Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:40:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Foundation was basically caught trading stolen coins in exchanges  (Read 5754 times)
manselr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:12:39 PM

http://cointimes.tech/2016/08/12/etcdao-stolen-coins-frozen-by-exchanges-was-sent-by-ethereum-foundation-developers/

What's even more pathetic is they try to give any explanation towards what seems obvious: They were about to dump ETC for ETH, but Poloniex became aware those are stolen funds and froze their coins.

I don't get how ETH is still alive after so many fails and scammy behavior.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:44:55 PM

http://cointimes.tech/2016/08/12/etcdao-stolen-coins-frozen-by-exchanges-was-sent-by-ethereum-foundation-developers/

What's even more pathetic is they try to give any explanation towards what seems obvious: They were about to dump ETC for ETH, but Poloniex became aware those are stolen funds and froze their coins.

I think a hard fork is due over this theft  Grin
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:02:18 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 05:16:21 PM by BitcoinNational

I think a hard fork is due over this theft  Grin

knowledgeable experts in the industryTM .. also noticed ETH huffer coin command base ... helped facilitate illegal activity via sale of  $2.2m of Cryptsy client bitcoin sold by way of Coinbase ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg15896013#msg15896013

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:04:46 PM

Oh dear...

Crypto crypto crypto (smh)

Just what I said. Returning any funds to DAO holders was going to be a challenge. Using Polo to dump the lot and attempt to share it out is not the way to do it! Roll Eyes

This industry is pure fiction
BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:30:41 PM

Ethereum is ran like a third world country.  Corruption / theft / embezzlement is rife in Ethereum, nobody seems to care enough to protest or to withdraw, and the comedy gold / popcorn munching continues unabated.  Grin
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:36:09 PM

OK now I think the coin will be in trouble but this is my first consolidation of this and its only after this latest news
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:45:04 PM

Ethereum is ran like a third world country.  Corruption / theft / embezzlement is rife in Ethereum, nobody seems to care enough to protest or to withdraw, and the comedy gold / popcorn munching continues unabated.  Grin

Yeah, that's what strikes me the most, nobody cares, judged by the exchange rates.
Too much money involved I guess...
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:54:10 PM

where's our minecache friend with his etc = criminalcoin line? I haven't seen him writing it for at least 12 hours now. I miss it.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:44:10 PM

So if this ETC will be frozen in both exchanger than we may see a pure pump on ETC price as there was always a fear in community that ETH foundation could just dumped all ETC they have to pump the ETH and now it seems they fails to do so and their funds frozen. Thanks to poloniex and kraken.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:27:47 PM

where's our minecache friend with his etc = criminalcoin line? I haven't seen him writing it for at least 12 hours now. I miss it.

Minecache usually gets missing for a while when Ethereum stumbles Smiley

This doesn't surprise me from a motivation standpoint, but I am surprised at this from a logistical standpoint. How in the blue fuck was this going to work? Surely they didn't think they would be able to slide a shitton of tainted coins into a MAJOR EXCHANGE without someone freezing? Furthermore, said exchange would be brain-dead if it allowed them to crash that market, which is probably earning them a great deal of quid atm. This was a bold, bold misstep. And those funds are gonna be tied up forever. They certainly can't send them back; they are going to have to be released to a third party and I feel the authorities are going to get wrapped up in this eventually. This is shady icing on a suspicious cake they have been building since the first blatant conflicts of interest arose in this saga.

Well, I'm prolly gonna invest in ETC now. They just removed a major uncertainty, I hope the price doesn't hype surge before I position. Gotta move some money to the blockchain.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:36:09 PM

oh no. why did they ever thought that they can get away with it when all transactions are being tracked. Its no surprising that Ethereum foundation  won't respond to this allegation for its the truth.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:36:58 PM

because the hard fork left people wondering which was up, no one knew if ETH or ETC was the piano that was going to fall on your head
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:32:57 PM

That's funny. A site created few days ago has 2 news title since release, and both of them FUD ethereum. Am i the only one that finds that weird ? They're so good at investigating they're the only ones that found that. I mean, not even barry silvert's puppet site, coindesk, didnt publish such FUD. Not to mention there's no evidence in linking ETH foundation to whitehat attackers.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:40:03 PM

That's funny. A site created few days ago has 2 news title since release, and both of them FUD ethereum. Am i the only one that finds that weird ? They're so good at investigating they're the only ones that found that. I mean, not even barry silvert's puppet site, coindesk, didnt publish such FUD. Not to mention there's no evidence in linking ETH foundation to whitehat attackers.

http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

is this one any good for satisfying you? it's been around for a while now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4xasg3/follow_up_statement_on_the_etc_salvaged_from/

and here they are on r/ethereum itself. guess you might want more convincing but I've done all I can.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 09:46:51 PM

Yeah right they are making a new path again to get attract people back again.. this is the worst altcoin that i experience this year..
Its more violated than government.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mining1

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:30:59 PM

http://themerkle.com/white-hat-hackers-caught-red-handed-during-attempted-etc-sell-off/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4xasg3/follow_up_statement_on_the_etc_salvaged_from/

and here they are on r/ethereum itself. guess you might want more convincing but I've done all I can.
I never questioned wether or not "whitehats" tried or not to sell, i dont know and dont care. But there arent proofs eth foundation is linked with them.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:54:01 PM

I never questioned wether or not "whitehats" tried or not to sell, i dont know and dont care. But there arent proofs eth foundation is linked with them.

Odd then that Developer Alex Van de Sande, lead designer for the Ethereum Foundation was the first to announce the draining of the DAO by the whitehats:

https://twitter.com/avsa/status/745313647514226688

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-developers-draining-dao/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-devs-hack-the-hacker-price-skyrockets/
mining1

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:06:33 PM

As i recall that was one of the many options at that moment, stall untill hard fork happened. And anyone with knowledge could drain the DAO, from being one of the many that wanted to counter the initial attacker to the one that owns the funds, well theres a very very long way. So is there anything that ties ethereum developers to that except for these speculations ? Because there could be 1000 different people that posted as "whitehat" attacker.
Theres nothing in your links that  prooves anything, aside for speculations. If any developer from foundation tried to drain the dao before the hacker atacked again, or any other hacker trying to replicate the first atack, by your logic it means automatically he/she owns the other ~7mil ether ?
mining1

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:13:48 PM

And, i couldn't care less if whitehats dump the ETC, going with most people from ETC chain logic, they earned it.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:39:17 AM

Nothing unless the Ethereum foundation is investigated and their connections to the white hat group is proven.

All the exchanges that have ETC and ETH listed should freeze all funds that are deposited to them from the known addresses of the white hat hackers. Any movement of these funds should be made public and must be followed diligently.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███