Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uquid bitcoin debit card reviews  (Read 27774 times)
noemi18

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:17:51 PM

First first time I made a small deposit to buy the card. This went smoothly.

Then I made a bigger deposit and it did not show up the balance stays
the same.

I opened up a support ticket in their ticket system and I am waiting since December 28th without getting a response.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
servsec

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:08:15 PM

I sent them an email on this friday questioning that I uploaded the documents on 19/12 for  kyc_2 upgrade and not received a response till now.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:10:07 PM

I sent them an email on this friday questioning that I uploaded the documents on 19/12 for  kyc_2 upgrade and not received a response till now.
Try to contact with them on skype as they reply very quickly and solve your problem in few minutes because emails may be not working as quick as they need to do
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

Seems, that Uquid gave up its own card, that was not connected with Visa/Mastercard and they have a maximum load/cashout of 150$/€/£ without ID.
ivanb82

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:28:17 PM

Just a headsup regarding this scam site.

I have registered on Uquid and made a deposit of 0.09ETH on 30/12/2017. ETH price between 30/12/2017 and 2/01/2018 has never dipped below 670USD between those 2 dates. It actually varied between 700USD and 797USD according to coindesk.

Check this out. The deposit estimate on their WON website said that 0.09ETH should be around 66USD, which was fine and according to the price ETH was hovering around at that time.

Deposit via crypto, which was supposed to be "realtime", finally got "completed" on January 2nd 2018. Ok fine ,it was New Year, maybe their personnel had a day off or they were short-staffed. But when it finally got completed I was credited with an amazing 43USD... LOL. SO the ETH price they used for my deposit was a magnificent 477USD, a jaw dropping 36% lower price than what the actual price was on Dec 30 and a whopping 40% lower price than ETH was on January 2nd when the "realtime" deposit was completed.

So if I had opted to deposit 1000USD in ETH I would have actually gotten an amazing 600USD for my ETH deposit.

Of course ,support has no answer on my ticket after 5 days since I have opened it. Below are screenshots from my "deposit" transaction and my (oneway) conversation with their "support". Support "should be contacting users 24hours at the latest after the incident has been opened", in case anyone wonders LMAO.

https://imgur.com/a/g8BYc
howlite

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:14:13 AM

Good morning
Is Uquid debit card a Spam?
I have ordered my Uquid debit card since 2017/12/09 (a Month ago) and I deposited 1000 euros but today we are 2018/01/09  and i did not received any card and I have sent several mails to inform them,but no response
Is there somebody who could tell me how I can get my money back, because the only possibility on Uquid is to send them money via  a deposit on a wallet but no way to get your money back. I am in France and I filled all the forms with my right address
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:17:50 AM

Maybe in a few weeks we have a new option:

Greetings all,

The vision for TokenCard has always been to marry the power of the Ethereum network with the global reach of the payments networks. This coupling unleashes onto the world a product of unparalleled financial access and control: from the (newly?) wealthy to those looking to regain control of their own finances, and by extent lives, the TokenCard is the epitome, the holy grail, of payment platforms.

This vision has always been a global one. To that end we have been on the lookout for an issuer that can provide us with the flexibility we need to complete this vision. In 2015, at the time of us first engaging our original issuing partner, WaveCrest, they had been able to help us fulfil this goal: through passive issuance we would be able to send cards to a near global market.

Over time WaveCrest’s situation evolved causing them to lose their ability to do global passive issuance; cards would only be sent within the EU. This however wouldn’t suffice for us, and we expedited our plans to work with larger and more sophisticated issuers with global reach.

Now, WaveCrest has been forced to indefinitely suspended all card activities, spelling the end of an era for them.

Today, with great excitement, we want to announce that we’ve been working in stealth on a new partnership with a prominent and large issuer. With our new partner we will have the ability to deploy cards globally. YES, that includes the US. China however is out with this one (but worry not 😉).

Alas, we had not intended to reveal our strategic launch plans this soon. We had wanted to announce the global rollout of TokenCard on the day we actually would be able to start shipping en masse.. for effect.

In short, the negatives:

Before we can launch we will need to complete API integration with the new issuer
A significant amount of time has been put into WaveCrest
Potential for panicky community
Positives:

API integration will be quicker thanks to lessons learnt and back end already being completely in place
Issuers are somewhat drag-and-droppable, little modification to the entire codebase is needed to get
The entire early mover advantage any competition had (Xapo, Wirex, Tenx) has been wiped away as their cards stopped working this morning. It has become a complete green field market, the clock has been reset and things are going to get juicy. The market is ours for the taking
WaveCrest is a large single point of failure since the bulk of crypto projects are with them. Moving away from this concentration decrease our risks accordingly. Additional issuers might be put in place in paralel.
We will be able to ship cards globally! This includes major markets such as the US and South Korea.
More sophisticated fulfilment and card material options.
NFC, contactless! Will be available from day 1! This is a big deal here in the UK, but also in Korea, Canada and Australia.
We are working fast to seize the moment. Stay tuned.

More details on country restrictions will follow.

To the team at WaveCrest I want to thank them for all their work. The team there is filled with stars who have simply found themselves in an unfortunate situation. Our engagement with WaveCrest stretches far back and our card product only just missed public deployment with them. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed working with their excellent team.

We wish you guys all the best. Truly.

Best,

Mel Gelderman and the Token team.

TL;DR The Token team was well prepared and has in stealth been working on a much larger partnership to bring the TokenCard to a global audience.

imrule

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:55:21 AM

monthly card fees, pls

Monthly Card fees is just 1$.
Update, I was able to load my card into my account. I guess they finished integrating their systems.
I will test deposit and card load and see how long it takes in total now.

that's cool bro, please keep the community informed about your next steps
btw how fast did they deliver the card to Canada or are you using virtual ?

It took about 18 business days for me to get my UQUID card, I havent had any problems with it since the day I received it (other than having trouble finding my pin, it was in my junk inbox).

Good morning
I have ordered my Uquid debit card since 2017/12/09 (a Month ago) and I deposited 1000 euros but today we are 2018/01/09  and i did not received any card and I have sent several mails to inform them,but no response
Is there somebody who could tell me how I can get my money back, because the only possibility on Uquid is to send them money via  a deposit on a wallet but no way to get your money back. I am in France and I filled all the forms with my right address

From my personal experience, I wouldn't say that UQUID is a scam since they were operating perfectly up to July of 2017 when Visa changed their policy.
Between July up to late December they have been working on integrating their new card issuing company into their system so that everything works the way it used to.
I don't know how large UQUID's dev team is but I can say it was a long 5 month wait. I purchased my card on Dec 5th 2017 and I activated my card on Dec 23th.
It is possible that they have put you in queue to prep and ship out your card. Keep in mind, they had to send a card to everyone that previously had one before their service went down back in July (that is including myself).

I have to admit, their rates are shitty but just recently 5 companies (Bitwala, Cryptopay, Wirex, ShakePay and TenX) went down because of Visa's policy change.
UQUID is the only one left standing right now that's providing service to countries that are also outside of EU.
I would have to give them some credit for switching to another card issuing company before the shit hit the fan.
I'm not saying UQUID is perfect, but to me it's better than having nothing.
howlite

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:01:13 PM

So ..I am still waiting for my card...
If they meet some problems I cannot understand why they don't just send an e mail saying "You will have to wait 2 months but you will get it"
there is no support : only the same automatic mail" you will have a response In 24 hours.
But the 24hours is now "no response since one month and 4days
I sent them my btc address to refund my money back if they cannot send me the card but nos response...It is not realy serious
Addisonbt

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:51:39 PM

Site design sludge

new card AVS ?
servsec

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:25:37 AM

Their system is still "under maintenance". And my card is still KYC1 - uploaded - pending for a month.
servsec

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:32:21 PM

it will be deactivated again
I received today this email. lol

Dear Cardholder,

You receive this email in connection to your prepaid card, issued by Paynetics.

We would like to inform you that all cards issued on the basis of our agreement with Cocsi Ltd trading as Uquid are scheduled for deactivation on 26 January 2018, 0:00 CET time, in exercising our right to terminate the agreement with Cocsi Ltd. due to risk and compliance reasons.

You have 10 days to utilize the balance remaining on your card/cards issued by Paynetics under the agreement with Cocsi Ltd /Uquid/.

As for the outstanding balance, if any, after this date we will contact you additionally to provide us with your details, where to return your remaining card funds.

If you have any questions regarding the deactivation process please do not hesitate to contact us via this e-mail.

cards@paynetics.digital
76A James Bourchier blvd.
1407 Sofia, Bulgaria
Paynetics Ltd.

Addisonbt

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

it will be deactivated again
I received today this email. lol

Dear Cardholder,

You receive this email in connection to your prepaid card, issued by Paynetics.

We would like to inform you that all cards issued on the basis of our agreement with Cocsi Ltd trading as Uquid are scheduled for deactivation on 26 January 2018, 0:00 CET time, in exercising our right to terminate the agreement with Cocsi Ltd. due to risk and compliance reasons.

You have 10 days to utilize the balance remaining on your card/cards issued by Paynetics under the agreement with Cocsi Ltd /Uquid/.

As for the outstanding balance, if any, after this date we will contact you additionally to provide us with your details, where to return your remaining card funds.

If you have any questions regarding the deactivation process please do not hesitate to contact us via this e-mail.

cards@paynetics.digital
76A James Bourchier blvd.
1407 Sofia, Bulgaria
Paynetics Ltd.

Service go down.
servsec

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

Uquid.com down...

Hosting Server Connect Timeout

HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server
Kanati

Activity: 93
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:53:28 AM

Uquid.com down...

Hosting Server Connect Timeout

HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

So now it's Uquid R.I.P?
VRMdude

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:33:39 AM

Uquid hmmmmm

They are still there no sign of a physical debit card yet though there is a notice on Uquid site to join there telegram group for updates which is not useful really why they cant just post updates on the Uquid.com website......

Got me a Uquid account late 2017 did a test deposit bought physical card even received physical card (mastercard) but as it was in the post something happened at Mastercard HQ (prob visa to) and wallop never got a pin and was unable to activate the card. Uquid ever since have promised new cards but we are now approaching 6 mnths down the road of that event. Shame Uquid has promise but Visa n mastercard have slammed the door shut by looks of it same old protectionism not sure whether to like or hate that tbh.

BTW Uquid support are very responsive currently talking to them about new card status and possible refunds......

Anybody been on there telegram channel have any updates?
VRMdude

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:49:05 AM

monthly card fees, pls

Monthly Card fees is just 1$.
Update, I was able to load my card into my account. I guess they finished integrating their systems.
I will test deposit and card load and see how long it takes in total now.

that's cool bro, please keep the community informed about your next steps
btw how fast did they deliver the card to Canada or are you using virtual ?

It took about 18 business days for me to get my UQUID card, I havent had any problems with it since the day I received it (other than having trouble finding my pin, it was in my junk inbox).

Good morning
I have ordered my Uquid debit card since 2017/12/09 (a Month ago) and I deposited 1000 euros but today we are 2018/01/09  and i did not received any card and I have sent several mails to inform them,but no response
Is there somebody who could tell me how I can get my money back, because the only possibility on Uquid is to send them money via  a deposit on a wallet but no way to get your money back. I am in France and I filled all the forms with my right address

From my personal experience, I wouldn't say that UQUID is a scam since they were operating perfectly up to July of 2017 when Visa changed their policy.
Between July up to late December they have been working on integrating their new card issuing company into their system so that everything works the way it used to.
I don't know how large UQUID's dev team is but I can say it was a long 5 month wait. I purchased my card on Dec 5th 2017 and I activated my card on Dec 23th.
It is possible that they have put you in queue to prep and ship out your card. Keep in mind, they had to send a card to everyone that previously had one before their service went down back in July (that is including myself).

I have to admit, their rates are shitty but just recently 5 companies (Bitwala, Cryptopay, Wirex, ShakePay and TenX) went down because of Visa's policy change.
UQUID is the only one left standing right now that's providing service to countries that are also outside of EU.
I would have to give them some credit for switching to another card issuing company before the shit hit the fan.
I'm not saying UQUID is perfect, but to me it's better than having nothing.

Totally!

Was a few weeks behind you and got caught up in the mastercard withdrawal stop even got a physical card delivered but never been able to use it and it cost £29 fee to purchase. I dont think Uquid are scam but they are under cosh from legacy finance closing ranks.

Does anybody have any news from the Uquid telegram channel on any new physical cards?
VRMdude

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:54:52 PM

happened just after I posted  Grin

https://www.rt.com/news/428483-visa-payments-problem-europe/
servsec

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:27:56 AM

Seems they don’t like competitors! People was asking for alternatives on their telegram group and I told them: Monaco cards (reserve), Paycent or Spectrocoin (both working and worldwide delivery). They banned me from that group and marked my messages as “spam” so I am posting here the another cards options.
I had 4 uquid cards and all cancelled since October last year. No refunds! Also my money on such cards disappeared. I’m glad that I had about 10 euros left in each or so.
I don’t care to pay about 3.000 usd to reserve a Monaco card with airport lounge access.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: