Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:34:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Silver and Gold Bullion at Low Prices! Updated 10/3/16  (Read 12403 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:30:49 AM

Just a heads up to everyone, I will not be accepting new orders after tomorrow morning. I'll be on vacation for about a week, and I dont want to have any packages still in transit when i'm unreachable. I'll begin taking orders again on Monday the 22nd.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:35:53 PM

Got my coins today, really really nice, very happy, thanks for the great packaging and fast delivery! Enjoy your vacation!  Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:59:48 PM

Got my coins today, really really nice, very happy, thanks for the great packaging and fast delivery! Enjoy your vacation!  Cheesy

Glad to hear it.

Sales are now closed until Monday the 22nd.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:05:59 PM

Sales are now closed until Monday the 22nd.

I'm home and metals are down  Angry

Sales are back up though!
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:14:42 PM

I've got a lot more smaller increment stuff and graded things that I may let go of.

edit:
Just curious - Any more graded items you may have, or did you change your mind? Thanks! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:20:44 PM

I've got a lot more smaller increment stuff and graded things that I may let go of.

edit:
Just curious - Any more graded items you may have, or did you change your mind? Thanks! Cheesy

I've got a couple of interesting numismatic pieces that I've ordered recently like: (pictured below) but nothing graded and slabbed at the moment.

https://i.imgur.com/HEHBcx1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oPcL0Ek.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uqlUZCi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AC42Qng.png

*edit* ack the image size, lets leave them as links. Theres a reason I haven't listed them for sale yet though. They are happily sitting in my personal collection at the moment. I've got a lot of neat stuff that I may or may not list in the future, its just that much of it was picked by myself for myself.
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:28:40 PM

No problem, thanks for the reply. What's the story behind that last coin you posted, looks really cool! Thanks again, always enjoy your thread and posts! Cheesy

Edit is that a giant octopus swallowing the ship? Super cool! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 10:47:31 PM

No problem, thanks for the reply. What's the story behind that last coin you posted, looks really cool! Thanks again, always enjoy your thread and posts! Cheesy

Edit is that a giant octopus swallowing the ship? Super cool! Smiley

Yep, Its a 2 Oz silver coin produced by the Elemetal Mint as part of the Privateer series. One side shows the Kraken grabbing the ship, and the other side (well I'll just post a picture) says No Prey No Pay with the Jolly Roger.

the rounds are obscenely detailed. The images stick about 3ish milimeters out of the face of the coin, by far one of my favorite pieces produced to date. On top of it all, they aren't super expensive at only $10 or so over spot.

*picture from ProvidentMetals

And heres a link where I'd recommend to buy them. There are 5 coins in the Privateer set, 4 of which are for sale at JMBullion. The Kraken/Siren are my favorite, the Captain and Plank are pretty neat too. The one that isn't listed here is called the Privateer. It was the first of the set and is quite pricey, but not as neat looking as the Kraken in my opinion.

http://www.jmbullion.com/search/?q=Elemetal+2+Oz&x=0&y=0
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 03:37:21 AM

I'll take one generic will you use trusted on site escrow or send first and I/escrow wouldn't release payment until I confirm its real?

Happy to use escrow, pmed.

I'm looking at the 10 Gram Gold Perth Bars for .7535 and I am thinking "is that right?"  because that is around $434.00. On other sites, like http://www.jmbullion.com/10-gram-perth-mint-gold-bar/, it is listed for $448.62.  Why is there such a difference in price?  Thanks

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:51:35 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 05:19:08 AM by SaltySpitoon

I'm looking at the 10 Gram Gold Perth Bars for .7535 and I am thinking "is that right?"  because that is around $434.00. On other sites, like http://www.jmbullion.com/10-gram-perth-mint-gold-bar/, it is listed for $448.62.  Why is there such a difference in price?  Thanks

Yes, the price is correct.

JMBullion is essentially my competition. They are a major bullion dealer that accepts Bitcoin. In order to get anyone to buy from me, I need to beat their prices. If I sell mine for $448.62 and they accept Bitcoin as well, I'd never have a sale.

That said, where JMBullion accepts Bitcoin at the same rate as cash/check, I can often trade BTC that I get from metal sales for fiat at a better rate. That way I'm able to offer bullion at under market rate, but still make something for my time. If you check everything I'm selling, its all well under market rates as I rely on the exchange rate whereas dealers rely on the premium over spot price to make their profit.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:30:48 PM

Thread is still active, just haven't updated it as I'm waiting for a few things to come in before I do so. Silver spot price is down quite a bit and the prices are moving up and down pretty rapidly so I haven't updated the prices. Next to every item is a breakdown of what I'm charging in terms of spot price + a premium, so in any case, that will be the correct price.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:34:27 PM

I have had a set of the Privateer series 2oz rounds and can recommend them.

The design is in high relief with good detail well worth the small premium.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:41:32 PM

Question:

Are these items on first page only gold and silver you have?

I'm interested in 2016 gold pandas
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 08:31:43 PM

Question:

Are these items on first page only gold and silver you have?

I'm interested in 2016 gold pandas

I've got a few more things that I haven't listed yet that I'll probably get around to midweek so that I can do it all in one swoop. I do not have any 2016 gold pandas however. I'm actually really hesitant to order gold, especially non fractional pieces. I've had 2.5-10 gram bars listed at around that of which a pawn shop would give me for them and no one has bit yet. I'm under the impression that if I throw my funds into gold, it will be locked up for quite some time.

People have been most interested in generic silver at as close to spot price as I can get, so thats what I've been stocking.

I have had a set of the Privateer series 2oz rounds and can recommend them.

The design is in high relief with good detail well worth the small premium.

I couldn't agree more. I've only got one set at the moment so I'm not selling them, but I very well might in the near future if I can find a decent deal on them and order more.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:39:23 PM

Listed a couple of new things that came in, notable the Elemetal Kraken rounds. Honestly speaking, if no one buys these, I'll be perfectly alright with that. These are in my opinion the most beautiful rounds I've ever seen. The detail is outstanding. If I threw a sticker on the back of it and called it a silver wallet, they'd sell out at 10x the asking price.

Single orders will receive free 1st class shipping, if you order 3 or more, priority shipping will be included.

*as a side note, the Provident Metals logo in the bottom left of the round is not actually on the coin  Tongue
they just had a reasonably sized picture that showed the detail well available, that I'm borrowing.
ps_jb

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:36:22 PM

If I threw a sticker on the back of it and called it a silver wallet, they'd sell out at 10x the asking price.

It is not as simple as you think.

The best success of making "coin" wallet is - design of "coin" should as ugly as you can do it.

Just look on what are they selling - being in coins collection from 1985 I would like to cry when I see those pieces of shit.

So your coins are too good for wallets.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:57:06 PM

It is not as simple as you think.

The best success of making "coin" wallet is - design of "coin" should as ugly as you can do it.

Just look on what are they selling - being in coins collection from 1985 I would like to cry when I see those pieces of shit.

So your coins are too good for wallets.

I have no hate for the physical bitcoin makers, but I feel the same way. I know the cost associated with producing coins, and the premiums associated with even rare/historical/low mintage coins, and what people trade physical BTC for makes me cringe. I had a 1 oz silver coin (not really historical or anything) with a total mintage of 1000 and it was MS70 (1 of 15 MS70 coins in existence) and it sold at ~$250 over spot value. 1 BTC Brass Cas coins have a far greater premium than that, and they cost like $3 to produce.

I've been considering making my own Bitcoin related bullion and selling it at a reasonable premium ~$5 over spot for a while. Maybe throw a piece of duct tape over the back with a piece of a sticky note that has a bitcoin address on it. I have my eye on a 50/100 ton hydraulic press, but I'm having a hard time deciding where I'd put it.
ps_jb

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:50:36 PM

I've been considering making my own Bitcoin related bullion

If you are serious in this - i would like to participate. What this project will need is - a great designer and coin concept.

And of course premium will not be $5 over melt
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:14:51 PM

If you are serious in this - i would like to participate. What this project will need is - a great designer and coin concept.

And of course premium will not be $5 over melt

Having coins created isn't all that difficult or expensive. Selling at $5 over spot wouldn't be overly profitable, but it would be feasible. The upfront costs are $350-500 for the dies, the blanks themselves, and the design cost.

I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, but as I said I don't really have the space to put a 50/100 ton hydraulic press at the moment. When I do get to it, I might grab a 200 ton one so that I can do US Mint styled quick strikes for the high relief proof stuff. The fancier things would be slightly more, probably like $10 over spot, but none of this 0.5-1 BTC premium nonsense.
ps_jb

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:21:23 PM

Having coins created isn't all that difficult or expensive. Selling at $5 over spot wouldn't be overly profitable, but it would be feasible. The upfront costs are $350-500 for the dies, the blanks themselves, and the design cost.

You dont need a press. All you need to send your die to "mint" company and raw silver material
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: