Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NeosCoin Official BCT Thread. Details, news and other information.  (Read 308601 times)
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 01:38:42 AM

The next stage of updates will come in stages by order of priority/necessity to support the upcoming changes. Before we do this, there are a few details to share with you all including a few proposals:

Suggestions/feedback from the community:

1.  Lower the cost of masternodes from 5000 NEOS to 3000 NEOS.  This would allow for more growth and a broader distribution.
2.  Increase the block reward to 2 NEOS per block, giving each MN 1 and each staker 1.

If anyone has any thoughts on the above, please feel free to share.  I'll be pushing some updates soon and coordinating the fork time pending feedback on the aforementioned.  Poloniex is in the works and will be gradually added into the client as well as Bleutrade.  Although, I've had conflicting opinions on in-wallet trading.  Some have expressed that the wallet should be without these features to allow it to focus solely on base functionality.  Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 07:02:48 AM

The next stage of updates will come in stages by order of priority/necessity to support the upcoming changes. Before we do this, there are a few details to share with you all including a few proposals:

1.  Lower the cost of masternodes from 5000 NEOS to 3000 NEOS.  This would allow for more growth and a broader distribution.
2.  Increase the block reward to 2 NEOS per block, giving each MN 1 and each staker 1.

If anyone has any thoughts on the above, please feel free to share.  I'll be pushing some updates soon and coordinating the fork time pending feedback on the aforementioned.  Poloniex is in the works and will be gradually added into the client as well as Bleutrade.  Although, I've had conflicting opinions on in-wallet trading.  Some have expressed that the wallet should be without these features to allow it to focus solely on base functionality.  Thoughts?

regarding 1.:
I think most people don't set up masternodes, because they have to allow incoming connections. Changing the amount of NEOS for setting up a masternode will probably not change the situation.

regarding 2.:
around 550,000 NEOS per year will be created with the current reward schedule. That is already pretty high considering the total amount of NEOS existing. Instead of increasing the supply, I would be in favour of gradually decreasing the reward (say something like halving the reward every year, or every 550,000 blocks).

regarding in-wallet trading:
probably not worth the effort. I know that I will not use it.

Just an opinion ...

... btw, I like the new POS wallet and I was positively surprised when you announced the continuation of development.

Best of luck for the future of this coin.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 06:09:37 PM

regarding 1.:
I think most people don't set up masternodes, because they have to allow incoming connections. Changing the amount of NEOS for setting up a masternode will probably not change the situation.

regarding 2.:
around 550,000 NEOS per year will be created with the current reward schedule. That is already pretty high considering the total amount of NEOS existing. Instead of increasing the supply, I would be in favour of gradually decreasing the reward (say something like halving the reward every year, or every 550,000 blocks).

Just an opinion ...

... btw, I like the new POS wallet and I was positively surprised when you announced the continuation of development.

Regarding #2, that's an excellent idea.  Every 500,000 blocks, the reward will drop by .1 for the next 5 iterations (roughly every 347 days).  Thank you for that feedback, quite a few others agreed with it as do we!

GrassFunky

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:52:30 PM

regarding 1.:

regarding 2.:

Just an opinion ...

Regarding #2, that's an excellent idea.  Every 500,000 blocks, the reward will drop by .1 for the next 5 iterations (roughly every 347 days).  Thank you for that feedback, quite a few others agreed with it as do we!

Yeaa down with a gradual decrease! Smiley
I don't use the in wallet trading, perhaps its worth removing to focus on other areas?
Lowering the cost of a MN probably wont have much of an effect as it still quite a mission for the GP to get one going. Unless there is docs coming for this or a one two click kinda thing in the wallet to set one up.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 07:59:05 PM

Update your Neos wallets:

Both the source (https://github.com/neoscoin/neos-core) and Windows wallet (http://neoscoin.com/downloads/windows) have been updated in preparation for the fork coming at block 109,000.  This is a mandatory update to support the new block reward structure/payouts.  Additional changes will be rolling out slowly over the next week.  If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.

Details:

Every 500K blocks for the next 5 iterations the rewards for both PoS and masternodes will cut back by .1.

Potential next wallet update: removing in-wallet trading to speed up client operations.  Most have voiced their opinion against it, rather than in-favor of.  Your opinion matters.

Cokezero

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:03:29 PM

I dont see anything special on the  roadmap..

I own Neoscoin but what is special with it ? What is the purpose?

Enforceable invoicing is interesting. Neos value will grow due masternodes. It's just good coin with skilled developers.

What is inforceable invocing? How do you want to do that?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◄ matchpool - ICO March 25th 2017 ► ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄               Meet your match    ◾    Changing the way we date    ◾    Join us now!               ▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                        Smart contract rewards    ◾    Link people together                        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 08:08:12 PM

I dont see anything special on the  roadmap..

I own Neoscoin but what is special with it ? What is the purpose?

Enforceable invoicing is interesting. Neos value will grow due masternodes. It's just good coin with skilled developers.

What is inforceable invocing? How do you want to do that?

This is probably one of the more sensitive areas of our r&d.  The reason being that the approach we would take would be similar to on-chain escrow.  The most difficult part is identifying both parties have met their required criteria and being fair to both in terms of the actions taken to balance out both sides.  This has been stated since we mentioned it as something we're more or less tinkering with and it may or may not see daylight.  It all depends on whether or not we can implement our vision of this successfully and try to break it a few thousand times to see if it holds up.

sl-avik

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:02:41 AM

I think in-wallet trading not popular function, but in-wallet analisys some thing  like volume statistics, trend graphs from polo will very usefull, price moving for xx day, in polo I need to API request and parse then, if it can in wallet that will very good

and will very good if make price prediction function, for example on ANN (neural net), for example if in wallet I have 1000 Neos I can build 1000 neural net and anaylise it then (neural net base on polo data - volume, price)
Jerry S

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 12:05:43 PM

there will be a fork? when?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 05:31:00 PM

there will be a fork? when?

In approximately 6 days from now the network will automatically deny older clients.

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:34:35 AM

Update your Neos wallets:

Both the source (https://github.com/neoscoin/neos-core) and Windows wallet (http://neoscoin.com/downloads/windows) have been updated in preparation for the fork coming at block 109,000.  This is a mandatory update to support the new block reward structure/payouts.  Additional changes will be rolling out slowly over the next week.  If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask us.

Details:

Every 500K blocks for the next 5 iterations the rewards for both PoS and masternodes will cut back by .1.

Potential next wallet update: removing in-wallet trading to speed up client operations.  Most have voiced their opinion against it, rather than in-favor of.  Your opinion matters.

looks good
Most guys wont trust a wallet api anyway.
Focus should be at Social Media Features and Basics like the Reward System, Client overhaul imo.

Orange_Exchange_Pro

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:59:20 AM

Well done guys. Good wallet. Not fully translated into Russian. On the question of adding functionality - it will be a plus in any case. Comments in your wallet more functionality to write.
p1erce

Activity: 768

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:21:57 PM

any updates this week?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 07:38:03 PM

any updates this week?

We've just hired an additional developer to focus on the new interface.  Nothing extensive to report.

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:09:12 AM

Is there a working blockchain explorer?
GrassFunky

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:36:09 AM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/neos/
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:23:46 AM

Thanks!
Alpalach

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:11:17 AM

Any reasonable reason for the today plunge?
p1erce

Activity: 768

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:17:29 AM

No news

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Orange_Exchange_Pro

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 11:47:28 AM

Unbelievers passengers go ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: