Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaupload + Bitcoins  (Read 13992 times)
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 08:53:37 AM

I do not understand how this will work ? will he spam the bitcoin network with tons of micro transactions for his site benefit ? and will the users pay for downloading or he will Cheesy
I don't think kim will be doing that, it might be something like this when you've earned like 0.01 btc you'll be able to withdraw.
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 01:36:33 PM

I do not understand how this will work ? will he spam the bitcoin network with tons of micro transactions for his site benefit ? and will the users pay for downloading or he will Cheesy

He says that he has the solution how to use bitcoin for micro payments. But as far as I know he has not explained anything about it yet. Smiley

Bitcoin indeed is a very good tool to use for micro payments. I think if done right then both will win: his service and Bitcoin. It's always a pleasure to see that Bitcoin is going to be used for a big project because this will definitely raise the demand for coins.
you are right, in my opinion it is a really great currency that everyone should be using, in my opinion bitcoins are going to be big with megaupload
ironm@n

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:21:10 PM

This will be something interesting to watch.  The next year will be different from any  other for btc, other cryptos and blockchain  apps in general, that are about to come.
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:27:51 PM

All I have really read about Kim Dotcom lately is the beef with Macafee,would like to see more promotion on this idea,instead of reading the spat between them.
Think this will potentially get Kim int trouble but it could create spin offs that would be harder to crack down on for a short amount of time. Enough time to get people interested in bitcoin and learn how to navigate it,so it should be a good look if it does not get taken down with his project.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:31:29 PM

I love the sound of this and it could be a killer app,  i am also pretty sure that dotcom is actually Dr Kimoto inventor of the gravity well.  Wink
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:53:16 PM

All I have really read about Kim Dotcom lately is the beef with Macafee,would like to see more promotion on this idea,instead of reading the spat between them.
Think this will potentially get Kim int trouble but it could create spin offs that would be harder to crack down on for a short amount of time. Enough time to get people interested in bitcoin and learn how to navigate it,so it should be a good look if it does not get taken down with his project.
please read about him and his past. he is not some kind of savior. also i fear that his system will not have much to do with the real bitcoin. i bet many people using his service will not even know what a private key is let alone own them.

DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 08:56:08 PM

He says that he has the solution how to use bitcoin for micro payments. But as far as I know he has not explained anything about it yet. Smiley

Bitcoin indeed is a very good tool to use for micro payments. I think if done right then both will win: his service and Bitcoin. It's always a pleasure to see that Bitcoin is going to be used for a big project because this will definitely raise the demand for coins.
you are right, in my opinion it is a really great currency that everyone should be using, in my opinion bitcoins are going to be big with megaupload
If megaupload start accepting bitcoin,it will make bitcoin more popular and there is doubt about it
Milkduds

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:05:21 PM

please read about him and his past. he is not some kind of savior. also i fear that his system will not have much to do with the real bitcoin. i bet many people using his service will not even know what a private key is let alone own them.

Not sure which man you are referring to when you tell me to read their history? Cheesy Both have troubled paths and I am well aware of both,so I will pass on the reading suggestion. Also was not endorsing Kim but saying how the attention could gain some bitcoin traction from people that are not currently involved in bitcoin. The download aspect can draw quite the numbers as people are tired of itunes shafting them on price. This is what I am pointing at and not either names being mentioned actually putting us on a more solid foundation. Both have ego issues and pump and dump mentality.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:16:15 PM

"Megaupload 2.0 Will Link File Transfers to Bitcoin Transactions"

Would this really come out like how he want's it to? So.. I think pretty much files would need btc payments i think.

If MegaUpload is going to integrate bitcoin in their system and the users are getting in bitcoin if someone downloads their files then can somebody make a difference between MegaUpload and SatoshiBox where the last one charges 6% fee or 0.0006BTC?
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:21:13 PM

Not sure which man you are referring to when you tell me to read their history? Cheesy Both have troubled paths and I am well aware of both,so I will pass on the reading suggestion. Also was not endorsing Kim but saying how the attention could gain some bitcoin traction from people that are not currently involved in bitcoin. The download aspect can draw quite the numbers as people are tired of itunes shafting them on price. This is what I am pointing at and not either names being mentioned actually putting us on a more solid foundation. Both have ego issues and pump and dump mentality.

this thread is mainly about kim and his vision so i was talking about him. you might call it a troubled path or say like it is. he has been convicted more than once and now he is telling people that he will solve some bitcoin problems and bitcoin will go trough the roof, but he wont give us the details. well, in such cases i tend to be skeptical and can just wonder how many here see him as some kind of savior, without seeing the danger of a potential damage. he will create a lot of attention. so what do you think will happen if this goes wrong. everybody will talk about how bitcoin failed. remember the DAO? basically a good idea, but it failed. how many people will invest in it if they try again? all i am saying is this: do not follow blindly because someone makes big promises. it could go wrong and set us back some years.

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:47:29 PM

Im sure whatever service they are talking about will be in the legal grey area.
File sharing or something similar to how torrent site operators claim they are not responsible for the files that are shared.
It might cause some negative press for Bitcoin, but would bring a lot of new users, so it would be a mix of good and bad, probably.

Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:36:35 AM

Would this really come out like how he want's it to? So.. I think pretty much files would need btc payments i think.

If MegaUpload is going to integrate bitcoin in their system and the users are getting in bitcoin if someone downloads their files then can somebody make a difference between MegaUpload and SatoshiBox where the last one charges 6% fee or 0.0006BTC?

Well i dont know what megaupload will bring for bitcoin community, but i do remember their big community were earning well, and i didnt know those SatoshiBox  as well, but well as long is good for bitcoin i do hope they can be fair with the rates and fees.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 16924

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 07:58:53 AM

Satoshi box - Sell your digital content for bitcoins.
Megaupload - Sell some digital content for bitcoins? I don't think it will be a platform where you will sell stuff you created. Megaupload's big selling point was downoading illegal content for free.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:28:35 PM

So , It seems like Kim dotcom launched his campaign on BnkToTheFuture and he is accepting "Bitcoin only" !  => https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/megaupload-2-0-bitcache (for those who are interested on investing) , for some reasons , I doubt the funding will be successful (but I'm sure the website will be for sure)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:32:07 PM

I don't think it will be a platform where you will sell stuff you created.

Why? An established artist could cut out half a dozen middlemen from between them and their revenue.

Vires in numeris
c4s7or

Activity: 535

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:48:08 PM

Do you guys think its a good investement? I dont really trust this.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:08:44 PM

cant wait for this to be released, wish dotcom would give out some more info tho.... although i suppose he is busy at the minute with his court case and that.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:32:10 PM

cant wait for this to be released, wish dotcom would give out some more info tho.... although i suppose he is busy at the minute with his court case and that.

Kim is a guy who can hype something big time. The same way he did with his lawsuit. However in this case I think he may on to something because his Mega project was quite successful. I did not expect to see it grow so big. Very interesting what he will have in store for us.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:35:24 PM

Hasn't kimdotcom been talking about this for months now? it really doesnt look like its coming anytime soon and it just sounds like hes over hyping it way too much.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:00:58 PM

Do you guys think its a good investement? I dont really trust this.

well, it is kim dotcom... seems reasonable.
i'll put some money and definitely will use when launched.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: