Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:45:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52574 times)
colmenajose

Activity: 278
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:48:26 AM

If nobody spends bitcoin, it is logical that its price will increase; becoming thus a cryptocurrency of greater value, and therefore more desired in the market.
MoneyMotivatesMe

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:54:15 AM

First, I think that can only happen if governments around the world ceased the use of bitcoins so let's say that only less will use it, the price will going to jump 100x quickly.
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:15:38 AM

I think this is unlikely because do not forget that bitcoin remains one of the most popular crypto currency. Even if many crypto currencies cease to exist, bitcoin will remain. And will become one of the decentralized currencies of countries.
Ampong2121

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:30:38 AM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

I think the bitcoin price will increase so that they gonna buy bitcoin again. And if people use bitcoin again then the price will decrease again. So if no one buy bitcoin they gonna do something so that the bitcoin will lost its value.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:33:51 AM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

Always remember that the value of cryptocurrency in the market is always based on the demand and supply so if people will just hold their coins then bitcoins will increase its value even more due to the lack of supply and massive demand.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

if people started holding bitcoin an not spending it then it will soon become almost extint cryptocurrency. i dont actully care that the price will rise or not but the main thing for me is that people can not hold all the coins without any super important reason or else no one else will have coins to transact.
tokenburn

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:21:37 PM

there will always be coins to transact, you will just transact in smaller and smaller amounts until 1 sat = $1
Marinduque

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:57:02 PM

If people doesn't spend money. The bitcoin price will stock on it value/price. If that happened some people might lose interest in bitcoin. Smiley
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:27:42 PM

Bitcoin not being spent is going to make the unusual happen, price of bitcoin will eventually stop growing and it's user's will loose faith in bitcoin, thereby causing new investors to be threatened..
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:29:50 PM

If bitcoin is no longer usable the people surely will stop buying it. Naturally bitcoin will come to and end.
Bitcoin is not going anywhere but to another persons wallet that wants more Bitcoins. You have to wait with Bitcoin so the money can come.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:02:29 AM

Arguably bitcoin has already failed because it was supposed to be used as a form of currency but it has turned into digital gold. No-one wants to spend their bitcoin during a bull run and hodl it as much as possible. However, i think it will always be spent - even if only used just to buy altcoins

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
m9shn9sh

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:09:59 AM

I think that bitcoin case is diffrent from usual currencies. We use btc only as a speculating tool. No one's economic is based on bitcoin.
thycrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:19:27 AM

It will only go down if people hold and no one is buying btc. There will either be one or the other. If people are not buying and only selling the price would dump. But if they are holding and no one buying or selling then yes, it would not move.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:32:15 AM

This is true for the regulated systems or markets that demand and supply managing the price but do not forget that we have unregulated market what we are buying/selling trading, so demand/supply is not the major effects on pricing.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

In practice, there can be no such that bitcoin kept everything and no one sold it. In principle, the price of bitcoin in any case depends on the demand for it. If the demand for bitcoin will be, and no one will sell it or sell very little, that is, the offer will be minimal, then the price in theory should increase. However, this is all a theory, as it will be on
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:49:19 AM

It will only go down if people hold and no one is buying btc. There will either be one or the other. If people are not buying and only selling the price would dump. But if they are holding and no one buying or selling then yes, it would not move.

bitcoin becomes very unpopular if it gets difficult to obtain, which i expect to happen, and it will look like an egoistic sect garbaging the world with their propaganda.

therefore popularity and acceptance will drop, afterwards

it is actually happening already and it will continue in my oppinion

espiapogi1994

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:11:29 AM

i think the price it will be stuck and it will be stabilized because no coin surrounds in that system.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:16:01 AM

I think it wouldn't really bother at all .
Because the price of bitcoin depends on the demand so basically even if we don't spend it as long as there is a demand for it the price would continue to grow.
cemburu

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:38:25 AM

I think it wouldn't really bother at all.
Because the price of bitcoin depends on the demand so basically even if we don't spend it as long as there is a demand for it the price would continue to grow.
I strongly agree. It is not at all influential for Bitcoin. Because of the rise and fall of Bitcoin's price is pure because of the many and the least market demand.
Derrick

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:20:59 AM

If no one will spend their coins that it will not help bitcoin price goes higher in future which will lead bitcoin to be a weaker currency in future, if we want that bitcoin should grow then we need to spend it like other currencies.

In my opinion, if no one spends bitcoin,the price of it become stagnant and the value will decreases.The investment will be stucked. The buying and selling online will stop. The transaction of buying and selling will become slow..And if that happened, the great future of bitcoin will end. And as a result of that, there is no alternative source of earning. And this will affect every individuals who uses bitcoin as their currency.
That would not happen, the reason why bitcoin is now very successful is because of its users.
People are adopting, hence the supply has grown and with the investors who hold their bitcoin, it only makes the price pump giving them a big benefits.
Whatever your purpose in bitcoin, I am sure you will be satisfied since it's a revolutionary currency.
Bitcoin require a circling stream and the stream coursing then the rate of bitcoin will be expanded and if the flowing of bitcoin is stop then the rate of bitcoin will likewise begin diminishing and that is the reason that bitcoin required increasingly venture.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: