WINE? You can try the free version:

http://www.ledset.com/cortex7/download/index.htm

The above link does not interface with mtgox, so no bitcoin, but if that works for you then the BTC version will when it comes out.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 01:25:10 PM

where to download

version without bitcoin is here:
http://www.ledset.com/cortex7/download/index.htm

version with bitcoin is still a work in progress, so no public download yet.

I hope to have a stable exe ready within 2 months. then it will be a free download with modest payment (lower than current prices) to unlock neural nets and autotrading thru mtgox.

I will give away some free unlock keys to anyone interested.

SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 01:28:39 PM

Looks great, I'm trying out the trial and have loaded some ftse 100 symbols in there to have a look. It's something that I'll be using as I normally just use the yahoo finance website, but the way this links is really nice.

Definitely interested in the mtgox version when it becomes available.

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2013, 03:48:50 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2013, 11:07:26 PM by yucca

Looks great, I'm trying out the trial and have loaded some ftse 100 symbols in there to have a look. It's something that I'll be using as I normally just use the yahoo finance website, but the way this links is really nice.

Definitely interested in the mtgox version when it becomes available.

Great, thanks for checking it out.

edit:
you can be be a beta tester if you want for the mtgox version, this will also give you a free key (for neural nets and bot trading) for finished version when its done, send an email with "bitcoin cortex7 beta tester" in the subject title to:

BETA SIGNUP IS NOW FINISHED.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 05:39:37 PM

If anyone can recommend some bitcoin related RSS feeds then drop them here and I'll include them in my serverside list.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:53:38 PM

I've only coded some ANN stuff for robotics - never knew it could work in trading too. I'll check it out when I have the time, thanks.
MeatPopsicle

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:31:33 AM

I've only coded some ANN stuff for robotics - never knew it could work in trading too. I'll check it out when I have the time, thanks.

Just like every other system out there, it can do good, but it can also lose you lots of money as well.
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 03:18:07 AM

Just like every other system out there, it can do good, but it can also lose you lots of money as well.

It's wise to put a stop loss system in place for a full auto neural net trader bot, same as any other bot.

gensen

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 08:39:11 AM

Cortex7 Looks really nice, i signed up for the test version.  Hase anyone  Btc some expiriance with Btc-Trader https://www.mybtc-trader.com ?

Real G&G Exchange Buy, Sell Bitcoin and Litecoin www.btctotal.com
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 06:30:37 PM

I'm applying to be beta tester too.   neural networks, sounds interesting.
gensen

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 11:57:10 PM

I signed up for tyhe Beta testing version of Cortex7 and did get a really quick response from them.
OK, i'am now on the Cortex7 bitcoin beta testing list.

By betatesting and reporting back with bugs/suggestions you will be legible for a free 1 year subscription key to the full version with autotrading capability.

Smiley

Real G&G Exchange Buy, Sell Bitcoin and Litecoin www.btctotal.com
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 10:56:38 PM

OK, beta test sign up is now finished, I have enough testers now.

But everyone will be still able to download the beta version (when its released), just that not everyone will get a key that unlocks trading and neural networks. It will still be a nice free charting tool though.

Thanks to all who signed up for the beta.

Jessi

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 11:43:13 PM

Oh, shit, had this on my todo list, but wasn´t able to do it because of private trouble...   Cry
If some of the beta testers isn´t interested any more, please let me know, as I would like to jump in...

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:36:03 AM

WHOA! Man, this is AWESOME. Not only program looks awesome,you writing it in MFC/C++! No .net/java bullshit! This is precious.  Heck, I'll buy it when it's ready FOR SURE.
wine will run it. Wine even runs microsoft office Grin
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:11:26 PM

WHOA! Man, this is AWESOME. Not only program looks awesome,you writing it in MFC/C++! No .net/java bullshit! This is precious.  Heck, I'll buy it when it's ready FOR SURE.

Oh that's great, yes I can tell you that the highest level dependencies I have is plain old MFC.

vvic

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 06:09:48 PM

This is so awesome, I can't wait. I won't use sierra chart because it requires .net and using .net is against my religion Grin
Galt

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:10:54 PM

Looks great, looking forward to playing around with it
vvic

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:01:01 PM

Bit Trader trading software is available for purchase right now.

Trade Mt.Gox and BTC-e simultaneously, automated trading and alarms.

Also our software updates every 15 seconds.

https://www.bit-trader.net

We also support Litecoin on BTC-e.
Damn! it requires java! JVM is as depressing as .net Cry
This looks like useful piece of software, but heck, java
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:21:38 PM

Hey! Java is great!

Wrote my trading app in Java, too...

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:45:25 PM

Damn! it requires java! JVM is as depressing as .net Cry
This looks like useful piece of software, but heck, java

My trading bot is written in java, and has made me a lot of coins so JVM isn't depressing at all!
BitCoinLoft

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:43:45 PM

Is it opensource?
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:51:36 AM

Has anyone tested this, is it legit?
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

The trading engine in Cortex7 will update realtime with the incoming data stream, you will also have a realtime stream visualiser that plots realtime trade and depth information. The stop loss system will react as fast as the network will allow.

hopefully when mtgox comes back up they will have an improved and scaled system capable of handling the higher volumes that will be happening. Rest assured Cortex7 will react as fast as is possible.

My personal thoughts: we are close to a bottom right now, when trading resumes it will be volatile between $50 ... $100 tightening around ~$80 and then perhaps undergo a few more cycles of volatility to tightening, these might happen relatively quickly, and then the noisy exponential will begin, it will show some bounce around 200 again but provided the exchange holds up this bounce will diminish without exceeding -20%, settling into a new stable rise 200...300. This will happen within 4 weeks of trading resuming. Of course I may be dead wrong Cheesy but that's my call.

We are witnessing birthing pains, but provided coins get distributed far and wide it will become less dramatic, of course the price will have to be quite high to accomodate all of the new coin holders wealth that they bring in.

And also as retail use increases coins will have to mop up even more cash, again driving price higher. On that note I must say that it was a delight to incorporate bitpay payments into my website:

http://www.ledset.com/cortex7/register/bitcoin_preorder.htm

I was validated as a retailer fairly quickly and setting up my items and buttons was refreshingly simple, literally 5 minutes. And the fees are so low!

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:59:06 PM

I'm so stoked with bitcoin that I have put a 3D game for Android/iPhone on hold to work on Cortex7.

Here's the games progress so far (it runs 60fps on cheap android phones <1GHz):

http://youtu.be/1qs-b1p33QE

SpaceJelly

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:16:14 PM

sweet looking game, but I think you've made the right choice in focusing on the trading software first  Cheesy

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
pandemic

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:17:54 PM

I'd really like to use that software. If you need a beta tester, let me know.

Just to get this straight, cortex is free but your refined version for BTC is what we'd be paying for?
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:46:55 AM

I'd really like to use that software. If you need a beta tester, let me know.

Just to get this straight, cortex is free but your refined version for BTC is what we'd be paying for?

Yes, Cortex7 is shareware, you will be able to use a useful subset of the full version for free.

The free unregistered version will have:

• realtime charting of bitcoin in all currencies (newest datum updated live).
  • technical analysis of said chart.
  • realtime last price display, updated every trade and ticker that occurs.
  • optional bitcoin related RSS news scroller.

The registered version will have all the above plus:

• configurable multilayer neural networks, trained to predict future movement.
  • trade from within cortex7 yourself or allow the neural network to do it.
  • realtime stream visualiser, see trade trends/patterns.
  • future enhancements based on customer feedback.

Hopefully the first beta will be going out this weekend, possibly tomorrow. more info here:
http://www.cortex7.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=87

dwolfman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 09:07:05 PM

Any chance you will be supporting other exchanges?  Like Camp BX or BTC-e?  I won't use Mt Gox any more, since they can't seem to get their act together to handle the volume they keep getting, I'm not going to put myself into a position to "get Goxxed" as they say.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:11:33 PM

Hey! Java is great!

Wrote my trading app in Java, too...
Yep me too.

Java is excellent if you just want it to work and be cross platform.  What's with the Java hate?

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
vvic

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:29:54 PM

Java is excellent if you just want it to work and be cross platform.  What's with the Java hate?
CROSS PLATFROM?? HAHAHA! GIVE ME A BREAK. Heck, C/C++ is more cross platfrom than this JVM bullshit. At least I can easily recompile C/C++ for various platforms. JVM/.net is pathetic and moronic concept, I hate sun for inventing this crap and microsoft falling in love with this crap. Cross platfom, hah. Try to run RIM application on android without doing fancy conversion and tell me how well will it work for ya.  Or try to run some so called windows programs written in java and running on java virtual machine running on linux without any conversions as is. Heck! some programs require specific versions of JVM (same crap applied for .net bullshit) And let's not get into crap like oracle forms... It is easier to use wine and run MFC programs, than get JVM trash to work on various programs. For web?  It is slow, bloated, useless. If this crap works for you, then my sincere congratulations. I am not programmer, I am sysadmin/network engineer and I have to support this crap. I hate programmers who code using this useless and pathetic junk. I want simple EXE not come crap that gets compiled/ran every time I execute the program.  This is why I am excited about OPs program written in MFC/C++. Remarkable and awesome programmer. I will buy this program as soon as it comes out
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 02:41:00 AM

Any chance you will be supporting other exchanges?  Like Camp BX or BTC-e?  I won't use Mt Gox any more, since they can't seem to get their act together to handle the volume they keep getting, I'm not going to put myself into a position to "get Goxxed" as they say.

Once I've completed all the trading GUI and integrated MtGox trade API yes, I will be adding further exchanges. The program has been structured with this in mind.

EDIT:
My wife had a few bitcoins in Bitcoin-24, and she's having that southpark "and it's gone" feeling. I hope I don't "get goxxed". I was going to add Bitcoin-24 next but now I'm not sure.

It will be good to support multiple exchanges so we can put our eggs in different baskets. It will be possible to run multiple instances of Cortex7, each instance on a different exchange.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 02:43:34 AM

The bitcoin beta version is now public, you can get it for free.

At the moment it's still in beta phase, and if you register you get the full 12 month registration plus multiple months worth of free beta keys, Check my signiature for more info.

pandemic

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 02:32:45 PM by pandemic

Is the source published for security scrutiny? Also, can we post bugs here? I don't really want to sign up for the cortex forum. Yucca, are you Fraser on there?

Just working with it now but so far these sites:

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/
http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets

...seem more useful. May just be me needing to get used to cortex.

There's no way to know if I have all of the mtgox data. When I open it it says 0 of 8000 or something similar but when I leave that window open saying 'initializing' it just quits on its own. cortex stays open and alive but I've no way of knowing if my content is up to date.

Recommendations:

Lag indicator

Zedster

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:33:46 PM

I have serious trust issues when it comes to my coins and my accounts. Has anyone else played with this yet?  'Cause I sure wanna but i am ball-less.
pandemic

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

I'm not going to register until this is fully beta tested and I get used to it. I'm using it along with the sites I listed above for my info gathering.

It's an awesome idea but it must have more functionality than the sites I listed. It will get better and I can't wait to actually use it in real time trading.
pandemic

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:48:23 PM

got 281 of 7028 trade hours [8.9mb/00:08:09=0.15Mbaud]

Looking like it's going to take a while to update.
dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:26:50 AM

Any chance you will be supporting other exchanges?  Like Camp BX or BTC-e?  I won't use Mt Gox any more, since they can't seem to get their act together to handle the volume they keep getting, I'm not going to put myself into a position to "get Goxxed" as they say.

Never did see an answer to this....  :-)

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:32:16 AM

got 281 of 7028 trade hours [8.9mb/00:08:09=0.15Mbaud]

Looking like it's going to take a while to update.

You can take a shortcut. Download the whole history quickly here:

http://www.cortex7.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=662

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:34:16 AM

Never did see an answer to this....  :-)

u missed it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154680.msg1899583#msg1899583

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:40:38 AM

I have serious trust issues when it comes to my coins and my accounts. Has anyone else played with this yet?  'Cause I sure wanna but i am ball-less.

Current version is early beta version and does not use trade api. Just live stream. so you dont need to enter any private info (yet).

When I get Cortex7 to the stage of trading then you will have to only enter MtGox api secret/key pair. And then I recommend you ONLY get trade privelages with MtGox. DONT get transaction privelages. Then whatever happens the coins/fiat stay in your account.

My software is digitally signed with a Comodo codesign certificate. To get this you need hard verification, passport, utility bills, bank account details, callback on landline phone. So you can trust it is me. I have been in shareware for many years.

But of course your entitled to be cautious.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:45:11 AM

I'm not going to register until this is fully beta tested and I get used to it. I'm using it along with the sites I listed above for my info gathering.

It's an awesome idea but it must have more functionality than the sites I listed. It will get better and I can't wait to actually use it in real time trading.

I really want to use it as a trade tool myself. So it will definitely get better.

Be patient with me because I am just one guy doing this in the evenings.

I want to get what's done so far solid before I progress to trade functionality. hence beta phase having opened quite early.

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:50:17 AM

Yup, I did miss it.  Sorry about that.

Glad to hear there will be other exchanges added.  :-)

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:52:40 AM

Is the source published for security scrutiny? Also, can we post bugs here? I don't really want to sign up for the cortex forum. Yucca, are you Fraser on there?

Just working with it now but so far these sites:

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/
http://www.bitcoinity.org/markets

...seem more useful. May just be me needing to get used to cortex.

There's no way to know if I have all of the mtgox data. When I open it it says 0 of 8000 or something similar but when I leave that window open saying 'initializing' it just quits on its own. cortex stays open and alive but I've no way of knowing if my content is up to date.

Recommendations:

Lag indicator

Sorry, it is not open source. But it is codesigned with my personal comodo certificate. so you know who i am and where i live if you go down the legal avenues. Comodo certification is approved by microsoft.

Yes I am Fraser.

It is in very early beta, just charting for now. depth tables, trading etc coming later.

MtGox has been down, and it was giving zerobyte socket returns in quick succession, current version was bugging out over it.

Yes lag indicator will be included in the end. This will take another 12 months to get polished.

P.S.
you can get all USD history here:
http://www.cortex7.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=662

EDIT:
opensource is safe if your a coder who can audit it, or you are friends in real life with a coder who can audit it. But for regular joes opensource can increase risk of payloads.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:55:45 AM

Yup, I did miss it.  Sorry about that.

Glad to hear there will be other exchanges added.  :-)
no worries, you were close... I will end up missing stuff in this thread pretty damned soon.  Cheesy

pandemic

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:44:02 AM

Is there anything that we can do to help?
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:47:58 AM

Is there anything that we can do to help?

betatesting and reporting bugs on the cortex7 forum helps me evolve it.

also suggesting ideas of what you would like to see incorporated.

when i get all the realtime charting and neural net running well, adding trade gui/functions should go quite painlessly.

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:41:56 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 12:06:01 AM by Cyrus

This looks like a great piece of work!
I've downloaded the free beta and I'ld like to contribute into making it better. I just love how clean it is built.

I have found 2 bugs so far. Tried to make an account on you forum, but got this error:

Code:
Your email or IP address matches that of a known spammer and therefore you cannot register here. If you feel this is an error, please contact the administrator or try again later.
Wich is kind of odd Smiley.

I first heard of neural networks when I was younger, Mark Tilden was talking about them in a documentary. I love the idea!
Congrats for this and I am considering buying it once it gets more stable.

Edit: Tried from several IPs, same result.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:56:31 AM

Hi Cyrus,

sorry about that, my antispam settings are too strict, but without it i get megaspam!

If its any consolation my own forum wont even let me sign up for a user account Cheesy

pm me an email address and I will create an account for you and email you the details.

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

No worries! I've sent you the PM.

numismatics

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:12:55 AM

Can report that this is not the case, I assume because it was compiled using MS C#. Specifically, the KERNEL32.DLL call to 'initoncerunonce' is unsupported in wine http://osdir.com/ml/wine-bugs/2013-01/msg01221.html.

statdude
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:26:11 PM

Can anyone explain precisely how these neural networks work here? What indicators are they working from? What is their predictive process?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:14:36 PM

Can anyone explain precisely how these neural networks work here? What indicators are they working from? What is their predictive process?

The artificial neiral networks (ANNs) are fandown multilayer backpropogation type.

They ANNs inputs are fed windowed historic prices into the input layer and are trained (using backpropogation) to reproduce a buy/sell signal, this is the training signal.

The windowed input randomly hops around all history data until all datums have occupied neuron[0] position, this is one epoch of training. It takes many epochs to train well.

During training it helps to shake all neuronal weights periodically to prevent the ANN landing in a non optimal solution well.

The training signal is derived by choosing good tops/bottoms of the historic price chart. It is the signal that leads to good trades being made when we view the chart with perfect hindsight.

When training the ANN is not allowed to see X latest datums, this way we can check its predictive performance.

Then the ANN produces an output signal that (when trained correctly) approximates this buy/sell function and green/red buy/sell flags are superimposed upon the chart realtime.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:17:36 PM

Here's a network after being trained to predict for BTCEUR:

and here's it generating green/red buy/sell signals:

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:52:29 PM

+1  Wink
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:53:36 PM

Here's a network after being trained to predict for BTCEUR:

and here's it generating green/red buy/sell signals:

Good reply thanks.  you may have sold me. I really like the platform - no errors or glitches to deal with!!  Think or swim offers a similar system for predicting the market. It's very usable but I'm more interested in currency trading (BTC)

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:16:56 PM

I registered. How long to receive my key via email?

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:08:24 PM

Any BTCE trading bot? TKS
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:38:40 PM

I registered. How long to receive my key via email?

You should have it by now, my apologies for the slight delay.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 10:42:52 PM

Any BTCE trading bot? TKS

I'm still working on the trade engine for MtGox. I have coded with adding exchanges in mind, so I will be adding further exchanges, BTCE is on the list, It might not be added until autumn though.

I was going to add bitcoin24 next. My wife even got an account there and she bought a few bitcoins and had them in there for a while, and then.... "pooof.. aaaand it's gone!"

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 08:56:10 AM

It seems to me, that the system needs an abstraction layer between the trading logic and the exchange interface?

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:05:03 AM

It seems to me, that the system needs an abstraction layer between the trading logic and the exchange interface?

Indeed. In the finished version the neural net signals will be just one trade signal that the user can use as visual reference or can mix with other generated signals for use in autotrading. This way the neural net signal can be used as a confidence bias instead of an absolute signal.

Other trade signals will be generated by a simple scripting interface giving access to all of the charted information, including: all technical overlays and underlays, user drawn trendlines, open/high/low/close/vol, exchange-lag.

The scripting will initially just be able to spot crossings between any pair of signals mentioned and set boolean flags. These flags can be logically mixed with AND,OR.

This is a few months down the road. First off is to actually get the trading interface coded and tested.

Eventually I would like to open it up further and give user simple script API to access entire array history of signals mentioned and perform their own math etc.

Schrankwand

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:49:08 PM

Indeed. In the finished version the neural net signals will be just one trade signal that the user can use as visual reference or can mix with other generated signals for use in autotrading. This way the neural net signal can be used as a confidence bias instead of an absolute signal.

Other trade signals will be generated by a simple scripting interface giving access to all of the charted information, including: all technical overlays and underlays, user drawn trendlines, open/high/low/close/vol, exchange-lag.

The scripting will initially just be able to spot crossings between any pair of signals mentioned and set boolean flags. These flags can be logically mixed with AND,OR.

This is a few months down the road. First off is to actually get the trading interface coded and tested.

Eventually I would like to open it up further and give user simple script API to access entire array history of signals mentioned and perform their own math etc.

Hi, quick question for understanding: I buy the 12 months now, i get the 6 month beta PLUS 12 months membership?

And: Do you have a good explanation somewhere that gets me an understanding of the mathematics behind NN trading?
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

Can't wait !
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 07:25:29 PM

Hi, quick question for understanding: I buy the 12 months now, i get the 6 month beta PLUS 12 months membership?

And: Do you have a good explanation somewhere that gets me an understanding of the mathematics behind NN trading?

Yes, When you buy the 12 month subscription you get a 12 month key for use on the final polished release. You also receive free monthly beta keys for as long as Cortex7 is in beta phase, this is expected to last ~6 months, possibly more.

The artificial neural network (ANN) tries to predict if the chart is about to go up or down.

The ANN is first trained by showing it alot of history data and also telling it what points in that history would have been good buy/sell points.

After training the ANN is able to predict when to buy and sell with better accuracy than random walk.

Of course one must realise that this is not a dead cert indicator, but it is much better than random and can give further confidence to technical charting that you may do.

The ANNs in cortex7 are multilayer perceptrons with backpropogation training:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network

Schrankwand

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:34:20 PM

Yes, When you buy the 12 month subscription you get a 12 month key for use on the final polished release. You also receive free monthly beta keys for as long as Cortex7 is in beta phase, this is expected to last ~6 months, possibly more.

The artificial neural network (ANN) tries to predict if the chart is about to go up or down.

The ANN is first trained by showing it alot of history data and also telling it what points in that history would have been good buy/sell points.

After training the ANN is able to predict when to buy and sell with better accuracy than random walk.

Of course one must realise that this is not a dead cert indicator, but it is much better than random and can give further confidence to technical charting that you may do.

The ANNs in cortex7 are multilayer perceptrons with backpropogation training:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network

Thanks for that!

I just read a study on artificial intelligence, where neural networks were taught to include technical analysis as well. Will this be implemented in the feature? It did increase their ROI from 11,X% to over 15% p.a. in Forex trading. That is quite the number there.
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:12:43 PM

Thanks for that!

I just read a study on artificial intelligence, where neural networks were taught to include technical analysis as well. Will this be implemented in the feature? It did increase their ROI from 11,X% to over 15% p.a. in Forex trading. That is quite the number there.

That's an interesting idea, thanks for sharing.

The technical indicators are derived solely from the raw OHLCV price data. So if we show the neural network the same raw data then it should model internally any functions that might improve prediction. But I suppose presenting it with chosen indicators might give it a head start and reduce training time. It would need extra input nodes to read these indicators and we would need to feed it quite a few data points from each indicator line, and so iterating and training time would increase. Of course we might only feed it the indicator signals and this might reduce training time? interesting.

I plan to make a dedicated neural net "lab" window giving the user more control over training, what signals are used as input, and the desired output function we wish to train to. In this new lab window I will include options to include data from any indicator on the chart.

Schrankwand

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:35:32 PM

Thanks for that!

That's an interesting idea, thanks for sharing.

The technical indicators are derived solely from the raw OHLCV price data. So if we show the neural network the same raw data then it should model internally any functions that might improve prediction. But I suppose presenting it with chosen indicators might give it a head start and reduce training time. It would need extra input nodes to read these indicators and we would need to feed it quite a few data points from each indicator line, and so iterating and training time would increase. Of course we might only feed it the indicator signals and this might reduce training time? interesting.

I plan to make a dedicated neural net "lab" window giving the user more control over training, what signals are used as input, and the desired output function we wish to train to. In this new lab window I will include options to include data from any indicator on the chart.

Hey, i thought it might be cool to actually share the study instead of just talking about it:

http://www.dabi.temple.edu/~zoran/papers/chenoweth96.pdf
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:25:47 AM

Registered and paid through Bitpay, hope to receive key soon.
StarenseN
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:51:33 AM

Same here.
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:09:28 PM

Just sent you key out.

Bitpay keys I need to cut by hand and I did it as soon as I woke up, before I brushed my teeth!

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:11:31 PM

Same here.

I think you should also now have your beta key and 12mth key.

theblazehen

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:45:09 PM

Tried running it in wine. Could not find KERNEL32.dll.

Time to start a windows VM...

BURST: BURST-ZRT2-GB5S-A6CS-HBVAE
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:09:00 PM

it would be nice if someone would share how good/bad the software works and how much profit/loss (%) in which time was made... Wink
StarenseN
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

Hello,

- Will you implement a visual view of the order book depth (like a wall visualizer)?
- Will it be possible to draw some basic retracements (fibonacci at least) on the chart?
- I'm not sure to have properly trained my ANN. The tutorial is perfectible.

Anyway, that's a good work!
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 12:21:24 AM

Hello, - Will you implement a visual view of the order book depth (like a wall visualizer)?

Yes, in time. First of all I need to get the order book straightened out. The current release is not correct because it does not modify the book based on the incoming trade and order stream. It just uses market depth query every few seconds. It should query market depth once and then use incoming stream.

- Will it be possible to draw some basic retracements (fibonacci at least) on the chart?

Yes, definitely.

- I'm not sure to have properly trained my ANN. The tutorial is perfectible.

Anyway, that's a good work!

There are some more tips on the forum, but yes the tuturial is very basic.

Things will be changing quite a bit during beta phase but when finished it will have a proper PDF manual, I promise!  Smiley

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 10:16:30 PM

Just curious if the one-year subscription is the only option?  Would much prefer to pay for it once and never have to pay again, like all the other software I currently own.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

Just curious if the one-year subscription is the only option?  Would much prefer to pay for it once and never have to pay again, like all the other software I currently own.

Hi, currently 1 year or 2 year subscription are the only purchase options available.

A lifetime registration would obviously have to be more expensive, I haven't worked out how much. The sales volume of the software is relatively low so the current subscription model was chosen to guarantee development (adding other xchanges, altcoins and features over time).

Many lifetime model sharewares end up stagnating and ceasing development.

But you raise a good point and I will think about this over the next few days and report back in this thread with my decision. If I do release lifetime subscription then I will mail existing customers with option to upgrade with discount on what they have paid already or allow them to stay as they are.

dwolfman

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 12:29:41 AM

Hi, currently 1 year or 2 year subscription are the only purchase options available.

A lifetime registration would obviously have to be more expensive, I haven't worked out how much. The sales volume of the software is relatively low so the current subscription model was chosen to guarantee development (adding other xchanges, altcoins and features over time).

Many lifetime model sharewares end up stagnating and ceasing development.

But you raise a good point and I will think about this over the next few days and report back in this thread with my decision. If I do release lifetime subscription then I will mail existing customers with option to upgrade with discount on what they have paid already or allow them to stay as they are.

Glad to hear you are thinking about it, and I do support your reasons for the current subscription model.

For me, I wouldn't mind an option where say I get updates or whatever for a year, but that after that year is up I just don't get the updates any more and the software remains fully functional.  With the current model, the extra stuff, like the ANN, would stop working after the subscription runs up?

In my case I'm perfectly happy to use a particular version of a program for a long time.  For example, I still use the same email program I used 15 years ago to read my email offline (for some mail lists and stuff I don't leave on GMail).  It was last updated 14 years ago, and is likely to never see another update (it's also on a somewhat obscure computing platform).  But it still works fine.  In the case of this trading software, not that this will happen, but if you quit developing it and my current subscription runs up, then I'm left with a program I can no longer fully utilize.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 12:41:33 AM

I have a quick question about the customization options. How different can each strategy that comes from running this software be? What options do I have to customize it? For example, the website says "The trading test uses a starting balance of $10,000 and assumes each trade costs $5. (these parameters are configurable)" However MtGOX uses percentages for trade costs not fixed amounts, is that $5 customizable to a percent? Are there any guides included that show how to use the software properly? I'm just curious as to how much I can do with it and how different my results will be from someone else.

Hi, the tradecosts are user set. percent or flat fee. the bitcoin version defaults to 0.6% for MtGox.

But you cant trade from within the application yet. Thats coming soon on dev list, first i have to have current beta versions features tested as stable.

I will have to update that website text to include link to bitcoin beta page somewhere at the top.

The software is available free for download, subscription just unlocks premium features.

liquidplaya

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:06:02 AM

anyone having any positive results with the automated trading?
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 01:14:56 PM

anyone having any positive results with the automated trading?

Automated trading is not implemented yet, at the moment it is just a live charting app able to show relativley deep history at 1min 10min 1hour and 1day candle periods. With technical analysis. The chart front updates live. And it has a live lag meter. I believe its a good choice if you want to experiment with technical analysis charting of MtGox_BTC.

The beta is available for free and comes bundled with mtgox history for USD,EUR,GBP:

http://www.ledset.com/cortex7/download/bitcoin_beta.htm

For subscribers it has lag alarm, live stream visualiser and neural nets which generate visual signals, the neural net part is very much a work in progress as I look for the best way to generate the best training signal and also change aspects of the GUI to make training and using easier. In the end it will be hooked into the autotrade system (optionally) as will various other signals on the chart (for subcribers).

so for example using your own charting abilities you could draw a parallel or non parallel price channel and have asks/bids placed as live price crosses above/below channel edges. Or you could make trade signals happen when live price crosses above/below a moving average, any combo of signals viewable on main chart will be available to derive trade signals from. Kind of a simple graphical bot maker.

drdops

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:10:55 PM

Is it still possible to subscribe?
What are the costs?
Does it have indicators like MACD and RSI or is the neyral net a combination of a lot of these?
How is it working so far?

thanks
tabbek

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 03:28:30 AM

Looking forward to see how this further develops.
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:35:06 AM

Congratulation to OP.

I really like the idea of adding Neural Nets and/or Genetic Algorithms to trading systems, specially adding those as auxiliar tools of money management / risk control (position sizing specifically).

Think about developing some ideas about Genetic Algos too!

I was just wondering if there'd be some way to test systems like we do nowadays with stocks: MetaStock (code systems) + TradeSim (backtest systems).

BTW, Octave (Matlab free alternative) is an excellent (and powerful) language to go programming even further that way...

Think about considering it.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
StarenseN
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:42:51 PM

Is it still under dev? Can the ANN be better detailled?
yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:41:57 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2013, 06:57:40 PM by yucca

Is it still possible to subscribe? What are the costs?

Yes, $40 gets you 12 months subscription, plus free months while in beta phase:
http://www.ledset.com/cortex7/register/bitcoin_preorder.htm

Does it have indicators like MACD and RSI or is the neyral net a combination of a lot of these?

You can combine these plot overlays:

Neural Net Bot
Technical Bot
Bollinger
MACD
Moving Average 1
Moving Average 2
RSI
Price Channel
Full Stochastic Oscillator

How is it working so far? thanks

It is working well for me so far, overall ~18% BTC gain over the last few months. I am test trading with just 1 BTC. Trailing stop loss is a must.

Higher BTC amounts may not perform as nicely, because the software places market orders and higher amounts have to go deeper into the book (slippage).

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:45:51 PM

Congratulation to OP.

I really like the idea of adding Neural Nets and/or Genetic Algorithms to trading systems, specially adding those as auxiliar tools of money management / risk control (position sizing specifically).

Think about developing some ideas about Genetic Algos too!

I was just wondering if there'd be some way to test systems like we do nowadays with stocks: MetaStock (code systems) + TradeSim (backtest systems).

BTW, Octave (Matlab free alternative) is an excellent (and powerful) language to go programming even further that way...

Think about considering it.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Thanks! I will look at Octave.

Currently the backtesting is hardcoded for the neural network bot, and also one seperate tehnical indicator bot (soon to be more).

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:56:38 PM

Is it still under dev? Can the ANN be better detailled?

Yes it's still under development, today I released the new version with the inclusion of a Technical Indicator bot (not neural network based):

http://www.cortex7.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=796

At the moment you can look around the forum for info on the neural nets, it's quite spread out and some of that info is now out of date as the software has been changing quite a bit:

http://www.cortex7.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

I will write a good post detailing the neural networks soon and post link here.

yucca (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:10:45 PM

New version of Cortex7 is now in another thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664153

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:22:45 AM

Oh great, i've been meaning to keep an eye on my gox coins...

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
sectuckwelic

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:01:26 PM

Oh great, i've been meaning to keep an eye on my gox coins...

It says: "Your coins are in danger! Danger danger! Mark Karpales approaching!" (It would be a bit laggy too.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: