Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a religion?  (Read 6690 times)
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:09:32 AM

Actually, what is a religion? Is something in which you trust.
In this sense, bitcoin could be a religion that promises to save you from banks domination.
Well, may be :-)
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:25:02 AM

religion implies a belief in the supernatural...bitcoin is too real, so that you can't call it a religion))
Daytus

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:30:07 AM

Really you ask that question?
Off course not. Bitcoin just a phenomenon in our generation I guess.
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:41:20 PM

I don;t think so. Religion I believe requires a God to worship. Are people already praising Bitcoin> What in the world and how did this happen?
salamyman

Activity: 584
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:45:45 PM

Wi-fi is a religion - people gathering in groups and worshiping it.
Bitcoin not yet - we should make a bitcoin church for those that want it.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:55:14 PM

I personally don't consider Bitcoin as the religion. It is the cryptocurrency that is situated in the money spot. Our world is very big and the population is rising every day and with that kind of rise, there are also many new religions that people are creating on their own. Everything can be considered as a religion but just a few of this religions are accepted by the government. Few percent of the people believes that the money is the religion for them cause they have plenty of it and their minds have absorbed the thoughts about the newly created religion that are overwhelming their minds without the real facts.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Musia

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:11:11 PM

No way!!! It can not be a religion, it's just a way to make money, invest it and then, buy something for it. But this is only my point of view, no more. But I know many people, for whom it is still a religion and they refer to the means as to God. I think that this is not correct Sad

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
salamyman

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:34:30 PM

Why shouldn't it be?
I've heard the expression "the holy dollar" many times - so why not?
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:13:40 PM

7.25.3.6.5  (02-23-1999)
Religious Belief Defined

The term "religious" as used in IRC 501(c)(3) is not subject to precise definition. The leading interpretation of the term was made by the Supreme Court in United States v. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), in which the Court interpreted the phrase "religious training and belief" as used in the Universal Military Training and Service Act, 50 U.S.C. section 456 (j), in determining an individual’s eligibility for exemption from military service on religious grounds. The Court formulated the following definition: "A sincere and meaningful belief which occupies in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God of those admittedly qualifying for the exemption comes within the statutory definition."

The Court elaborated upon the Seeger definition in Welsh v. United States, 398 U.S. 33 (1970), stating that "f an individual deeply and sincerely holds beliefs that are purely ethical or moral in source and content but that nevertheless impose upon him a duty of conscience to refrain from participating in any war at any time, those beliefs certainly occupy in the life of that individual a place parallel to that filled by... God in the lives of traditionally religious persons." Thus, religious beliefs include many beliefs (for example, Taoism, Buddhism, and Secular Humanism) that do not posit the existence of a Supreme Being in the conventional sense.

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part7/irm_07-025-003.html

Based on what you posted, it will,  but not totally a religion. maybe there are many people who are believing on it but I don't think that It will be a legal or accepted religion. There are many things here on Earth that we believed buit not a religion rather, as simple as that.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:08:50 PM

The higher the price of bitcoin, the higher the hopes of the people that Bitcoin will make them rich, the more Bitcoin is turning into a religion.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
salamyman

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:17:24 PM

All hail bitcoin.
All bow.
_Maksanter_1

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:50:55 AM

Never thought about it is that way, but you're right, now the more I thinking the more I tend to agree that bitcoin indeed has a lot of common with religion!
Godofblitzen

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:15:31 AM

It's easy to make a religion from anything, as long as there are people that NEED it to be a religion. There are such people for BTC for sure, but that's the least of it's problems. And anyway, anything you call "religion" is fine as long as it's adepts act sane and don't start, let's say, human sacrifices (to the spirit of BTC... oh my!).
Snub

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:21:49 AM

Bitcoin is not exactly a religion. These are completely different concepts. You can not put them together.
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

The word religion is a practice of spiritual things while bitcoin is investment and more on how to earn money not all about sptliritual. So bitcoin is not a religion.
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:12:17 PM

No, finally, I think it is not! Some just are too thankful to it...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
GCP17

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:20:31 PM

I know what you mean... people are starting to act fanatic and preaching everywhere.

At the same time... it is kind of a big global event, so a reaction like this was expected.
Naoko

Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:16:53 PM

yes, fanaticism is sometimes present...but it is much where there...bitcoin is not a religion
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

I think religion is a place where human collections are organized from beliefs, cultural systems, and worldviews that connect people to the order of life.  Smiley
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:08:30 AM

Well, may be it's not a religion, but sure bitcoin has some aspects of a cult: a lot of people - out of profit - are sharing a vision about a different and better world without slavery by banks and governments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: