Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:22:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are Bitmain S9`owners keen to put out a BTC bounty to crack the BMminer ??  (Voting closed: August 12, 2016, 04:33:25 PM)
Yes, I will pay some BTC for the Bounty - 17 (85%)
No, I find the BMminer OK - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 20

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Cracking Bitmain S9 BMminer  (Read 38662 times)
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 11:08:12 PM

How can it be proofed, that what was build is absolute the same as the compiled git?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:01:30 AM

last 18 hours I had many problems by fixing the compile errors at the S9 driver.

I was on a point to revert all my work to yesterday 9am, but now I fixed a memory leak and the new version which is at git now,
compiles perfect (with some errors) and works well.

The main problem was this parameter "dev->frequency" this won't set the frequency well, and the code breaks and breaks and breaks.
This var is only used to get this: "config_parameter.frequency"

Code:
dev->freq[i] = frequency; // can we set now different frequency, if we split this?

I think you all can see that one of the hashboard produced more hardware errors than the other one, I think if we can change it by a new option

--bitmain-freq    = this is default on every Antminer S9

--bitmain-freq1
--bitmain-freq2
--bitmain-freq3

I will try it now at first with manual values and if it works enable this option.

By this way you can handle the options.

If you not edit your bmminer.conf the software will use the default for all boards
If you set the option the software will use it.

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:39:44 AM

I was on a point to revert all my work to yesterday 9am, but now I fixed a memory leak and the new version which is at git now,
I am confused. How can you say "compiles perfect", but still have some errors. Is that not the very definition of not compiling perfectly? What compile time errors are you getting?

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:42:57 AM

Am I correct in thinking that this is a straight swap - bmminer for a cgminer fork - & that the strange/closed source bitmain driver code has not been altered or incorporated into the cgminer fork?

Anyone?....

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 12:15:09 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2016, 12:32:15 PM by Subw

Am I correct in thinking that this is a straight swap - bmminer for a cgminer fork - & that the strange/closed source bitmain driver code has not been altered or incorporated into the cgminer fork?

Anyone?....

https://github.com/bitmaintech/bmminer/blob/master/driver-bitmain.c

this looks like linux driver at first sight
no this is cgminer driver, not linux

i can't find any linux driver structures in this git maybe they published it elsewhere or not at all
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 10:48:55 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 11:15:18 AM by fubly

How to upgrade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8geGuODpUE

the Git that the software is free to use under own responsibility since it cant be proven do to conflict of interest.

Code:
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. 

NO REBOOT NEEDED!

After uploading, the page will change to index.html

After some seconds you will see, that cgminer 4.9.2 is running.

If you want to see what the upgrade script will do, read this file!
https://github.com/Zwilla/bmminer-cgminer492/blob/master/update-script/restoreConfig.sh

Is it ok if we start a new thread about cgminer 4.9.2 for Antminer S9. I think we all wrote here a lot of BS and as fast I can forgot this as better?

TODO: some little fixing at the api

fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

I am confused. How can you say "compiles perfect", but still have some errors. Is that not the very definition of not compiling perfectly? What compile time errors are you getting?

This:

Code:
  CC       cgminer-driver-btm-c5.o
driver-btm-c5.c:55:0: warning: "offsetof" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define offsetof(TYPE, MEMBER) ((size_t) &((TYPE *)0)->MEMBER)
 ^
In file included from ./lib/string.h:34:0,
                 from uthash.h:29,
                 from miner.h:37,
                 from driver-btm-c5.c:35:
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/include/stddef.h:413:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define offsetof(TYPE, MEMBER) __builtin_offsetof (TYPE, MEMBER)
 ^
  CC       cgminer-sha2_c5.o
  CCLD     cgminer

fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 12:18:33 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 03:51:38 PM by fubly

Making now some tweaks to the frontpage and update script, to backup all. So that you can download it.

Finish.

Now the script save your original files, you can download them direct from antminer`s frontpage.

How it works? Watch this video now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-eDsjqGTDo

Dear Community,

I hope you have all now, that waiting and donating for.

I need a break!

Have a nice weekend and I wish you all a lucky block Friday!

p.s. donation alway welcome: 16L45ub3SpHZ6dYbqseip7Fv4BEJSj9xEo

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

anyone tried this yet?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:18:44 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 06:48:47 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

anyone tried this yet?
I will be trying it tonight after work. I have 2 s9's at home, a batch-1 and a batch-3. Of course the 1st step will be to generate an archive file of their current configurations. Ya know, as a just in case...  Wink

The b1 will be the victim. Currently slightly under clocked @ 612MHz I believe maybe 606. Stock speed supposed to be 650 but chip temps too high there. If things look good sometime over the weekend the b3 will follow.

@fubly re:
Is it ok if we start a new thread about cgminer 4.9.2 for Antminer S9. I think we all wrote here a lot of BS and as fast I can forgot this as better?

Download this: https://github.com/Zwilla/bmminer-cgminer492/blob/master/update-script/AntminerS9-Update-Bmminer.tar
    Open your miners frontpage http://antminer
    Click on System
    Click on Upgrade
    Goto the menu / line "Restore backup:"
    Select the file "AntminerS9-Update-Bmminer.tar"
    Click on the button "upload Archive"
    Wait 25 seconds
    Check MinerStatus Page

TODO: some little fixing at the api
Thank you very much, this should make things painless  Smiley

Und ja, I think it is time for you to make a new thread on this to give your work here a fresh start. Wink
Tip: for your new thread, immediately add 1 or 2 replies to it with just the text:  <reserved>

By just editing those later you can add any important update info right at the top of the thread.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Sierra8561

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:47:55 PM

Just tried it and got this.. cp: invalid option -- 'n' BusyBox v1.21.1 (2015-05-15 12:25:19 CST) multi-call binary. Usage: cp [OPTIONS] SOURCE... DEST Copy SOURCE(s) to DEST -a   Same as -dpR -R,-r   Recurse -d,-P   Preserve symlinks (default if -R) -L   Follow all symlinks -H   Follow symlinks on command line -p   Preserve file attributes if possible -f   Overwrite -i   Prompt before overwrite -l,-s   Create (sym)links

Go Back
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:51:05 PM

Just tried it and got this.. cp: invalid option -- 'n' BusyBox v1.21.1 (2015-05-15 12:25:19 CST) multi-call binary. Usage: cp [OPTIONS] SOURCE... DEST Copy SOURCE(s) to DEST -a   Same as -dpR -R,-r   Recurse -d,-P   Preserve symlinks (default if -R) -L   Follow all symlinks -H   Follow symlinks on command line -p   Preserve file attributes if possible -f   Overwrite -i   Prompt before overwrite -l,-s   Create (sym)links

Go Back
Have you watched his video yet?
Got slow 'net connection here at work so I haven't. Speaking of which... back to work work work

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Sierra8561

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 06:53:53 PM

Go Back
Have you watched his video yet?
Got slow 'net connection here at work so I haven't. Speaking of which... back to work work work

Yes watched it twice. I'll check it again and make sure I didn't miss a step
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:27:47 AM

Problem -upload bmminer- reported by Sierra8561
https://github.com/Zwilla/bmminer-cgminer492/issues/1
is fixed.

Problem: I was using an additional command of copy, but this was only available on developer machine.

Problem -Flash back- reported by NotFuzzyWarm
https://github.com/Zwilla/bmminer-cgminer492/issues/2
is fixed

Problem: I forgot to "cd" into the folder where the other files are

API: Problem API-Stats reported by NotFuzzyWarm
https://github.com/Zwilla/bmminer-cgminer492/issues/3
working on atm. I reported it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1569129.msg16193700#msg16193700

The software is running, but the stats page shows not all values atm.

Sierra8561

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Anybody try this yet?
Sierra8561

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:12:21 PM

Tried on a B1 14T miner at 625 frequency. Miner worked and was up and running. As fubly stated I wasn't getting a good hash read out. Using awesome miner I was able to determine hash rate was about the same over a 30 minute test. Problem I ran into was. I was only able to see chip temp for one board, it read 114 which I felt was way to hot. My other B1's are running high 80's. I restored my BMminer and things are back to normal. I think Fubly is heading in the right direction, just a few bugs need to be worked out. I think the goal here if I'm not mistaken is doing away with BMminer, but also achieving a better hash rate or lower frequency.
Alexmail3344

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:48:51 PM

Tried on a B1 14T miner at 625 frequency. Miner worked and was up and running. As fubly stated I wasn't getting a good hash read out. Using awesome miner I was able to determine hash rate was about the same over a 30 minute test. Problem I ran into was. I was only able to see chip temp for one board, it read 114 which I felt was way to hot. My other B1's are running high 80's. I restored my BMminer and things are back to normal. I think Fubly is heading in the right direction, just a few bugs need to be worked out. I think the goal here if I'm not mistaken is doing away with BMminer, but also achieving a better hash rate or lower frequency.

thank you for testing,

looks like everyone afraid to use it on S9 without check experience !
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:49:36 PM

Yes, thanks for testing. Encouraging to know that restoring to the default configuration is possible!
Sierra8561

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:08:34 AM

Yes, thanks for testing. Encouraging to know that restoring to the default configuration is possible!

I ended up having to flash the bitmain firmware update. I wasn't able to see the GH/S(avg) but it's working fine now.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:08:19 PM

Waiting for an update that will display board and chip temps, then will try again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: