Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52567 times)
Viscoat

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:40:15 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

Its value will remain still as people don't use it. Because the rate of bitcoin depends on its users and miners. The same as, if no one uses it, the nothing will happen

I have thought about that too. But with the recent clarifition to those who are quoting here it could end up at a high price due to demands. But in the long run it might also make a mess. If those people who want to have bitcoin cant get some then they might end up in other coins which is a lost for bitcoin community.

The price could go even higher when more people use it. It seems the price is limited by the number of transactions.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:48:24 PM

If people only save their bitcoins and they don’t spend any satoshi deflation is next state. Many people in this forum advise others to don’t spend and the price goes up. May be they had forgotten that bitcoin is currency and must be in circulation. If people don’t use it for what reason do you want to have it? All are offer and demand.

Only the holdings of some people won't stop the circulation of the currency at all, if today me and you are holding our coins then there are thousands more spending their coins in other places, so the currency is always in circulation and these small savings and holding wont affect that at all.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:03:18 PM

If people starts to hold their bitcoin than there will become a high demand on it and the price will go up then more people will get greedy and think that they can keep saving it until it gets more higher and the end the price will go down so fast that they will regret it and eventually stop using it
I worried about bitcoin, if some people hold most of bitcoin, bitcoin will get into extreme deflation as cocequence. I agree with you that bitcoin price will move so fast, the hoarder will take more control of bitcoin price. To make fair market, bitcoin spreading and circulation must be good. Stable price with litle bit fluctuation on it will be good for bitcoin future, people will feel safe and enjoy to use bitcoin if the risk is smaller.
I think same with your opinion, I afraid it happens because many people are holding bitcoin. you said bitcoin will deflation, that right and I think this can happen. I hope many people using bitcoin like other currency and still getting some earn with bitcoin. I hope bitcoin is stable and not go down.
To me if people are going to hold bitcoin and not going t spend it, then its price will go high, because the supply in the market will decrease and demand will increase so people will even ready to trade bitcoin in high price. So, if no one spends bitcoins, it would bring some advantages also.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:41:55 PM

Then everything will remain with Satoshi Nakamoto because if no one is willing to spend, then no one will get any. By that happening as well, then this forum will not come to be, likewise will we have the popularity Bitcoin has today, couple with the dreams that would have died if Bitcoin was not spend in addition to the fact that I won't be here today.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:10:44 PM

Then everything will remain with Satoshi Nakamoto because if no one is willing to spend, then no one will get any. By that happening as well, then this forum will not come to be, likewise will we have the popularity Bitcoin has today, couple with the dreams that would have died if Bitcoin was not spend in addition to the fact that I won't be here today.

spend is something a good thing's done if not done in a way that exaggerated. you're absolutely right, that if it's done in a way that is not natural, it will make all purpose of bitcoin is going to be messy and could be garbage that then bitcoin will only be a thrift that will never be used again because it's all over. but that does not mean that spends bad, just that it has to do with the good and not so bad
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:21:26 PM

If people only save their bitcoins and they don’t spend any satoshi deflation is next state. Many people in this forum advise others to don’t spend and the price goes up. May be they had forgotten that bitcoin is currency and must be in circulation. If people don’t use it for what reason do you want to have it? All are offer and demand.
I think the hold bitcoin will not make bitcoin prices to rise. prices go up when you do the spending and demand occurred on bitcoin,
just when everyone is not spending bitcoin price will come down, might as well be dead
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:06:28 PM

Well i do believe bitcoin has value because it keeps being traded, if from one moment to all people stop circulating their bitcoins its almost a sure price will dump instead grow. But at the moment im see that we have too many transactions and we have once again an issue about the confirmations, and the delay isnt good for bitcoin at all.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:17:31 PM

Well i do believe bitcoin has value because it keeps being traded, if from one moment to all people stop circulating their bitcoins its almost a sure price will dump instead grow. But at the moment im see that we have too many transactions and we have once again an issue about the confirmations, and the delay isnt good for bitcoin at all.

I believe the oppost. If who has Bitcoins stop spending it, the demand will be higher than the offer, so the price will go up with all power. Because people will want to buy BTCs and nobody will want to sell it.

For Bitcoin holders, this is a good situation, because the coin price would increases a lot. Sometimes things like that happen, I don't know if it's intentionally or not, but sometimes the demand is higher, so we see the coin price going up. I believe the chineses provoke this situation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:45:10 PM

Bitcoin like any currency is meant to be used to trade, to exchange hands and the more exchanges the better since that means that the currency is useful and needed, if no one spend their coins then a drop in price will follow because that means there is not demand for bitcoin at all.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 12:39:31 AM

Bitcoin like any currency is meant to be used to trade, to exchange hands and the more exchanges the better since that means that the currency is useful and needed, if no one spend their coins then a drop in price will follow because that means there is not demand for bitcoin at all.

If there is no demand for bitcoin then it will become totally useless. And if bitcoin has big demand but no one spends it then that will make the value of bitcoin higher as the demand is high but there's no supply since all of us are holding. But I guess this is not going to happen as many are already using bitcoin and invested big amount to this crypto.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 01:47:41 AM

Yeah bitcoin must be spent in any ways for it gains value if it is circulated and used. I think its price will not increase if many will hold their bitcoin. For me if bitcoin will become scarce, then its value would drop because it would remain stagnant and lifeless. Like any other currencies bitcoin needs to have a life. It can be done by spending bitcoin and keeping it circulated.
Felimon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:21:42 AM

I am sorry to say, but this question is like, what would happen of the sky would fall!!  This would not happen, because there are to many people on the networks and there is no reason for them to stop using the system.  Asking what if is never anything more than a waste of time.  What if I was a millionaire???  I would not be here.
Umigokath

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:08:05 AM

Most likely the bitcoin will go down soon or later than and also will less more used too so it would not be good at all for the bitcoin.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:10:06 AM

agree with your opinion. if no one spends bitcoin I think can make the price of bitcoin is go down. because the currency needs circulation, bitcoin is same with other currency.  I hope bitcoin still alive and prices remain stable.

i don't think all people in the world which have bitcoin will not spend their bitcoin, maybe its just half or quarter for all people. in out there especially in the market, many people do trading bitcoin-fiat, bitcoin-altcoins and i am sure this would not be happen and we can see that the price is going up and down for sure.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:28:36 AM

Most likely the bitcoin will go down soon or later than and also will less more used too so it would not be good at all for the bitcoin.

Yes it definitely will happen if bitcoin is not used anymore. I'm sure if bitcoin does not grow and decline, fast or slow bitcoin users would definitely move to the crypto better. And if it is not addressed bitcoin will definitely outdated. But I guess it would not be possible because bitcoin growing and increasingly fore bitcoin has a number of users continues to grow.
Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:27:33 AM

Part of the reason why someone is hesitant to use bitcoin is due to the limited number of merchants accepting it, be it online or physical shops. I know that there are more shops and online stores accepting bitcoin, compared to two years ago, but still, we see that there's still a lot of work to be done. Currently, I am spending my bitcoins only on a few things and if the need arises, I just convert mine to fiat.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:58:33 AM

Part of the reason why someone is hesitant to use bitcoin is due to the limited number of merchants accepting it, be it online or physical shops. I know that there are more shops and online stores accepting bitcoin, compared to two years ago, but still, we see that there's still a lot of work to be done. Currently, I am spending my bitcoins only on a few things and if the need arises, I just convert mine to fiat.
That's for now but we are looking for a better future, the main reason is we are still in the adoption stage and though a lot have adopted but not big enough to attract investors open a business where they will have to accept bitcoin for our convenience as well.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 06:37:18 AM

That's for now but we are looking for a better future, the main reason is we are still in the adoption stage and though a lot have adopted but not big enough to attract investors open a business where they will have to accept bitcoin for our convenience as well.
its needed more support coming from the end users if we can introduce bitcoin features for sure many adoption can happen lack of interest coming from business owners because they are not fully informed we needed to give them more idea and let them be one of us too.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:05:31 AM

one of the reasons why investors are interested in bitcoin is because there are many people doing spending in bitcoin, so they think bitcoin have users and a big market? I can not imagine if people do not want spending their bitcoin
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 10:54:56 AM

If no one spends bitcoin, price fluctuation will happen to higher extent. Importantly bitcoin usage when gets decreased the ratio of adoption too decreases. Possibly for the improvement and growth towards a greater digital currency spending is much needed.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: