Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is time to Ban Religion  (Read 7492 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:18:33 PM

The Chinese already did.

No they didn't. They simply replaced it with State religion which is more loosely formed in some areas and more strongly formed in other areas than what is generally thought of as religion.

Cool

This is correct. South East Asian atheism is tricky, because state atheism just seeks to remove all the deities apart from the state itself, which is actually quite worse than what we have in other parts of the world where people practice their religions freely. Ironic isn't it?

So that the State can become the "god" and the high priests (governing officials) get the tax money. At least with Christianity there is the promise of eternal life.

Cool

Read: At least with Christianity you have the same false promises as any other religion. It's ironic you talk about high priests in government positions getting tax money but at the same time, dodging any kind of payment on their own part.

You can guess that if you want. But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Government officials work for their money. So do church officials.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:51:51 PM

But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Bordering on nihilism there. There is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the Cat in the Hat is a false promise either.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:16:47 PM

Banned religion? I don't think so. Why would you banned something that makes people to be with God cause they have religion. I know that everyone has it's own opinion about our own religion but not every religion brings what everything you've said about it because in our religion I can't even see that we're gonna bring war, division and so on like everything you said.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:18:38 PM

A world without religion would be really great , but I think religions may stay forever
in the history even before prophets people created many things to worship , so it's the human nature I guess
all the religions should be replaced with humanity in my opinion
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 09:30:05 PM

Richard Dawkins famously said "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further"

We cannot ban religion. But I hope someday it will be abolished; simply because people wont need it

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:57:37 PM

But since life as it is, is impossible (except for the fact that it exists), there is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the resurrection is a false promise.

Bordering on nihilism there. There is really no way to say for sure that eternal life via the Cat in the Hat is a false promise either.

The fact that life and this whole universe is impossible with regard to any source we have scientifically found that could explain it, and the fact that all our mankind-created explanations are simply wild stories, the Bible - testifying all the way back to the Beginning - turns out to be the best explanation of our existence that we have.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:00:22 PM

Richard Dawkins famously said "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further"

We cannot ban religion. But I hope someday it will be abolished; simply because people wont need it

Dawkins, along with most of science, simply ignores the scientific proof for God, as well as the example of nature's machinery.

Cool

loremipsum

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:04:44 PM

Dawkins, along with most of science, simply ignores the scientific proof for God, as well as the example of nature's machinery.

Cool

He doesn't ignore it; there simply isn't any proof of God Smiley "Nature's machinery" is pure science Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:12:04 PM

A world without religion would be really great , but I think religions may stay forever
in the history even before prophets people created many things to worship , so it's the human nature I guess

The absolute only way to get rid of religion is to get rid of people. All people are religious, and religiously minded beings. Even the ones who say that they have no religion, simply have a religion of non-religion. Even the ones who don't think about religion at all, still have a personal religion in their life.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:15:21 PM

Cool

He doesn't ignore it; there simply isn't any proof of God Smiley "Nature's machinery" is pure science Smiley

Nature's machinery is an example for us. We make our machines. Some of them are very complex. Without our making of them, they would never get mad... at least that we have example of in nature.

All of our machinery comes from nature, one way or another, or the example that nature's machinery shows us. All of our machinery is inferior to the machinery of nature.

Cool

awesome31312

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:24:35 PM

Cool

Richard Dawkins is a Twitter scumbag. There are way too many of them, but Dawkins deserves an honorable mention because he is glorified by leftists, despite quotes like "Abort it and try again" (On babies with Down's syndrome), and of course his racist ideas.

loremipsum

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:26:00 PM

The absolute only way to get rid of religion is to get rid of people. All people are religious, and religiously minded beings. Even the ones who say that they have no religion, simply have a religion of non-religion. Even the ones who don't think about religion at all, still have a personal religion in their life.

Cool

It depends how you define religion. For most people, religion is something that cannot be scientifically explained. I cannot accept something like that, so in this sense, I have no religion. On the other hand, if you call religion the making of the universe and the laws of physics, then yes, I am a religious person. But in this case, religion is pure science Smiley

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:40:37 PM

Cool

It depends how you define religion. For most people, religion is something that cannot be scientifically explained. I cannot accept something like that, so in this sense, I have no religion. On the other hand, if you call religion the making of the universe and the laws of physics, then yes, I am a religious person. But in this case, religion is pure science Smiley
No religion as nothing to do with science..
Lets not get into the religious argument because you do something religiously no no no we have had that one before Wink....
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:59:32 PM

Cool

Lets not get into the religious argument because you do something religiously no no no we have had that one before Wink....

Science has a whole lot to do with religion.

If you go to store, and get a can of Hunt's tomato sauce, where do the scientists tell you it came from?

They say "Walmart." But you could have gotten it from Safeway, Basha's, Kroger, or one of many other stores. You might have gotten it from a food bank.

Big Bang Theory is like this. Science doesn't know that BB was a reality. Many scientists say that it was, but their science could be lacking all kinds of information. Many people believe what the scientists say, that BB is real. They are like the lay-people in church.

If scientists have become smart enough to figure out your receipt, they know where your tomato sauce came from. But, if they are that smart, they would never tell. Because they would know that God created the universe.

Although science has the scientific process which has little or nothing to do with religion, science has become a whole lot more things than the scientific process alone. Science has become a religion.

Cool

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:47:33 AM

It is almost impossible to ban anything in this world, especially something as a religion that can be disseminated very easily if governments of the world cannot stop drugs for example then stopping ideas is out of the question.
RealityTruth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

narrowpathnetwork.com

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:19:01 AM

Ancient Rome tried to ban Christianity, they persecuted and killed christians. Ancient Rome collapsed but christianity is still here  Smiley

awesome31312

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:26:46 AM

Cool

If you go to store, and get a can of Hunt's tomato sauce, where do the scientists tell you it came from?

They say "Walmart." But you could have gotten it from Safeway, Basha's, Kroger, or one of many other stores. You might have gotten it from a food bank.

Big Bang Theory is like this. Science doesn't know that BB was a reality. Many scientists say that it was, but their science could be lacking all kinds of information. Many people believe what the scientists say, that BB is real. They are like the lay-people in church.

If scientists have become smart enough to figure out your receipt, they know where your tomato sauce came from. But, if they are that smart, they would never tell. Because they would know that God created the universe.

Although science has the scientific process which has little or nothing to do with religion, science has become a whole lot more things than the scientific process alone. Science has become a religion.

Cool

I generally am a critic of science, the way we have it today, I consider science to be a religion in itself (Keep in mind that I'm not an atheist, I'm actually quite religious).

However, you're essentially saying that your God is the God of the Gaps.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:14:44 PM

Cool

Cool

I generally am a critic of science, the way we have it today, I consider science to be a religion in itself (Keep in mind that I'm not an atheist, I'm actually quite religious).

However, you're essentially saying that your God is the God of the Gaps.

First, God isn't my God in the sense that I own Him.

Second, since He is the God of the universe, He is your God as well, even though you might have hidden within yourself your knowledge of Him that we all have in our hearts.

Third, God might be a God of the gaps in a slight sense, if there wasn't a second, far more common, explanation of Him besides science. This second explanation that everyone sees is the machinery of nature.

Fourth, the overwhelmingly universal penetration of the 3 scientific observations that are facts and laws of the universe - cause and effect, complex universe, universal entropy - without anything other then some fragile theories to suggest that one or all of them are not universal facts and laws, shows that there are no gaps.

The existence of God is fact! Belief in the idea that God does not exist is brainwashing or self-brainwashing. It might not be such if we didn't have the evidence of the machinery of nature. But since nature is marvelous beyond all our understanding in its machinery all around us, and since we know from experience all over the place that machines take intelligence to build, Whoever built the machinery of nature fits our definition of the word "God."

I wanted to thank you for, again, giving me the opportunity to show the existence of God to people, by prompting me for a reply to your post.

Cool

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:30:01 PM

Ancient Rome tried to ban Christianity, they persecuted and killed christians. Ancient Rome collapsed but christianity is still here  Smiley

Yes, it's true. Did you think why?
Ancient Rome was selfish state, greedy for power, money, luxury life, world political domination etc.
Christianity was greedy for God's love, and loved people around them, helping and supporting each other, was fighting not for earthly domination or money but for eternal, god's kingdom.
It's very obvious why Christianity is still here, after 2 000 years and Ancient Rome is not any more with us Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:06:32 PM

Yes, it's true. Did you think why?
Ancient Rome was selfish state, greedy for power, money, luxury life, world political domination etc.
Christianity was greedy for God's love, and loved people around them, helping and supporting each other, was fighting not for earthly domination or money but for eternal, god's kingdom.
It's very obvious why Christianity is still here, after 2 000 years and Ancient Rome is not any more with us Smiley

In America and many other countries, Latin is the legal language, and many of the old Roman laws prevail.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: