Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:34:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52567 times)
pavelkdr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:47:40 PM

There will usually be people buying and selling bitcoin on exchanges or changing it for Gold, Fiat, Dark Web products or whatsoever so basically it really is constantly transferring, i do not see the level listed here.
BeerPanda

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

I don’t know what exactly can happen but I think we totally wouldn’t lose.
dansmith_99

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:17:49 PM

Bitcoin is a currency. People will always be buying things with it so should never be a case where everyone is holding.
Lumen111

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:22:48 PM

Even using bitcoin as a means of accumulation, sooner or later, it will have to be spent!
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:51:52 PM

If ever no one will sell there bitcoins the bitcoin price goes up and up until some people will reach the good price that they want to sell there bitcoins at a very good profit

stanisl

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:41:00 PM

Of course there is this IF, as lengthy as you deliver up that IF you could never ever achieve any summary.There are hundreds of people living on day-to-day basis with shelling out bitcoins, so even by the best probabilities every person else decides not to invest any bitcoins, I might gladly will do just that since not absolutely everyone can wait around to see if that IF operates and how does it work.But IF I can handle a 7 days without having eating and consuming then other folks as nicely we could place it to the test to see what actually transpires.There are bitcoin clones but men and women need to have the insurance policies which comparatively to other cash bitcoin seems to provide to the desk far more than other individuals and that is why is most employed cryptocurrency.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

Nothing would happen. As far as I can tell no one spends it now. Everyone is just holding for a price increase.

As far as I can tell, this is still the correct answer.

Smpdytz

Activity: 122
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

No need to worry bitcoin will hit $10,000within couple of months.and btc is always a good investment .buy some btc and eth and try to find better ico and invest them it mighty be a greatest investment for your life
Nevis

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:46:37 PM

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

If people stop spending their bitcoin, the bitcoin's price will stay or might get higher because there are too much pressure in the market especially for those who want to invest. In that case, bitcoin will not be properly regulated and cause some problems and issues. But I think most people spend their bitcoins anyways and just put about above 50% for them to hold and use again in the future.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:59:18 PM

Most very likely the bitcoin will go down soon or afterwards than and also will significantly less much more used too so it would not be very good at all for the bitcoin.
If that case would ever happen, the case is still unknown. And besides will it ever happen, despite all of this dumps and segwits, the price of Bitcoin is still considered as a pump. Compared to last year it was boomed like 200% of its price, and it is still continuing to increase in value.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:06:32 PM

Check it out here

I think that it is possible that no one will spend on bitcoin but to be realistic there will be and will be someone to spend their bitcoin. If that will happen the price of bitcoin will be stable because no one is buying or selling their bitcoin but as I said in realistic way there will be always someone to invest or use their bitcoin that's what I believe.
betMaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

Saving the majority of the money will certainly mean a lack of liquidity in the market and therefore a lack of new projects or any kind of investment since people won't have the resources to grow or even maintain an existing project . The lack of cash will create not just economic problems but also politic and social problems since the rate of criminality will certainly increase due to people not finding money to spend and thus the security of the society will be endangered which will create a political problematic in consequence and all of this will be the same whether in the real or the crypto world because the two worlds do resemble to each other . But i don't really think this will ever happen because the majority of the world population are 1st class consumers and they just love spending their money whether on shopping , getting life supplements , getting wasted or even spend it on unnecessary things , people even resort to shopping as a treatment to create joy so people won't ever stop spending cash or bitcoin .
LyQaN

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:24:12 PM

Initially not selling bitcoins will increase its market price, hypothetically if there is no expenditure there will come point when all of bitcoin will be finished because its limited so it will reach its threshold ,so after reaching this threshold its price will become stable and further may start dropping because there will be no mining and if no of users increased to they are not get anything.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
migueltiu

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

Check it out here

I think that the price is going to be stable then if no one is going to spend a coin and I hate it when the price is stable because it is boring.
I know that you have to be patient with Bitcoin but sometimes the price can be stable for a long time.

I totally agree. I hate refreshing most of the time just to see if it is really not moving. Sometimes I thought my PC is just frozen but when I checked it out it really didn't move. Nothing to do if that shit happens.

If no one uses bitcoins, I agree that it'll maintain its value however with its vast popularity I doubt that would happen. Checking out Facebook right now, I see so much videos about cryptocurrencies and it's really becoming a trend right now!!
sayemcse

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:52:06 PM

well thinking... i think so, btc price will be stuck if someone doesn't spend any money :p

but remember Everybody wants BTC  Wink so that anyone spends money here if they understand about Cryptocurrency 
jer

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:51:47 PM

Its price either will stand still, or go down. But I do not think that this will happen, you just have to wait until you can freely spend bitcoins, now there's just nowhere to do it. In the meantime, wait for growth.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:57:24 PM

of course that bitcoin rate will go down, its same that bticoin buy order on all market in the world is ZERO, no want to buy bitcoin so some trader is decreased their price amount in sell order that make 1 seller with other seller decreased the low price until they got some buyer to buy their bitocin

Nelson2

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:53:02 PM

If none spends bitcoin, the circulation of bitcoin gets decreased. This decrease in circulation reduces the price of bitcoin and at the same time the price of altcoin.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:21:44 PM

If no one spends Bitcoin then that is a good thing especially right now. The network needs people to HODL to preserve the value of the network in it's infancy stages.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:38:08 PM

There will be always someone who would like to sell their BTC. If everyone was holding then miners wouldn't earn anything from transactions and mine they would mine empty blocks (assuming that nobody would move their BTC between addresses). Bitcoin would be probably ditched in such situations. Other people would switch to other cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: