Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would 65M dollars suffice to implement a decentralized exchange in the Bitcoin protocol?
Yep, that would be more than enough - 6 (42.9%)
Nope, a lot more exchanges need to be hacked - 6 (42.9%)
Well, this may not be possible at all - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65 million dollars stolen (and counting) from Bitfinex and so what?  (Read 896 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 08:11:22 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 09:08:52 AM by deisik

For more than a year I've been proposing to extend Bitcoin technology to include what is called a decentralized distributed exchange. During this year two major Bitcoin exchanges got hacked, namely, Cryptsy and Bitfinex (probably more). I don't know how much money people lost at Cryptsy, but is 65 million dollars not enough to finally come up with a solution that would exclude this single point of failure from the equation altogether? I could potentially delve into Bitcoin and come up with something like that myself, but I'm not sure that Bitcoin won't die (or get abandoned, if you please) in a few years, so the acquired knowledge would be mostly useless...

Do Bitcoin developers actually think along the same lines as myself?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:15:11 PM

For more than a year I've been proposing to extend Bitcoin technology to include what is called a decentralized distributed exchange. During this year two major Bitcoin exchanges got hacked, namely, Cryptsy and Bitfinex (probably more). I don't know how much money people lost at Cryptsy, but is 65 million dollars not enough to finally come up with a solution that would exclude this single point of failure from the equation altogether? I could potentially delve into Bitcoin and come up with something like that myself, but I'm not sure that Bitcoin won't die (or get abandoned, if you please) in a few years, so the acquired knowledge would be mostly useless...

First of all I am do not agree with you that bitcoin will die in few year, however I think there are some problems of hacking cannot be preveneted easily, specially because of nature of bitcoin they cannot be preveneted and also legal problems related to exchanges and their activities which ties to concept of unkwon ownership of bitcoin. I searched and found this link here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21513/how-would-a-decentralised-exchange-work

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:43:09 PM

Bit fines hacking wasn't the biggest in bitcoin history. I guess now after that bitcoin may seem risky for investors or those people who only start to open Bitcoin to themselves, newbies. But the problem is not in bitcoin, the problem is how to protect it from steal. Bitfinex's case sowed to everyone that it is dangerous to hold savings online. I plan to cash out my saving after bitcoin rise back to 700$.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:52:16 PM

Cryptsy was not hacked it was scam,bter was hacked but thay didnt keep btc in cold wallets,Bitfinex ,does all that 65 mln was in btc,hom much in btc stolen,i cant imagine thay not keep btc in cold wallets

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 01:53:17 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 02:07:41 PM by deisik

First of all I am do not agree with you that bitcoin will die in few year, however I think there are some problems of hacking cannot be preveneted easily, specially because of nature of bitcoin they cannot be preveneted and also legal problems related to exchanges and their activities which ties to concept of unkwon ownership of bitcoin. I searched and found this link here:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21513/how-would-a-decentralised-exchange-work

In fact, I didn't say that Bitcoin would die in a few years. My point is that I don't find it worthy of time and effort to get into the gory details of Bitcoin technology up to a point where I could fluently contribute (or just contribute, lol) changes to the protocol myself. Apart from developing a few trading bots for cryptocurrency exchanges (which I'm already done with for obvious reasons), I didn't get involved in this field of software development. So I'm concerned if Bitcoin core developers don't feel pretty much the same...

That is, don't feel particularly interested in further development and expansion of Bitcoin technology

valta4065

Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:54:38 PM

I don't understand what you propose.

What would be the point of a decentralised exchange?

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 02:01:05 PM

Cryptsy was not hacked it was scam,bter was hacked but thay didnt keep btc in cold wallets,Bitfinex ,does all that 65 mln was in btc,hom much in btc stolen,i cant imagine thay not keep btc in cold wallets

For end users, the result is virtually the same, and it would and could have been prevented if Bitcoin development didn't freeze at fixing minor issues. After the Mt.Gox fiasco the outlook was pretty clear that it wouldn't be the last exchange to fail...

Though I agree that the Cryptsy incident was rather a scam (they evidently deny this)

deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 02:11:50 PM

A decentralized distributed exchange would make such exchanges as Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, et al. unnecessary and obsolete, thereby totally eliminating the very possibility of a scam or a hack that happen now and then, again and again

valta4065

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 02:16:05 PM

A decentralized distributed exchange would make such exchanges as Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, et al., unnecessary and obsolete, thereby totally eliminating the very possibility of a scam or a hack that happen now and then, and then again

Well... maybe...
Just how  can you create such a thing? Exchanging btc in decentralized way is easy, but buying and selling btc in decentralized way? I don't understand I'm afraid ^^'

▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 02:22:04 PM

A decentralized distributed exchange would make such exchanges as Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, et al., unnecessary and obsolete, thereby totally eliminating the very possibility of a scam or a hack that happen now and then, and then again

Well... maybe...
Just how  can you create such a thing? Exchanging btc in decentralized way is easy, but buying and selling btc in decentralized way? I don't understand I'm afraid ^^'

I understand your misunderstanding since this question had also perplexed me a lot at first. But this can be done in a safe and reliable way (just like public key cryptography is made possible). In fact, it should have been done long ago...

There are a few topics here where this question has been explained in great detail (how such an exchange would work)

danfoda

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:20:36 PM

What are they gonna do about peoples lost money? Law suits will be hell for them...
valta4065

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:24:01 PM

Well... maybe...

I understand your misunderstanding since this question had also perplexed me a lot at first. But this can be done in a safe and reliable way (just like public key cryptography is made possible). In fact, it should have been done long ago...

There are a few topics here where this question has been explained in great detail (how such an exchange would work)

Well then, it should have been done indeed. Because private exchanges are just the banks of btc, with the same basic problems of trust issues.

|
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 05:41:14 PM

Well... maybe...

Well then, it should have been done indeed. Because private exchanges are just the banks of btc, with the same basic problems of trust issues.

At least, banks deposits are insured in many countries up to a certain amount. I'd been through this before when the bank where I had some money was "disqualified" by the Central Bank, and I got my money back in just two weeks (with the interest due)...

Indeed, I was savvy enough not to exceed the insured amount limit

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:58:16 PM

In my own opinion, I think the Wallet owners owes every individual to keep their money safe and until they are being held responsible this will continue to happen. Imagine keeping money in a bank that was robbed , the bank will pay back because its their duty to protect their own facilities every time and not make it vulnerable to hackers. I feel for those who lost their resources but its high time someone is being held responsible... My opinion though...
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 06:21:46 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 06:32:48 PM by deisik

In my own opinion, I think the Wallet owners owes every individual to keep their money safe and until they are being held responsible this will continue to happen. Imagine keeping money in a bank that was robbed , the bank will pay back because its their duty to protect their own facilities every time and not make it vulnerable to hackers. I feel for those who lost their resources but its high time someone is being held responsible... My opinion though...

It's high time to make the next step and get rid of this recurring problem for good

I stopped all my cryptotrading when I had fully realized after the (in)famous Bter hack in February, 2015, that it is not a matter of if but when an exchange gets hacked. Though I was lucky that my funds weren't affected then (only bitcoins were stolen, while I had doges), but I read the writing on the wall very well (and advise everyone to do the same)...

So, no matter how successfully you trade, you will, nevertheless, lose everything in the end

expert4knowledge

Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:51:59 PM

In fact, I didn't say that Bitcoin would die in a few years. My point is that I don't find it worthy of time and effort to get into the gory details of Bitcoin technology up to a point where I could fluently contribute (or just contribute, lol) changes to the protocol myself. Apart from developing a few trading bots for cryptocurrency exchanges (which I'm already done with for obvious reasons), I didn't get involved in this field of software development. So I'm concerned if Bitcoin core developers don't feel pretty much the same...

That is, don't feel particularly interested in further development and expansion of Bitcoin technology
I appreciate bitcoin  technology and people who are engaged in its development and I strongly believe at least the technology which is used here can be a basis for future technologies. It seems that you have a good engagement with bitcoin to with developing bots.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:06:44 AM

Bit fines hacking wasn't the biggest in bitcoin history. I guess now after that bitcoin may seem risky for investors or those people who only start to open Bitcoin to themselves, newbies. But the problem is not in bitcoin, the problem is how to protect it from steal. Bitfinex's case sowed to everyone that it is dangerous to hold savings online. I plan to cash out my saving after bitcoin rise back to 700$.
Doesn't matter in the least if it was the biggest hack ever. It was another hack, and all of these are pointing toward corrupt exchanges overall. The world seems to be infested with them. I agree with what was written here, I would like to see a decentralized exchange if that's possible.  Something has to be done, and I'm sure governments are going to step in and regulate this stuff at some point.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 01:05:03 AM

Three people voted for "Nope, a lot more exchanges need to be hacked"?

Ignorant or trolls?

A decentralized distributed exchange would make such exchanges as Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, et al. unnecessary and obsolete, thereby totally eliminating the very possibility of a scam or a hack that happen now and then, again and again
A decentralized exchange would also be consistent with bitcoin's protocol Wink
I'm sure that some tech-savvy programmers could conjure up a way to create such an exchange then if the topic has already been discussed a number of times.

Doesn't matter in the least if it was the biggest hack ever. It was another hack, and all of these are pointing toward corrupt exchanges overall. The world seems to be infested with them. I agree with what was written here, I would like to see a decentralized exchange if that's possible.  Something has to be done, and I'm sure governments are going to step in and regulate this stuff at some point.
Eh... not so sure about the governments stepping in anytime soon. Mass adoption (to the point where the government would begin to start regulating) seems like it's still pretty far away. However, something does need to be done.

I appreciate bitcoin  technology and people who are engaged in its development and I strongly believe at least the technology which is used here can be a basis for future technologies. It seems that you have a good engagement with bitcoin to with developing bots.
Like for example storj.io, which uses blockchain technology to create a secure cloud drive. Using the pre-existing technology is what paves the road to better develpoment.

sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:02:29 AM

At least, banks deposits are insured in many countries up to a certain amount. I'd been through this before when the bank where I had some money was "disqualified" by the Central Bank, and I got my money back in just two weeks (with the interest due)...

Yes, In Central bank in some countries bank deposits are covered to some extent. THIS $65M stolen is from exchange and is not covered by any insurance afaik. Sure, it will affects the bitcoin price in market or possible that it will drag down it or its happening already. What we hope that it will recover soon.
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:29:08 AM

Three people voted for "Nope, a lot more exchanges need to be hacked"?

Ignorant or trolls?

A decentralized exchange would also be consistent with bitcoin's protocol Wink
I'm sure that some tech-savvy programmers could conjure up a way to create such an exchange then if the topic has already been discussed a number of times.

Eh... not so sure about the governments stepping in anytime soon. Mass adoption (to the point where the government would begin to start regulating) seems like it's still pretty far away. However, something does need to be done.

Like for example storj.io, which uses blockchain technology to create a secure cloud drive. Using the pre-existing technology is what paves the road to better develpoment.

I'm going to side with them. We need to be aware and even learn the lesson that centralisation is not the way to go. We have to grow and invest or energy into a different type of Tech, decentralized tech.

Yes, In Central bank in some countries bank deposits are covered to some extent. THIS $65M stolen is from exchange and is not covered by any insurance afaik. Sure, it will affects the bitcoin price in market or possible that it will drag down it or its happening already. What we hope that it will recover soon.
The price will be over $1000 by the end of the year, don't you worry. Especially when a new miner comes out.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║