Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:25:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use a Bitcoin debit card?  (Read 7712 times)
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:36:55 PM

I dont use because i dont pretend to spend my bitcoins at all, i do know some people wich tryed to get a debit card and well the companie werent able to honour the bid soo they refunded the money to them, but the thing is those debit cards are amazing tool to people wich complaint cant use bitcoin directly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamesdean35

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:48:09 AM

Not yet but i will.This idea makes me so excited.So i bought a centra blue card.now i waiting for that and i wondering is will be really easy and fast.if it will be i will cancelled my whole visa's and maestro's

duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:58:03 AM

Unfortunately, for the time being my country is not so developed to have ATM of this type
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:56:34 AM

I'm still not using bitcoin debit card this is because I still felt quite new and with the current situation. I only use 3 web wallet and sometimes also use the wallet of the exchanger.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:10:42 AM

It sounds interesting, i also want to have it if there is, but for me personally i haven't used it, because in the country i haven't provided a Bitcoin debit card like as debit cards for regular currency. Well.. i really want to have it if it's already available in my country.
mustakforum

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:24:09 AM

I personally do not have a bitcoin debit card yet, because bitcoin in my country does not use ATM
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:45:21 AM

I do not have a bitcoin debit card
gameK

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:05:33 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 08:15:32 AM by gameK

I personally do not have a bitcoin debit card yet, because bitcoin in my country does not use ATM
This is a new fuction that not much websites can provide, you should try it, the fee is depend on the blockchain system, usually it's smaller than others visa or debit cards you've ever used.  Coinbase is one in the few website provide it. I think it's just because you do not have a habit of using debit card, it's actually covenient and help you stay away from embarassing moments when you don't have cash.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:10:34 AM

if there is ATM Bitcoin in my country then 100% I will use bitcoin debit card but very unfortunate atm machine not here yet.

Bitcoin debit cards are NOT in any way linked to the Bitcoin ATM. Bitcoin ATM allows you buy Bitcoin or Sell for fiat currency.
Bitcoin debit cards primarily allows you spend the Bitcoins you already have as if it was your local currency (in places that do not normally accept Bitcoin)

The absence of Bitcoin ATM in your Country should not stop you from having a Bitcoin Debit Card if you want one it makes paying your everyday bills easier.

Right... although I can see why the guy got confused. If you don't know about crypto debit cards it can be confusing.

I think they are the least appreciated thing in the crypto world, by the way. You can literally fund an account with Bitcoin and make every day purchases with your debit/credit card like normal, only using Bitcoin/crypto. This is what we all need. We all should be applying for them.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
beezunus

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:43:24 AM

Just curious how many users use one of these..

I've started using Xapo and its pretty good actually.
I can buy whatever I want with BTC.

They have some fees,I tried finding some companies with lower fees but no luck.

They card costs 18$,I guess it was..Actually all companies want like 15$-20$ for a debit card.
Which is a good investment..I guess..

Which one do u use and what are their fees? Smiley

I do not use bitcoin debit card because in my country it seems not yet but if there is already I'm not so interested because if we have bitcoin debit card it will be easy to always spend it and it will make bitcoin savings will quickly run out for items that are not so important and I
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

It is incredibly how thing evolves with bitcoin. Unfortunately, at this moment, i'm don't have a bitcoin card but i plan to get one in the future. I have heard that they are practical, it works just like a credit card, no big difference. I think that next week i will fill the sheet to get one.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:33:04 PM

I dont use because i dont pretend to spend my bitcoins at all, i do know some people wich tryed to get a debit card and well the companie werent able to honour the bid soo they refunded the money to them, but the thing is those debit cards are amazing tool to people wich complaint cant use bitcoin directly.
I will tell you that in many countries such cards can be widely used in certain places and large cities, but it is best to have an account where you can convert a value from a bitcoin into another currency and pay it like a normal card.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:39:33 PM

I only have heard rumors of the existence of bitcoin debit cards and am sure that such debit cards would be used in the bitcoin ATM's that are spring up in some places in the world, there are not even enough normal ATM's in my country how much more the bitcoin ATMs.

pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:36:45 PM

I only have heard rumors of the existence of bitcoin debit cards and am sure that such debit cards would be used in the bitcoin ATM's that are spring up in some places in the world, there are not even enough normal ATM's in my country how much more the bitcoin ATMs.

Its not rumour as there have been severals ATMs both virtual and physical which can be used domestically like the normal ATMs just that the charges might be on the high side. I am still wondering which country you are that in the 21st century, there is no abundant amount of fiat ATMs. Although, over here too, I have not seen bitcoin ATM machines.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:32:34 PM

I havent used any debit card for bitcoins although we have ATMs here. Just not trying to do it yet so but planning on so that it will be easy swiping my payments and without cash in my pocket

Here in my country we still don't have  ATM because bitcoin is not yet fully accepted and the awareness to this is still few. And if we have that here as well as the debit cards maybe I'll use it for more convenience. Besides, it's not a credit card so I will not have a debt to pay. And if this will really happens here, using bitcoin for our daily lives will be a less hassle and many will get more curious and get attracted to use.
i used them both why? because thru bitcoins i can convert it to our money and have it deposited to my debit card and then do any transaction. if ever bitcoin is become fully or more accepted here in our society then that's the time i will no longer use debit card.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:37:14 PM

They card costs 18$,I guess it was..Actually all companies want like 15$-20$ for a debit card.

Is Xapo any good. I got in touch with these cards once I saw the Centra ICO, and I took some time reading their whitepaper. It was after reading it that I realized that there were many more bitcoin debit cards and xapo actually looked like the worst one, just looking at the comparison they did. Only accepted one coin, and had higher fees. Centra looked really good, and so did TenX. I will probably give them a try.

dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:41:39 PM

In my country Bitcoin is not yet supported in ATMs, so we cant use the bitcoin debit cards here. Also I don't need to sue it because I am holding most part of my btc earnings.
I use BTC mostly to make my payments online sometimes.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:06:13 PM

This is the first timw that i heard bitcoin debit card but if there is bitcoin debit card then it is very useful to us because  it is now so easy for us to pay if we have something to buy i a mall etc that accept debit cards so less hassle to us and more convinient
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:59:53 PM

Unfortunately, for the time being my country is not so developed to have ATM of this type

Same here in my country Bitcoin debit card don't exist yet here but i know time will come we will surely adopt that system. Bitcoin is really a new system for us that makes money, and i want to use those bitcoin debit card to transact more easily.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:15:49 AM

In my country Bitcoin is not yet supported in ATMs, so we cant use the bitcoin debit cards here. Also I don't need to sue it because I am holding most part of my btc earnings.
I use BTC mostly to make my payments online sometimes.

Yeah I agree and like the idea of bitcoin debit card but personally I don't want to have one because if I'll have one I really be tempted to spend more whenever I go to shopping as I know that it would be easy to pay. Well to think that it will take years to have a debit card here in my country as well as the ATM booths.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: