Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 1188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform  (Read 1253578 times)
rgornik

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:10:22 AM

Has there been any estimates on how the dividend payment is calculated?

None yet, other then ICN holders will split 20% of the profits from all funds.

woow, woow, hold your horses, cowboy. The only 20% profits is from ICNP. If you don't directly invest into some fund, don't expect 20% of the profits.
For the passive managed funds, such as ICNX, expect something like 2% annual.
In any case, it is better to wait for further announcements, which for sure will come before OFM goes live.
But I think we need to stress also about other funds that will be run on their platform. I think with time there will be all different sorts of fund managers on the platform with different types of investing. Some will have safe investments (like ICNX), some will have higher risks (and possible higher returns) so it is quite unpredictable right now calculating % of whole profit for Iconomi company.

Yes, it is too soon trying to calculate the weekly dividends stream. I think that dividends will be very low in the beginning, at least few months into  fully operating OFM.

WEEKLY Dividends payments will increase exponentially once OFM platform launches and traders start their own funds & compete to be most profitable funds to gain more investors & more commission.
ICN holders get WEEKLY Dividends from ICNX & ICNP AND from EVERY SINGLE FUND on OFM platform.
e.g. If OFM platform grows to 100 index funds, ICN holders get WEEKLY Dividends from ALL THOSE 100 index funds.

Exactly. It will probably take few months to take off. Traditional investors will want to see how it works before jumping in.
Once they do Iconomi will really moom and behind

Pretty sure we'll reach 100 Index Funds on Day 1 after OFM platform launch...
Every crypto trader wants to be the next Gordon Gekko or Wolf of Wall Street
Top fund managers will attract investors as soon as they show some good trading history.

The thing that I find here as a great danger is scam fund managers. Because if there will be few scam managers and if funds will be really badly managed (or even stolen) people might get bad conotation about OFM. Does anybody know how will Iconomi try to prevent that?

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 11:11:37 AM

The real potential is close, people who dump will cry a lot.

Just saying
Lol yes just like all successful coins,early dumpers are the one who repent most.
ICN needs just another month before it hits the moon.Have patience and hold your ICN to make it big Smiley
Wall-Street

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:16:25 AM

woow, woow, hold your horses, cowboy. The only 20% profits is from ICNP. If you don't directly invest into some fund, don't expect 20% of the profits.
In any case, it is better to wait for further announcements, which for sure will come before OFM goes live.
But I think we need to stress also about other funds that will be run on their platform. I think with time there will be all different sorts of fund managers on the platform with different types of investing. Some will have safe investments (like ICNX), some will have higher risks (and possible higher returns) so it is quite unpredictable right now calculating % of whole profit for Iconomi company.

Yes, it is too soon trying to calculate the weekly dividends stream. I think that dividends will be very low in the beginning, at least few months into  fully operating OFM.

WEEKLY Dividends payments will increase exponentially once OFM platform launches and traders start their own funds & compete to be most profitable funds to gain more investors & more commission.
ICN holders get WEEKLY Dividends from ICNX & ICNP AND from EVERY SINGLE FUND on OFM platform.
e.g. If OFM platform grows to 100 index funds, ICN holders get WEEKLY Dividends from ALL THOSE 100 index funds.

Exactly. It will probably take few months to take off. Traditional investors will want to see how it works before jumping in.
Once they do Iconomi will really moom and behind

Pretty sure we'll reach 100 Index Funds on Day 1 after OFM platform launch...
Every crypto trader wants to be the next Gordon Gekko or Wolf of Wall Street
Top fund managers will attract investors as soon as they show some good trading history.

The thing that I find here as a great danger is scam fund managers. Because if there will be few scam managers and if funds will be really badly managed (or even stolen) people might get bad conotation about OFM. Does anybody know how will Iconomi try to prevent that?

The managed funds will always be in posession of ICONOMI platform, not the fund managers. So theft can NEVER happen.
Go see how eToro.com and ZuluTrade.com work.
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:16:42 AM

This covers most of the questions/concerns for the OFM

1) Will the assets in our open fund management portfolio be locked on ICONOMI? or will it be the open fund managers responsibility?

Assets will be kept by ICONOMI.

2) Will their be an internal exchange to trade the open fund management assets?

You will be able to enter and exit investment fund positions from/to cryptocurrencies. But there will not be an exchange functionality with live trading books available as a stand alone product.

3) Do we need to have cryptoassets pre-purchased and added to our open fund?

No. Assets will be managed by the ICONOMI platform. This includes entering, exiting and keeping the assets safe.

4) Will their be anti-fraud security measures in place or is this trust dependant on who your open fund manager is ?

Yes, there will be several anti-fraud measures enforced. For example, the most obvious one will be the prevention of fund managers pumping certain tokens using fund’s assets, while at the same time dumping his/her personal assets on an exchange. It will be a continuous learning process. We’ll begin with a small control group and gradually expand in accordance with the feedback received. Security measures will be the same for all the assets on ICONOMI.

5) Will the open fund managers be able to customize their fee (profit % for running their fund)?

Fund managers will be able to customize their entrance, exit, management and performance fees within a valid fee range set by ICONOMI. If a manager will disable the performance fee, the fund will become a coin traded fund (CTF), with a possibility to be traded outside of the ICONOMI platform.

6) Will there be % details on gains and loses similar to ICNX/ICNP?

Yes.

7) Will we have custom introduction/details on our funds ?

Yes - each fund on the ICONOMI platform will have its own presentation page.

8 ) Will the investors of the open fund management need to pay in FIAT or is BTC/ETH and other currencies accepted for shares in the custom open funds?

Investments into the funds on the ICONOMI open fund management platform will be possible with cryptocurrency. However, there will be a simple ramp up process for FIAT investors which will involve the exchange of FIAT currencies into cryptocurrencies.
jackiedragon

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

Crypto Future here i come

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:16:51 AM

Those that don't realise Iconomis potential will click at some point ( the train will have left the station though  Grin )

Low Risk / Medium Risk / High Risk Funds

Top Performing Funds etc etc etc

My guess is the team are also going to run promotions for fund managers..

I need to buy more  Cool

Where did you take these pics from?

To da Moon
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:18:44 AM

Those that don't realise Iconomis potential will click at some point ( the train will have left the station though  Grin )

I need to buy more  Cool

Zulutrade and eToro
jackiedragon

Activity: 284

Crypto Future here i come

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:23:10 AM

I need to buy more  Cool

Oh Cool

Thought maybe I missed better versions of these: https://twitter.com/iconominet/status/794641735913709570

To da Moon
LeonardoDaVinci

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:31:21 AM

May look similar, but they're completely different.

Iconomi intends to bring money from old economy into CryptoCurrency.
Intellisys intends to take money from Bitcoiners to invest in manufacturing, real estate or even sanitary waste firms...using "BlockChain technology" Roll Eyes
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 11:50:44 AM

Intellisys intends to take money from Bitcoiners to invest in manufacturing, real estate or even sanitary waste firms...using "BlockChain technology" Roll Eyes

seem bad for the cryptocoins value. while ICONOMI are trying to get more money from usual investors from ourside crypto, here in Intellisys will be doing the opposite thing. By the way their plans are, the team may likely scam people from bitcoin users.  Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
luckylucky

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:54:02 AM

I think it is not fun is when someone loses their email and had to see ICN account they can not make withdrawals, it is seen from 2FA system used must confirm the email  Cry

rgornik

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:59:08 AM

This covers most of the questions/concerns for the OFM

1) Will the assets in our open fund management portfolio be locked on ICONOMI? or will it be the open fund managers responsibility?

Assets will be kept by ICONOMI.

2) Will their be an internal exchange to trade the open fund management assets?

You will be able to enter and exit investment fund positions from/to cryptocurrencies. But there will not be an exchange functionality with live trading books available as a stand alone product.

3) Do we need to have cryptoassets pre-purchased and added to our open fund?

No. Assets will be managed by the ICONOMI platform. This includes entering, exiting and keeping the assets safe.

4) Will their be anti-fraud security measures in place or is this trust dependant on who your open fund manager is ?

Yes, there will be several anti-fraud measures enforced. For example, the most obvious one will be the prevention of fund managers pumping certain tokens using fund’s assets, while at the same time dumping his/her personal assets on an exchange. It will be a continuous learning process. We’ll begin with a small control group and gradually expand in accordance with the feedback received. Security measures will be the same for all the assets on ICONOMI.

5) Will the open fund managers be able to customize their fee (profit % for running their fund)?

Fund managers will be able to customize their entrance, exit, management and performance fees within a valid fee range set by ICONOMI. If a manager will disable the performance fee, the fund will become a coin traded fund (CTF), with a possibility to be traded outside of the ICONOMI platform.

6) Will there be % details on gains and loses similar to ICNX/ICNP?

Yes.

7) Will we have custom introduction/details on our funds ?

Yes - each fund on the ICONOMI platform will have its own presentation page.

8 ) Will the investors of the open fund management need to pay in FIAT or is BTC/ETH and other currencies accepted for shares in the custom open funds?

Investments into the funds on the ICONOMI open fund management platform will be possible with cryptocurrency. However, there will be a simple ramp up process for FIAT investors which will involve the exchange of FIAT currencies into cryptocurrencies.

Thank, much appreciated

Ullukapatha

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 12:07:47 PM

I can see my future as wolf of wall street 😸
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 12:10:20 PM

seem bad for the cryptocoins value. while ICONOMI are trying to get more money from usual investors from ourside crypto, here in Intellisys will be doing the opposite thing. By the way their plans are, the team may likely scam people from bitcoin users.  Grin

Somehow the first paragraph that describes the idea and people behind it may not look the most promising for a new business that aims to manage other people's money

"If early bitcoin entrepreneur Charlie Shrem's newest venture (his first since his release from prison earlier this year)..."
spendawgs

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 12:32:53 PM

Thanks

Woof woof!!
kalpit

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 12:43:17 PM

Kraken will receive all the juicy dividends and can buy Lambos for their whole crew. Good job son, probably you work for Kraken.

This lead me to ask a serious question now, does anyone have a clue what will happen if somebody dies? What is happening with their ICN? (Let's say they are lying on the Iconomi platform, not on an exchange or a private wallet). Did you think about that already? Is it possible to transfer these ICN to a family member if they can proof that you are dead?

That is why you should keep your ICN on your desktop ETH mist wallet and provide a backup & private keys to your loved ones.

If you keep your ICN on Kraken, they won't pass any Dividends to you, let alone your loved ones.

(Let's say they are lying on the Iconomi platform, not on an exchange or a private wallet)

I know you just want to help, but that didn't answer my questions.

In my opinion, I don't think that many of ICN holders are withdrawing their ICN to a private wallet. Because a big chunk of investors came from fiat money and aren't really familiar with myetherwallets etc. So most of the ICN will stay on the platform. Now what happens when you die and your ICN are still on the platform?

Jani can you give me an answer?

I'm not Jani but I'll like to answer this one.

Answer is very obvious.

What happens to a Gmail account when someone dies? His family members access it if the know they password.
Now, if someone with Bitcoin dies, his successors can access Bitcoins if they have the private key. Else they would lie unused forever.

Same would happen to your icn. I think, you don't need to prove anything to Iconomi team. If you have password you can use it else you can't . ICONOMI team doesn't even know to whom does an account belong unless you have completed KYC.
So, there's no chance for family members to claim icn if the user had not completed KYC.
And there  0.001% Wink chances of claiming if user had completed KYC.
icojaka

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:06:23 PM

Just a reminder for people not following us from the start...
For ICONOMI.index and ICONOMI.performance funds we have not yet set fees.
So 1%, 2%, 20% and other numbers are just examples...
Expect official numbers when we officially launch the funds later this year.
WoJJ78

Activity: 168

ICONOMI enthousiast

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:31:29 PM

Can't wait! It's just somewhere in december right? No definitive date?
Daparski

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:34:12 PM

So the 20% for ICNP is not a final number yet?
icojaka

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:38:04 PM

Lot of great info about ICONOMI can be found on last Tuesday's AMA:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5d2efz/i_am_tim_m_zagar_cofounder_of_iconomi_fund/

Looking forward to the next AMA. It's next Tuesday, right?

We will be doing AMAs periodically, most probably in a bi-weekly format...
For the very next AMA we have not yet decided on the date, since Jani and Tim will be on business trips in the weeks ahead...
I will try to get a date confirmed, and publish is asap.
icojaka

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:45:31 PM

Can't wait! It's just somewhere in december right? No definitive date?

December 31st at 11:59pm.
Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 ... 1188 »
  Print  

Jump to: