Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoin private property  (Read 25268 times)
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:55:07 AM

I am confused on what you are trying to say.  Private property as to ownership?  If it is that's the case, do you think we will be able to experience bitcoin today?  If they keep it to their self and just sell like only a 10% of bitcoin would it become a hit!  I do not think so.

If we keep it then we are the owner and it will become private property since you do not want other people to know your address and the bitcoin you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:15:04 AM

It is not a private property since we are able to hold, sell, buy, earn, and invest them.  If it is a private property then it was regulated by a company or some people and the supply or the bitcoin would be really low.  And its price is truly so high because it was being regulated by a company.  They got hold of the price of it.  Its price is stable.  Maybe if it was a private property only some people have the capacity to have a bitcoin.
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:42:26 AM

It is not a private property since we are able to hold, sell, buy, earn, and invest them.  If it is a private property then it was regulated by a company or some people and the supply or the bitcoin would be really low.  And its price is truly so high because it was being regulated by a company.  They got hold of the price of it.  Its price is stable.  Maybe if it was a private property only some people have the capacity to have a bitcoin.
but to me bitcoin is a private property, because every one has the right to hold it for how long time he wan to. there is no time frame for holding bitcoin, and the second is that ever one has the right to use bitcoin according to their own choice.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:04:14 AM

but to me bitcoin is a private property, because every one has the right to hold it for how long time he wan to. there is no time frame for holding bitcoin, and the second is that ever one has the right to use bitcoin according to their own choice.
yes i am agree with you, it is a  fact that bitcoin is a private property because the government has no concern with it  and it is not under the influence of any start or government, actually it is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 10 bitcoins then the 10 bitcoins are my property, so every one is the owner of the peroperty who is own it.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:41:38 AM

yes i am agree with you, it is a  fact that bitcoin is a private property because the government has no concern with it  and it is not under the influence of any start or government, actually it is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 10 bitcoins then the 10 bitcoins are my property, so every one is the owner of the peroperty who is own it.

Still confuse on private property thing.  But yes, you do have a point.  It is not government owned so it was a private property just like companies who were not owned by the government.  Since we have some of bitcoins then we are the owners and it become a private property because government do not have any cut on it like having a tax on it. 
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:36:57 PM

Still confuse on private property thing.  But yes, you do have a point.  It is not government owned so it was a private property just like companies who were not owned by the government.  Since we have some of bitcoins then we are the owners and it become a private property because government do not have any cut on it like having a tax on it. 

None of the government own it so we call it as our private property but in a capitalist system of society the fiat is also considered as our private property and the land we own is also considered as our private property because we do hard work for it to earn that and make that for our self.
StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:41:55 PM

It is not a private property since we are able to hold, sell, buy, earn, and invest them.  If it is a private property then it was regulated by a company or some people and the supply or the bitcoin would be really low.  And its price is truly so high because it was being regulated by a company.  They got hold of the price of it.  Its price is stable.  Maybe if it was a private property only some people have the capacity to have a bitcoin.
yes i am agree with you, it is a  fact that bitcoin is a private property because the government has no concern with it  and it is not under the influence of any start or government, actually it is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 10 bitcoins then the 10 bitcoins are my property, so every one is the owner of the peroperty who is own it.

Still confuse on private property thing.  But yes, you do have a point.  It is not government owned so it was a private property just like companies who were not owned by the government.  Since we have some of bitcoins then we are the owners and it become a private property because government do not have any cut on it like having a tax on it.  

None of the government own it so we call it as our private property but in a capitalist system of society the fiat is also considered as our private property and the land we own is also considered as our private property because we do hard work for it to earn that and make that for our self.
here in our country when you are buying a piece of land and when going to register it on your name there you can see these world that, "First this land is the property of Allah and then the Government of XYZ and after that you are the owner of that that" so it mean that if our government need that land they can take it from me, but i think in case of bitcoin no one have the right to take your bitcoin from you. therefore i can say that bitcoin is a private property.
Superbitzz

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 06:36:15 PM

in our country when you are going to buy a piece of land it is clearly mentioned in it that this land is the property Allah Almighty and then this the property of Government of Pakistan and after that you are the owner of this land, it means that if the country need for the place you are owning the govt has the right to take it from you.
hulk1

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:41:13 PM

ye bitcoin is a private property and not the property of one person.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:06:03 PM

yes bitcoin is a private property no doubt a bout this .
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:41:25 PM

It is not a private property since we are able to hold, sell, buy, earn, and invest them.  If it is a private property then it was regulated by a company or some people and the supply or the bitcoin would be really low.  And its price is truly so high because it was being regulated by a company.  They got hold of the price of it.  Its price is stable.  Maybe if it was a private property only some people have the capacity to have a bitcoin.
yes i am agree with you, it is a  fact that bitcoin is a private property because the government has no concern with it  and it is not under the influence of any start or government, actually it is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 10 bitcoins then the 10 bitcoins are my property, so every one is the owner of the peroperty who is own it.

Still confuse on private property thing.  But yes, you do have a point.  It is not government owned so it was a private property just like companies who were not owned by the government.  Since we have some of bitcoins then we are the owners and it become a private property because government do not have any cut on it like having a tax on it.  

here in our country when you are buying a piece of land and when going to register it on your name there you can see these world that, "First this land is the property of Allah and then the Government of XYZ and after that you are the owner of that that" so it mean that if our government need that land they can take it from me, but i think in case of bitcoin no one have the right to take your bitcoin from you. therefore i can say that bitcoin is a private property.

It is true that everything on the earth belong to God and have right on all the universe. But it is injustice that your government also claim an ownership on your land. If you spend your money to buy that then your government do not have any right to take it.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:49:43 PM

yes there is no doubt about this that bitcoin is a private property
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 10:08:30 PM

bitcoin is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 30 bitcoins in my wallet so i am the owner of 30 bitcoins.
I think he didn't mean to ask who the owner would be if possession is concerned.I think he meant to ask what would be the case in case of someone receiving the coins mistakenly 

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
pti

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:17:20 AM

yes bitcoin is a private property and any one who hold bitcoin is the owner of these bitcoins.
PsursV

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:05:54 PM

yes bitcoin is a private property ans it is not the property of a state or a forum or of a single person, it is the property of the person who is really owing it, if you have 40 bitcoins then you are the owner of 40 Bitcoin and it is really your own property.
lucki777

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:37:32 PM

yes there is no doubt about this that bitcoin is a private currency, it does not belong to any group or state but it is a private currency of the person who is owning it.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:10:35 AM

bitcoin is the property of those people who are owning it, if i have 30 bitcoins in my wallet so i am the owner of 30 bitcoins.
I think he didn't mean to ask who the owner would be if possession is concerned.I think he meant to ask what would be the case in case of someone receiving the coins mistakenly 
i think if you receive the bitcoin mistakenly  then it is your moral duty to return it it do not belong to you and is not your property, therefore it is your duty to return the bitcoin to the address you received the bitcoins from.
youhgt2

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:36:57 PM

yes that is a fact and i think no government can own it as it is not a centralize currency, bitcoin is a decentralize currency and not a single country can claim and that is the reason that we consider it as our own private currency.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:00:09 PM

My opinion is that bitcoins are private property and if someone obtains your private key and takes your bitcoins without permission, they are stealing. The problem is getting the authorities to prosecute.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:19:16 PM

I would say Bitcoin is a private property on a public ledger called block chain which is open to anyone for auditing, it is one of the best form of money a person can have, a revolution that is changing how finance worked for the past 4000+ years.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: