Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoin private property  (Read 25268 times)
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:53:45 AM

I agree. In our laws, possession is not tantamount to ownership but in this situation lies the exception.

As you ought to know, Bitcoin exists online. All incidents that relate to it depends on who possesses it. Say for instance in your given example, when someone mistakenly transmits his Bitcoins to another, that another already owns it. You may argue in this instance that it is still your private property but you will be gratifying yourself with too much workload trying to prove such. You should know by now how heavily encrypted all data are in the world of cryptos.

But, if your Bitcoins is already stored in your wallet, it is already a private property. This will then be a battle of evidence to prove ownership.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greeneyedbat

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:00:51 AM

No, I think Bitcoin is just data being shifted around. Just like a virus and worm. There is no respect but the amount of respect and attention you put into it. Bitcoin is a form of currency but something that is up in the air and not physical monies that can be spent in a bar or hotel or in a grocery store. It is like putting value on respect itself, when the physical currency that is spent in everyday life is (also respected). Nowadays, we have to move into the computer age and are still ill-equipped to handle just the respect itself. It's not currency till the data is paid for and used as a useful tool in everyday life. I think that the state should have a word in it, but, should leave it open to, an open interpretation.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:05:52 PM

I agree. In our laws, possession is not tantamount to ownership but in this situation lies the exception.

As you ought to know, Bitcoin exists online. All incidents that relate to it depends on who possesses it. Say for instance in your given example, when someone mistakenly transmits his Bitcoins to another, that another already owns it. You may argue in this instance that it is still your private property but you will be gratifying yourself with too much workload trying to prove such. You should know by now how heavily encrypted all data are in the world of cryptos.

But, if your Bitcoins is already stored in your wallet, it is already a private property. This will then be a battle of evidence to prove ownership.
This is why we should really be careful on transferring bitcoins because once it would be transferred,taking it back would really be nearly impossible since you didnt even know on whose the one is holding or owning it and making argumentations would really be hard too because we do know once it has been passed it cant really be reversed and anyone can claim that they do really earn those coins which would really end up for you on not having a choice but to move on.
barbenoire123

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Solution for reliable global money transactions

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:14:44 AM

hello bitcoin is not a bitcoin private property is the property of those who own it, if i have bitcoins in my wallet, i own it's bitcoins. I can buy or sell them I'm free
Aristus

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:38:26 AM

Bitcoin is not a private property.The simple defination of private property is "off limits" but that is not how bitcoin is circulating. As long as someone has the amount to invest he/she has access to it. Same as paper money how the bitcoin own by someone everyone can earn it in any kinds of legal works.
ecnesa101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:12:05 AM

In my opinion bitcoin is private property of individual who are using for it and own .
jcemos9bt

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

WayMaker Miracle Worker

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

Bitcoin is a private property  you own and control your bank yourself without government or theird party control
marielbeckham

Activity: 185

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

The opinions differ here but I still suppose that yes, BTC is some kind of private property.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:06:13 AM

As long as any property, asset and etc you own yourself is obviously yours, but when you loose your ownership of the anything, you can not get it back. Bitcoin is just a currency and as long as its with you, you own it and the moment you spend it, then nothing can be done. It feels good when you own something special to you right.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
kashkarev55@mail.r

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

here depends on the country of the regulator. For example, if Japan and the United States went on the way of recognizing the cryptocurrency as a digital currency from the part, then in Russia there was a bill that recognizes the crypto currency under the civil code as a product, that is, in fact when you change one crypto currency to another, then there will not be a contract of sale, Everything will depend on the legal system of the country.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:59:38 PM

As long as any property, asset and etc you own yourself is obviously yours, but when you loose your ownership of the anything, you can not get it back. Bitcoin is just a currency and as long as its with you, you own it and the moment you spend it, then nothing can be done. It feels good when you own something special to you right.
When we do talk or describe it on common sense way then its clear that this is really a private property since those coins either you attain by means of purchasing or earning the thing here is that its a digital currency which unlike on physical world where properties would be classified as things like house and any possession's that wont really correlate with fiat itself.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

It all depends on what kind of wallet your bitcoin is in; if it is a hot wallet it is yours for that time being. However, if that specific wallet has to have a fall back and the app has to shut down then ALL your BTC or ETH goes with the app. If your BTC or ETH is a cold wallet then that is your property and will remain yours  unless you choose to make an exchange or so forth.

labhsikh123

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:52:25 AM

This is a good question. Although,  I think bitcoin is a private property yet it should be more debatable to accurate clarify. 
zahed

Activity: 344
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:59:07 PM

I think Bitcoin is a secret property for where countries banned BTC.Because in which countries bank dosen't allow Bitcoin transaction by bank.
Yeah i believe BTC and Cryptocurrency is our online future property.

Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:33:35 PM

To me i will say yes that bitcoin is a private property because when you earn a bitcoin it is coming into wallet and of which you are the holder of the private key until you release the private no body can access the bitcoin in your wallet so for the moment you are holding it it remains your private properity.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:05:05 AM

I think Bitcoin is a secret property for where countries banned BTC.Because in which countries bank dosen't allow Bitcoin transaction by bank.
Yeah i believe BTC and Cryptocurrency is our online future property.

yeah and because of its characteristic of Bitcoin itself, I think it's still a matter of consideration for certain countries. This is one of the things that are related about the future, and I'm sure that later on., it will get support until it will build the country more advanced due to bitcoin-related technology as well as all things related to cryptos.

LegendzX

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:00:18 AM

I don't think bitcoin can be consider as private property, it will be if it is under the government law and of it is physical.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:54:40 PM

One of the advantage and also the disadvantage of having a crypto investment is that it is not centralized. You can do whatever you want, send crypto to anyone you want, with fees on some countries, and that people youve transacted for doesnt know anything about you. Decentralized society also means no rules and no appropriate officer to handle any conflicts. Bitcoin and other crypto is a private property. All youve stated is the negligence of the holder.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:30:33 PM

I'm talking about the money kind of bitcoin.

Some situations where the bitcoin status of being a private property or not could arise:

> A mistakenly sends bitcoins to B, and A finds out who B is.
> A mistakenly shows his private keys to B (by just saying it), and A finds out who B is.
> B executes a replay attack on A.
> B, by an practical impossible luck, creates a private key that had founds that belonged to A already.
> B sends money to A (and A sends "something" or some information to B). Then, we don't know why, everyone decides to change their Bitcoin rules and the result is that A can't get to spend his money in the new version.

I started an article (here) trying to defend the idea that bitcoin is not private property, therefore all of the examples above couldn't be classified as theft or robbery (of private property).

What do you think?
There is a good list of civil laws to learn from
If A loses some cash, it is picked up by B, and A knows who B is.
Then unless A can prove that cash is owned by A, the judge will not support A because the money has no name.It's hard to prove!

JRDuran

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

No. Bitcoin will never be a private property but only an asset to many. A private property is something physical that someone's own legally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: