Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin designed to last forever?  (Read 9858 times)
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:38:55 AM

Yes bitcoin would last as long as we want and it's secure from hacker. Once hacker find its vulnerability then they would destroy it. Also 21 million limit would have no effect because by timed we will start using bitcoin Satoshi unit and at that time 1Satoshi would worth $100 at a time

1 satoshi = $100 is really unbelievable and  every bitcoin holder would want that to happen. And anything is possible, one day if it happens, it could be the best thing that can happen in a bitcoin enthusiast's life!
Bitcoin is a big successful experiment and as long has it is maintained and updated, it should run well without any problems. The Devs should keep the code updated, the bugs fixed and be on high alert as bitcoin could be under heavy attack at any moment from anyone...

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:11:59 AM

No, in my opinion it is designed to last until no one use it anymore. Because that is the only reason why do bitcoin exist, because many people are using it and getting benefited with it by earning bitcoin in an easy way. Do you think that a car will last forever if no one use it, just left there in the garage and got stocked for a long time ago? It's machine will not work anymore because it didn't have any maintenance because it is abandoned by someone. It goes the same on bitcoin it will get disappear in time when no one use it anymore and it will not last forever.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:20:08 AM

No, in my opinion it is designed to last until no one use it anymore. Because that is the only reason why do bitcoin exist, because many people are using it and getting benefited with it by earning bitcoin in an easy way. Do you think that a car will last forever if no one use it, just left there in the garage and got stocked for a long time ago? It's machine will not work anymore because it didn't have any maintenance because it is abandoned by someone. It goes the same on bitcoin it will get disappear in time when no one use it anymore and it will not last forever.

You can't compare bitcoin to a car, it;s not the same. Bitcoin is designed to last and has open source code to be improved day by day.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:20:59 AM

The survival of bitcoin can never be predicted though it is created with certain limitations of coin generation. When popularity and acceptance gets increased gradually the long lasting of bitcoin as well other digital currencies will increase as our technology is completely open, which can be programmed accordingly. If it doesn't happen the same technology emerge with some other name and reach the people.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:48:03 AM

You can't compare bitcoin to a car, it;s not the same. Bitcoin is designed to last and has open source code to be improved day by day.

How dumb  to compare a car and a digital currency? lol . Bitcoin may not  design to last forever  but as  long  people  would  really use it and adopt it  it would  sure  exist  for  longer years for sure. About cars they are somehow  persistent  because   its  a common need  for us  in means of transportation.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:06:43 AM

Bitcoin, as we’ve all seen, is a mixed portrait; it goes up,
it goes down, it goes up, it goes down.  It’s hard to predict
where it will go. But I think bitcoin will last forever, or it has
a future since many users are in demands for bitcoin.
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:14:40 AM

How dumb  to compare a car and a digital currency? lol . Bitcoin may not  design to last forever  but as  long  people  would  really use it and adopt it  it would  sure  exist  for  longer years for sure. About cars they are somehow  persistent  because   its  a common need  for us  in means of transportation.
Yeah that two are are very far and different from each other but i will agree to some point on that cause even they are not related to each other the availability and sequence maybe connected in the means of existence and uses .its better to relate the situation than to compare on other things .

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Skaven

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:22:07 AM

But assuming that we have reached reward era 34, what happens then? Miners wouldn't have any rewards from mining then.

You are forgetting that Bitcoin has transaction fees. The total sum of transaction fees paid for transactions in a certain block goes to the miners solving that block (in addition to the block reward). While total transaction fees today are typically significantly less than 1 BTC per block, this total sum is already significantly higher than a few years ago.

In future, transaction fees will progressively increase in relevance compared to block rewards and ultimately entirely replace them as an incentive to solve more blocks.

You also have to consider that with decreasing block rewards, Bitcoin's valuation will very likely increase significantly. So mining might still be profitable, even if the amount of Bitcoin obtained in the process is only a fraction of what it is today.

ya.ya.yo!
If you deal with the bitcoin as he needs to deal with he will last for ever off course but there are to many people who are still holding and dont deal with the bitcoin how suposed
so i dontt think he will last for ever.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:24:56 AM

I've been thinking about it since last night and I couldn't find an answer to myself.
I know that there's a 21 million block cap and we wouldn't actually be here to see that time it comes to that point.
But assuming that we have reached reward era 34, what happens then? Miners wouldn't have any rewards from mining then.

Anyone care to help explain a few things for me?
I do think that Bitcoin wants to last for ever and because they have made use of the internet it can last forever but not sure if it will.
We will see how it is going to go with the Bitcoin in the future.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:42:21 AM

I dont think that the bitcoin will die sometimes but there will come a time for the bitcoin when the price drops that low that peopel dont believe into it
anymore and that is the time to drop the coins.
elDano

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:54:09 AM

You are forgetting that Bitcoin has transaction fees. The total sum of transaction fees paid for transactions in a certain block goes to the miners solving that block (in addition to the block reward). While total transaction fees today are typically significantly less than 1 BTC per block, this total sum is already significantly higher than a few years ago.

In future, transaction fees will progressively increase in relevance compared to block rewards and ultimately entirely replace them as an incentive to solve more blocks.

You also have to consider that with decreasing block rewards, Bitcoin's valuation will very likely increase significantly. So mining might still be profitable, even if the amount of Bitcoin obtained in the process is only a fraction of what it is today.

ya.ya.yo!
I dont think that the bitcoin is going to last for ever because lots of peopel dont think that is going ot happen because there will come some times
that the bitcoin is going to drop his value.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:25:51 AM

Bitcoin, as we’ve all seen, is a mixed portrait; it goes up,
it goes down, it goes up, it goes down.  It’s hard to predict
where it will go. But I think bitcoin will last forever, or it has
a future since many users are in demands for bitcoin.
Bitcoin could last forever, as it designed so. Bitcoin demand so highly in the last year even there was hacked incident in this year, bitcoin could rise again. It has good foundation and advantages compare with any coins.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:49:32 AM

Yes, it could last forever provided the Altcoins market is sustainable and the Dark markets is still Dark. The BTC value comes from the demand for it from the dark market and also the Altcoin market has further strengthen the lead role of BTC in cryptocurency market
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 01:47:40 PM

Miners will work for massive fees in the future which makes up for the lack of block reward.  loads of good videos on youtube about this.  and also nothing is designed to last forever.... Shocked
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:23:12 PM

I don't have a clue if it is forever or not, nothing lasts forever. Lol. On a serious note, I hope that it will stay long because it can be very useful in the next generations.
as we cannot think about the world without fiat currency, so a time will come when we will totally depend on crypto currency and hope that bitcoin will on top and ever one will be using bitcoin as their first priority.
Yes, fiat currencies will find survival ways to compete with bitcoin always. But, bitcoin has all the possibilities to dominate in worldwide financial systems. In future everyone will be needing of an electronic format of currency, cryptocurrencies would be the appropriate solution for them at the time.

Yes, bitcoin would be the first priority for future generations to use instead of fiats, surely bitcoin will last for ever as long as there would be some demand.
To last forever as a successful currency, bitcoin always needs some demand from citizens of this world.
Based on speculating the future electronic commerce, we are able to predict the future of bitcoin and its survival. 90% of future transactions will be done through internet, the fast growing of mobile transaction is a very good example for this. I too believe there will not be any problem for bitcoin to last forever.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:36:38 PM

I think that it is designed for forever but that it also needs more users and than it can really last forever, lets hope on that.
I think that the bitcoin has a great future and that it can accomplish this.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:15:53 PM

I think that it is designed for forever but that it also needs more users and than it can really last forever, lets hope on that.
I think that the bitcoin has a great future and that it can accomplish this.
there is no expiring date on bitcoin, but this is the same with most other currencies. at some point the needs/userbase changes. countries rise and fall etc. most currencies do not last for more then 100 years. bitcoin however is not based on a nation or something similar, so it should have a longer life expectancy, however the things what money needs to be might change and this could put a quick end to bitcoin.

Hoor

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:17:23 PM

i think yes there is no doubt about this that bitocin is design to last for ever. and hope that it will really last for ever.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 11:19:07 PM

Nothing lasts forever, but if the internet stays the same and we will have some liberty in the future, then bitcoin should last at least our lifetime and possibly our childrens lifetime.

But eventually it will be replaced by a coin better designed, although I dont expect this in my lifetime, so i will remain with bitcoin.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 11:48:33 PM

Nothing lasts forever, but if the internet stays the same and we will have some liberty in the future, then bitcoin should last at least our lifetime and possibly our childrens lifetime.

But eventually it will be replaced by a coin better designed, although I dont expect this in my lifetime, so i will remain with bitcoin.

Yah, it will definitely be a long run for btc but no one can promise that btc will still be around after 100 or even thousand years later. Maybe there will be more technology advancement and a better digital coin can be implemented with more efficiency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: