Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:34:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DHL shipping issues, who is at fault? need advice (squall1066 vs BITMAIN)  (Read 1776 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:25:26 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 01:03:30 PM by squall1066

Hiya guys,

Strange thing happening in DHL, not sure where to post this, I do need legal advice so here we go.

I bought some S9 units from bitmain, done so many times before noproblem there, I am shipping them to USA to my hosting facillity (I am in UK)

on the tracking details I see a "awating clearance event" whilst the units are showing to be in USA, I think nothing of it as it normally says that for a short while.

however, 4 days have now passed and I get a e-mail from DHL in polish! with a quick translation they are asking me to fill out a declaration/import requirements form?

they want everything, passport/driving licence, you name it! I really thought this was wierd, so I checked the source of the e-mail, and it was from DHL all right!

then, I checked the attachments (after scanning them first) and to my surprise it has a polish name/address on delivery address, with a totally different waybill number and phone number!

Also in my tracking of my units, they did not stop off over in poland, according to the tracking it left china and went to USA (check out- check in)

I just cant see how these two orders are being confused, then I get a shirty e-mail from bitmain, firstly thanking me for contacting them (which I did not)

and then saying if the declaration details are not filled in and it gets shipped back to destination, they wont refund and I am liable for re-shipping!

where the hell do I stand on this? I messaged them back with what I received and I am awaiting a reply now.

I will not re-pay shipping on my units for this, oh by the way, the item in poland is one unit, I have two units being held lol

I did respond with all this info to the polish DHL representative, then I got a message back saying they were out of the office and was not available at this time (in the middle of a e-mail conversation) and it was in English so I could understand it (all other e-mails were in Polish)

help! lol

EDIT - 17/07/16 12:26

I have moved to scam area ONLY to show whats happaning, As there is not really a relavent ares for this topic, I am not calling bitmain a scammer, But I do know he has used my details to ship multiple units around the world, now I am under investigation from importing authoraties from around the world.

I have had no responce to bitmain or team AT ALL, so I am moving to the next step, I now have to get legal representation to prove those units were not mine, this is now costing me time and effort for his mistake.

BITMAIN PLEASE TALK TO ME!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:02:53 PM

Lawyers and people experienced in matters like this over to you... @op I think this matter is something that can be resolved if you have your documents for shipping in the first place and I believed when you quote it to the right party hope it gets resolved...
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 07:31:23 AM

Lawyers and people experienced in matters like this over to you... @op I think this matter is something that can be resolved if you have your documents for shipping in the first place and I believed when you quote it to the right party hope it gets resolved...

yes, problem is, no one is talking to me, DHL have now stopped, bitmain is no contact, and if these units get shipped back, there are duties back into china, what happens there?

As it's not my unit in poland, but they are holding mine in USA, I wonder if thy were all booked with my contact details? in which case, not my fault.

I am hoping to get some info today, as I am not sure how long I have left.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:20:34 AM

well done bitmain, I am now under investigation as to why I am not complying to MULTIPLE country's request for import of goods.

I believe bitmain has put in my contact details for multiple delivery's to save time, now my units are being sent back.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 12:00:56 PM

What a mess - sorry to hear about your problems squall1066  Sad

I was thinking that maybe someone who has done business with you before is now using your details to order these things?

Bitmain are certainly terrible with regards to communication & my own experiences with DHL are also dire to say the least - neither of them like to talk with their customers much, but I hope you find a way to solve this.

Edity: Citizens Advice should be able to give you some helpful guidance.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:09:08 PM

well done bitmain, I am now under investigation as to why I am not complying to MULTIPLE country's request for import of goods.

I believe bitmain has put in my contact details for multiple delivery's to save time, now my units are being sent back.
Its very unprofessional for a company like bitmain to include your contact details into other peoples orders in order to save their time.

They might also be doing this to other customers as well.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:03:11 PM

Its very unprofessional for a company like bitmain to include your contact details into other peoples orders in order to save their time.

They might also be doing this to other customers as well.

true, I must point out that it is difficult to post too much proof here, if anyone doubts this, all the proof I have is screen shots and e-mail attachments of units in question and they all have personal information (phone numbers/delivery addresses/etc...) but I am happy to give snippets of orders to mods if they feel it necessary.

but to your point, other orders WILL be going back, so you just need to sit and wait for others to come here (if they want to)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:11:49 AM

UPDATE.

A barrage of messages received this morning, from bitmain and DHL (multiple but mostly about the original poland items)

A unit in Germany has confirmed it is not mine and asked me to ignore correspondence  Grin so thats one down

from sherry (bitmain)

hi
The shipment with the tracking number xxxxxxxxxx is to USA, you can find the invoice in the attachment .
And on the invoice you provided to us is another tracking number xxxxxxxxxx, maybe the custom or our shipping team put the wrong message on this shipment

Sorry for trouble,please use the correct invoice to process the custom clearance asap .

i like the "maybe" bit, I can see something is happening, I have sent another load of messages to DHL and trying to stop my units from leaving USA.

I have been advised to wait to see if this can be resolved through messaging everyone, as I cant do anything legally until I can prove other in this loop have been given a chance and I have taken all the steps I can.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:25:16 PM

UPDATE.

Bitmain have written some more and said sorry, and they have contacted DHL with relevant shipping info and asked them to deliver items and not return them.

Thats about as good as they can to to be honest.

Right now the shipping info still say's "pending clearance" but I hope the lack of communication was due to the weekend and not me spamming messages everywhere.

All though I am pleased bitmain is sorting this out (or looks like it at least) I still consider this to be a blunder and will not use directly again, this was a big head ache for me, and for such a big company should be shipping things more accurately, as there are thousands of dollars at stake and some of us have a big investment on their hardware, and for me was just too unprofessional for their outfit.

I am hoping my next update will be to say it's all sorted, sorry for all the info, but I like to document my journey in case this is helpful to anyone in the future.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:14:48 PM

What a mess - sorry to hear about your problems squall1066  Sad

my own experiences with DHL are also dire to say the least ... I hope you find a way to solve this.

I can echo this, if it's any consolation. Dealing with DHL can be very very frustrating.

Of possible interest - in my cases, the problems appeared to start when "my" government (Canada) told DHL how much money it wanted to seize on the transaction. DHL appeared to freeze at this, although it must be absolutely routine in their business. Rather than contacting me to ask for payment, they just sat on the shipments. They had shown tracking information (also not in English) with a delivery date. The date came and went, and they changed the status to "unknown, check back later" and would seemingly have kept it like that indefinitely. I infer that they lack some appropriate process for customer notification and duty/tax collection whenever the situation is unusual, meaning whenever they will not actually be sending a driver to your door.

In my case, sometimes DHL will hand off to another courier, sometimes a DHL truck will show up at my door, and sometimes they will say they don't serve my area - would I like to pick a package up two hours away? Chaos!

Good luck with your escalating situation, squall1066! It sounds painful.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:48:39 PM

Just finished reading this short painful hurdle.

This should noted to anyone who is ordering new units from bitmain, that this scenario can be you as well.

Thanks squall for the update, and it sucks that you had experience this..

Keep updating this, cause if their service is lacking esp with a known face in the community they need to change accordingly if they still want business.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:23:04 AM

This should noted to anyone who is ordering new units from bitmain, that this scenario can be you as well.

Keep updating this, cause if their service is lacking esp with a known face in the community they need to change accordingly if they still want business.

ok, so I have been getting a few e-mails from DHL confirming some delivery's are not mine, the problem now is my delivery, with just over 24 hours before return to sender kicks in, I get a message from DHL saying they want KYC from me.

Now with sending from china to USA I can understand this, as they wanted American citizen details like SSN, I wrote back saying I cant supply that info as I dont have it! being a UK resident.

I also asked them what law is requiring them to ask KYC, and why is this different now?

If they want my UK details and that's enough, then so be it, but I should have got this on day one, not day nine.

my worry is, if it gets shipped back, there are import duties back into china, Am I liable because of this blunder? there are still problems in the processing and I have just over a day to sort this out?

I am keeping an eye on e-mails today, I will let you guys know what happens.

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 11:48:41 AM

DHL.....nightmare  Roll Eyes

Squall1066, from personal experience with DHL ineptitude, I suggest you call them asap before the returns deadline passes - otherwise you will be inundated with requests for details, bill payments & charges that you are not liable for. The below link has a contact number:

http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/contact_centre/contact_express/contact_express_complaint.html

I have personally used this number before & although they do try & help to get the situation sorted, the complete lack of communication between their different departments/branches causes the process to drag on & on, which you absolutely do not want to happen. Just make sure you have all the info handy when you call them - & be prepared to hold/wait/talk to robots/press lots of buttons & be generally messed about. Decline any attempts by them to call you back as they usually don't, & refuse to get off the phone until the situation is clearly sorted with written confirmation via email. If they give you any kind of excuse, request to speak directly with their manager/superior (which is what I had to do)  - but if you are stubborn enough, you will get there in the end.

I feel your pain.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 09:56:48 PM

ok, so I have been getting a few e-mails from DHL confirming some delivery's are not mine, the problem now is my delivery, with just over 24 hours before return to sender kicks in, I get a message from DHL saying they want KYC from me.

Now with sending from china to USA I can understand this, as they wanted American citizen details like SSN, I wrote back saying I cant supply that info as I dont have it! being a UK resident.

I also asked them what law is requiring them to ask KYC, and why is this different now?

If they want my UK details and that's enough, then so be it, but I should have got this on day one, not day nine.

my worry is, if it gets shipped back, there are import duties back into china, Am I liable because of this blunder? there are still problems in the processing and I have just over a day to sort this out?

I am keeping an eye on e-mails today, I will let you guys know what happens.

It shouldnt be your job to foot the bill though esp for import duties on mismanaged logistics on DHL`s side.

The resolution to all this madness though seems like something bitmain should take care of that - if it were to come down to it since you are a "customer".

At this point, I have no idea how I would handle this case - unless you have a friend who can just go pick it up at bitmains office if it was sent back with the import duties and have then re-send this to the uk using a different carrier service then DHL.

Its amazing how bitmain hasnt bothered to reply here though which is bothering me..
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:21:42 AM

from sherry bitmain

hi
Really sorry for the trouble .
We've provided the correct invoice to DHL but they found the phone number is belong to Ukraine and they cant get you through the phone,and they said the phone number is invalid ,then they may confused with the shipments .
But we want to solve the case asap , there are the solutions below
1.Please try to found a forwarder in US to help you import the shipment ,they can help you provide the tax id .
2.If cant import the parcel before returning ,we'll try to request returning the products for free .but you need cover the shipping cost for the reshipping to you to US .This will give you another 5 days to find a forwarder to help you import the parcel .
3.if you cant import the parcel to US and just want returning it ,you need to cover the round shipping cost and Chinese import tax which will 30% of the order amount .
as we wont fully refund due to the failure of custom clearance

Please try the step 1 asap

This is from bitmain but alot has happened since,

I followed IconFirm's link, and I used the form initially to start off the process, but I did not see the "chat now" window, so I pressed it and got on to some live help!

I was able to discover (with one day remaining) that the hosting company could provide import details, as a non US citizen cant!

from kyle owens DHL
Hello

The irs info is required by customs for any shipment above the value of $2500usd. If you are not a US citizen  you can have a friend or family member act as the Importer on record for you. unfortunately we cannot clear this shipment without it. I will follow up with you tomorrow no later than 5pm your local time

Thanks

this has been provided, but what annoyed me is the part bitmain said
they found the phone number is belong to Ukraine
nope, ukrane starts with a +44 does it now ha ha ha.

BTW the ukrane one is new on me, this is much bigger blunder than I thought, I will let you know if my units make it there or not, I cant believe they are not responsible for import duties STILL!

WE NEED A COMPETITOR FOR BITMAIN!!!  Roll Eyes
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 09:32:04 AM

Glad the link helped, but I wouldn't wait until 5pm for the return call, they're infamous for not returning calls & the office will probably be shut then. I'd be inclined to call them using the phone number in the link @ ~3pm, just to be sure.

Seems Bitmain will say anything to pass the buck, but claiming a UK dialing code is Ukranian is a new low, even for them.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:36:43 AM

Glad the link helped, but I wouldn't wait until 5pm for the return call, they're infamous for not returning calls & the office will probably be shut then. I'd be inclined to call them using the phone number in the link @ ~3pm, just to be sure.

Seems Bitmain will say anything to pass the buck, but claiming a UK dialing code is Ukranian is a new low, even for them.

Yes, I am afraid I have lost my temper a bit and wrote a quite nasty letter to bitmain, I should have not gone that far and it's not me, but I am now under investigation "officially" for tax evaison! and I get that crap saying I am liable for return duties, sorry, "straw that broke the camels back"

I will not pay anything more to get my items to my destination, I will not use bitmain again, I am also out of mining as all my funds are being spent in legal representation, if I have any left over, I will be coming for your team aswell.

is how I ended the e-mail  Roll Eyes

it's weird I am laughing at it now.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 09:44:56 AM

Venting - it's healthy & makes you feel better!  Cheesy

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:59:31 AM

Venting - it's healthy & makes you feel better!  Cheesy

thanks for the validation  Grin

I am a little cooler now and it will probably sort it's self out given enough time, I have the invoice to show I only have one order, and the officer who came over said this does look like a genuine booking issue, so I need to chillax more, I just wish bitmain, would just fess up and say ok, my bad, and just sort this and move on. saying I still have lots of fees coming up if returned does not help my mental state.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 02:24:33 PM

from bitmain

hi
Sorry for the confusion ,but you need not to pay for the Chinese import tax if the parcel is not returning to China when we need to import it to our factory .
If you can find a hosting company to help you about it please ask them process it asap .
So we wont go to the solution 2 and 3 .

Am I being thicker than the off spring of a TV weather girl and the village idiot here?

They keep telling me that should the package be returned due to incomplete import procedure, "I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPORT TAX TO RETURN THE ITEM BACK INTO CHINA" then they come out with this crap.

may I reaming people what point 3 is they said?

3.if you cant import the parcel to US and just want returning it ,you need to cover the round shipping cost and Chinese import tax which will 30% of the order amount .
as we wont fully refund due to the failure of custom clearance

someone tell me am I going mad?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: