Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My bank account's got robbed by European Commission. Over 700k is lost.  (Read 408455 times)
threaded

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:19:45 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 07:44:23 AM by threaded

I don't know if you've answered this zeroday, but seriously, what kind of business-person believes a word of what a lawyer or accountant says?

They're advisers and your gut instinct was towards something in the offing.  Who earned that money in the first place: certainly not those lawyers or accountants...

When peeps from these professions are 'certain' about anything it should ring alarm bells.

[edit] Forgot to mention, often-times lawyers and accountants are legally obligated to give you a certain answer even though they as a person know it is wrong.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:08:13 AM

I don't know if you've answered this zeroday, but seriously, what kind of business-person believes a word of what a lawyer or accountant says?

He had no other choice. He was about to withdraw all of his money from the bank but everyone was saying "Why would you do that? That doesn't make any sense!" so it didn't seem right. Now he has learned his lesson. TRUST NO ONE!

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
broadsword99

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:32:41 AM

No borders anymore is beneficial for all involved. Brings peace and prosperity.

We can have that without your comrades. Ever heard about Schengen? Free trade asotiations? Switzerland is part of both without being in the EU. TOgether with constitutional limits on government spendiand and tax high, they are one of the best economcis in Europe in last century despite world wars and crises.

Problem here is that it is being controlled by evil people, but don't blame the Union, blame the people!

No, it is not bug as you are implying. It is feature of the system. Refer to http://youtu.be/RILDjo4EXV8?t=13m15s

Hey guys,Watch out, Behemot is a scammer on LBC, he tried to use paypal chargebacks, he was scamming left and right, once caught he deleted his account and localbitcoins  gave the confirmation he indeed was scamming, a lot. I'd be wearing what you do this this guy, so peopele coudlnt see all his negative feedback, he is a shiesty mother fucker
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:34:05 AM

And now almost an year later, i can't believe how poorly this was covered by the worldwide media, like it's not the most outrageous government theft in modern history but just a minor hiccup.....
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

And now almost an year later, i can't believe how poorly this was covered by the worldwide media, like it's not the most outrageous government theft in modern history but just a minor hiccup.....

Don't forget the ponzu scheme retirement programs in most countries where they rob from the young to pay for the old.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:43:10 AM

It was covered quite extensively here in Italy.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
technocoma

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:20:01 AM

First time seeing this thread but wow unbelievable. Crooks no other word for it, we've fucked up so we are going to take your money.

Not like you can keep that amount of money under your bed safely, but I know i'd never trust a bank again. Bitcoin might be volatile but if you look after your private keys they will never go anywhere.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:26:03 PM

Well this certainly was a great read. I didnt read all the 40 pages of the thread just the first so take no offence if these points are already told.

What will be implemented in the forthcoming bank union process will make these kind of situations that have happened here impossible to occur again. The main fault in our growth based economic system has been to follow the logic of the alleged human right of every man/woman to pursue his/hers own self interest and that all governmental regulation in that regard is bad. The logic here is to deregulate everything and leave government only the function of keeping up domestic and foreign security.

Now thanks to the neo-liberalist lobbyists and theorists the direction has been to remove the effect of government regulation in all financial sectors allowing banks to take huge risks without any capital kind of requirements considering their liquidity or the debt/asset balance. Now this is why some banks collapsed after 2008 and many were bailed out by the governments.

The most urgent problem here is that the governments allowed the bailouts to happen. This means literally that the banks that had huge debts and no money were loaned money by governments. Some of them bought by governments. And who does pay for the government debt that with this all is financed? The citizens of the governments.

This is what the EU is combating at this very moment by creating legislation that will prevent banks from taking this kind of risks. Also it will guarantee that governments will not bail out the banks with citizens money - such as the op here.

But now regarding OP: You weren't a citizen of Cyprus were you? If you were a tax evader, as most of the oligarchs and businesses who had money in Cyprus accounts, this serves you right. I see no legitimate reason to evade your own countries taxes. You use their subsidized services, such as roads, schools, public transport, the justice system, in- and out-border defence, etc. This is all paid for by the residents of the country and that is what makes the system work. Greed is what has made you invest in offshore banking havens. This therefore serves you right. Oh and by the way, as an entrepreneur I know what I'm talking about. I've paid all my taxes to my resident country.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:59:28 PM

1). Tapper lying to congress and getting away with it.
2). Corzine mixing client and prop funds and getting away with it.

Set aside things like Congress voting on all acts of war, your right to privacy or your right to a fast and fair trial.

But the sickest part is, what Corzine did at MF Global wasnt even technically illegal. Its some fancy financial hoodwinkery combined with a huge all in bet gone wrong.

It could happen again. Corzine was never charged with any crime. No laws were changed. Life goes on for America and Wall Street as if nothing ever happened.

Surely nothing like that could ever happen again, so lets go back to watching reality TV and following celebrities on Twitter and shopping at Things Made in Chinamart. Maybe order Dominoes, crack open a tall boy.

'Merica! Fuck Yeah!
vmmo96

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

a large number @@
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:33:41 PM

Cyprus defolt man..
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:10:38 PM

Many are talking about theft here, and advocate against tax, government etc.

This is a fundamental misconception. His BANK WENT BANKRUPT. In a free economy, he would lose most if not all of his money in such case, which is exactly what happened. Why are you complaining when for once governments didn't bail out banks with taxes from the people ? Make up your mind.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

This is a fundamental misconception. His BANK WENT BANKRUPT. In a free economy, he would lose most if not all of his money in such case, which is exactly what happened. Why are you complaining when for once governments didn't bail out banks with taxes from the people ? Make up your mind.
People is complaining exactly because since we are not in a free market, these kind of things should not happen.
People is told that state and regulations will solve these problems, while the reality is they can't: they just rob you in a way (taxes) or another (more direct theft, like this one).

In a free market we would probably have sounder money and banksters would pay attention to their behaviour because they would know that they would pay the consequences of their errors while now they can rely on the power of the state to solve the problem caused by their carelessness.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:09:35 AM

In a free market we would probably have sounder money and banksters would pay attention to their behaviour because they would know that they would pay the consequences of their errors while now they can rely on the power of the state to solve the problem caused by their carelessness.
Lol.
In a free market they will screw you and run away, just like they do now.

Dusty

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 01:32:01 PM

Lol.
In a free market, who screws me is not protected by the state with my money in order to it again with others.

In a free market reputation is everything.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:34:47 PM

Lol.

Lol @you. In the old far West banksters in default were lynched by their clients no questions asked. I guess that's an incentive enough for managing business carefully.

Can you conceive a greater moral hazard than the faculty of unloading bankruptcies (and even "public debt" since we are at it) on innocent bystanders?
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:13:15 PM

I've just read your story for the first time. Wow, I would have been ruined if I were in your place. I really hope you will get your money back someday.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:57:21 PM

Lol.

Lol @you. In the old far West banksters in default were lynched by their clients no questions asked.
This is not just free market, this is anarchy.
It's a different beast.

cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

IMHO the 700k is blocked as the 128k plus-some are the part that won't be touched.
you will not lose all the 700k, "only" couple of percent.

stop cryin, that's just TAX EVASION catching up to you.

What makes you think that this person will only lose a couple of percent of the 700k? It seems like they have lost all that money so far.

And Tax Evasion, which I don't think this is shouldn't be wrong. If you can go somewhere else and get cheaper taxes then why shouldn't you be allowed to do this?

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
Dusty

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

This is not just free market, this is anarchy.
It's a different beast.
So, what are the differences?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: