Wells - 0 (0%)
Citi - 0 (0%)
Chase - 1 (12.5%)
Credit Union - 0 (0%)
Other - 5 (62.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What bank do you use? If you could do bank->bank transfers to fund, would you?  (Read 920 times)
deftx (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:21:20 PM

ADMIN NOTE: Posted in Newbies before I was whitelisted. Wanted to post here.

If you could do an internal transfer from, say, BofA to BofA, with the purpose of funding an exchange account like MtGox, would you prefer this option?

Internal bank transfers often happen instantly. For some users that want to jump on opportunities to exchange, this would be ideal. Unfortunately, based on my experience, many banks don't do this very well and often muck up the memo field due to teller or user error. However, if you had this option, would you do it? If so, what bank do you currently use?

Currently, exchanges take a few days to fund your account because of straight wires, international wires, and Dwolla. In my experience, funding my Dwolla to MtGox took around 3-4 days. This is not ideal at all.

Thoughts, votes, and other comments welcomed!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
duckfeet

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:44:19 AM

The simple answer is yes, but many of us libertarians are using bitcoins to get out from underneath the Fed, and somehow, we want a way where they aren't following our every move...such little privacy anyway, and this will just be one more trail, and eventually, way to tax...defeating, IMO, it's purpose...we have to be a little bit anarchic to want this money system anyway, but if I live and breath in the West, I need banks...in the U.S., it's difficult to function without them anymore, and makes you suspicious in the eyes of many, if you've no bank account...hard now to do anything without a credit check, and bank accounts are how they can show legal bias, for example, try renting a house without one...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: