Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of bitcoin businesses would you like to see?  (Read 1714 times)
killer2021 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:43:51 AM

Any interesting ideas?

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
newunit16

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:56:28 AM

i would just like to see it as an alternate payment option, ala paypal.

imagine the jump in BTC value if you could buy shit on amazon with BTC. people would then finally have a "use" for them, versus their current "worthlessness".

and thats kind of the idea behind an alternate currency. that you can use it to, you know, buy the shit you usually do with other currency.
killer2021 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:06:26 AM

i would just like to see it as an alternate payment option, ala paypal.

imagine the jump in BTC value if you could buy shit on amazon with BTC. people would then finally have a "use" for them, versus their current "worthlessness".

and thats kind of the idea behind an alternate currency. that you can use it to, you know, buy the shit you usually do with other currency.

Yea, I think this could be the big, "break" for bitcoin.

I was thinking a fully integrated banking service. Maybe you could open up an account for a flat fee and you get access to a debit card. Your account can hold either USD or bitcoin which can be converted on one of the bitcoin exchanges. You could also buy stuff with the debit card and get instant approval. That way you could buy at ANY merchant without having to tell everyone to start accepting bitcoin.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:09:00 AM

Any interesting ideas?
sell more real world things. i don't care what it is, just that is is something, that gets the economy running.
if you can't buy anything with bitcoins the economy will crash.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
bitcoinewbie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:10:18 AM

imagine the jump in BTC value if you could buy shit on amazon with BTC.

Its already been done.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=253.0
killer2021 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:11:02 AM

Its already been done.

maybe a more, "official" site would be nice.

BCbitcoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 10:31:37 PM

Its already been done.

maybe a more, "official" site would be nice.

Yes, I'm looking for a reliable version of this.
Ari

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 10:49:09 PM

Old thread is old.

Just buy amazon gift cards from bitmit or spendbitcoins.
GentleHat

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:40:01 AM

Spendbitcoins is probably the best for buying anything online with Bitcoins. Very easy to use.
vitaliy_www

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:24:16 PM

already a lot of websites that converts bitcoins to $$.. what is the problem to do that and buy anything what you want...
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 11:29:23 PM

bitcointo was the first bitcoin to amazon site I believe back when the price was under 10 cents a bitcoin. Its where Jeremy west came up with the spendbitcoins idea.

fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

I personally would like to see a major Currency Exchange have an option to pay out/recieve Bitcoins for any other currency. Ex. See it in airports, malls, larger towns.
Caitlyn

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:47:29 AM

I'll be looking into ways to replace paypal for my existing businesses in a perfectly seamless way.  Right now paypal handles my subscriptions and direct payments.  If I can replace paypal, have people pay with cash, card, or bitcoin, get paid in bitcoin, but still convert it to paypal quickly for bills with no hassle, I'd be set.  I dislike having to do all the conversions myself, repeatedly though.  None of it is automated enough for me.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 08:42:39 AM

Spendbitcoins is probably the best for buying anything online with Bitcoins. Very easy to use.

Love love love Spendbitcoins. Used it many times now to convert to Amazon gift credit. The first time, Jeremy was being dicked around by Amazon, which caused a long conversion delay, so he sent me an additional, generous gift credit, for the inconvenience. With Amazon gift credit, you bank it in your account and it won't expire before you can spend it. If you're concerned about losing market value, or hacking if you don't keep an offline wallet, convert it! Can't wait until the conversions are instantly automated.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
InterCoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:27:01 AM

I would like to see a business that gives me free coins lol Smiley
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:03:45 AM

I'll be looking into ways to replace paypal for my existing businesses in a perfectly seamless way.  Right now paypal handles my subscriptions and direct payments.  If I can replace paypal, have people pay with cash, card, or bitcoin, get paid in bitcoin, but still convert it to paypal quickly for bills with no hassle, I'd be set.  I dislike having to do all the conversions myself, repeatedly though.  None of it is automated enough for me.

Take a look at https://bit-pay.com/ , might be what you're looking for.
cirp

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:01:57 PM

I would like to see a Shipping service that accept bitcoin
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:34:00 PM

already a lot of websites that converts bitcoins to $$.. what is the problem to do that and buy anything what you want...
Because $ payments involves lotsa hassle.

Privacy issues, security, dependent on evil companies, slow transactions, ridiculous banking fees. The whole point of Bitcoin is to AVOID $ and € like the plague.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:46:06 PM

A router that sells wifi airtime for BTC at a good price. The market for this might be a small hotel or mall kiosk. They could just purchase the device and turn it on. I envision it running a client and after updating it begins selling. One can connect (this may be the tricky part) and send the fee before connecting to the net. Then the router opens up a connection for the length of time paid.
A full blown version could have a deposit button that uploads your coins to Mt.Gox at the end of the day, or even a feature that allows customers to purchase some of the coins in the router wallet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
procyon

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:09:58 PM

A router that sells wifi airtime for BTC ...

That is a really good idea. I wish i had the knowledge to make that happen.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: