Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the XMR pump all due some darkmarkets announcing they will add it?  (Read 3000 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 10:54:26 PM

Monero is pumping now because it took this long for the pump team or whale to get enough of a percentage of the coin from dumpers to make it worth it to pump it. What dumbass is buying now is my question?

The ones that dont want to stay empty handed. And the one that have some but fell it is to little.  Next week will start buying the one that will need them for Darkmarkets.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:09:48 PM

You gotta be the imbecile from hell to be buying any coin that has gone 10x+ in a week, but I suppose the trap door will fall when they run out of imbeciles as usual.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:29:21 PM

You gotta be the imbecile from hell to be buying any coin that has gone 10x+ in a week, but I suppose the trap door will fall when they run out of imbeciles as usual.

Seems the imbeciles love:

In a certain way, one could say that Monero has already replaced bitcoin in its original conception, namely as an anarchist currency.  Bitcoin has, unfortenately, become an half-institutionalized gambling/speculating tool with more and more demand for state justice, legal interference, and "mainstream regulation".   Most of the market cap of bitcoin is made of speculation as just another financial tool in the big toolbox of financial gamblers, and only a minuscule tiny fraction is devoted to the original goal of bitcoin, which was freedom from state, law and finance.  Monero still has most of that promise, as I don't think that its market cap is mainly driven by financial gamblers.  However, it is true that monero is, as far as I know, not (yet ?) used as a genuine currency, as bitcoin was at a certain point, on the dark net.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

If Roger Ver is right, you're the imbecile. (and it's 2.5X in the last 7 days)

https://forum.bitcoin.com/monero/monero-price-speculation-thread-t10274.html#p29049

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:42:50 PM

If Roger Ver is right, you're the imbecile. (and it's 2.5X in the last 7 days)

https://forum.bitcoin.com/monero/monero-price-speculation-thread-t10274.html#p29049

Sorry, a week and a half. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#charts
Fuckin' pump and dump just like all the rest, trick.
FabioCortes

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:43:58 PM

I'm really surprised at what's going on, and seeking explanations for this. When was the first pump that took the currency to 0.008 I already felt "very risky to enter into a long-term operation" and now this. Anyway, observing these movements is really fascinating.  Cool Cool
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:45:34 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 12:20:50 AM by European Central Bank

how many freaking times have we been here just in the last few months? a few weeks back etc was gonna take over the world and destroy everything before it. a similar sort of time steemit was gonna destroy bitcoin and facebook and everything it stood for.

these cycles are so obvious it's giving me physical pain. monero does have the darknet thing going but steemit had the social thing, etc had the immutability thing and on and on and on.

throw in the emotiveness about blocksizes and fungibility and xmr is a prime candidate for appealing to people who are ready to hand over their bitcoin, probably the most compelling set of pegs to hang a pump on so far. the volume is reflecting that.
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 11:48:24 PM

Believe me no one in dark markets will use this guiless shit. Smooth aka rpietilla and his gang is pumping xmr.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 12:31:55 AM

Believe me no one in dark markets will use this guiless shit. Smooth aka rpietilla and his gang is pumping xmr.

didnt you know smooth = rpietila = his gang?

All the same person?  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:51:15 AM

Monero is pumping now because it took this long for the pump team or whale to get enough of a percentage of the coin from dumpers to make it worth it to pump it. What dumbass is buying now is my question?

The ones that dont want to stay empty handed. And the one that have some but fell it is to little.  Next week will start buying the one that will need them for Darkmarkets.

lol aka dumbasses.

don't fall for this bot pump SHIT

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:48:41 AM

Deepweb start to use much more monero cause it is anon,. Prob this what cause this mega pump.
.i think monero dont get a huge dump.

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:51:42 AM

XMR went from $25M to close to roughly $130M market cap on a DNM announcement.
FCT has Department of Homeland Security and a Wall Street firm amongst their clients.

There's a mismatch with the demographic of crypto here and many investors put their idealism before money. The US government and Wall Street are easily in the top 5 of what most crypto people despise and for this reason it'll take some time to reach price discovery. The kind of revenue US government and Wall street can generate stomps any shady DNM.

twitter.com/erikledgers
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:11:43 AM

Deepweb start to use much more monero cause it is anon,. Prob this what cause this mega pump.
.i think monero dont get a huge dump.
i guess still on its peak so no worry about the dump for now many still believed that monero will keeps on moving up and the still not done yet lets wait for the price to be more established, good luck mate hold still for some coins.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 10:20:27 AM

FCT has Department of Homeland Security and a Wall Street firm amongst their clients.

There's a mismatch with the demographic of crypto here and many investors put their idealism before money. The US government and Wall Street are easily in the top 5 of what most crypto people despise and for this reason it'll take some time to reach price discovery. The kind of revenue US government and Wall street can generate stomps any shady DNM.

You have no idea how governments work, do you?

(I'll take a nice shady tree under the CIA any day)

https://www.iqt.org/

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 01:43:46 PM

This coin has been forgotten for 1+ year since the first ATH happened, it never close to the last peak. Now, in a matter of days, we have seen the ATH getting destroyed and we are at a price higher than ever before.

Why is this happening? Is there any solid reasons, or is just a "buy rumor sell news" scenario?

Do people in dark markets are willing to use XMR when they need to buy BTC to begin with? whats the point?

Any technological advancements in XMR that I have missed?

Why this pump? I may get in but man this has to correct with a dip. Also im scared this can start crashing and become stagnant again. At the end of the day BTC will keep getting more anonymous with further updates.

these things usually happen together, it means that it is not just the news, it starts with whales accumulating the coin then, they start pumping then they release the news and make it big and then others join it making the pump that much bigger.

otherwise a single news about darknet and monero is not going to generate mad amounts of demand overnight. these things take time.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 02:58:18 PM

I still suspect the users and those from DAO are moved to XMR causing the pump. This is for him to be untraceable.
The price of ETC went down and stayed for long this time i don't see it would move up later for the funds are already transfers through XMR.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:09:36 PM

This coin has been forgotten for 1+ year since the first ATH happened, it never close to the last peak. Now, in a matter of days, we have seen the ATH getting destroyed and we are at a price higher than ever before.

Why is this happening? Is there any solid reasons, or is just a "buy rumor sell news" scenario?

Do people in dark markets are willing to use XMR when they need to buy BTC to begin with? whats the point?

Any technological advancements in XMR that I have missed?

Why this pump? I may get in but man this has to correct with a dip. Also im scared this can start crashing and become stagnant again. At the end of the day BTC will keep getting more anonymous with further updates.

these things usually happen together, it means that it is not just the news, it starts with whales accumulating the coin then, they start pumping then they release the news and make it big and then others join it making the pump that much bigger.

otherwise a single news about darknet and monero is not going to generate mad amounts of demand overnight. these things take time.

Isn't that the pareto rule in action?  Most of the low-capitalization coins are constantly being dumped by dumpers and those, with vision, have to buy off the attrition.

NEM was another example of that.  Sat at $1 million capitalization and people were dumping out a lot.  Later it hit $120-$150 million ATH.

Bitcoin took almost 5 years until it hit $1250.  5 years might be the golden number for accumulation.

BigSirko

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:46:12 PM

You have no idea how governments work, do you?

(I'll take a nice shady tree under the CIA any day)

https://www.iqt.org/

More probable scenario is the US-based Poloniex would be leaned on and/or shut down.  Worse case scenario, staff who work at Poloniex themselves could face criminal charges.  Charlie Shrem and a couple of others went to prison for acting as a medium for Silkroad customers.  Poloniex is arguably doing the same thing for the DNMs.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:52:56 PM

I thought also that Monero was done apart from those people that throw in the word Monero to random topics.  When I saw this rise I was quite tempted to jump but I resisted, I think it is due mainly to the darknet interest.
satmas

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:01:34 PM

The darkmarkets accepting bitcoin is probably a part of the reason why XMR is being pumped, but it can't be the only reason.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: