Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52574 times)
Warry

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:18:44 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

So If no one uses Bitcoin. its price will drop down and be stable for a long time because no ones uses it, so no ones really needs it, its markets will be very boring so that of course, Bitcoin markets will be useless.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:24:14 PM

one thing is certain, bitcoin prices will go down.

not true, if no one can buy because none is spending(i'm assuming the wider definition here and not spending as a purchasing only, but as a trading too), the value will likely remain there, not going to be dumped for sure

but it can increase without the possibility for buyers to buy new coins, in fact if all exchange were to be stopped by the governments, the value would not appreciate anymore so quickly

you then need to do private trading and report on a new decentralized(like a big forum) service the possible new value
I guess it's possible. if no one else who spends bitcoin, that is to say, bitcoin is not used anymore, and in my experience, coins were never used, the price will go down, or even disappear. if bitcoin never in spending, meaning that bitcoin is never used, so it's likely the biggest price would probably fall.
As stated based on the usage the value will go down. If this happens, soon the users too will stop using it which eventually stops the acceptance of bitcoin from stores. I believe that trading people were the one who gets affected much than common users.

It will be nonsense if we will just store it and waits for it value to goes up before we use it,how will it grow of we would just stock our btc in our wallet or doesn't do anything about like investing or trading, it is like doing business we just need a capital then a profit to run the business and we should get some outcome like does it earn or not. If btc will not be use then why its created anyway it will soon be gone if we doesn't do any btc related activities.
I agree with you. If no one spend bitcoin then it will be just nonsense for the investor or holders because there would be no supply that will circulate in the market and that will be bad because the price of bitcoin is just depending on the demand of the market so if there is no supply then there will no demand and if there is no demand then the price will decrease and that will be a worst case scenario if we will not spend our bitcoins.
Yeah it will become nonsense if we will just save or not spend it. You're probably correct when you say there is no effect to the demand in the market if we will store it.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:52:25 PM

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

right like, if not, there are people who spend or, in other words, use bitcoin, then sure a bad thing will happen. Prices could fall fast and does not increase like that affects a lot of things.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:06:19 PM

This is true for the regulated systems or markets that demand and supply managing the price but do not forget that we have unregulated market what we are buying/selling trading, so demand/supply is not the major effects on pricing.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:30:24 PM

one thing is certain, bitcoin prices will go down.

not true, if no one can buy because none is spending(i'm assuming the wider definition here and not spending as a purchasing only, but as a trading too), the value will likely remain there, not going to be dumped for sure

but it can increase without the possibility for buyers to buy new coins, in fact if all exchange were to be stopped by the governments, the value would not appreciate anymore so quickly

you then need to do private trading and report on a new decentralized(like a big forum) service the possible new value
I guess it's possible. if no one else who spends bitcoin, that is to say, bitcoin is not used anymore, and in my experience, coins were never used, the price will go down, or even disappear. if bitcoin never in spending, meaning that bitcoin is never used, so it's likely the biggest price would probably fall.
As stated based on the usage the value will go down. If this happens, soon the users too will stop using it which eventually stops the acceptance of bitcoin from stores. I believe that trading people were the one who gets affected much than common users.

It will be nonsense if we will just store it and waits for it value to goes up before we use it,how will it grow of we would just stock our btc in our wallet or doesn't do anything about like investing or trading, it is like doing business we just need a capital then a profit to run the business and we should get some outcome like does it earn or not. If btc will not be use then why its created anyway it will soon be gone if we doesn't do any btc related activities.
I agree with you. If no one spend bitcoin then it will be just nonsense for the investor or holders because there would be no supply that will circulate in the market and that will be bad because the price of bitcoin is just depending on the demand of the market so if there is no supply then there will no demand and if there is no demand then the price will decrease and that will be a worst case scenario if we will not spend our bitcoins.
Yeah it will become nonsense if we will just save or not spend it. You're probably correct when you say there is no effect to the demand in the market if we will store it.
Holding bitcoins for a long time will give good profit. but everyone follows this method then there is no use to hold it for a long time. When there is a demand and supply will happen, then we will see variation in price. If no spend means nothing will happen and it will affect the price of the bitcoin.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:36:59 PM

Holding bitcoins are great idea as bitcoins usually yield good profits on long term basis as it's keeps on increasing because it is in demand but if everyone starting holding bitcoins then i think it would greatly affect it's price as if no one's spending or selling it bitcoin would become as unregulated market means there would be no circulation or cycle of buying and selling so demand will fall and price will significantly decrease.And if there are no transactions then miners will be not profited and of course because of no profit they will have to shift to other crypto currencies.
agatha818

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:34:50 PM

If no one will spend their coins that it will not help bitcoin price goes higher in future which will lead bitcoin to be a weaker currency in future, if we want that bitcoin should grow then we need to spend it like other currencies.

agreed, the people who save and hold their bitcoin, and also the people who spend their bitcoin both play a big role to the price increase.
blue_dragon

Activity: 251

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

Check it out here

If no one will not spend their bitcoin,  I think it is like hoarding a goods to the public. And if it will happen the value of the Bitcoin will stay, if there are another factor that affects the bitcoin and that is the time when its value wilk up and down.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:02:34 AM

Check it out here

If no one will not spend their bitcoin,  I think it is like hoarding a goods to the public. And if it will happen the value of the Bitcoin will stay, if there are another factor that affects the bitcoin and that is the time when its value wilk up and down.

If we all hold, the price will only continue to go up. Even beyond these ridiculous levels.

This is a supply and demand game. We, as hodlers, are that supply. As far as the market is concerned, selling your bitcoin on the exchange is the same as buying a cup of coffee with it, its a sell order for all practical purposes. BTC/USD volume does the same as BTC/CUPOFFCOFFEE.
If no one is "selling" (this is impossible, someone will always take profit in a sea of actors), there is no opportunity to "buy". The bids will keep increasing, making this even more of a bubble, until someone freaks out from all the profit potential and dumps on all those delicious bids.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:08:04 AM

If no one will spend their coins that it will not help bitcoin price goes higher in future which will lead bitcoin to be a weaker currency in future, if we want that bitcoin should grow then we need to spend it like other currencies.

agreed, the people who save and hold their bitcoin, and also the people who spend their bitcoin both play a big role to the price increase.

That is balancing the economy of bitcoin. The more people who will hold the higher price bitcoin will happen and in counterpart of it, there should be more people who are spending their bitcoins. But we all know that in this type of hoarding, the price is likely to increase even no spends people will be forced to buy at higher rate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:22:47 AM

I can't imagine myself not spending my bitcoin because the main reason why i keep on working hard is because i want to earn in order to support my basic needs.

If that will surely happen, maybe, the price of bitcoin will go down.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:26:21 AM

Check it out here

I think it will have a higher price. Like in the relation of demand and supply by which if something has less supply it will be more indemand. In Bitcoin  if all of its users won't use it or spend it, investors will demand for it. All cryptocurrency including Bitcoin depends on the market demand in terms of their prices. So if the demand will increase, its market value will definitely too.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:27:17 AM

Check it out here

It is true that if there's nobody that will use it will become useless and bitcoin may disappear. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency if a currency is not used, its price will become so low then it will disappear.

Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:28:24 PM

It will be a long process, I guess. If everyone is holding, sometime soon or later, there will be a demand. And with demand comes high prices. And with high prices there will be surge of people who held their Bitcoin selling them thus resuming the cycle. But if it fully stopped, then what’s the sense? What is the purpose? Sooner or later, demands will drop and so are the prices condemning the bitcoin to uselessness.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:09:18 PM

If bitcoin is not used as a means of payment, but only as a means of storing value, this will have a bad effect on his course. However, this will not happen. People will always make expensive purchases and large deals in bitcoin. Therefore, a certain number of transactions in bitcoin will always be.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:35:46 PM

If bitcoin is not used as a means of payment, but only as a means of storing value, this will have a bad effect on his course. However, this will not happen. People will always make expensive purchases and large deals in bitcoin. Therefore, a certain number of transactions in bitcoin will always be.
You're right.Although some people just wish to keep their bitcoins without spending,it would give somehow a negative effect on part of the bitcoin market.But of course no one would ever do it.I really believe most of the people here work for bitcoin to have a bigger profit which will be also used to sustain their daily needs.And some are really used to purchase expensive items using their bitcoins.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:40:31 AM

It will be a long process, I guess. If everyone is holding, sometime soon or later, there will be a demand. And with demand comes high prices. And with high prices there will be surge of people who held their Bitcoin selling them thus resuming the cycle. But if it fully stopped, then what’s the sense? What is the purpose? Sooner or later, demands will drop and so are the prices condemning the bitcoin to uselessness.

I agree with you so i think bitcoin needs a balanced market. If there are holders then there is also trader who will balanced the market because the market of bitcoin needs supply so the cycle will continue because if everyone will not sell their bitcoin then the miners will become useless because they also make profit from confirming transactions so if there will be no transaction then bitcoin will just die and its price will become worthless.
Somz1

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:18:53 AM

The value will shoot up I think
janeparamas

Activity: 293

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:46:43 AM

Is trading included on spends bitcoin ? If yes, the price of bitcoin will stuck because no one spend their bitcoin. I think it will never happen, no one spends bitcoin. It will happen if all people not trusting bitcoin anymore and leave it. The price of bitcoin can fall so hard if it happened.

██   ██   ██   ██      ██   ██   ██   ██
██   ██   ██   █████████████████████████
██   ██   ██                          ██
██   ██   ██                          ██
██   ██   ██████████████████████████████
██   ██                               ██
██   ██                               ██
████████████████████████████████████████
██                               ██   ██
██                               ██   ██
██████████████████████████████   ██   ██
██                          ██   ██   ██
██                          ██   ██   ██
█████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██

HACKEN

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______

______
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:59:42 AM

Check it out here

If that happen bitcoin will be stable and people maybe not invest to bitcoin, we are here to invest and to earn if we not spend it what  will happen to our bitcoin it will stuck and it will go down the price.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: