Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: dumb question - I can't get an answer from either Apple or Google  (Read 2806 times)
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

That's not the same thing,  I was asking if I could accept payments in bitcoin as an inapp purchase.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

Yes, I know you were. The answer is I don't know. But if you do accept them (check out Andreas' API for this) and you get kicked off the Play Store, the version with in-app payments could always be distributed outside the store instead.

https://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/wiki/InAppPayments
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:34:04 PM

Would I be violating their rules if I took Bitcoins though the app?

I can't speak for the Google Play Store, but I'm an iOS developer and I can guarantee you won't get an app that takes Bitcoins into the app store.  Apple made blockchain.info remove their wallet feature, and they will not let you take payment in any form except through the Apple authorized methods.

So sorry man, you're out of luck when it comes to the iOS app store.

False. The blockchain.info iphone wallet is still working. I have it on my 5

Yeah, and I bet your 5 is jailbroken too.  Try it on an unjailbroken phone.  The wallet functionality has been completely gutted.  Thus, my point still stands, that Apple will not allow this in their app store.

Since when? My I4S is still working I take payments on it all the time.
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:57:38 PM

They ( Apple ) allow an app that shows exchange rates, but they have also taken other
bitcoin apps off their market, presumably because they want to have their own mobile
payment system.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bitcoin-app-free/id452812505?mt=8

http://www.freetalklive.com/content/apple_removes_bitcoin_wallet_apps_monopolize_mobile_payments

I dont know about Google.
xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:50:03 AM

Man I cant wait to see apple disappear forever.
Epicurus

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:42:37 AM

That's not the same thing,  I was asking if I could accept payments in bitcoin as an inapp purchase.

Definitely not. Apple takes a 30% cut off payments made through their platform. If they want bitcoin to be a permissible form of payment, they'll let users pay with it. Until then, no chance.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:10:06 AM

eyll
While I do not know anything aboutybe it, I am sure that Apple/Google will find a way to make anything like that illegal.
Or at least profitable Smiley

Who knows, maybe they'll ask you to use an address they control. ..and they'll pass along the remainder. The accounting would be transparent at least (unlike the current system where ya gotta trust their numbers).

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:20:50 PM

Man I cant wait to see apple disappear forever.

They probably won't, they have too many fans (and I won't even comment on that,) but we can always dream.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 05:20:30 AM

Damn, I wanted to add Bitcoin to my app, too and kind of remember it was something along the line of "alternative ways of payment are ok as long as there is a way to pay through google and this is not more expensive" aka. as long as you also allow users to pay via google, they don't mind you accepting PayPal or Bitcoin etc.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
heidula

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:24:35 PM

You can always add bitcoin to your android app, and publish it on an alternative store (not googles play store). Maybe amazon store, getjar, f-droid or simply self publish it.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:20:46 PM

You can always add bitcoin to your android app, and publish it on an alternative store (not googles play store). Maybe amazon store, getjar, f-droid or simply self publish it.
Fdroid ... only open source
Amazon ... same system as Google
Google ... 99.9% market share

So there really is no alternative to getting along with Google.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:45:47 PM

Self publishing is quite feasible. Maybe it's hard to remember, but that's how we distributed software for all the decades up till now Wink

I wonder if you can use in-app purchasing for donations. If so then there should be no problem with accepting Bitcoin too, I guess.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: