Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSwap  (Read 2589 times)
asdf (OP)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2010, 10:13:50 PM

I've created this website
bitswap.cz.cc

It's supposed to be for bitcoin users as a meeting/market place where people can trade their goods and services for bitcoins. I'm hoping that it will aid the growth of a robust bitcoin economy where people can easily find and trade a wider range of goods and services, thus increasing the value/utility of bitcoin. So far, no takers. So I thought I'd "plug it" in this forum.

Perhaps it's not really what the community needs or wants right now, but if anyone wants to suggest any ideas or improvements/features that will make it more useful to them as a service, please let me know (contact@bitswap.cz.cc). Also, any ideas on promotion would be welcome. I've already added it to a few directories.

asdf

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
October 25, 2010, 10:16:21 PM

I have a few observations.

1. It looks terrible.
2. YAK ! Dark green ! This is disgusting.
3. It does not look trustworthy. You really need to create a more professional image if You want people to trust You with their money.
4. You are a newbie on this forum, with 17 posts, with no reputation. How are people supposed to trust You anyway ?
5. Your domain name is VERY bad & unprofessional, If You're wanting to do some serious buisness with it.
6. EDIT: No SSL ? Not even a non-authority-signed certificate ? What is this ? It definately looks like a scam site, i can tell You.
7. Are you serious about this at all ?
8. GOTO 1

asdf (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 01:42:24 AM

I have a few observations.

1. It looks terrible.
2. YAK ! Dark green ! This is disgusting.
3. It does not look trustworthy. You really need to create a more professional image if You want people to trust You with their money.
4. You are a newbie on this forum, with 17 posts, with no reputation. How are people supposed to trust You anyway ?
5. Your domain name is VERY bad & unprofessional, If You're wanting to do some serious buisness with it.
6. EDIT: No SSL ? Not even a non-authority-signed certificate ? What is this ? It definately looks like a scam site, i can tell You.
7. Are you serious about this at all ?
8. GOTO 1

Thanks for the tips. I agree that it doesn't look very good, I'm not a web designer, just a coder. But I'll try to improve the appearance.

I don't think trust is a huge issue, because I'm not selling anything. It's a free service. You have nothing to lose by posting a notice. Though, I do intend to charge a small fee for posting if the site grows, but that's down the track.

The reason I don't have SSL and a proper domain is because I'm a cheap ass and I don't want to invest money into this thing if it's not gonna get used. Would you use it if I fixed the various issues you mention (get a proper DN/SSL and fix the style)?

It's hard to judge if there is a market for this thing and what features would be considered important or useful.

Thanks for the advice.
asdf
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 03:08:14 AM

looks better than craigslist.

I read SOH's description before going, and expected much worse.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2010, 06:46:04 AM

I will not be as critical as SOH.

It could be a bit better (with some pictures) but what I'm essentially missing is a list of all offers and a list of the last 10 offers.

ploum

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2010, 06:47:30 AM

Well, I created an account but I cannot login.

I want to offer a fridge that I have and that I don't use for bitcoins.

asdf (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 06:58:50 AM

Cool!

There was a bug in the login script. sorry about that. It should be working now. Please try again.

I'll add a list of the 10 most recent offers on the home page. I'll also try my skill at designing a picture. Thanks for the feedback.
ploum

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2010, 09:05:02 AM

Still unable to login.

I also discovered http://www.biddingpond.com  which, for no apparent reason, is not listed in the bitcoin trade page.

Don't you think that bitswap and biddingpond are nearly the same ?

Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 11:50:27 AM

Still unable to login.

I also discovered http://www.biddingpond.com  which, for no apparent reason, is not listed in the bitcoin trade page.

Biddingpond is listed on the trade page. Under the "Other" section.

Anonymous

October 26, 2010, 12:18:54 PM

Cool!

There was a bug in the login script. sorry about that. It should be working now. Please try again.

I'll add a list of the 10 most recent offers on the home page. I'll also try my skill at designing a picture. Thanks for the feedback.

You could offer a bitcoin bounty for someone to create a pic for you Smiley
asdf (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Still unable to login.

biddingpond is an auction site. Bitswap is more like a job notice board.

I'm sorry about the login problem. What happens when you try to log in? Did you try to register again? What login did you use? I don't see any new account in the database that could be yours.

You could offer a bitcoin bounty for someone to create a pic for you Smiley

That's a great idea, but I have only 50 bitcoins and I can't really buy any with the problems at mtgox and bitcoinmarket. Pic will have to wait.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2010, 03:32:58 AM

That's a great idea, but I have only 50 bitcoins and I can't really buy any with the problems at mtgox and bitcoinmarket. Pic will have to wait.

for buying bitcoins, you could try your hand on http://bitcoin-otc.com or on https://bitcoinstore.yyz.us/

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: