Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52567 times)
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:08:49 PM

It's just not possible since more and more major retailers are accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment. In the case that nobody really spend BTC, then anybody guess would be the value going down. Investors are investing currently in hope that Bitcoin would eventually be mass adopted as the new digital currency.

erep

Activity: 2296
Merit: 594

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:16:22 PM

Any currency will be in the market until it is being circulated from people. If everyone leaves it then it will be the addresses than to be in an exchange or for a service.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sylenth

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

if no one is going to spend bitcoin,means there can't be any buyer which will make the market stable or market will go in ideal state where nothing is moving and graph will just be a straight line, which means the price of bitcoin will remain same,but it's never gonna happen because there will be someone who is going to sell bitcoin no matter what and keep the market moving .

on the other hand a second case can take place that is:
 price can go up because people expect that more people will expect that some people will buy,  or price can  go down  if everyone get bored of stable market ,and thus demand of btc could decrease .

so in the long run where fundamentals matter, eventually holders will sell just because they need to buy things.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:41:25 PM

Since bitcoin is a universal currency,ii don't think that all people would take the decision to no more spend bitcoins at the same time.Definitely,there will be a difference in demand for bitcoins in various areas.In some areas,the demand may be high and in some areas low.But in case,if such a situation of no one spending bitcoins happens,then bitcoin price would gradually start to fall.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:52:17 PM

It would be hard for that to happen, but it is not impossible. If no one spends their Bitcoins, for some time price would be pretty much the same. It would stay in one place because people would continue to buy Bitcoin. After some time price would start to go down, because if people do not sell or spend their Bitcoins, I guess that currency is losing its value. Money is made to be spent, so enjoy your Bitcoins. Cheesy
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:11:30 PM

bitcoin rate will increase more and more whenever people will increase their investment in bitcoin due to which the rate of bitcoin will increase and more people will start investing but if people stop spending bitcoin then the circulation of bitcoin fall down and the bitcoin rate will also fall down.

That's how bitcoin has a high price and we should continue to provide information to everyone to produce higher bitcoin price.

Getting bitcoin devalued is just impossible for me, why? Bitcoin is the most popular and the most superior coin amongst all the coins here in the cryptocurrency world. But let's say that it is really going to happen then I guess it would remains out there, with a low value, yes, and if no one spends or using bitcoin anymore, that just means it is end of the world.
Bruce Wayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:12:16 PM

Why do you want it to be stuck at one price?

Join My Newsletter (Free) By Shooting Me A Message On Here With Your Email Address. 1st Newsletter Goes Out in December! Happy Trading.
Therly

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:34:59 AM

I am sorry to say, but this concern is like, what would come about of the sky would tumble!!  This would not happen, due to the fact there are to a lot of individuals on the networks and there is no purpose for them to cease utilizing the method.  Asking what if is never ever something a lot more than a squander of time.  What if I was a millionaire???  I would not be right here.
CaesarCipher

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

Bitcoin could still play a role as a digital store of value.

People don't spend gold typically on a transactional basis. But few would argue that gold doesn't play an important role or is valuable.
innocent_one

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:01:39 AM

First of all I don't think people are going to stop using Bitcoin , because it's the future and who doesn't want to be a part of the digital currency.
The decrease in people using Bitcoin would eventually lead to the rise or a much stable condition than it is right now.
But if you are saying that the drop in usage is huge then it might be a different case , Because no one is there to exchange them which will lead to drop in price.
People will lose faith in Bitcoin and the time might come when it's worth nothing.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:31:41 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Yeah I agree with you, it will looks like a local currencies that have a fixed price. May be the advantage of it is when the price is stuck on high value. But in my side it going to be boring, no thrill, and it can be predictable so that many experts and well e perience in this industry got more chance to have a big earning without risk and lot of lost.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:43:07 AM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

I think that the price is going to be stable then if no one is going to spend a coin and I hate it when the price is stable because it is boring.
I know that you have to be patient with Bitcoin but sometimes the price can be stable for a long time.
There will be no flactuation in price of bitcoin it must be stable and its not good to invest .Because the price cannot be profitable due to price of it its not working and still its stable.It will stuck and the price of bitcoin will be worth none.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:50:45 AM

If no one will spends bitcoin I think the price will go up as long as people are buying it. Spending bitcoin and selling bitcoin in the trading platform are different. Just like gold no one spends gold but there are some people who sells it. As long as there are people willing to pay for an item or in this case digital currency the price will just go higher.
CheeseZineSlash

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:38:47 AM

Most likely the bitcoin will go down before long or later on than and also will considerably less far more used also so it would not be great at all for the bitcoin.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 05:53:26 AM

The coin will eventually lose its value because no one wants it. A product has only value when its needed and if no one would buy it then it is useless. Bitcoin has no value in the beginning but later on, people see the value of it that's why it is has a significant value nowadays because it is what the agreed worth of the coin by the people. It may lose its value later on when something would make the people more interested in investing in like a new version of bitcoin or another altcoin. if we wanted to retain or increase its value then we should continue to support it.

Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 05:56:05 AM

Who spends Bitcoin now?  96% of all BTC is held by 4% of users.  Most of the rest is probably lost or held by signature campaigners.
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

This is just my own view on the matter which is I think bitcoins will be stabilized a little bit and the price increase(continuous) would be controlled if no one spend bitcoins but it is not a good thing if it will happen for a long time. If it happened for a long time then its value would continuously decrease and time will come it will labeled as ""No Value". But I do think this won't happen unless someone instigated on doing this.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:19:11 AM

The whole world is using bitcoin one way or the other for daily transactions worldwide so the situation is uncertain where no one is ready to spend on bitcoin. The Whole bitcoins is not handled by one individual so each person will be having different thought on what to do with bitcoins, if one person handles all the bitcoins then he might think of keeping all bitcoins for himself rather than spending them. some people might spend bitcoins when he thinks that he will get huge profit from investment, when no one is ready to spend bitcoins the value of bitcoins skyrocket to a peak as there is more demand of bitcoins in the crypto network.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

Check it out here

I see here that there s a greater of chance of having its value stable or stucked at a certain price. Why? Because if bitcoin price started to go down, many bitcoin holders will start to sell there bitcoins in fear of getting there bitcoin at its lowest value possible. Thus, when some sells bitcoin pricewill start to grow up again. This is why I believe that not spending bitcoin will be possible for a long time, maybe a short time but never will be a long term problem.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:16:26 PM

Check it out here

It might go the other way around, I guess. Look, if everyone is holding their bitcoins then that means the demand will increase while the supply stays low. But honestly, I don't think this will happen - people who earn bitcoins will certainly be excited at some point to spend it to something they badly wanted. Earning bitcoins is not much different from earning salary in a day job, except for taxes.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: