Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:41:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone should invent a coin that works like Pokemon GO  (Read 2789 times)
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:47:46 PM

I just found the other coin..

Motocoin is a cryptocurrency utilizing an innovative proof-of-play scheme where coins can only be mined by cognitive workload - playing a 2D motorbike simulation game, which is different from Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies that use a proof-of-work scheme where miners must perform difficult computations and then use proof of that work to secure coin transactions and get their reward. Motocoin has been dominated by bots but now a fast, publicly available bot has been released, giving everyone a fair chance at mining.

Game Screenshots
Click to enlarge:

[

Gutembergin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:52:46 PM

I just found the other coin..

Motocoin is a cryptocurrency utilizing an innovative proof-of-play scheme where coins can only be mined by cognitive workload - playing a 2D motorbike simulation game, which is different from Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies that use a proof-of-work scheme where miners must perform difficult computations and then use proof of that work to secure coin transactions and get their reward. Motocoin has been dominated by bots but now a fast, publicly available bot has been released, giving everyone a fair chance at mining.

Game Screenshots
Click to enlarge:

[

Woah super cool so one works exactly as the moderator of this post suggested and one is a video game that mines coins?
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:20:17 AM

PokemonGo is the stupedist thing alive. People are like dying trying to find imaginary pokemon. you have to call the coin something cooler like - Uncharted Drakes Fortune Coin - or - Indiana Jones Coins
the concept is pretty cool tho, you can hire ppl on here to make a coin liek that for you
Thenoticer

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:36:35 PM

I just briefly looked at geocoin. It looks like their app is really nice. The concept is interesting but are the coins that are on the map just essentially put in places by other users? Ie: the only way for a coin to appear is for a user to place it there.

This coin would be awesome if it worked similar to huntercoin and people were encouraged to go hunt out the new supply instead of hoping some person leaves a coin nearby. I checked and the nearest coin (low value btw) is about 7 hours away. I'd probably go collect some if they were near me, or if the coins were of a high value. According to their website it looks like there is a high value coin near london. Lol

I def think geocoin crossed with huntercoin would be a winner.

Geocoin for their geocashing tech and huntercoin for the human mining aspect
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:01:41 PM

I just briefly looked at geocoin. It looks like their app is really nice. The concept is interesting but are the coins that are on the map just essentially put in places by other users? Ie: the only way for a coin to appear is for a user to place it there.

This coin would be awesome if it worked similar to huntercoin and people were encouraged to go hunt out the new supply instead of hoping some person leaves a coin nearby. I checked and the nearest coin (low value btw) is about 7 hours away. I'd probably go collect some if they were near me, or if the coins were of a high value. According to their website it looks like there is a high value coin near london. Lol

Interesting thought to mix geocoin with huntercoin.  I like how active the developer is with GeoCoin and the physical geocoins he has made are cool too.  I definitely keep grabbing GEO bit by bit just in case it becomes a leader in geocashing.

I love Bitcoin
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 03:45:36 PM

Someone must have missed how many bots there are

Tacalt (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:34:38 PM

Someone must have missed how many bots there are

Yes I wasn't aware of this at the start. It seems Niantic has put it little to no effort for an anti-cheat system which is understandable since it only delays the inevitable. I suspect after trading is possible, there will eventually be a pokemon black market in fiat/bitcoin.
airsounds

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:31:35 PM

PokemonGo is the stupedist thing alive. People are like dying trying to find imaginary pokemon. you have to call the coin something cooler like - Uncharted Drakes Fortune Coin - or - Indiana Jones Coins
the concept is pretty cool tho, you can hire ppl on here to make a coin liek that for you
yeah, i dont like that too to be honest, though the plan would be perfect for a cryptocurrency as a lot of people would like that for sure

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:42:35 PM

yeah, i dont like that too to be honest, though the plan would be perfect for a cryptocurrency as a lot of people would like that for sure
Maybe it can be happen in the future if the team who made pokemon go can accept the profosal to add crypto for accepting payment.. not for collecting crypto in the game..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
parthack9

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:40:18 PM

I agree treasure hunting for crypto would be a lot more fun and less stupid
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:52:08 PM

I don't too agree if there are coins that like pokemon Go, the users must hunt coin and around the place, it is dangerous because there were many people who be accident because of hunting monsters pokemon. And if It happen on cryptos coins, bitcoin and another cryptos coins will get negative image.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 08:53:24 PM

anyways im sure if there isnt one yet, the second people went crazy over it a law would be passed that would not allow people to hide denominations of any currency around for people to treasure hunt

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:15:49 AM

anyways im sure if there isnt one yet, the second people went crazy over it a law would be passed that would not allow people to hide denominations of any currency around for people to treasure hunt

I was kind of thinking the same thing, it would not last very long, cool concept tho props to the creator of this thread!

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:26:19 AM

WHat if the concept for this coin was based on wheres waldo, same idea of look and find just something else than pokemon, you could say hey i found some waldo coin
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:11:01 PM

So whats the latest news on this front? is Geocoin the same thing as this idea? Has anybody tried it?
Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:55:08 PM

this is the answer to the guy who posted right before my post, these are the two coins that have the technology to make coin such as the one being spoken of in this thread.
u0000

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:23:40 PM

The EXPANSE LIFE concept seems interesting if you haven't seen it already:
http://blog.expanse.tech/post/149791717483/expanse-newsletter-vo-1-no9-912016-real

As with all these geolocation apps, it's how to prevent geo-cheating.

Will look into the other suggestions in this thread, Geocoin et al, as they sound intriguing and may help me get out the house a bit more Cheesy
psomas2

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:12:08 PM

The EXPANSE LIFE concept seems interesting if you haven't seen it already:
http://blog.expanse.tech/post/149791717483/expanse-newsletter-vo-1-no9-912016-real

As with all these geolocation apps, it's how to prevent geo-cheating.

Will look into the other suggestions in this thread, Geocoin et al, as they sound intriguing and may help me get out the house a bit more Cheesy

But how close are we to making this a reality?
Do you have any coin dev experience?

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 12:01:42 AM

Geolocation paired with a coin is a really cool idea.
Anything that gets people outdoors and exploring is great. I've done some geocache hunts and its really fun, actually.

psomas2

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 10:14:31 PM

Geolocation paired with a coin is a really cool idea.
Anything that gets people outdoors and exploring is great. I've done some geocache hunts and its really fun, actually.

It could be the next big thing in crypto. Just where are the devs to do it?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: